/arena/ - Arena FPS General

FRAGGING BUGS EDITION

Gloom Night tomorrow at 5PDT (5:00 Commiefornia time) download Q2 and Gloom from the pastebin put Gloom in Q2 folder wait for the slipgate to bugworld to open.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Fragged thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!EAxAlSwa!9v0PQ7QgN60mXDptMqWXvdAC2srSCnb7pGPqZojG2QI
moddb.com/mods/gloom/downloads/gloom-13
rigelatin.net/q3a/quotes/crash.php#death_insult
youtube.com/watch?v=eS-jWA-WDKA
youtube.com/watch?v=heJetHOK7MA
youtube.com/watch?v=SvGADfbpxLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

speaking of bugs
wonder what klesk is going to be like
both character and gameplay wise

god i want slash to enact all the worst, most horrible fetishes onto me while she laughs in that grating maniacal voice

>spawn in front of the enemy who has the quad

I totally forgot about him, he better be as obnoxious as before in Q3

She has a cute voice though

>Gloom controls
Q: special ability
R: toggle flashlight
F: deconstruct buildings
1-3: weapons
scroll wheel goes through items and middle mouse button uses items which works for building as well as picking classes

link me

mega.nz/#!EAxAlSwa!9v0PQ7QgN60mXDptMqWXvdAC2srSCnb7pGPqZojG2QI
moddb.com/mods/gloom/downloads/gloom-13
this saturday at 5PM PDT

Whoever the monster guy is, he looks like a Xenomorph crossed with the purple guy from dota

>Nyxggers

>5PM PDT
or 0000 hours GMT for proper time

> thrice

I can't be the only one that considers a dainty girl like Nyx moving around that fast while holding a gun the size of her torso comedic

also the muzzle flash literally obscures her entirely

Stop rail spamming

can't spam rail if you play quakeworld

let me fix that for ya, family

You stop it

What are the chances QC isn't doa

I think pretty decent, with the right changes

Never played Q3A without forced enemy models then, I take it? Crash looks just as silly running around doing her jump-splits with an xbox hueg RL.

Anyone play Cube 2: Sauerbraten? Just stumbled upon it on Debian Linux' package list and it actually has players. It features in-game cooperative mapmaking and the engine looks pretty good.

s h i n y b u t t

pls

your crash is all grey instead of shiny blue, something's gone wrong

Why do derpy females have such nice asses?

CRASH FUCKING WHEN

>derpy
>highly trained military instructor who taught Doomguy everything he knows

>all those guns models in quake 2 that weren't meant to be seen above 90 FOV
reee

it was a screenshot from qlive's steam store page, sorry senpai

Recall her text lines from Q3 desu. Cute but she seems harmless and sort of derpy.

>rigelatin.net/q3a/quotes/crash.php#death_insult

Because you're a Ferengi.

works fine on my client

>she seems harmless
>has to be relegated to Tier 0 to gauge just how powerful new contestants are
>stick her in an arena with Xaero and she'll handilly whoop his ass (seriously, set up a bot match and try it)

user... how did you know my ears are kinda big?

I'm fucking noided now

you said
>FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMAAAALEEES
youtube.com/watch?v=eS-jWA-WDKA

QUAKE® II: GLOOM tomorrow at this time
here's an EPIC frag video to get you PUMPED
youtube.com/watch?v=heJetHOK7MA

Bitch I'll fucking teach you how to swim

Kek I usually use females or chick when referring to the opposite sex.

more vanilla/ctf would be nice

I think there's a command for weapon fov specifically, you might want to look into that

user you named your file wrong

slash has better armpits

HUH

Armpits are very low on the list of importance user.

I disagree.

So lads who is your horse in the proverbial race that is the QWC?

none because I can't predict shit when bad netcode and hero abilities are in play

Netcode being an issue is indeed true, but the abilities shouldn't take away from one competitor's skill over another.

There better be a uncensored version of that floating around.

I'd pound that partybreaker and bury my face in that denial if you know what I mean desu

Was it not Slash who had those split jumps in quake 3?

Hopefully they make the right changes but I have no faith in id to not screw things up

And hopefully there'll be more rule 34 on quakefuus once the game is live

There was a time when id only put out mechanically solid games, Carmack's ability to make engines work was second to none. We refer to this period as "pre-Todd"

Who knows, maybe Doomguy will save us from this nightmare of bugs

Just checked and both of them do- Slash has split jumps as her forward-moving jump animation and backflips for moving backwards, Crash has (relatively) normal jumps for moving forwards and her split animation is used when moving backwards (so opposite of Slash).

We can only hope, at the very least, that the patch will change up the tone of monotony that is current QC

Cypher ;^)

But he's not going?

>call it a world championship
>only allow europeans and north america to play (on a viable ping)
lol, good one id! Really promoting your game.

;]
It's ok, easy for Agent then

How dare they exclude all those promising African Quake players

>the only market outside of EU and NA is black people
Hi Tim.

Hey! Don't talk about-I mean...

I just want Lewds and art of cute quakefuus being cute, doesn't have to be r34.

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I vaguely recall a UT2k4 Zimbabwe server

there is, check the artist's tumblr (in the corner of the image)

Repostan
youtube.com/watch?v=SvGADfbpxLI

>tfw you just want to play tony hawk online but the only modern way is THUG Pro where everyone has been doing the same ridiculous physics glitches for years and scores 100million point combos like nothing

Good night /arena/ don't forget to do your part to save the human race from the bug menace.

Anyone know if quake champions character (user) names are going to carry over to early access?

Didn't see a single post about the new announcement minus DOOM. Will my unlocked champions right now get wiped from my Bethesda Net account and will it get grandfathered into my Steam version?

$30 USD is a good price.

Probably

*retracts penis back into pants*

So I've heard the news about doomguy, personally I think the idea to make Berserk his active is fucking dumb, unless they manage to make it actually interesting.

Giving a character an active ability which is literally just "fuck guns, punch people" is the most anti-quake decision they've made yet. I can't wait to fight against retards who play this character just to press their ability key when they start losing a fight, so that they can be relieved of quake's one and only requirement for dealing damage to other players: having to actually aim at them

>inb4 b-but the gauntlet exists
The gauntlet is a fucking joke weapon used to humiliate people, it's only draw is that it's so underused that you can sometimes catch people by surprise with it, that's literally all you can do with it.

The reason why Berserk sucks so much by design is because you're taking this thing that's supposed to be underpowered, and making it the main mechanic of a character's active ability. Somewhere, somehow, this is going to break the game.

Any news on my nigga BONEZ MCSKELE being added to the roster in the future?

Soon*

plz

>the leaks were true
>no hunter in the leaks

Oh relax, she's a shoo-in

>is the most anti-quake decision they've made yet
Did we forget that we have abilities that give you wallhacks, self heal, invisibility, vomit DoT, shields, Tron barriers, healing pods/proximity mines and teleportation on demand yet you are bitching about someone who can put down the pizza cutter and punch instead that requires being in melee range anyway? Just putting things into perspective.

B-but his berserk mode won't make him faster or take less damage user. ID wouldn't do that to us. They wouldn't ruin quake by adding a "winston" character that doesnt have to aim and can get free kills by pressing W to get the casual crowd since the game is dying...
R-right...?

We'll find out tomorrow I suppose

Those things are still pretty manageable by comparison, and all of them are designed around the simple concept of players receiving/giving damage to eachother using weapons

>wallhacks
still requires you to aim at your opponent
>self heal
doesn't really matter since in any situation where this ability would save you from death, you'll still be getting shot at with >80 health and no armor
>intangibility
also kind of retarded, but all it really does in the end is just stops/delays a fight for a couple of seconds
>vomit DoT
fucking dumb, I could understand if it was just the flat damage, but DoT of any kind in first person shooters is fucking retarded. You shouldn't get an extra X amount of damage for free just for hitting a shot.
>shields
only lasts for 10 seconds, pretty easy to bait out and escape from, and clutch's hitbox more than compensates for this ability
>healing pods
you literally shoot them twice and they're gone.
>teleportation on demand
hitting the tele-frag with this thing is too difficult to be reliable, the projectile itself is just a rocket that you can only use once every 20 seconds. The teleportation on demand isn't really an issue, it's versatile enough to be interesting, and fair enough to be fun to fight against.

Most of these abilities make sense as they are, literally only 2 of them really need any kind of rework, but I can definitely see Berserk not panning out as well as they intend.

Bump

[rattles externally]

[spooks exoskeletally]

Ten or so hours to stream

this will be so RAD.
I don't think it will be a screen swipe think it will be more like firing a zero range bullet, but in that case they need to make it viable. I don't know how but maybe give him a slight movement speed boost or a small lock on (which I hope they don't do cause that's easily exploitable) or heal him to full health when triggered which wouldn't be that bad if he has 100 or 75 health.

Looks like a nice map.
Neutral areas are big and open, obelisk rooms are tiny and will be VERY crowded during fights