/fg/ - Falcom General #87

Previous thread: >Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
humblebundle.com/store/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Ys VIII released, but PC release date delayed due to issues with the port: steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/1484356232247880393/

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Ys Seven is out on PC: store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
gog.com/game/ys_seven

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

first for loose holes

Secret footage of nisa localizating a script all day with google translate.

Finally no more black border shit beyond the dungeons

Oh warrior of XSEED!

Link it instead of just talking about it.

Please rely on me Instructor!

can't wait for another Ys by Nisa
and Sen III by Konami

>I like eating shit
kay

He's full of shit. Some guy wrote a one-line post that shows he never read Red Moon Rose all the way through, and dismissed the theory off-hand. Not very convincing.

>Eh... But vampires get their power at night. Not from emotional outbursts. Rean doesnt seem to require night for his powers.

I'd agree to an extend, but we don't know if that counts for true ancestors, Elder vampires seemed to still require the night to work, but otherwise they were normal humans during the day. Still, it's only a guess, nothing set in stone, but Rean is mixed, so he's not a full blown vampire most likely, just has similar powers to one if the theory is indeed true.

Seems more likely that he just has a vampire's heart. The most feasible theory I've seen on here is that he and Osborne lived in Hamel, and Roselia's heart was transplanted into his body to save his life, and after that osborne abandoned Rean with the Schwarzers to embark on his quest for vengeance against the nobles who destroyed his family.

Beautiful, anonymous. Simply fantastic.

If there was revenge in the mix, it's long gone now. His plan seems to be entirely focused on some goal, which we have no idea what it is yet.

This outfit is so not Towa.

He already got his revenge, so of course now he moves on to bigger things.

>Relying on Nu-VII

Well she did get pushed into it by Crow and Angelica.

I know, but i'm talking about his general attitude. He's too calculating, and always seems a step ahead of everyone, and demeanor doesn't strike me was someone who was looking for revenge, but more like he gave up on it long ago, even before CS 2, and found a new goal instead.

Calvard when?

FAAAALCOOOOOOOOOM

That's Claire's second name right?

Yeah, famous instrument makers.

Will Calvard have ninjas

>give'em what they want
>push those boundaries

Is Crow talking about Jurai?

Yes, but you won't see them

At this point it's not just nobles, but the whole system. There's a good reason why he represents the reform faction in Erebonia. He's pretty much became what he hated though.

Are the students going to have to face Rean being lovey dovey?

sweating_students.jpg
A shame the model is so bad up close.

I wish every anime producer used the term Optimal Bounce Vectors

2deep4me

How deep is 2 deep?

WAGA KEN WA MUTEKI NARI

Millium, stop being a little slut, or else.

NA~NCHATTE

Millium is nothing when in proximity of Altina

Sara day, and 8 days left.

Unite against bullies!

I LOVE KLAUDIA

>Completely flat chest
How sad, even Millium has more than her.

Millium is sexy

Finally finished VIII. It barely resembles Ys. Nothing but bloat. No sense of adventure. Get to a new area and the camera zooms around, Paro marks the places of interest, player isn't trusted to find anything on their own. Too little enemy variety for the size of the areas, leveling feels unrewarding and offers meager gains making actually killing stuff pointless. Finding some out of the way chest always contains nothing but ultra situational garbage equipment you'll never use. Cutscenes for every stupid s***ty thing, just for one or two anime lines reiterating stuff they just said. None of these characters have any lasting meaning, you'll never see them again in any real capacity. Hell, we already have two games chronologically past this and where are all these survivors! Origins does more for the lore of the series in 10 mins of dialogues than this does in 10 hours of telling me a medical student is a student that studies medicine. Trails/Kiseki already exists for people that want all this junk, adding this junk to Ys was unnecessary.

go tell that to people who are fellating over it

>Origins does more for the lore of the series in 10 mins of dialogues
>tfw Calvard do more for the lore of the series in 10 mins of dialogues than CSI-II does

>/v/
We already know they have shit taste

>Origins
almost got me

>than this does in 10 hours of telling me a medical student is a student that studies medicine
So you're a retard? Got it. Makes senses that you'd dislike the game.

>consolewar shit
Fucking sonyggers

>/fg/ unironically defending NIShit
Pathetic

>current year
>still keeping explosives in your dorm

I want to pet Fie like a cat while I cuddle nonsexually with her.

You don't need to be that afraid of Xeno and Leonidas user.

holy shit he has a portrait now

So do I.

Sieg is best girl! I love sieg!

Yeah it's cool how NPCs got more portraits in 2nd.
Especially good for the children of the foster home.

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

*replaces Rean's heart with Crossbell*

>before I play crossbell game
Sieg just smart messenger bird
>after I finished crossbell game
when he going to reveal himself?

Sieg is the Grandmaster.

I unironically love the "everyone is a villain waiting to reveal themselves" meme

t. left paw of Mister Tiddles

*'s familiar.

He was a spy all along, that faggot

Behave like a messenger bird and you will be fine

Sieg is just Queen Alicia's familiar like Celine and Grianos

Celine >>>>>> morgana

This is the holy guardian beast (fairy) of Erebonia's sept-terrion. Say something nice to her.

>Erebonia's sept-terrion
Which one?

Also the guardian beast will be a horned lion

I don't know

Wind. That will be the twist since everyone expects time.

Wind isn't really unexpected because Gaius just won't shut up.

>Alicia
not Klaudia mother

Yeah but no one pays attention to Gaius. Most people seem to expect time because dead people walking or even water because it's opposite to fire.

Plus the cards.

I thought the sept-terrions in erebonia was fire to the east and water to the west
No idea where I got that from tho

Fire is kind of a given and the black records say something about opposing natures hence water.

>Implying that its not Fire representing life energy and Time representing death

light and darkness

Fire represents war and conflict. Time represents, well, time.

is there a more edgier element than time

What's everyone playing before Sen 3?
I've been playing Star Ocean on psp shits fun as fuck

Ys VIII of course.
Also I tried playing SO2 but it fucking sucks, dunno why people loved them.

That was my plan honestly but fucking NISA PC DELAYED

I'm thinking of starting Ys Ark, but i've been playing doom wads instead.

>Time represents well time
Did you even pay attention to like the billions of demon and death imagery associated with the element since the Sky era?

We're talking about the Sept-Terrion. I doubt that Aidios would intentionally make the Time Sept-Terrion a demon. It's most likely just Life and Death.

I wish coldsteel would at least ask me if I want to unequip every 'rare' quartz and gear before doing it. I always take minutes to figure out what I had and want on an almost naked character again.

Its not a literal demon, but time showing up in a shithole like erebonia with all of those undead people among other things makes sense considering what its associated with so far.

I'm not arguing about that though. I'm just saying that Time represents time, not just death.

Making my way through gagharv. Shiroki majo was great and I'm on chapter 3 in vermillion now. I like it a lot but it also feels like a drag thanks to the gameplay and all the backtracking.

Fire is pretty fuckin edgy

I'd honestly suggest you just cheat a bunch of levels into your characters so you can focus on the story instead.

Well shit.

So what do you think Osborne's five metropolis plan will be?

I honestly have no idea, from the name i assume it has to do with using 5 specific cities for this plan

I figure it's a plan for governance after conquering all of zemuria, with major national capitals representing seats of local government

He needs the locks in 5 cities like the Liber Ark to summon the Sept Terrion of time to go back in time and undo Hamel.

His own country with blackjack and hookers.

I want to FUCK Millium