If you aint got a liter you aint got a peter

obligated reply

Retarts gonna retart.

dbt's are the worst fuckin threads on Veeky Forums
god damn brainlets, all of you

Best dual sport reporting in

Yamaha best

Well played

IRC GP110s as a dual sport tires. Yay or Nay?

CC you're the only dual sport rider on here I really trust.

Anyone know where i can get my own colors made up? Im thinking about starting my own biker gang

Uncool story bruh
Probably why it was moots favorite thread

>Probably why it was moots favorite thread
This.
Moots pissed and mods are fed up.
They are talking about banning dbt all together now

I haven't used them so I can't say. I have had the IRC TR8 on my XR650r and I have a front on my Tiger, they wear really well for a knobby but I didn't like the front one on the lighter bike. Seems to do well on the heavier Tiger. That's my only experience with IRC.

What bike would they be going on?

Sv650
Its a supersports bike but i want to convert it to motocross

And nothing of value would be lost.

What a stupid idea, instead of 2-4 dbt's a day there would be literally thousands of posts on Veeky Forums about bikes plus our resident shitposters would move to doing it on the main board.

Do it though, maybe they will make a motorcycle containment board after they realise how much trouble this thread was saving the rest of the board.

Ignore this guy, they're going on my XT.

120/80-18 rear and 2.75-21 front are a hard combo to match, and honestly I absolutely need my back tire to grip as much as my front, if not significantly more, on large rocks and loose gravel.

Try pilot road 4s they grip anything even water

those are pretty common sizes, if mileage isnt a big issue on the tires and you just want grip, D606 rear MT21 front. you dont have to run a 2.75 front, use a 90/100 or a 90/90 they all fit the xt just fine.

Sounds like a brettygud idea tbqhf

what kind of offroad/onroad ratio are we talking here

About 85 percent road 15 percent gravel driveway

That's not the KLR.

I would put those on any adventure bike or supersport in the blink of an eye, but not on a dirtbike.
D606 are great, MT21s aren't recommended for the rockies. TKC80s (front and back) are probably the best tire you could put on any 250 dual sport. Best of all, they'll last longer than a lot of knobbies tend to.

On gravel? What?
One of the worst tires if its hot out and its made for asphalt.

Its more of a shingle than a gravel

>PR4's on a supersport
>get one of the best handling bikes you can
>ruin it with garbage tires
Yikes

>PR4s
>Garbage tires
Pick one.

Mileage kind of is an issue, I'm on a bit of a budget and I can't be spending huge dollars on tires. I want my next pair to last a good 5k miles, and they really can't be super duper high end $200 tires.
Just a good pair of 50/50s or 60/40s. I found the IRC GP110s on J&P Cycles for a great discount, and I was hoping to order them now and just throw them on when I do the spark plugs/oil/oil filter/air filter/clutch when I hit 5,000 miles in a couple weeks.

Pr4 is one of the best tyres known the man

Try something good like Rosso 3's or M7RR's and its a world of difference.
If you're a shitter and not actually riding hard it won't matter but then why are you on a supersport?

Post your meaty chicken strips

Thats not fair i only ever ride in a completely straight line

What the comfiest bike i can buy for european touring?

Recommendations for a starter cruiser? I was thinking like a rebel 500, harley street 500, or even moving up to like a street 750 or yamaha bolt.

My problem is that I don't like the ergonomics on most cruisers. I like having my feet under me a little, like on the rebel and bolt. That's why the shadow isn't appealing.

GSA
K1600

>Buy pilot poorfag 3s
>crash literally the next day

okay tire
no grip when it's 29 degrees out
would not recommend for winter riding

New sportster really but not the 1200

GSXR with ape hangers.

Actually a good tire for you then :^)

>anime girl keychain slapping around on your forks
Degenerate

>Be shit rider
>Blame shit riding on tires

Not sure what you are looking at price wise on the IRCs. I'd recommend Mitas E07s for a 50/50. Really though just get some proper knobbies. You won't burn them too fast with a light, low power bike like that anyway.

Maybe MT43 rear, Scorpion XCMH front?

this is not the /dbt/ thread

post here

It's there to remind me that I will be remembered as a loser when I inevitably die.

I was told by the internet that brand new tires were no longer slick and just needed to be warmed up. The internet was wrong. Everything was fine on the old tires.

I rode the 883, not a bad bike honestly. I just know the general consensus that Harley isn't the most reliable motorcycle, compared to like a Yamaha Bolt or Honda Shadow.

The 883 rode pretty nice, didn't throw my heart into my stomach of course but it had well more than enough pickup to be enjoyable. A little on the heavy side for what it offers though.

HAY GUISE WHAT DO I DO AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS? I RIDE A 250 SUPERSPORTS RACE BIKE AND CAR DRIVERS CANT EVEN DEAL WITH HOW SUPERIOR I AM TO THEM I COULD HANDLE A LITER I JUST DONT WANT ONE I SWEAR

hit your horn instead of your blinker and fall over

works every time

Fuck off dbt has enough problems stop trying to fork it and get dbt banned

Ok i chuckled

the problem is he doesn't have /dbt/ in the subject so people cant find it

It's still in the subject, it's fine.

>what is find in text

The thing they didn't tell you is you still need to be a good rider to ride normally on new tires. If you do newbie things like lean through corner exits you'll still crash.

Do a track day before trying to go fat in the first 500 miles of new tireship

Needs moar dbt threads

>buy new tyres
>crash the next day

No shit, they wouldn't have been scrubbed in yet.

My filters picked it up no problem.

Wow, piece of shit used my [Dirty Bike Treads] format too. Fuck this guy.

>only 4 threads about bikes
>a gorillion threads about shit cars
Apply yourselves

Congraturations, your're wordplay have become part of the lexicon

fine we'll live with this aids thread

>/dbt/ gone
>random threads about bikes
>it's all "yeah i had that one it was good" "i had that one it was shit" because it's still Veeky Forums but with people who actually own or owned the cool stuff and not busriders and corolla drivers

The statement stands. Don't blame the tires for your inadequacies as a rider.

From J&P cycles, I'm look at $137 for both the front and rear, with free shipping.

>daily car thread is gone
>random threads about cars
>what car is gud
Etc etc etc

Ok, so get rebel.
Or man up and get a scout

For that price they are worth a shot

I paid more than that for just the rear E07 Dakar

Found the guy that has to ride a liter bike because he's too fat for a 600.

It's alright. That bike was bought just to be crashed, fixed for cheap, and then crashed again, since it was the lightest and cheapest highway-capable fuel injected bike on craigslist at the time.

>KLR
>good

They're on a huge sale, usually they're ~160 for both the front and back, and from revzilla I think they're ~165-170 for both.

They're a really highly rated tire, I'll try them out and get back to you after I put them on and ride them a bit.

In a few weeks.

Busa. Unironically, it seems like a good touring bike.

>comfy

>anything krapasaki
>good
Crapasaki are great if you like being used by a manufacturerer as a beta tester

Got any advice for a beginner buying a dual sport in your/our area?

What a fucking retard
Protip, if they have a tripcode you know they're retarded

Turbobusa with knobbies

I actually would buy one, it would have to be an older one though.

>"Yeah, my first bike was a turbobusa. It's alright. It was cheaper than an R3."

Buy a Yamaha

I want to but the used XT250s in my area are a little pricey

Buy a new one on finance, its basically free money and you wont look like a poorfag so girls will sleep with you

Depends what ratio of road/off-road you want to ride. The 250s will be good off-road, but really slow on the road, while the 650s will do highways somewhat decently, but they're heavy pigs off-road. A DRZ 400 is a pretty good compromise, although they're pretty overpriced on the used market, since there are no real alternatives.

>riding an xt250
>not looking like a poorfag

DRZ is too heavy for off road properly and only has marginally more power than the 250s

>corolla drivers
And what is wrong with that?

>DRZ 400
>39 crank hp
>CRF250L
>23 crank hp
"marginal"
Even the WR250R, which is the most powerful of the 250 dual sports, is 9 hp down on the DRZ, that's a pretty noticeable difference

>comparing it to the worst 250
Bit disingenuous..
But the wr250r has quite a bit less weight and more gears which helps a lot.

Having ridden both they're on opposite sides of the spectrum, the WR makes a good dirt oriented dual sport, where the DR makes a good road oriented dual sport.

I also think the DRZ makes a much better supermotard but who gives a shit.

Neither of them are particularly good desu, the DRZ is outdated and the WR is modern, but underpowered. The only good dual sports right now are the European 500s (KTM, Beta, Husqvarna...), even if they have very short oil change intervals.

>Camry driver
Safe and sane, 5 miles over the speed limit
>Corolla driver
Floors it everywhere because it's a camry driver but younger

I don't floor it everywhere!

Bullshit.

I only burn my clutch when I try that, so no. I don't.
When I have the money I will put in a new clutch, maybe turbo it, put some white six spokes on it and make it a WRC look-a-like.

If your clutch smells like burning when you floor it you need to replace it.

>Corolla driver is not a public menace
>Only held back by mechanical issues, plans on a turbo kit

See what I mean? Fucking corollas. Civics got too popular and now every boyracer from coast to coast either wants a corolla or a yaris.

My clutch burns when I don't gently use the throttle, I know I need to replace it, but no money for it now.

Even with turbo that car is slower than your average 125cc bike.

I called the guy selling one and so I'm going to go take it for a ride this evening. I'm afraid if I like it I'll haggle a bit and buy it.
How do I hide a motorcycle from the wife?

Got so nervous I accidently posted this in the wrong thread

>hiding a baiku from the missus

Say you have a new lover, she will understand it more