Tfw not enough credit history to get a certified pre-owned vehicle for 13k even with decent credit

>tfw not enough credit history to get a certified pre-owned vehicle for 13k even with decent credit.

Who /young/ here?

Saving 13k isn't that hard.

You mean young and not prepared for the real world by having began your credit history and proving financial reliability years ago. Speak for yourself noobie

Try not having any credit. I can't even get a shitty high interest card, because I don't have sufficient credit history.

That's what banks and credit unions are for.
You can get a decent rate, no annual fee credit card at your bank without so much as a question. Use it for day to day purchases to build babby's first credit.

American life seems weird, all that credit Jew shit.

>Tfw 22 with 750 FICO

Get a secured credit card and use it to buy small shit you would anyway and pay it off each month, OP.

Until then, buy shitboxes from craigslist.

>muh credit score
>muh payments

> (OP) (You)
>Saving 13k isn't that hard.

It truly isn't. I have like 2k in my checking right now. But they would like a co-signer.

> (OP) (You)
>You mean young and not prepared for the real world by having began your credit history and proving financial reliability years ago. Speak for yourself noobie

Unfortunately I didn't get my first anything until 19. Job, bank account, credit card, etc. Parents were not keen on me doing anything under 18 because of how many jumps I'd go through to do anything. Oh well.

I'm 21 now so I'm working on credit history and shit.

>have 800
>fucking bank calling me to offer loans

i can finance up to 50k and 10 years old

What is a credit score? Do banks observe your financial history, checking how reliable you are before letting you take a credit?

Just lease a shitbox ffs. You're gonna spend $13k on a used BMW right?

>having teachers and parents that love you enough to help you prepare for the real world
some people aren't so lucky. check your privilege.

Was a 2013 Accord Sport, $12,9xx, 67k miles.

My 06 Impala LT took a shit. Just want a newer than 08 car.

I didn't have any of that and was prepared

I'm 6 years old and I can get a small loan of a million dollars

Basically.
They look at how long you've had credit, how good you are at making payments and how much of a balance you carry on your credit.
The best option for youngins is to go to your bank or CU and get a low limit, secured credit card and use it to buy little shit like gas or groceries and then pay it off every month.

Does it have scratches and is it dirty?

oy, did one of you go- i mean guys need a loan?

>europoor upset we can invest into 60k vehicles without putting any real money down while he has to save 2k just to drive a shitbox

Impala? Absolutely.

13 Accord? Absolutely not. Was very mint, I went up and down the exterior and interior. Very clean.

>hes proud Banks basically turn americans into indentured servants with debt
Are you retarded?

>he gives any fucks

>not living in debt with managable payments
>not buying expensive shit and then dying and not giving a fuck because u r ded and already enjoyed ur house and car that the bank owned

fucking retard lmao at ur life

get a secured card m8.

>he doesnt buy lamborghinis on credit and die in a crash high on cocaine
Lmaoing at people with positive net worths

I had a "student" card through my insurance company.
No annual fee and the points it earned applied discounts for my car insurance.

I would look into something like that.

The student Visa got my credit score to 700 after owning it a year.
After that, I financed a Tempurpedic mattress because the stores were doing 0% interest for 5 years.

Those two combined got my score into the 720 range.

>Saving 13k isn't that hard.
Maybe if you still live with mommy and daddy or make 50k a year. I have a decent job but after bills it would take me over two years to save that much.

the psychological barrier of seeing 13k vanish is tough

t. someone with a quarter million in liquid assets

>not living with mommy and daddy AND making 50k a year
>plus another 25k

Does no one love you enough to cosign?

Average salary in my country is 230 euros/month. 13.000 euros would mean the income of 56 months.

>230 euros/month

OIIIIII VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

>he makes 75k
>still lives with his parents

what are you doing bro

heres what you do op
>go to bank
>ask for student credit card

that's it. they'll ask how much money you want to put down as that will be you're credit, you. get that deposit back in like a month or so depending on bank. i put 300$ so it was very low but you gotta start from somewhere

I was 22 making 60k a year and in order to buy a 13k car i ended up with 6 percent. i paid it off in 2 years to avoid paying all that interest. it sucks.

Why do Americans loan money to buy a car?

Surely you can save up?

Because americans have the need for a new or like new car

Most new cars are leased. It's almost not worth dropping the full $30k on a car when you can finance it with almost no interest or lease for nothing a month and not have to do any maintenance. Even wealthy people do this.

Well the high mileage, general neglect and rust tends to kill cars early here. Some idiots commute 50 miles a day and need something reliable so they spend the money for the peace of mind.

>not living in debt
This actually goes for life advice in Murrika.

step it up homie

because money is very cheap in the US

Just buy a car outright for 2-3 grand.

>Surely you can save up?
Not anymore.

The combination of wage deflation, inflationary policies, and prices of durable goods skyrocketing due to easy credit basically mean that you stand no real chance of saving any significant amount of money. What was that figure that came out recently about most Americans not being able to access even a crummy $1000 in cash? Something like 90 percent?

lol what card do you have thats only 4.7%

I've only ever had the one I had since highschool but all of the other ones I've seen charge you like 15-25% interest or some stupid shit

not that it matters because I basically use it as a debit and pay it off every month, but still

Visa

getting filthy fucking rich
I don't talk to girls btw

what is it like having your parents pay your bills?

It's closer to 60%, but it's still abysmal nonetheless

most americans treat their cars like absolute shit and therefore the used market is trash. if americans had to pass an inspection every two years they could enjoy more high quality used cars instead of having to buy a new car every 5 years.

What makes you think you won't scratch and dirty up the new accord?

inspections don't do shit.

In NY the inspections say you have to pass a number of bullshit tests many of which are nonsense and any car could pass them

oh but the moment one of your Fog Lights goes out that you never use because you don't live in a foggy place that won't pass inspection. But if you remove both the foglights entirely from the car suddenly it'll pass inspection. You won't pass inspection for having a single fog light out but you will pass inspection despite having a rusted out ball joint in your suspension or broken springs because according to NY none of that is important but fog lights you never use are.

I got a loan from my credit union at 21 and all i had in terms of history was credit cards.
Just get a discover card to start building credit, once banks realize you're not a nigger you'll get more lines of credit

Post here if your credit score is below 500 :[

Don't blame him, blame his dumbass parents for not teaching him about credit

>buying expensive shit and then dying and not giving a fuck because u r ded
This is unironically my life plan.

Get a 2009 Sonata. Very reliable and last model year so most of the kinks were ironed out. The only problem with it is the rear brakes wear down quickly

There's three companies (Equifax, Transunion and Experian) that banks hire to get credit "profiles" from their customers. Credit scores run from 200 to 850 ( or 900) and they're based on your credit history ( number of credit cards, loans, how long you've had credit for etc).

It's very easy to reach a high credit score if you're not a retard or already in debt. I'm at around 780 and I've only been at it for 3 years.

girls are gay

>once banks realize you're not a nigger you'll get more lines of credit
It's funny how this applies to literally everything

How do you plan on buying a house before you're an old fuck?

>Hurr Durr you should've started building credit when you were 12 years old user
Consider suicide

So you can have it in the shop every month for a $700 service? Some people have jobs they have to get to. inb4 muh $300 civic that I put a million miles on.

Same as anything. You save.

I've never had a credit card, or borrowed money, or any of that shit. And I have my own house, 2 cars, and not a single thing to worry about with banks.
All it takes is two things:
>patience
>the ability to not give a shit about what anyone else is doing or saying
Most people are incapable of either.

You've never lived until you under-offer on a house like a cheeky cunt and get laughed at. Then tell them they can have it ALL by next monday, then they go really quiet and get this weird look before they can't shake your hand quick enough.

I bought a shitbox Kia for 4k and it's been fine for the last 8 months. I think I changed the sparkplugs.

t. flyover
Try living somewhere where houses cost more than your Camaro

Find other banks, you can get approved with 0 credit at 18 years old.

With 15% APR, maybe. The guy has to build credit first so he doesn't get fucked by the interest jew.

>Not working remotely so you can remain an antisocial autist AND get cheap land
The state of your life

Lol. My credit union once approved me for a $10,000 loan after I told them I was in between jobs. I've always had good credit though, so maybe that's why.

>use my credit card to buy the usual shit and pay bills
>occasionally splurge on something nice but only if ive got the cash
>pay it off right away
>790 FICO score

Planning on buying a bike soon. Will take a small loan for it just for credit building and pay cash for the rest. Then pay the loan off early before any interest really hits just to make me look good.
Blows my mind that so many people give zero fucks about credit scores and then wonder why theyre stuck renting an apartment well into their 40s.

This. My dad helped me apply for a credit card when I was maybe 18 and I started using it for pretty much everything. The only time I ever have cash on me is to pay the barber.