Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳TGS Trailer 9/19: youtube.com/watch?v=xtT5GIViSXo
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter Stories is out now! youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. is out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In World, shoot your flare up while in a quest
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Rathalos, MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jxS_iOp4TGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for El Gigante

second for handler is cute

another capcom uggo

Looks like a boring fight unless it has a gimmick/element we haven't seen but I guess that's true for most flagships.

Handler's weird because she ranges between looking kinda cute and looking like a meth baby

Sexy ass MF brainlet lizard.

World is going to be shit.

When are we getting a MH mechanic where you can capture and sexually dominate the caught monster?

What? It's great we finally get an actual monster without tacked on projectiles or element.

*Worlds

I agree, I initially hated her but now after seeing her more I think she's pretty cute in her own way. Knowing that I can change her annoying voice makes it a lot better too.

You know it

She IS cute. Only animefags who never touched a woman think otherwise.

Man, they managed to make even the desert area look pretty and interesting.

who here cant fucking wait for WORLD???

>short hair
>cute
Nope.

Gigante is unironically prettier

You're supposed to say "Worlds" when you're shitposting "ironically".

A true man of taste

Her hair isn't that short though, it's just wrapped up and kept underneath her helmet/bandana thing

But I'm not shitposting, sadly.

Just looks like a desert from a korean mmo honestly, the areas are the main thing that don't stand out in the game its the monsters that benefit from the better visuals, the human models look like trash though.

YEAH YAH FINALLY A TRUE FUCKING MONSTER HUNTER GAME FOR PC

A fight consisting of just charges, punches, roars and head butts (aka Tigrex) isn't my idea of a great fight.

THEIR KIND HATES ICE AND FIRE BOTH!

What's your idea of a great fight?
Eye melting AoE effects spam?

It regenerates broken parts and gets stronger as the fight goes on.
nigga gets mid-battle zenkai boosts

I disagree, wildspire wastes looks more unique than a generic korean mmo, if only because of the giant anthills that give it a distinct feel, but the swampy area, the flowery area, and the subterranean sand cave all look great in their own right

How shit will its fight be?

I find her eyes fucking creepy.

Monster Hunter™ by Gareth Edwards

Will probably be a QTE

>japanese MHW version screenshot.jpg

What's wrong with her face?

youtu.be/jxS_iOp4TGA

GOJIRA!!!!!!!

Cool, an actual map screen

So, wait, is the giant lava turn a part of the monster? I thought it was just the background.
Why is it carrying it around? How does it even move with it on its back?

guys guys should I preorder World?

He would make a much better spectacle than Paul fucking WS Anderson

>preordering games

It's a verticality rollercoaster ride from the beginning to the end

Looks kind of like, weak, but I reckon they're keeping its cool shit under wraps for now and just wanted to show off how it looks

Fuck. Only 4 areas?

You can get the pre-order/digital deluxe bonus separately as a DLC, can't you?

I think World deserve it.Just this once though

RAAAAAAH I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT, OF ALL THE THINGS IT COULD HAVE BE, IT HAD TO BE A FUCKING LAO SHAN!!!

No idea why they are doing that, no one gives a shit about the visuals, they're just passable at best.

Absolutely not.

>forest
>desert
>coral forest
There's probably gonna be at least two more: volcano and snowy zones.

t. Frontier crybaby

>Passable at best
Come on man, MHW looks very current gen and has some great art direction. They just wanted to show the gigante in the flesh and not just still images, it looks a lot more bestial when it moves than it does in the trailer footage

That doesn't even have the Coral Highlands on it. It's obviously not the full map

Something in between, like Zinogre.

t. Ignorant consumer buying into "hype"

There's only really room for 2 more areas on that map, coral highlands included. That'd be on the top left, and then the volcano map in the middle.

Hub

Just looks like a generic cry engine game, despite that the monster just looks just a normal rig that they use all the time. The visuals are the least impressive thing about this game and it just reminds me of how they always do this shit for MH for some reason.

That map doesn't have Coral Highlands
We're also missing the obligatory Volcano and Ice zones. Plus probably a single room arena or two, like the Summit or Ingle Isle.

hello fellow hunter where I can find the download link for MH Tri? Cant find it anywhere in the pastebin

I mean, if that's your opinion, fine, but I honestly think that MHW looks great and very aesthetically pleasing.

Top right has enough space for a zone too, and I think it was colored white, so it very well might be the tundra zone.

I love how they built the hub town from the remnants of the ships that they used to get to the new continent. Gives it a very like, new frontiers (no pun intended) vibe.

There are ice monsters in Coral Highlands

Wasn't Val Habar's GH inside a boat too?

Have they confirmed if this dude is Ace Cadet yet?

It just looks eh, like MHO. I'm still super bummed that despite this it still only runs 30fps on consoles, I thought it was MT Framework.

Will you protect her smile?

Kind of, it was just a migrating caravan, this time it's literally built from a boat that's not in water anymore

So, is this thing's gimmick growing more spikes??

If there's no triangles all over it, it's not going to be a zone
>4 zones
>25 monsters at best
Just accept it already

Where is this from

Where's this footage from?

No, I will install a mod that will give her a pretty face though, or one that removes the cutscenes from singleplayer.

As was XX's G-rank hall

no i would rather feed her to some beasty monster
that face ewwwww

deffinitely not

Caravan is the Village quests. I'm talking about LR multiplayer hall. It was inside what looked liked a sandboat.

Didn't like it initially, but defintiely liking his look the more I see of him.

Monster Hunter twitter

If I have to decide between saving the palico and her I'm gonna run to that cat like the flash

Feel like getting into XX, is it possible to save transfer my english copy of Generations data to a .cia of XX or do I have to start fresh?

Looks way comfier than the airboat hub.
The absence of catlolis in that hub is a huge plus too.

Yeah I get you, I meant to say sandboat

She's really homely looking and I don't like the forced story we're getting were she's going to be shoved in our faces.
I'll replace her with someone else if I get the option.

Oh, I see it, you're one of THOSE posters. Okay.

>still the best
No matter how hard they try, they won't top her.

If you have cfw then it is possible. Read the guide in the OP.

The sooner you accept it, the less it's going to hurt later.

I always feel like monsters with HANDS are way more menacing than feral ones than can only bite or ram you. Like motherfucking Rajang who can actually PUNCH you.
Nergigante is dangerously close to that territory.

What is on the MC's mind at this moment?

>El Gigante attacks so hard that it destroys its own body but uses that to regenerate and get even stronger
that's metal as fuck

Yep and you have break them before they turn black.

Does mating press count as protecting that smile?

>*Potion walks into the thread*
Ayo wats up niggas?

Protecting this smile.

>She smells.
>Why is everyone here so bad at hunting?
>Partnering up with monsters? Heretics.
>I wish I was in Moga Village with a brown qt.

What sort of mating press we're talkin about here

It seems any parts that get broken, regen and get stronger and covered in white spikes. You then have to keep breaking the spikes to stop it from fully healing that part and getting a attack boost

Is that from the japanese captions?