ITT: Engine swaps

Show me some interesting swaps Veeky Forums

pic related: Flathead Ford in an early Willys CJ

Other urls found in this thread:

hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2017/05/Thoroughly-Modern-Morris---1955-Morris-Minor-Traveller/3750820.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WpfWl5G7SVM
gearheads.org/20-crazy-engine-swaps-thatll-make-ls-swap-look-like-kindergarten/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oshawa-durham-region/1984-mazda-rx-7-coupe-2-door/1324540342?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Toyota engine in Morris Minor Traveler

hemmings.com/magazine/hsx/2017/05/Thoroughly-Modern-Morris---1955-Morris-Minor-Traveller/3750820.html

At this point if it's anything other than LS swap I'd consider it interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=WpfWl5G7SVM

based 4ag

gearheads.org/20-crazy-engine-swaps-thatll-make-ls-swap-look-like-kindergarten/

That's hot in the streets right there. I swapped in a 4.3. Vortec in mine.

>When shooting yourself in the head is just too easy of a suicide

Yes those are turbos. On a V12. In a Z3.

Jesus Christ same. The K20 is starting to go down the same path

Hot damn.

>people want to use good engines in their swaps
>wow guys can you please stop making sense and picking good platforms for power

Yeah, if it's.

SR20
LS
Cummins
K series
JZ
Rotary

It's boring as hell. Fuck most of them were boring years ago. Only exception is when it's some weird car and even then it's usually meh.

More people have no skill and just do the safest option.

t. person who's never done an engine swap

Like a rotary in some old shitbox is boring, in a Nova it's at least unique.

Don't care lame ass, go off a cliff with your no originality having, no skill ass.

My smol benis has never been this medium before.

I did the lamest possible engine swap, a B234R in place of a B204L

No skill?
I didn't use a kit to swap my car, every single piece was custom cut out of a sheet of 3/16 steel and welded together,
Stay btfo

Ain't care, at least you admit having no originality.

>one of my 8 projects determines my originality
kek

Guys, I'm thinking of trying to squeeze a 4G63 in an R56 mini cooper. Full AWD swap and all.. is that sum y'all consider boring orrr??

>attention whoring furfag

Yeah, I'm sure you have many original ideas.

Been done before but enough to the point it's boring.

You bet I do, just bought a miata to cut up and fuse with my datsun 510, two cars will soon be one, fuck that shitty suspension datsun uses, fuck that steering box, we getting rack and pinion and double wishbone in that datsun chassis, along with B series mazda power.

If you wanted to innovative, swap a 3rd gen Hemi instead of an LS. It's better run every way except weight and budget, especially now Mopar had finally released swap kits.

The problem is with the budget though. Not everybody has the budget to pay for something different than a standard LS. It's just unavoidable that it's the cheap, simple and well-documented option. If you wanted an small, aluminium V8 in a W201 for less than 30K, you'd be hard pressed to anything but an LS. Maybe a 1UZ, but that won't make nearly as much power.

>bought a miata to cut up and fuse with my datsun 510, two cars will soon be one
I was siding with you on the realistic choice of engine swap, but what the fuck is that idea ? Are you at least using rusted piles of scrap ? I hope you're not butchering good drivable cars.

How about a factory ls swap Holden by design

miatas are gay dude it doesn't even matter, I'm making a non-gay miata

This. Even if you're a tripfag

More often then not, an engine swap, particularily LS swaps, are done to have more power and reliability while remaining cost effective. Not to be a special snowflake attention whore with an obscure engine that you can hardly source parts that rapes your wallet. Hurrdurr guise luk at my engine bet u never seen that b4

Saab bois

why do you tripfag when it's not relevant? I trip when I specifically talk about my car and only sometimes, it just makes people remember all the stupid shit you say and discard your opinion most of the time. One in five hundred tripfags is actually liked because he's someone interesting, which you aren't...

whyy

>I-I did this much with my $3k shitboxes so I'm cooler than you!!!
Please kill yourself. If you want to have a circlejerk around you, go to a forum or some bullshit.

Is my S52 E30 too well documented to be interesting?
>tfw getting ITB kit soon

Because more often than not people who engine swap LS have no skill and probably aren't even into cars. It just werks.

Thought about swapping a Kubota diesel into mine, but may wait and get another jeep for that.

Should I swap my standard Impreza motor and tranny for a STI rig w/ front mounted intercooler, or just buy one new?

Kinda want a sleeper. It’s an 08

Thinkin of buying a RX7 and swaping in a ford 302 anyone done this unsure how the car would handle a non rotary engine (would be first engine swap)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZcjpXbMiCtg

Alright im doing it you convinced me

Was literally the most common swap up until the 2000s

That car and owner is such a cancer.

Twas? I didint know that well il be doing it then thanks to
Tho i want mine to look good

Same, if it isn't regarding my vehicles, I don't bother.
Reason being, I don't want someone to try n claim my shit as theirs.

Assuming you're talking about FB's and FC's yeah. People been putting 302s in them since the 80's.

F20s are common but it's still my favorite RX-7 swap.

Dont know the variants to well this one
kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/oshawa-durham-region/1984-mazda-rx-7-coupe-2-door/1324540342?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

good =/= interesting you fucking furry trash

Yeah that's a FB, people go crazy over swapped RX-7s but the rotary is such a shit. There was a trip on here a few years ago that had a nice, clean af 5.0 swapped one.

Alright il keep going for it then thanks user mind recommending some cheap but good turbo?

Also how easy is it to pull the radio out and swap it with a Bluetooth one? This will be my first car and i want it to be special

That really depends on a lot of things, you're gonna have to a lot of research on that.

Dunno, find a RX-7 forum. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard but I've never owned a car that old.

Alright thanks user-kun im real excited

>$100,000 Porsche 4 cam engine
>Split Window VW Beetle

isn't the b204 better for boosting to 400hp+

They're actually the same block, just the 2.3 is a stroked out 2.0 so the piston speed is higher at a given RPM. I would not rev a B234 as high as a B204 and that may be what limits you at very high output levels. I don't think there are many people who are getting over 400WHP with stock internals.

Good =/= interesting you fucking spaz

>huur durr ls sucks guise there shit that's why everyone does it

You stupid fucking hipster, you just don't like it because it's popular. You were bullied as a child weren't you

Interesting =/= good ***

>thread about interesting engine swaps
>talentless retards with no working brain get triggered people find their "it just works" swaps boring and bitch

Autism

>with that Mazda b series power

Why not LS swap it?

1.8 diesel in RX-8

>all that work and money
>NOT EVEN INTO CARS

>E30
>mein neger
Not quite yet, you still have some time left

I bought a cheap Lamborghini Murcielago frame last week and am gonna put a rear engine Fiero V6 in it. Basically like all those other kit cars done before, but this time on a real Lamborghini frame so it's half-real this time.

>If you wanted an small, aluminium V8 in a W201 for less than 30K, you'd be hard pressed to anything but an LS. Maybe a 1UZ, but that won't make nearly as much power.
Pre-chain drive Audi 4.2 for maximum heresy

lol how much did you pay for that

>not driving a rusted burnt up death trap

this isn't fucking real.. is it?

>thinks the chassis is still rigid after ITS SET ON FUCKING FIRE

do you even know what heat does to metal?

>has never swapped an engine in his life

anyone who talks shit on LS-swapped cars is an automotive hipster and are the reason this is a shit scene overall

since when the FUCK did an engine have to be "unique"

its an air pump

even our 2JZ car is shit because it isn't a 2JZ-GTE VVT from an newer mk4 supra. literally spend $700 on an intake manifold, and $2000 on an ecu - just to THINK about boosting it

its literally non even worth using for a build. its MUH 2JAY BRO

>$4300 just for the engine

$1200

of course, I'll be reinforcing the frame with new metal too and I already ordered all the replacement body panels. I don't care, for less than $10000 I'll be able to have my own Lamborghini now.

Kek, could've had 8 or 9 junkyard Vortecs for that, or a 500whp+ ebay turbo build on said junkyard Vortec

100% chance it still smells like it was burnt

I've sold LS1 powered cars for less than an F20c cost on ebay

literally could just buy an fbody and rip out the engine for less. then you can throw a 4.8l ironblock vortec in that and sell it for most of your money back

f20c is a great engine but its not exactly cost effective

>for less than $10000

>ebay: lambo murcielago left side rocker panel

>$3700

>lp640 rear bumper

>$10,350

just curious i guess they sell cheap panels? OEM lambo is nuts

TELL ME THIS IS REAL

Fab up a bed and turn it into a pickup truck.

There's a guy on eBay making cheap replacement fiberglass panels.

Put an LS in it

This

>all engines are the same