What's the best cluster light color?

What's the best cluster light color?

Pictured is an aftermarket LED kit to replace the default amber LEDs on the interior of an E46.

How it looked before.

amber led's are /aesthetic/ and you should feel bad for soiling your BMW.

This is great, so cozy.

This is shit, cold and sterile. Would be nauseating to drive under for any length of time.

But I like red, personally.

i dont even like bmw but this tbqh

Yeah dude stock bmw clusters look so good. The amber looks perfect and tasteful, blue just makes it look like cheap riceshit.

Not my BMW famalan, I just bought an E46 and I was checking out some of the mods I can do to it.

You sick motherfucker.

disgusting

anything other than a soft green is stupid and retarded.

>red
do you know why stop lights are red?

>blue
better than red, but its still too attention grabbing.

Orange or green desu.

Blue is shit tier.

Soft green is SSS tier

>replacing your super comfy amber cluster with a shitty blue one
fucking why

Dark rooms are red and they're cozy as hell. You're an ignorant cunt.

bmw orange or white

red/amber is best for your night vision, and won't strain your eyes. Blue is literally the worst color for your ability to see at night

Yeah the au falcon

AU Falcons are and always will be shit.

No amount of memeing will change that, Falcunt.

>>>
>Anonymous 01/19/18(Fri)13:14:41 No.18534219▶
Last fucking you need to be in a car is cosy. Don't mistake comfortable with cosy.

Red in anything but politics

Blue on the outside is mint tho

I'm not gonna shit on you for your taste user, everyone is different, but I would definitely be keeping the amber, or if I had to change change it to a 90s blue-green. Sea green I always called it.

Just as long as you match it with the rest of the lights in the car's console or offset with another colour. My R33 has amber lights in the head unit and cluster, but the air con and digital clock are sea green which really stops the orange from being too much.

t.redditor

White with red accents.

fix your abs sensor and reset tyre pressure ffs

Wow you're getting shit for this. I can honestly tell you that I love it. Blue interior lights is godlike

amber

LEDs are uncomfortable to look at. Soft amber or natural incandescent lights are nice.

Blue interior lights are fucking rice tier and always have been

Amber a best, green is good, everything else is shit. I put white led in the cluster of my old truck, ended up swapping them back out for regular 194's, 10/10 comfy

Don't know what's the best but the worst is blue/red combo on VW, horrible shit.

>replacing classic bmw amber with hyundai bçue

keep it stock faggot

Who pays your cops, gay boy?

soft green or orange

you're a dumb cunt.

Being the longest wavelength, red is a powerful colour. Although not technically the most visible, it has the property of appearing to be nearer than it is and therefore it grabs our attention first. Hence its effectiveness in traffic lights the world over. Its effect is physical; it stimulates us and raises the pulse rate, giving the impression that time is passing faster than it is. It relates to the masculine principle and can activate the "fight or flight" instinct. Red is strong, and very basic. Pure red is the simplest colour, with no subtlety. It is stimulating and lively, very friendly. At the same time, it can be perceived as demanding and aggressive.

Green strikes the eye in such a way as to require no adjustment whatever and is, therefore, restful. Being in the centre of the spectrum, it is the colour of balance - a more important concept than many people realise. When the world about us contains plenty of green, this indicates the presence of water, and little danger of famine, so we are reassured by green, on a primitive level. Negatively, it can indicate stagnation and, incorrectly used, will be perceived as being too bland.

i'd rather restful and attention grabbing from my cluster lights. i want to concentrate on stuff outside the car, not my speedo going "LOOK AT ME NOW LOOK AT ME NOW"

rather restful THAN attention grabbing**

fuck you user you stupid cunt for giving me YET ANOTHER project to do with my car

>he doesn't enjoy feeling like he's on a night flight about to slaughter the enemy while they sleep.

>i'd rather restful and attention grabbing from my cluster lights.

So you'd rather fall asleep at the wheel than actually drive?

white
pink

There are pink clusters?

As a physicist, you're a fucking idiot. Red light has a long wavelength, which means it is less energetic than blue light. Blue light has a short wavelength. The shorter the wavelength, the higher the energy of the light. This is just Planck's equation... E=hv where v is the frequency of the light which is related to the wavelength by v=c/l, where l is the wavelength. Basically, for the highest energy cluster, you want ultraviolet; scratch that, you want gamma rays. Fill your instrument cluster with cesium. Let the wonderful gamma rays penetrate deep into your seeing-spheres.

>How to over-analyze a colour: The blog

You want red because it is least contrasting to darkness, yet still very visible.

red is long but that's the opposite of powerful
compare microwaves to gammawaves

Can I have your manual trans when it rusts user?

Green is only acceptable color

>Wanting the most perceptible wavelength to maximize dash to ambient light contrast and ruin your nighttime visibility as much as possible.

Nice.

I agree with, but of all things WTF are you doing on Veeky Forums? you know the no experts allowed rule here.

Soft green is still where it's at

Not green, not blue, but a mix.

Blue. :)

I love teal. My mom's Mustang had the customizable color in the instrument cluster and I made it teal.

That is almost too comfy, I think I'd fall asleep desu

Yikes, looks like a shitty ricer car now.

Op is the type of person that replaces domelight bulbs with bright white leds

>not plain halogen bulbs
You autist don't understand real comfyness.

looks like alphagetti

but the orange is so comfy in those cars