/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General/

Welcome to the Sonic General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss about new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #887 - Iizuka is Still a Fucking Retard Edition

>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13771727
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/900414363936235521
chatzy.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Advance spritework>>

reposting

There better be a new Classic Sonic stage shown off tomorrow that isn't a boss fight

Forces has a lot of cool shit in it yet the game is just really unappealing to me. But that was kind of the same problem I had with Colors and Generations

The plot elements are just badly integrated with the gameplay and it comes off as a clusterfuck I think.

>Blue eyes

How ya doin', /sthg/?

Pretty shitty.

Worse now that you've posted this.

It's pretty ugly aesthetically, unfortunately. Sonic and co. are on point, but the OC Creator outputs look really, really bad.

You fuck young mobians, Tails?

But why?

It's probably just going to be the tag team shit.

Would Amy be a good match for Sonic?

Maria would've been such a cool character if she was more like a Robotnik and less a generic moe anime girl

How the fuck were they gonna introduce Eggman family and only have them be relevant to Shadow's character development?

Amy & Knuckles' brother and sister relationship is so cute

Honestly speaking, I think the Modern & Buddy stages have done a decent job of incorporating the story into the gameplay like with Park Avenue, but the GHZ & Classic stages feel lacking a bit. Not that user

Yes

I could not disagree with this more.

>hey hedgehog, wanna /ss/?

>Maria would've been such a cool character if she was more like a Robotnik and less a generic moe anime girl

They will do that in the SA2 remake

Have more characters like Eggman would ruin his unique status in the franchise. It also helps to show us that his insanity and megalomania wasn't something inherited, but something he chose himself. That adds a lot to the character, I think.

Is there some readable "Maria survives" fanfics?

I'm that user. You can tell a lot of elements of Forces scream "Oh fuck" when things didn't turn out the way they seemed

Boom Sonic bombing and Classic Sonic getting a real game that overshadowed Forces really doesn't help

It's mostly the Shadow game that wastes the opportunity. She doesn't have to be evil at all, but all the Robotniks are smart, cunning and full of life. They could've at least made her a bit quirky

>brother and sister relationship
Is that what you call it?

Your headcanon is irrelevant.

Uhhh yes? They act like how a sister and brother would

Her character is that she has AIDS and the US Government / a PMC fucking guns her down in a raid on Ark.

How would being a quirky xD anime girl be any better than being an innocent one?

Boom Sonic probably did heavily affect Forces development, along with Mania being green lighted, but I still they can salvage this game & make a pretty good Sonic game out of it.

I feel bad for Shadow. He had a hard life.

I wonder exactly how much the other characters (Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Rouge, etc.) know about his past.

I think you're misinterpreting user's post. Too many people like you on the internet get aggressive for no reason when someone presents a different idea like you have autism or some shit

Because there's not much special about her. Both her and Gerald are just sort of means to an end for the plot than their own characters. They're related to Eggman, but only matter to Shadow

It'll be decent like the other Boost games. I'm sure that's at least guaranteed. It can't be THAT hard to fuck up

Too many people on the internet project anger or aggression onto posts where they do not exist.

Did anyone like how the Sonic characters had longer muzzles in the Adventure games?

>want to make a cat buddy
>have to deal with that mouth
>likely no hair options anyways

>Both her and Gerald are just sort of means to an end for the plot than their own characters
Have you considered that this may be because they've both been dead for half a century?

>do not exist

Yeah...
Let's go back to your original post

>Her character is that she has AIDS and the US Government / a PMC fucking guns her down in a raid on Ark.

>How would being a quirky xD anime girl be any better than being an innocent one?

This doesn't sound like a rude smart ass at all

Maybe you have autism or some social disorder if you cannot see how rude your post sounds.

We saw some hair yesterday, so we'll likely have hair options. I can totally see a lot of the assets for CaC being stuff that other characters already have, making it easier for people to recreate characters like Blaze or whatever.

I liked it

One of the screenshots from yesterday showed you can add tufts of head fur like how Tails and Amy have, so maybe there's more

It works for SA2 because that game gave us just enough to work with while remaining in the present and more importantly sticking to being Sonic's story

It's really Shadow's game that bugs me. It's clear nobody even tried when making that game and retroactively ruined so many things from SA2. Even if SA2 wasn't perfect. If they were going to have Maria be a more prominent role she should have at least been characterized at all, even if her personality was a clone of Sonic or Amy just for some kind of metaphor or some shit

Would Sonic be a good boyfriend?

Does anyone know the male:female ratio here? Not joking or anything. I legit wanna know.

Can a brotha get a screenshot?

This looks like as if she was riddled with bullets.

I agree with you, but I also think that they shouldn't have focused on Maria and Gerald at all in Shadow the Hedgehog. All you are doing when you go back to them is revisiting a story that had already been told. Shadow got over his desire for revenge and fulfilled Maria's wish by going against Gerald. I'd rather them focus on something else, like how Shadow would handle a crisis on his own vs how Sonic would do it. Maybe they would even have opposing methods and get in each other's way sometimes. Anything but focusing more on the past which Shadow already moved on from in SA2.

strawpoll.me/13771727

So, /sthg/, are you a guy or a gal?

I dunno, CAN you?

>strawpoll.me/13771727
>no male(girl) option

Or, if they weren't going to give Maria a fleshed out role, they could have at least better emphasized that the levels involving her were fever dream bullshit projected into his mind by Black Doom.

Actually if you want to fix Black Doom, make them a fucky mind reader that spun the story in an attempt to make Shadow comply. Not just the events on Ark, but also the clearly bullshit story of Shadow being an alien of their kind, too. Implanting fake memories and all that shit.

As much as I like the outright angst that comes from Shadow watching Maria get gunned down in cold blood, I can't help but feel like memories of that have to have been fabricated in order to turn Shadow against humanity again.

Nanda kore wa? 3 girls?

Was it really too much to ask you all to answer honestly?

Why people so pissy about the aliens in ShtH? I know that shadow's plot is pretty stupid this detail alone seems to induse hatred in some individuals more that other aspects of that game combined.

I refuse to believe there are actually natural-born women here.

Yes

The thing is Shadow's game was the point where he moved on. The fucker died in SA2, there was nothing for him to move on from. Being brought back in Heroes as an android/robot would've been interesting too. But it's clear at first before they stopped giving a fuck they wanted to go back to SA2 to explore the story more just to pander

The ending of Shadow was pretty much the same as 06, just not literal

There was a lot of potential to explore hypotheticals, but it's been shot deader than Maria. I can't believe that shit was 12 years ago

But why? I just wanted to know, honestly, and I can't get a straight answer.

eh. no playing along? Ah well here you go

Are you telling me none of y'all ever got a rping oc making girlfriend from deviantart?

There are girls here?

Well we are all anonymous here. Trying to attach an identity to the people here is a bit contradictory.

People hate the execution of the Black Arms more than the concept. Shadow being an alien was perfectly reasonable, but goddamn did that little cartoon hedgehog have to be related to a bunch of lovecraftian abominations?

The biggest issue was the story as a whole was just meandering bullshit that went nowhere. The Black Arms were destroyed and we'll never see them again

there was one user who got a wife/girlfriend who was into dressing up as amy.

>Shadow being an alien was perfectly reasonable
He was already a homunculus, though. Why did he need to be an alien, too?

There are a lot of women in the Sonic fanbase in general. It would make sense for some to be here too

YEAH BUT

I know I'M female, but I definitely didn't expect this.

It's just an easy way out to create an "Ultimate Life Form". Find some super-powered creatures, promise them something in return, two dads make a baby

It's less reasonable he's a hedgehog than an alien really

YOU HEARD HIM BOYS, cast your meaningless vote

twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/900414363936235521

He's based on a godlike hedgehog of prophecy, though.

I jokingly voted ____ma . not like it matters really

Prove it.

>twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/900414363936235521

LET'S GOOO

>twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/900414363936235521

how do I vote? there's nothing there beside the previous winners

posting a happy cute picture

>Have a bunch of kinks and fetishes so always feel awkward when thinking about trying to hook up with a girl
>Won't likely want to deal with fujoshis either

Anybody else have charisma problems? This really is more my fault than anything

Prove that you aren't female

I voted for Dragon Ball Fighterz because it actually deserves it.

...Anons, I can't. You know I can't.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom.

Fuck you

We should raid that site and find a way to get the game high votes just for the lulz.

God, that just makes me sad.

>Was going to vote for Sonic.
>Saw another game series I really like and voted for it instead.
I'm sorry, /sthg/.

Why wasn't Amy playable in Adventure 2? Do they have a playable female character quota or something?

One thing that's kind of sad is the Biolizard never got a chance. It seemed at least somewhat intelligent and seemed to be just as brainwashed as Shadow by Gerald's bullshit, and yet it was pretty much just treated as a monster.

You don't see the poll next to the logo?

Sonic is ashamed of you

She was in multiplayer.

Because there was no fourth member to the dark story to validate her being playable.

Let's be real, there's probably 4 or 5 other games that deserve it more

The emphasis on Team Sonic and their foils. Amy just wouldn't fit in there with her Adventure playstyle. She was saved for multiplayer like Metal, Tikal and Chaos

Adventure 1/2 Amy design >>> everything after that

chatzy.com/

Because they were originally only going to do three characters, but complaints about the amount of playable characters being reduced from the first Adventure made them double the amount of playable characters by copying the original three.

Story-wise, there wasn't many stages she could've had.

While there's more deserving games, the idea of Forces beating them all would be pretty funny

They wanted an even number of Hero and Dark with similar playstyles. If they gave Amy a distinct style that'd increase development time and make a new character.