Why is everyone so against new cars?

why is everyone so against new cars?
>lower insurance
>lower interest on financing
>built just like you want it
>maintenance practically non existent for like the first 50k miles other than oil chance
>choice
>it's YOUR car, which is also broken in as you want, guaranteed to not have been mistreated, no accidents, etc
>in some cases you actually save money
inb4 cash is king and we buy 20k trailer homes because financing is for retards xd

>financing a depreciating asset
Reminder debt is a tool to build wealth.

>financing a depreciating asset
ok but here's the thing. cars are what we like. other spend people money on other things that they like. what makes us wrong for spending money on what we like?

People don't take out 5 digit figure loans to finance their dumb hobbies unless they're actually wealthy.

Only comparable thing I can think of is buying a sailboat, at least with a sailboat you can live in it and circumnaviate the globe with it.

Also, ultralight helicopters, used Cessnas fall into that price range.

That's kinda how dumb financing a new car is.

Wealthy people have enough money to buy whatever they want in cash, but still choose to finance because instead of buying a $200,000 and immediately pay $200,000 on an asset that is now $150,000 or whatever leaving the lot, they pay $40,000 and finance the rest because $180,000 can make more money allocated in profitable investments than the financing can take away per monthly payment. Wealthy people also have exceptional credit and dont get get kike trapped like Cleetus and Mary-Anne with 10%+ APR, so theyre not giving up much for the ability for the car to literally pay for itself over the financing duration.

Just because you dont know about the ability to print money at will with debt financing doesnt meant other people dont.

>lower insurance
Where I live, you are FORCED to pay full coverage insurance if you are financing the vehicle. On my 2010 accord coupe the difference between full vs all-but-collision coverage is $195/mo vs $115/mo. My 1999 accord coupe was $110/mo to insure all-but-collision. A new accord coupe for me would be about $200/mo on financing. Doing this for a 5 year financing term would cost me an extra $4800 in insurance over 5 years.

>lower interest on financing
0-2% on a brand new car, 4-6% on something over 7 years. Yeah it's way lower, and my investments do bring in ~12-15% per year steady. Thing is my used car was $10k, so the saved $20k or more from financing a new car is secured in investments without worry of a loan.

>built just like you want it
When I bought my used car, "built like I wanted it" just meant "ex trim, no leather, blue color" because that is literally the options. I wanted an OEM spoiler and put an oem clone on paint code matched perfectly for $120, where as the dealership wanted $800. Every single dealership option besides leather seating is a rip-off.

>maintenance practically non existent for like the first 50k miles other than oil chance
Bought my used car at 50k miles, still had new car smell. I instantly changed the transmission fluid to synthetic oem ($60). Everything else by previous owner was documented, dealership serviced and religiously gouged, 30k later I know soon I have to do my brake fluid and coolant, everything else has plenty of life. Brand new brakes and tires are a yearly thing for me regardless.

>choice
What choice? "LX Trim" "EX Trim" "EX Trim Leather" "$800 wing spoiler" "$600 trunk mat" "Black/white/silver/blue/red"

>it's YOUR car, which is also broken in as you want, guaranteed to not have been mistreated, no accidents, etc
It's also cheap enough to buy them used that I can literally buy 10k car used 3 times and be better off. Pretty easy to spot panel gap.

>in some cases you actually save money
Stupid people cases.

You forgot the main reason.
>heavy as fuck

They can't afford them so they pretend their old shitboxes are better to cope. Sour grapes.

as if it even matters on most cars

THIS. So many fucking poorfags on this board it's ridiculous.

Don't tell me you are on of the retards that say you can repair 2 tons of shit engineering and jewish trickery with more electrical systems bloat and suspension settings.

Heh, they sure as shit do, women all over the world spend 5 digit sums to modify their bodies, whether they have the money or not.

the new SI in the OP pic is lighter than the previous gen. also more fuel efficient

also not to mention it's a better car in every way
falling for the used b/c it's a few grand less meme is insane

>previous gen of 2018 is old
The state of Veeky Forums.

last thing is that people here are complaining that soccermoms are killing the fun car market because they keep buying new SUVs and boring cars and such

we could fix that problem by buying the fun new well priced cars that are surprisingly still on the market
there are so many options but all we're doing is letting them die because we keep buying used (like with the fiesta ST, RIP)
>miata
>civic si
>focus st
>86/brz
>veloster
>elantra gt sport
>kia stinger
>GTI
>WRX
>fiata
>mustang/camaro/challenger

sorry grandpa

>buy brand new civic you can afford loaded with tech, fun to drive and quick enough for DDing
>or buy some AMG for similar price that you cant really afford to maintain because it does 0-60 slightly faster and can burn rubber even though you cant afford tire changes

Lots of people on Veeky Forums pick the second choice

>full coverage required
>under 25
>intent to do shit like track days
>I'M GONNA BUY A FUCKIN SPORTS CAR BRAND NEW YEEHAAW

this

or the old
>buy 3k civic
>10k in repairs/upkeep/in opportunity cost spent working on it
>10k in mods to make it nowhere near close or comparable in terms of performance and comfortability of a new car

the issue is bitching at the new civic being shit and overweight and calling financing the devil because they can only afford a 3k civic from the 90s

Veeky Forums cant afford a new civic or a used AMG

It is in fact, overweight, and overpriced for something you're just going to thrash and crash.

my civic is plastered with toys (that I never use but w/e) and still only weighs 1350kgs

also it has some clever front pillars with increased visibility like the new nsx

I mean I would have loved an AMG and could surely buy one used but it would have been someone elses problem and I actually work so I cant spend all day "fixing" it nor have the cash to buy parts

has warranty so not my problem? lol son

>my civic
opinion discarded

>muh bus
Kay son

>warranty
>fixing something if you broke it
"no"

mechanical failure from ''trashing'' is covered under warranty ftfy

and I pay like 200$ for full coverage a year so??????????????????

oh ya one of my main purchase ideas when I was shopping was an used audi a5 5 door 1.8 tsi. this car is better in every way while being half the price (of a new a5). nvm speed but also quieter at highway speeds and grips great

Like i said in the discord i just dont like the way most modern cars look. although i dont hate them all some i like such as pic related.

civic guy here. if I could afford a porsche (as in, ACTUALLY afford to throw 100k+ on a car), I'd get an aircooled one

new ones are particularly sad to me because of electric steering

Low upfront cost and a retard can perform maintainence. Also cheaper insurance due to the fact that it's only worth getting third party

>Like i said in the discord
nobody cares

People get warranty claims denied when it's discovered that they tracked the car

And crashes definitely aren't so well covered. insurance companies don't like tracks.

Discord link?

yea dude I got a quiet DD that can overtake trucks with ease while keeping 40+ MPGs because I wanna track it

and idk about USA, I know you're basically all cannon fodder for companies, but I street '''raced''' my first car and insurance paid up when the inevitable happened

I can't even think of one new car that is not a supercar that I would want. I am sure they are great and practical for driving to work and getting groceries but I don't feel excitement for any of these new cars.

I could walk to work if I wanted to. Of course I bought a car to track it.

well I couldn't. not that my commute is long (lel @ big city dwellers) but I road trip a lot and neither a used VAG piece of crap or 3k civic could put up with 15 hours of quiet straight driving

miats and that new all road mercedes e-class whatever it's called. I know it will spend half the time in the shop getting it's suspension jerry rigged to work for another 8 hours but damn hot. and imho not even overpriced like most mercedes

Jealous poorfags that can only afford other men's trash

in the long run used cars are almost always more expensive. unless you're the kind of normie trash that trades out his car every 2 months

>in the long run used cars are almost always more expensive
>used cars are more expensive
>used
Was that a typo or do you mean that?

no it's factual. you throw your money to keep the car on the road while the new car just runs

I'm talking about 5+ year ownership. I know you guys lack real passion and think everyone goes through 5 shitboxes a year, but that's not true

Lmao my first car was bought in 2009, which was a cheap 1999 accord. I beat the shit out of that thing from 40k miles up to 180k miles without any repairs on anything that wasn't a wear item. At one point I broke a strut so I replaced the front 2, but I literally slammed that car's rear into a pole in winter one day and sold it to my coworker for $50 since I just bought the 2010 accord with cash. Fluids, plugs, a couple batteries, brakes and tires are all that thing ever cost me.

I paid $6000 for that accord in 2009. I delivered pizza in it for 2 years, and my coworker today parks it next to my current accord so I have my first car still around me in 2017. It still runs perfectly fine and needs nothing - he just gave it another timing belt and water pump.

I've had no car payment to pay for 9 years of car ownership. Feels nice. Not every car is built by VAG.

>financing
>your car
Pick one and only one. And new cars aren't cheaper to maintain, you will have to bring the car to the dealer for every basic service and always respect the schedules if you want to keep the warranty.

I have 2 reliable shitboxes. Stay mad when I park within inches next to your new idiot transporter

Comparing it to my car
>10€/ye insurance
>No interest because it was 500€
>Built just like I want it because I rebuilt it
>Maintainance cheap and easy
>All the choices look like fagmobiles
>I'm not an insecure virgin
>You really really don't

my second car was a brand new 2008 l200 with the 2.5 which currently has 270k KMs on it and I didn't even change the original break pads until 140k. shit it was even on the original factory battery until 2015 and this is a DIESEL

only issue was turbo going into limp mode at 180k and it just needed a new fuel filter

that's factory quality. you will never get a car that reliable from someone else

also I had said 180k after 2 years and so warranty was bye bye. the secret is that nobody else got their incapable ass in that car

I'm gonna keep it as a hunting truck until it becomes an issue and then pay some guy to ''crush'' it on paper and just keep it parked in my garage and dust it

that's not a problem just don't dent it or I'll lawsuit your ass :(

You have a point but I feel like car companies need to realize that what they think is affordable isn’t affordable for a normal person. I wanted the new Type-R when it came out. I make over 60k annually but still couldn’t fit that into my budget when it came down to payments and car insurance

Literally everything u just mentioned and I hate keeping card stock especially new cars.

Old shitboxes > deprecated new shit with nannystate crap pig fat heavy shit

>one or two available interior colors
>about a dozen available exterior colors
>selecting one option often requires adding several other options
>tons of standard equipment you can't get rid of
>one or two available engines
>bigger engine is often automatic only
>"""""choice"""""
>"""""built just like you want it"""""
Y'all are retarded.

If it's not brand new, yeah it's old

They're poor and like shitting on people who aren't.

>used cars are almost always more expensive
Are there actually people who genuinely belive this?
You can defend a new car for being new, or being made to your desires, or having the latest and greatest distracting bullshit built into it. But megalol at trying to defend it on cost.

I got my A4 in 2007 for 4k. I've had it 10 years and I've spent another 4k on fixing all the stupid things that broke along the way.
A new A4 in 2007 was somewhere around 25k for the lowest possible spec.
>25 > 8
>used car cost 32% of new
And that doesn't even take into account all the bullshit the dealer will bill you for for as long as you take it there to be serviced, OR the interest on the dumb loan you used to "buy" it.
Nor does it take into account my laziness and just throwing money at the local mechanic. That % would be much lower if I gave a shit about doing things myself.

Fuck me. I can't even. I really hope this is b8. People, actual adult people cannot really be this dense, can they?
Just kek.

>3k car generating somehow generating 10k in repairs
???

you may want to ask whatever mechanic you're taking your cars to a few questions.