teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn (embed)
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ (embed) | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB (embed)
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil AHUE): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g

spy is a meme

>embed

Someone convince some uber-rich person to start holding massive cash prizes for TF2 competitions regularly. There, the game will receive shitloads more attention and thus care.

don't think i've ever actually used heavy weapons gal mod

>implying valve would do anything
they are snobbish retards with clique-like mentality
literally any other game company would have done matchmaking better, specially the competitive side.

I think you're severely underestimating the power of huge sums of money.

5 millions is a drop in the bucket for a company like valve, its really close to nothing for Valve, if you think a huge tournament would make valve devs work better you're so very wrong
besides they dont have any real leadership, the flat company structure is falling apart, more and more veteran programmers are leaving the company

>see guy's profile picture
>it's peach's fucking LIPS
>say in allchat "goddamn I wanna fuck Peach's lips"
>"me too bro"
>adds me after the match

If that's true, then how do you explain DOTA and CS, both of which have huge cash prize tournaments and consequently lots of Valve support? Also, who said anything about just five million?

CS and DOTA are newer, DOTA has Robin Walker for fucks sake
i think Valve used TF2 as an "experiment zone" for so many years that it kinda looks like an used condom for them nowadays, it was one of the main places where they started testing microtransactions, the profits from those are the reason the game went F2P in the first place.
>who said anything about just five million?
is this a monologue you're working on? it has potential but you gotta work on it

Large cash prize = shitloads of players. Shitloads of players = money for Valve. You brought the specific number of five million into this from seemingly nowhere. That's why I pointed it out. It was an oddly specific number that was not even hinted at by me, so it confuses me why you'd use it as a salient point.

also people were watching doto before tourneys. nobody watched tf2. sorry it's true, it's never been very fun to watch. inb4 webmguy tries to persuade otherwise

i find tf2 fun to watch tbqh
more fun than csgo and mobashit for sure

more fun sure, but honestly there are a lot of boring parts to get to the meat of the action. it happens in bursts

takes good casters to fill the dead time, but it servers as a buffer to make the next big push more exciting to watch and easier for the casters to .. cast

spamming chokepoints during stalemates is digustingly boring desu

what is the most OP class?

I dunno, at least if its a stalemate then the teams are somewhat even.
What's worse is going through chokepoints when you know your team is either never going to get through, or easily push through.

Depends on what you mean OP. Given unlimited skill level sniper would probably be the most "op" yet soldier demo and scout are versitile and mobile.

tuxedo terrorist and kiwi longshoot man

I think he means watch. You ever sit there and fucking watch 2 teams build uber while poking? God I want to hang myself

It takes, like, 30 seconds

Oh okay, yeah, competitive is generally boring to watch.
It's just people that are so skilled that they might as well be bots going through the motions of a map they've probably played thousands of times before.
The most entertaining times are when someone decides to break up the monotony and try a different tactic, but that usually ends badly for the team that tries it, so few people do.

Nah dude, then one guy's gotta mess up which takes several more minutes cuz you can't push on equal footing

more like 5 minutes of scouts doing 3 damage long range shots and sollies firing a maximum 2 rockets at chokes, then roamer doing a failure of a suicide bomb, taking out nobody, then enemy team decided to push, loses their roamer and scout and backs up
shit's boring as all FUCK

Haha yeah fair enough, that does happen more than I would like

Why aren't you making a profit literally right now?

bored

dead niggers LMAO

Sephiroth Gun

PONT AND CLICK AVENTURE XDDD

you just got headshot by a brony

Downvote clicker

Unholy Benis of Epic Destruction

Glad I got that one t b h

winrar waiting on delivery

this subreddit has gone to shit.

>Glad I got that one t b h
This means that you failed in your name suggestion, downvote clicker-san

named by r/tf2!

y u do this

GET FOOD, GET LUNCHBOX

how long til chumpy here resets his strange gun name

I'm him and I give him 5 minutes

desu I'm disappointed. back in my day we left those names on the weapons

watching 15 rounds in a row of dust2 is worse than any tf2 match ive ever seen

because you cannot comprehend the game its fine there's tons of games you don't know much about that won't seem interesting without knowledge of the game

Ah yes, holding angles and hitscan-only gameplay where you die in 2 or 3 shots is very hard to comprehend
>rollout isnt even hard
>just have to divide the team in 2 guys for one bombsite and 3 to defend the other
>whoever clicks heads sooner wins the confrontation

oh right I forgot what a fucking game master you are. anyone could boil down games to simplistic terms like that, even tf2.

Do you see literally anyone dumb enough to buy a strange classic you fag?

le ebin memers

Man, I think the game really wants me not to give a shit about it any more.
The last 10 games that I've been put in have been a complete steamroll for the enemy team.
I'm not great, but I usually get in the upper-half of the scoreboard, it just just feels like nothing I do makes a difference.

Forced 50/50 just another great idea taken from overwatch for the mym update

i have a retarded csgo fanboy friend that one time confronted me saying that all i do in tf2 is go from point A to point B
im still not sure of what his point was, think he was just mad that the movement was so fast and didint like it

csgo is shit lol

>wow dude, you still play racing games? you just drive around from point A to point B, what a waste of time
>you still play WoW? you just walk around from point A to ponit B, what a waste of time

>in comp que for 10 mins
DEAD GAME

yeah, but all those game take skill and all CS:GO requires you to do is memorize the maps lol

I think my teacher is a slut, she sent me the ";)" emoji does she want to frag?

>memorize the maps
you literally have a minimap
all you need is click faster than the enemy
comp MM is dead, too many cheaters going havok killed it
go to tf2center

None, any decent player can counter. L2p.

>post mediocre gameplay on the other shitposting shithole
>make it to the front page, several hundreds updoots and dozens of comments

How do you know? Do you lurk there?

>going to leebicmaymayhahadruphhaharebbitandmemeylepoophehepleasehavesexwithmywifeddit

tf2c is shit, i'm not allowed to join a lobby even tho i got 6k hours

Oh boy tip of that hat is coming up again
Time to draw, raffle and shitpost for a couple of days

Is our brown twink tagg actually going to play in toth or just talk? I feel like he's funnier when playing with someone else like b4nny or star_.

are you banned?
go to pugchamp or to a mix group i guess
faceit is as shit as comp MM but at least they got the map and rules right

He'll probably do both, by this point they're running too low on TF2 e-celebs to be picky
There's a picture of Tracer in some of their promo material so if they play OW I'd say star will show up

hour count != skill, i have actually seen a 6k hour player, roamer specifically, who was absolutely terrible in the 6s format, lobbies are way more important as far as gauging skill. ive heard players in mumble chatting after a match that they shamelessly idle because "people don't take you seriously unless you have high hours" like idling actually EARNS them respect, so that is why lobbies are more valuable, its hard to play a lot of lobbies and not learn anything. the only class with an enforced lobby count is medic, its only 25 lobbies, and this is because medic meta is the most different from casual play so therefore the players need lobby experience. anything else is up to the lobby leader which often isn't utilized. as far as pugchamp, it is even harder to get into than tf2center. na.pugchamp is a circlejerk of players who play every night and aren't playing to lose, they aren't going to pick a player with no lobby/pug experience unless you are a medic where they likely don't have a choice (and even then nothing stops them from just fucking closing the game when they don't get choice picks), and you don't want to play medic on pugchamp because if your team fucks up its your fault and they wont hesitate to say it is

how the fuck am i supposed to get lobbies when every lobby has a like a 50 lobby count req

highlander usually doesn't have those restrictions, and classes like roamer or scout usually don't have player restrictions in 6s because their purpose is rather straight forward so play those if you can. you can also ask ingame if lobby leader could remove restrictions on a spot and they might

>when u get pocketed by a girl(female) medic but she doesnt want to requeue with u

They have 2 hours of OW scheduled for each day buy ster isn't scheduled to appear and he likely doesn't want to be associated with an event streaming TF2. Wish they got Saltyphish there, so far he's the only person who made OW fun to watch for me but I've never watched any of his streams so he could be completely boring live.

TF2 is too boring to watch. No amount of prizepool money is going to change that

does anyone play casual my friend doesnt want to play the game anymore

I play casual and none of my friends play tf2
but I'm too autistic to add anyone

wtf I had that name on still, shit
see? I'm autistic

My friends play tf2 but they're 2fort snipers. 2 of them are alright and just fuck around, the other actually takes 2farts sniping seriously and gets upset when he dies or loses.

you already said that a few days ago dude

It's still true.

>when you have low hp and a soldier that went in too deep and left his Pocket Medicâ„¢ is about to die to fire so you steal the bolt the medic shot at him thus killing him

Compared to what? You could apply the same argument to CSGO and DOTA, and those still get regular viewers. Also to that guy asking last thread, i61 got around 2.5k viewers at peak, which is really the best we can hope for with such a tiny part of the playerbase that's interested in competitive. I've seen some complaints about stalemates, but that's why you have casters to fill in the gaps with banter about player history, going over the maps, talking about what each player should probably do in each situation, and so on.

>watermarked
??????

>watermarked
??????

>watermarked
??????

the problem with the stalemates on i61 is that there was nothing either side could do but take unnecessary risks. the attacking side would lose with a heavy, with good positioning, on the enemy team. while the defending side could never attack because they had a heavy which outside positioning is not as powerful. the most effective method to deal with this stale mate is wait for the other team to fuck up which obviously didn't happen, until after 10 minutes where (and this was counted on) inevitably the more impatient player goes sniper, baits med over, beefs all of his shots, and leaves a giant hole in the flank

>watermarked
??????

You're talking about that Lowpander match where they just parked the bus because they were 1 up? Yeah, that was painful to watch, the other team took way too long to decide to go sniper, and then they put a literal potato on the class. That was just one match, though EU TF2 teams do have this problem of doing this even when they don't have a heavy on mid because so many classes in TF2 besides heavy are good at just slowing the game down and holding the point. Blame Kaidus, it's his team's strategy. Up by one? Better not risk it and just park the bus instead. Also note that Lowpander was also the team that managed to stall Granary for like 15+ minutes or whatever by putting a sentry in yard, and the casters didn't really know what to do during that timeframe.

A
LITERAL
POTATO

Yes. If I recall correctly, it was pot8o.

>fix 5cp
>comp becomes watchable
>Major events get hosted
>Worldwide memesport
>tf2 saved
tell me tf2g, what's YOUR 5cp fix?

ur mom gay

5CP is fine as it is, what I'd really like to see is more actually good KOTH maps. I feel like if there were a bigger map selection, people also wouldn't have so many issues with competitive TF2. I don't think 5CP is a bad game mode, it's the best we're going to get. The problem isn't stalemates caused by the game mode, it's stalemates caused by the way classes work in this game.

heavy and sniper cannot be used any longer

remove 5cp add payload

>when you could have capped the point and won the fucking match but the faggot nigger soldier you were healing decide to do a rocket jump in a wall, fall in love with the ground so the enemy team has the time to respawn, push your back to your last and you lose because your two niggergineer were to busy sucking dicks to put a sentry on the point so a fucking soldier backcap it

>6v6 payload
How horrifying.

>play nothing but spy
>even losing is fun
so this is what ive been missing