Do you like the Fiata?

Do you like the Fiata?

nobody but italishits like it

Who doesn't

It's slower than a miata, 0-60 and in pulls, it's gayer than a Miata, not sure how that's even possible but they pulled it off.
It's the same power but with the added complexity of a turbo so there's more to break in the long run.
They took a Miata and made it worse, whoever buys it is an idiot.

yeah sure why not
i'll never buy one but it looks like fun

Yes. Looks nicer than the Miata, is essentially the same vehicle, and the value is going to tank very quickly because no one cares about them. Gonna be a perfect weekender soon.

This is probably the only Fiat I wouldn't mind owning

Its ok but the miata looks better and has the RF to offer. Maybe if they added power to the fiata hardtop coming out it would be better, but for now its just a less fun miata

>relying on the factory for more power
Are you retarded? The 1.4Multi-Air has a large aftermarket already and with a turbo swap and fuel system upgrade w/tune will make even more

I feel really torn. I really like the whole front end, the turbo, and the generally slightly tighter suspension, but I don't like the back end of the car or the lack of RF version. At least not yet.

I'll probably end up owning an NA or NB before I own an RF or 124 anyway due to price.

Is it true that Mazda forced Fiat to undertune the engine so the Miata would be faster?

NO HARD TOP COUPE VERSION GET FUCKED YOU FUCKING ITALIAN FUCKS

Another episode of:
>Why we should nuke all tripfags

Its offically slower by .1 of a second. come on now jpeg.

No. Too cute and gay looking. Verts are for balding assholes. And I'm not driving a 1.4l.

While I can technically afford a Mustang GT, it's kind of hard to justify buying one when I make 70k/yr, when this probably has half the running costs (insurance/fuel/tires/etc). Maybe I should buy one. The Miata is more expensive here unfortunately.

some guy in my area has one. exhaust sounds slightly nice. i have no opinion on them, since i've only ever seen one on the road. probably a pass

he isn't wrong tho. anything made by FCA is garbage

But its made by Mazda.

>And I'm not driving a 1.4l

Small dick compensation detected

look again

>Fiata
>Made by FCA

Retard

The most important part of the car is fiat

What's Veeky Forumss opinion on the mx5/miata mk3?

underpowered

How is 140bhp/tonne underpowered

go look at the 0-225 km/h time and then come back to me. it's slow

>0-255 time

Miatas are not for the autobahn moron.

exactly. because they're slow. thx fur proving my point

kys

>the fiata is made by mazduh u guize

looks ugly

ND looks better, imo.

Besides a turbo, the Spyder's best feature is that it won't be dubbed a MIATA. Worst fucking name ever.

>half the running costs

If you're lucky...

Yes. Don't think I'd buy one though. I'd rather see Fiat create a RWD successor to pic related.

if that was how much a corvette beat a gtr by you guys would shitpost about it all day long

well you see child, the miata and the 124 are pretty much the same car that cost nearly the same. so its not like the gtr vs corvette maymay at all.

I test drove one recently right after testing the ND

Pros

Nicer interior, driver position feels more solid stock, and the seat is set in a way so you can see the creases and lines of the hood

Exhaust, absolutely beautiful sound. Legitimately debating on buying just the exhaust from one of these because it's that good

Braking, brakes are more stout. Definitely don't have to worry about not having stopping power when you round a corner and see a cop

Cons

SLOW, put my foot down hard, hear beautiful noises, look down, only going 30

Cost, way more expensive than a base miat

Handling, the fiat doesn't have as much feedback to the wheel, and doesn't have as good of a turning angle, so expect a turning radius roughly like that of a pt cruiser

3rd gen is great. It's good power for a Miata, very modern, etc. It's just unfortunate that it's so ugly looking.

Purely for the fact that I hate how it looks, all chubby and shit, I'll never own one. That said, it is objectively a good car.

It's abarth which makes well build products.

I dont like the look of it at all

>being this uncomfortable in your masculinity

fucking kek

Mazda did not want the Fiat/Abarth to be considerably faster and or better than the MX-5, hence why the power limitation for the Fiata.

The 1.4 engine can be safely tuned up to 200 hp without effort and the power can increase in the 300 hp area with minor tuning and parts change.

Here's where the Fiata tops.

It looks really good though.

Love its looks, but I'd have to drive one for a couple days before I gave a yes or no. I'm also inherently distrustful of any FCA product, so it has that going against it in my book

>gayer
>italian convertable is gayer than the hairdresser-mobile

you need to recalibrate your gay-dar bro.

>whoever buys it is an idiot

Said the "guy" that almost spinned out to his death driving @ 30 mph.

Wew lad.

>FCA product
It's a Mazda product.

was that an Abarth model?

>anything made "by FCA" in a Mazda factory in Hiroshima is garbage
u wot m8?

>Mazda manufactures Fiat 1.4L MultiAir engines

Yeah, it's a turbo Miata. Gonna trade my shitbox in for one in a year or 2

That's the only reliable thing Fiat makes, and it can easily be tuned to make way more power
Have fun squeezing more power out of a Mazda engine with a 14:1 compression ratio

>solid and reliable engine made by FCA
>can take up to 300 hp with minor tuning and upgrades

So it automatically is "unreliable" since it's not manufactured in a plant of the same country you weaboos masturbate to day after day.

Seems legit.

Is that tripfag actually the guy in that webm? Fucking pathetic

>Dodge Dart engine
>Reliable

Yeah I highly doubt they managed to make it better while also having to modify it for a longitudinal layout...

>implying they didn't make the necessary steps to make the 1.4 MultiAir as reliable as possible
You do realize when you take an engine normally used in transverse applications, and place it in a longitudinal orientation, you have to do more than just design a new oil pan, right?

it bothers me that it's not all one color. too much going on imo.

Yeah, I was driving the Abarth for the fiat, and the Grand Touring on the Mazda

>literally just a new oil pan
You know just like how the F series in the S2000 was adopted for a longitudinal layout
And the problem with the Dart is the dogshit transmission

If you’re in America maintainence will be more expensive due to the forced induction (more wear), and it being a Fiat (foreign).

Yes.

It doesn't come like that as standard...the stripe and red rearview mirrors are optional

Except that's wrong. Modern forced induction engines are very reliable and the engine is used in domestic cars like the Jeep Renegade
The rest of the car is a Miata which are plentiful in America

Stop applying boomer logic to modern, globalized cars

i wonder if you could swap over the NC's front fenders, hood, bumper, and headlights...

Then it would look coole.

Probably not considering its a completely different car

Post webm plz

>forced induction tuning versus NA tuning
>what will make way more power after a cheap tune

If someone handed me the keys to one or I could get an insane deal hell yea it would be awesome, but if I was paying full price I'd take the sift top NA Miata every time.

It's still faster than the bus you ride, user :)

So this or the ND for a DD in a place with a lot of rain?

They're more or less the same car with different styling and different engines, I doubt rain would affect your decision much
If anything there's rumors of a hardtop Fiata coming soon

What about mostly driving in a city? Im kinda looking for some reliability/longevity as well

The big differences mechanically are mainly the transmission and engine config. On the Fiat you have the smaller engine but it's turbo and could be less reliable than the Naturally Aspirated ND in theory, but it could be negligible considering most cars are going turbo these days. The Fiat does however have the Miata NC's transmission (for the manual option) to handle the higher torque so you could argue it might be more reliable or cheaper to repair/replace if something does happen. Take this with a massive dose of salt, my problem is anything mechanical or electronic has a tendency to breakdown within a 1000 feet of me, including a fancy pants Porsche that needed a jump literally right outside my house. I'm thoroughly convinced I'm cursed and if you tend to feel the same way the less complex the better.

If there is a hardtop fiat coming this applies just as well but the soft top will not insulate as well as the RF model and there will be more wind noise and you also have to worry about someone cutting the top and fucking with your car in general. However the hard top adds about 200 pounds of weight but more important adds a very complex folding mechanism that if it ever has a problem will most likely be difficult and/or expensive to repair. If you live in a city with a lot of people walking around just looking to fuck with people for kicks a soft top might me a target. I might just be seriously paranoid (I am actually) but it's something to consider.

If you're interested in the hard top RF I recommend you sit in one if possible since you lose most of the rear visibility and if I could afford a Miata I'd go for the soft top since that's a huge reason I like the car.

Just buy a low miles nc and a supercharger for it.