/mmg/ mega man general

Corrupted Edition
Thread No. 194
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread
>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Rom Hacks
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_hacks (wiki page is a stub. feel free to contribute)

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!

Other urls found in this thread:

mmg.booru.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY
pastebin.com/ZUbk9UPP
youtube.com/watch?v=sbFsKHCoMfE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

forgot to copy the booru
mmg.booru.org/

2nd for doctor feels

3rd for no Lan & Sigma

Sorry, I was asleep at 5 AM.

Don't worry about it, the rest of us should pick up the slack to make a new thread if needed.

4th for the best sigma theme
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY

pastebin.com/ZUbk9UPP

Here's the pastebin template for the rest of you guys in case this ever happens again. All you have to do is change the edition name, thread number and previous thread. Everything else is in there.

DAY-CHAN IS CUTE AND MY LOVE FOR HIM WON'T BE CORRUPTED!

The most stressful recreational activity ever

I tried but my mobile data failed on me.

Well shit! I didn't expect we'd hit the bump limit overnight!

What's a good ressource for info/help/guide on the BN series? Any fan site?

I'm tired of FAQs which either never have the info I'm looking for, or are incomplete, or are outright wrong...

Only Shadow Man left as far as earning v3 Navi chips is concerned... still unsure whether I also need the v2s, missing a couple, because of conflincting FAQs

I love Cross Fusion team interactions.
Anime did a lot of things right.

>MVCI Story is basically Avengers with X having the spotlight

It's really unusual to see X not job to Zero, but it has happened! The story is ok, a few wtfs but it's not a movie.

With Inafune not around anymore, he doesn't have a say in what Capcom does with Zero.

>Bad Boxart Mega Man color for X

I like it

Bad Box Art? I thought that was Tri Thunder.

Jesus Christ

I've got the v3 of all of these:

>ShadowMan
>FreezeMan
>MagnetMan
>QuickMan
>KnightMan
>HeatMan
>ProtoMan
>GateMan
>GutsMan
>ToadMan
>ThunderMan
>SnakeMan

and the door still won't open... The only v2s I'm missing are Quick, Freeze and Shadow... so I guess I have to get those as well?

Seems like it. Happy hunting!

I guess there is no Navi i've overlooked?

So the FAQs mentionning you need the v3 chips are wrong..

I've bought 3 (more) LocEnemy. That shit is expensive but thankfully I've bought every chip for sale in the game at this point so money isn't of much use anymore, except maybe buying plenty of small useless chips to use on the trader maybe... I'm at 206/250

youtube.com/watch?v=sbFsKHCoMfE

IT'S HERE

Daily reminder that MVC:I is the most action us X-fans will see for a while.

There is no hope at TGS

Any attention X and Zero get is good, maybe more people will try X1.

Maybe they'll port MHX to PS4.

Shut up I can dream.

*(PS4 is more likely than switch)

>talking about money

Holy shit. I guess it's worth saving near and resetting to try again here

anyway Quickman v2 down... 2 to go.

Reminder that MMBN2 is the last game where you can game the ranking system to get chips of the code you want.

BN3 later you'll be doing a lot of GMD RNG-ing.

This is pretty good.

>Reminder that MMBN2 is the last game where you can game the ranking system to get chips of the code you want.

I had no idea this was even possible... not like it's easy to "choose" your rank

Not easy necessarily, but if you have a guide, it becomes trivial to get chip codes you need for e.g. a desired strategy chip deck.

Yea triad thunder has green highlights, not yellow. Also a purpler shade of blue

First

For what

Bump Man

I'm really surprised by the amount of love X gets. I thought Capcom wanted us to forget about his series.

This is the best rendition of theme ever.

Weren't AirMan and CutMan from MMBN2?

Yes but I think they only appear after that door, so are not required to open it... i've got everything now, so hopefully the door should open!

They aren't.
AirMan is in Den-1
CutMan is in Yum-2

I still don't get why the had to make Zero say "Zero? No... I am... Oblivion!"

Aren't there better ways to make casuals understand the new character is under mind control?

Part of the whole "Capcom and Marvel are the same universe now", like with the whole AIMbrella/Knowmoon/New Metro City deals.

What happens when capeshit heroes get mind controlled? A silly name like that

Damnit.... really?! I've never ever encountered them as random battle

V2 are in fixed locations, did you battle with them?

Not that I recall

Found CutMan, thanks

Just want to help.
AirMan is located upward-right from Lan's PC

Once I've beaten that stationnary version of CutMan, he appears at random in Yumland 2? I've done like 50 fights without seeing him. Tried jacking out/in as well

This is really calm for what's it's supposed to be. I like it though

you're missing airman, he was the boss in yai's scenario, but at least he'll be easy to punch
airman ga taosen easy as fuck

Thanks! Got them all now.

and yes, getting v2s at this point is harder than v3 against those

>It's really unusual to see X not job to Zero,
it is unsual to see zero not job to X you mean.

>more requested to be part of mvc3 cast than Zero by western fans
>was on the top 3 of polls to be part of the game
>people keep asking for X
>thanks to inafune, Zero keeps getting shoved
>X is just the dlc costume for UMVC3
>back slash
they know people love X alot. the problem was that Zero was forced and Zero got a pretty loud fanbase. Especially when ZX went for the Not-Zero design and still flopped

On one hand, this artist doesn't trace or copy/paste their faces, which surprised me, but...to expend effort on this material is still a very, very questionable venture.

AFTER TWO FUCKING DAYS HOLY SHIT

This is why I don't bother with Battle Network post-games.

I just hope that are enough questionable people buying that questionable venture so that artist can pay for their therapist.

THE YEAR OF AKI IS UPON US

REJOICE MY BRETHREN

What is that

Sure I guess...

i don't even remember cutman existing, what scenario was he the star of in 2?

Bossfight to get Style Change program in YumLand Square.

IT'S A MEDAL

MEDAFIGHTERS READY, ROOOOBAAAATTLE

I'd rather user's mechaverse than Megabots.

It wasn't much of a scenario. It was when Lan sent a letter to Yumland for his summer paper, but when he sent Megaman to Yumland Square, the place had been deserted, since all the Navis were deleted. Cutman was just simply part of a cleanup crew to take out anyone that may have gotten away or arrived later.

Change.bat happened after, and MegaMan had to deal with automated security systems.
At least, I think that's how it went down.

Oh, no wonder I forgot it. Was yumland square one of the BBS hubs?

>Change.bat happened after, and MegaMan had to deal with automated security systems.
Ah, it actually might be that, yes.

Technically, yes, but since the place had been genocided before you even got there, it remained inactive for the entirety of the game.
So technically no.

WTF? There isn't a single PA that can beat this? Does it require Bass?

Wait a second, does the atk+ chips work on PAs? I guess that must be the trick...

I'm out of Unlocker so I can have to go back anyway...

Yeah, they are working.

yyyyyyup

?

X's whole purpose is to make Zero look good every single game. MVCI is the only game where X has everything while Zero has almost nothing.

>Especially when ZX went for the Not-Zero design
I wish ZX had Models X and ZX on the cover. It would also have been cool to do something like only give Model X one charge shot and give it an Overdrive that gives him 2 charge shots. Instead, he was too buffed and you have to beat the game twice to unlock him.

>mechaverse
Bad meme. Megabots master race

Not letting X have the spotlight is what MMX games are all about. This sudden change is going to confuse fans of the series.

X2?

X2 was all about Zero too. He either takes out Black in one hit or only loses because mind-controlled Zero doesn't fight as well as sober Zero.

What's your favorite boss explosion in any MM game? I like the way BattleNetwork's looks, but I think ZXA's is my all time favorite.

I liked the ZX series explosions a lot, but I'm probably just biased.

X1, they just look fucking lit with how the sound effects and tempo work together.

Blue explosions from X2+ were a mistake.

lineart not by me
tried to color this
will probably never finish this

ZX Advent, combined with charged shots leaving holes in their body

That's fine, bias is the whole point of favorites.

You did a nice job!

>Model Advent
What did they meant with this?

thanks, I'm still learning how to actually shade and color stuff
flat colors is the best which I can do at the moment

naisu

pandora's been making pieces of me happy, at this point I'm gonna have to try making an Illusion card of her

Maverick Hunter X?
I mean, Zero still sacrifices himself, but a lot of the game is about X.

Alright, there's one.

>tfw no MMZ5

>Mega Man X
>Not about X

Well there was X2 and X6, and X7 was more about Axl... X8 didn't give all the spotlight to Zero it was more even.

>Mega Man X7
>X is an unlockable character

>X2
>X6
That one is all about Zero's DNA. X is sort of the main character unless you take a wrong turn and unlock the true main character.
>X7
Axl's game and Zero is his partner while X sits back and watches them, fostering his new cuckolding fetish.
>X8
Pretty even, but more geared toward Axl. Plus the Mavericks still wank Zero if you main him.

>keeps fighting X
>keeps getting beated by X
>needs to use plot armor to be relevant
>X is the one who jobs to zero
it is like Char and Amuro. even if char is more popular and have more plot thanks to circlejerk he always job to other vilains and Amuro

Just once, I'd like to actually see Afro-1.