/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/pull/1581
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1555#issuecomment-330947227
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14fCQ3NXIlW1ZC_gjIejpQVPG34fLWmSoXYgSTyxdRWM/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i have been thinking of finally homebrewing my wii-u. dose a Kingston Card Reader USB 3.0 work on a sandisk SD card?

SP must pay for his crimes

>Pray for NO$3DS to ever become a thing
i wish he did no$N64, but I doubt he will. probably not worth his time. would be nice to see him improve no$gba.

>Reply is almost exactly 1 minute later
>Could you make your samefagging about your dumb forced meme more obvious?
Math not even once. There's an 80 second difference between the 2 posts and the same person can't post again until after 90 seconds..

So, I'm trying to play Crash Team Racing on PCSX-Rearmed, but the game just outright stops after the intro, I have the bios in the correct place, it does work with beetle, and on my vita with pcsx-rearmed
What do?

FM Towns Marty emulator when? Also has a single game from that system ever been dumped?

Isn't UNZ what you're looking for?

hello everybody

おはよう

>couple of months ago
>taking some snapshots on RA with custom-tailored motion blur shader
>fast forward to now
>RA de-applies motion blur right as it's taking a snapshot
WTF? I don't remember messing with any settings that could affect snapshots, and I certainly haven't updated anything in the meantime.

>not using RA 1.0.0.2
found your problem

>>RA de-applies motion blur right as it's taking a snapshot
as-in?
Does it simply not apply the filter on your screenshots? if it's just that it's called GPU screenshot or something.
If it does anything else then I dunno.

>beetle PSX is abandoned
>beetle Saturn is abandoned

Which cores AREN'T abandoned at this point? What are they actually working on? What is that patreon money going towards?

God this post triggered me. Okami runs like dogshit on RPCS3 and it runs so fast on PCSX2. Who the fuck cares about those numbers?

Win9X and DOS ports.

PCSX2 has been in development for 13 years. Do you really want to compare progress?

GPU screenshots are enabled, and it captures static shaders just fine, but anything that computes its current frame with previous frames gets de-applied before the screenshot is stored. It's stupid too because it worked properly like a month ago, and I have no idea which setting I must have accidentally changed to cause this.

RPCS3 has been in development for 5 years. Okami ran better 8 years ago on PCSX2 than it runs now on RPCS3. On hardware that's probably 20 times stronger. Stupid post.

And which emulator do you think is going to be better in the long run?

win9x
dos
pretending to be working on ppsspp
normie bounties

>Okami runs like dogshit on RPCS3
No it doesn't

He's mentally ill and trying to stir up shit. Just leave him alone.

Does that matter at this point? It doesn't.

Yes it does, my modernish PC can't even hold full speed. PCSX2 runs it like a dream on toasters from 10 years ago.

Where do I get full rom sets, and I mean FULL rom sets for NES and SNES. Not with half the European and Australian games missing.

github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/pull/1581
>Performance seems massively improved.
funny how this guy blamed the inferior performance of the plugin because it's "accurate", yet now admits that an optimization significantly improved the performance.

I gotta admit though, standard-two-simplex is based :) .

>PCSX2 runs it like a dream on toasters from 10 years ago.
You're just delusional user, even if you can run fullspeed okami on PCSX2 is far from running "like a dream" what with all the constant graphical issues and all.

> my modernish PC can't even hold full speed
AMDfag plz

I have Intel/Nvidia and RPCS3 has far more graphical issues than PCSX2 with Okami.

Fuck you, you're a piece of shit.

>RPCS3 has far more graphical issues than PCSX2 with Okami.
Why don't you show them then?
>inb4 it's vertex cache flickering because that retard is running old drivers

Our boy logan keeps github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/pull/1581

I can't keep up with all these N64 emulators.

>American baseball
Is there some other type of baseball that I'm not aware of?

Baseball metaphors are typically American because other English speaking countries don't give a shit. We don't say retarded stuff like "Got to 3rd base" or "knocked it out of the park."

>more backporting of other people's code
nothing impressive on his part.

Code from whom?

link us some impressive contribution, please

he got it from this guy github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1555#issuecomment-330947227

BASED standard-two-simplex is the one who did the good work.

>backported from pseudo code

You could have linked to the wiki instead and that would have been a better example lmao.

What the hell is this guys beef? This page seems to be dedicated to the belief that PJ64 is some sort of competitor.

Too funny that mupen64 just borrows code from PJ64 developers, and act like the gave birth!

Must be a laBIR+DO developer

So why are the devs so hung up about modified Xbox games if they admit it doesn't make much difference?

Stop being so butthurt.

>What are they actually working on?
Steam backlog.

motionblur-simple shows up fine here, although faintly

Those are not abandoned you fucking retard.

The game boy shader shows blended frames too, especially with the response time turned up

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

>beetle Saturn
>Not abandoned
Sure "user", sure...

One commit a month seems pretty abandoned to me, Daniel.

>core that got CHD support add within the last month
>abandoned

This is how retarded you sound. If this is about the newest update upstream, then it would be nice if there were people other than motherfucking Sqaurepusher who could apply that update but there isn't, so you'll just have to wait for him to get around to it.

Then maybe he should stop buying drugs with the patreon money and do it.

Are you autistic? It's been less than a month since the last commits for one thing.

>calls me "Daniel"

Yep, never mind, you're definitely autistic and paranoid.

I call everyone that defends Retroarch Daniel. There's always a good chance it's him. Anyone got that apartment pic?

CEMU SHOULD BE OPEN SOURCE

So autists can fuck it up and Nintendo can hire shills to sabotage the code?

>colloquialisms that aren't part of my culture are stupid
That's pretty ignorant of you.

...You're mentally disturbed, you need professional help.

Imagine getting this triggered over emulation software.

日本とアメリカでは野球は有名なスポーツです

you absolute IDIOT.
The project maintainer still has TOTAL CONTROL of what code gets pushed through.

Imagine that!
There's literally no reason not to go open source.

>There's literally no reason not to go open source.
not sure if you trolling or just plain delusional.

I'm not at all triggered. You on the other hand have thrown multiple insults at me.

It's just pajeet, just ignore him.
If he gets triggered here, he vandalizes our wiki to "punish" us
He has this very unhealthy obsession with SP and RA.

Cancel your non-existent pledge, then

So I'm a fictional Indian you've invented to rationalize all the hate Retroarch gets? You're really going to pretend it's all one person?

>not at all triggered

Sure. Only triggered enough to actually believe that only one person could possibly disagree with you.

>Which cores AREN'T abandoned at this point? What are they actually working on?
They are giving birth to new cores!

SP is not the one using a VPN to vandalize the wiki pajeet.
We know it is you, now stop it. Your autism was funny for about a week, but now it is just embarrassing.

Fuck kid, obviously I meant in terms of a freeware nintendo meme machine.

No one is making fun of you for spending money on proprietary photoshop its ok

I promise you, I'm not whoever you think I am. Do you have any proof whatsoever that this Indian exists?

>You're really going to pretend it's all one person?

...You were already engaging in that by calling everyone who disagrees with you a specific person.

It's like you don't recognize your own hypocrisy.

Look pajeet we just know it is you. Just knock it off, it is not funny anymore. Develop a new act if you want to entertain us.

>Fuck kid, obviously I meant in terms of a freeware nintendo meme machine.
staying closed source means exzap essentially has full control. If he open sourced it, people could start doing things he would not want. I think i recall him saying an example of not wanting people to cheat online with CEMU.

THen there's also money. Less people would donate if it was open source.

I never claimed that every person who defends Retroarch is literally him. I just call them all Daniel because there's a better than average chance that it IS him.

That's some nice mental gymnastics to try to justify yourself.

What wasThen?
Pajeet just go and stay go.

So you don't have any proof that this person exists?

It does, Voxel is not even a dev, he just help in the compatibility Github.

See
You are right about money though! That's sadly what it always boils down to!

And I still didn't find lots of Dreamcast GDIs because the only Redump on the wiki is missing half of the games

Pretty sure he's Czech, not Indian.

Then you should tell him not to make misleading comments.

You are living proof. Pajeet.
Also do you have any proof of SPs wrongdoing?
Other than shit irc logs.

Go nuts.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14fCQ3NXIlW1ZC_gjIejpQVPG34fLWmSoXYgSTyxdRWM/edit#gid=0

>Your just doing it for money
Why do people think this is a bad thing again?
Do you serve at McDonald's because you are passionate about burgers? No it's just a pay check.

Sometimes paying someone is the only way your gonna get shit done, at least in a timely manner.
My opinion is PCSX2 would be in a better place if it had money fueling it. So CEMU cashing in is going to be better than waiting years for the open source alternative.

Those are all GDIs?

Money would help a new PS2 project with new devs. Nothing is going to salvage PCSX2 at this point. It'd be money down the toilet.

I know, but just ignore him, I'll talk to him later.

I dunno. They're Dreamcast games, aren't they?

Yea you are right about that. Shame if it had some cash fueling it when PCSX2 was first gaining ground perhaps things would have played out a bit better.

I've specified GDIs for a reason. I'm testing Redream, it doesn't support any other format

>Nothing is going to salvage PCSX2 at this point. It'd be money down the toilet.
i think pcsx2 is alright Tbh pham. It just needs to be 64bit for me to be interested in the source.

Well just download a game and try it. Either it'll work or it wont.

PCSX2 did nothing wrong
DeSmuME did nothing wrong

You guys are just shitters that are mad that they are not perfect

Or maybe tell the dev to support other formats.

I did it now, they're CDI.
GDI is the best format around, but yeah, Redream should support CDI as well

Can you not convert them to GDI?

Never tried, this is even possible?

It's probably just one guy.

SOFTWARE ONLY PCSX2 CORE FOR RETROARCH
WHEN
H
E
N

Call me a scrub but is there any way to unlock certain PSN games that are in trial mode on RPCS3?

>wanting more cores