/utg/ - Undertale General

Lobo Tommy Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita Now!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc
-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPnh9TUEAAb-Mj.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQdhRVVAAASPBm.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKLjlZvUQAAWh53.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKP53LcVAAAKeql.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQhaWIV4AEvfvb.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQHWPxUIAAIqRS.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ8t-LYVYAAlMfP.png:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQ-H9WVYAETSsT.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5lg_EuUYAEE5OI.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPnhemUMAEJ6DQ.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKR1BzdVwAAkjy8.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKRAMVLUEAExhby.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKP2dh4VAAU1TKt.png:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPspmVVYAAflTq.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQvUqiU8AEXv4L.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKIy2trXkAQe6TL.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ8H59EUMAA-7w0.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKO0AHLV4AAHCc4.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQsZNhVwAAC-KY.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKJRKLKWsAE4rfu.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQf0hVVAAUWrPz.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJiVMm9UQAEDKha.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQf0h8VYAA7Glv.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHW7rBxUwAEIAl9.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKSNAylVAAAJaUF.png:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQlLBXV4AA4xW_.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQpRAxUIAAWdx4.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKIHB57VoAAXsFH.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPxNS_UEAAcbZt.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/CyMZKFBUsAAYM22.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKP3mJwUEAA9SHj.jpg:large
ask-the-monster-king.tumblr.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=mqajwnKq1Ts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is Chara trying to hide?

This is a bad OP and you should feel bad

I prefer this thread.

pictures of the goat when he was getting changed

[spoilers]the fact they have an iphone[/spoilers]

Love you lots, /utg/.

>Asgore
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPnh9TUEAAb-Mj.jpg:large
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQdhRVVAAASPBm.jpg:large
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKLjlZvUQAAWh53.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKP53LcVAAAKeql.jpg:large
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQhaWIV4AEvfvb.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQHWPxUIAAIqRS.jpg:large
>Papyrus
>MTT
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ8t-LYVYAAlMfP.png:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQ-H9WVYAETSsT.jpg:large
>Grillby
pbs.twimg.com/media/C5lg_EuUYAEE5OI.jpg:large
>Muffet
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPnhemUMAEJ6DQ.jpg:large
>Burgerpants
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKR1BzdVwAAkjy8.jpg:large
>Shyren
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKRAMVLUEAExhby.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKP2dh4VAAU1TKt.png:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPspmVVYAAflTq.jpg:large
>Chara x Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQvUqiU8AEXv4L.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKIy2trXkAQe6TL.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ8H59EUMAA-7w0.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKO0AHLV4AAHCc4.jpg:large
>fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQsZNhVwAAC-KY.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKJRKLKWsAE4rfu.jpg:large
>Frisk x Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQf0hVVAAUWrPz.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJiVMm9UQAEDKha.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQf0h8VYAA7Glv.jpg:large
>Undyne + Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DHW7rBxUwAEIAl9.jpg:large
>MTT+Alphys
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKSNAylVAAAJaUF.png:large
>MTT + Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQlLBXV4AA4xW_.jpg:large
>Humans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKQpRAxUIAAWdx4.jpg:large
>Humans + Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKIHB57VoAAXsFH.jpg:large
>Group
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKPxNS_UEAAcbZt.jpg:large
pbs.twimg.com/media/CyMZKFBUsAAYM22.jpg:large
>Gasteblaster Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DKP3mJwUEAA9SHj.jpg:large

i wonder if twitter user has time for anything between getting us nice images and posting them super early in literally like every thread

Pfft, no need be so cynical with your all lowercase punctuation-less dryness user.

btfo

I just spent the last 6 hours grinding in Disgaea 4 if that counts

you mistake gratitude for biting maliciousness, young one

as you can see, twitter user accepts his role, and is well appreciated for it

Thanks.

>large
>not orig
Stop making me do work.

i bet twitter user has best gote for husbando like a true patrician

Oh fuck my twitter / tumblr auto resizer script broke. Sorry about that I didn't even notice.

Well, I'd say he really has a lot of time then. But come on, you know that tone makes you seem grumpy.

Thanks Twitteranon!

>Large
Who are you?!

The twitter part of my normal full image resizer userscript broke. I didn't notice until after I posted it. I'm trying to fix it right now

its weird that you think you know who i am, since i almost never post here

could you stop talking at me like im some regular you can pin out? not to call you out and make you look dumb

What do you imagine your favorite sounding like

are those fucking psychopass guns what the fuck crossover

like a boy

The issue has now been fixed and it won't happen again. I'm really sorry about that.
uhh
ask-the-monster-king.tumblr.com/

no one blames you for simple mistakes, thank you for doing what you do

also yeeeee boooooooi

Not sure honestly

I'm 80% sure those are psychopass guns

I always envisioned Chara sounding like my cousin.

Woah, I was just having some fun with like two of your posts ITT. I'm not really sure where you got the idea that I think I know you or that you're a regular, but I'll stop if you want me to.

can confirm

i thought that was the actual name of some user regular that posted here, you guys call them some weird things sometimes

sorry for snapping at you but i sort of just assumed you were making more assumptions from the first one, you know what they say about people who assume haha

what if sans can measure your LV and only activate his powers when it's high enough

Thanks

Then that would BTFO a lot of AUs

this is a good think, i can understand a psychopass AU for the death of a lot of others

You go to your favs house in the Post TP town they built, only to find these guys guarding the place
youtube.com/watch?v=mqajwnKq1Ts

What do?

Helen Mirren

Search your feelings, you know it is true

Expressionist Silent Era and basically anything by Murnau>Wizard of Oz

Stamper.

Your taste....it's.......Shit taste that goes beyond the normal parameters of shit taste. It's defecation levels of shit taste. I've never seen such blatant falsehoods!

Tell me it's Papyrus

it feels like something someone would tack on to sans in an au to help emphasize them going anime hero against demon chara

>Asriel(male)
>Frisk checking their gender

twitter user warn us first this is a christian thread

Alright, so I finally got that pacifist ending. Worth it.

I've been thinking about Cave Story this whole game but the ending also kind of reminded me of Griffon from Dark Chronicle. Anyone else get that vibe?

Also it was nice seeing confirmation of my Sans/Toriel ship.

Wizard of Oz sucks
Faust is much better you pleb

>Also it was nice seeing confirmation of my Sans/Toriel ship.

Boy do I have some bad news for you

wait what

They were holding hands in the ending.

Toby said that Sans is too lazy for relationships so its not actually canon.
Sorry to burst your bubble

You are a heathen with plebeian tastes that go well beyond being simply contrarian! Wizard of Oz is several magnitudes higher than your dullard tastes say. I am sorry you can't see this.

>I've been thinking about Cave Story this whole game but the ending also kind of reminded me of Griffon from Dark Chronicle. Anyone else get that vibe?
A bit, yeah.
You have more luck of that being confirmed on Toby's official Tumblr for Undertale.

people think that just because a male and female character are getting along they are going to fuck,very young people

I'm in my late 30s, but ok.

That's kind of sad

>worse cinematography
>reliance on cheesy dialogue and cartoons
>a "Everything will turn out alright if I want it to!" ending
>sets look like cheep painted wood
>performances vary from enjoyably hammy to dull

Watch more movies

Getting old is sad. It'll happen to you.

Not if I'm determined enough!

Don't sweat it!
Good night, /utg/. Smile for me tomorrow.

ah don't let em bully you. I don't ship it, but it's harmless. Many people here don;t like it because a lot of people who do ship it have been massive historic retards and drama queens, and a shitposter who doesn't play the game pretends to swear by it.

Ship who you want breh

just lol if you're not planning to die young

Well, if it's not really confirmed then I'll just grin and bear it. I must have misunderstood the ending. I like the idea of someone getting out of a bad relationship and starting over, so I thought that's what the story was going for since it seemed to be embracing unconventional kinds of romance stories (like Undyne/Alphys).

no that actually doesn't make a difference, time is an invariable occurrence of causality

ou're right, im sorry, they could get together, but when the game was new it was a massive shitstorm topic, im sorry for jumping to old guns like that

That's cool user, I should realize I'm wandering into a very old conversation with what must be some very old opinions.

yea but its easy to forget this particular gem was once surrounded by a torrent of autism so sharp it cut scars in almost anyone here around the beginning

Shit levels like this should be considered a violation of the Geneva convention. I've already watched many, many movies and I say with 100% truth that it is better than your tastes.

Considering you already expressed disappointment at not being able to kill Asgore and you started talking about Soriel saying it was confirmed, are you really surprised that people took you for a shit poster? I'm still like 65% sure you're just trying to cause a shit storm

like this general used to be MOVING at a pace you could not follow

the wizard of

You are wrong

I'm early 30s, you're not alone.

I never expressed disappointment about Asgore. I still think it's kind of weird that the rest of the characters are kind of shrugging off the fact that he murdered a bunch of kids in cold blood. I was rationalizing that as the explanation for why he was the only person you can't spare (back when I thought that was the case).

I guess a lot of people ITT are really attached to Asgore so they resent people even touching on the topic of his moral character?

You forgot to finish your sentence
Actually I am correct.

you're just in a house of the broken, people are so used to jumping to conclusions they dont even want to do anything else

I bet you haven't even seen any Griffith outside of Birth of a Nation at best

Lots of people have been lurking in this thread since the game came out, I take it?

there's a lot of pathos to asgore's predicament that just gets kind of shrugged off because he's limited to about fifteen minutes of playtime, tops

meanwhile toriel is treated like a moral arbiter by the game despite her own questionable life choices facilitating those kids' deaths as well, so it does rankle a bit

the entire Dreemurr family is all kinds of messed up, really

>I guess a lot of people ITT are really attached to Asgore so they resent people even touching on the topic of his moral character?
No its fine not to like him but in the old days it amounted to people talking about how he should have been murdered and drawing a lot of really nasty fanart of the Soriel ship that would involve Sans and Toriel shitting on him and saying all sort of things like that he was a creepy pathetic stalker, that he had abused Toriel and Asriel and that every character hated his guts and fans of that ship would even go around and tell people to leave him out of group pictures.

For a lot of people there is still some resentment towards that attitude. its one of the big reasons the ship isn't popular here among other stuff like people waifuing Sans and Toriel themselves.

Some even before, during the demo days.

you're figuring things out, most of the people here now? they were here early when the affect of the fandom was strongest

Did I miss something about Toriel? She seemed intent on protecting me from Asgore. Is there an indication she was different with the rest of the kids?

I see what you mean. That attitude definitely contradicts the implied attitude we're supposed to have at the ending of the game. And yet I still see it as kind of a plot convenience that he was just given a pass like that, to be honest. Other than Toriel not wanting to reconcile with him romantically, he doesn't seem to have had any consequences for his actions. The only reason it really bothers me is because this game is really well-written outside of this one bit, so I find it hard to just hand-wave off. And before you accuse me of getting too emotionally invested in these characters which are fictional, well, that was the point of the game, after all, wasn't it?

Wrong.

I bet you even think Paul Thomas Anderson is a good or even okay director!

>Did I miss something about Toriel? She seemed intent on protecting me from Asgore. Is there an indication she was different with the rest of the kids?
No, you didn't miss anything. Some Anons just like to put the blame on her as well with no basis as to the nature of how the kids left the ruins.

no ones going to accuse you of that, but the kmonsters aren't humans are they, they are their own type of creature, and thus not bound to the same laws of humanity, now i know this argument isnt completely sound because monsters are portrays as compassionate and caring, but even so, he was killing them to free his species which he was leader of, and technically a quasi-immortal, it was a lot to live up to and many worse deeds have been done by kings in real life

>Did I miss something about Toriel?
Just random conjecture. It's harmless banter for the most part until people start shitting on each other.

Yeah. Stamper has a goofy, flamboyant flair that I think fits him.

the usual argument is that toriel's isolationism and refusal to let the kids leave placed them in an untenable situation, where their only choices were to spend a lifetime sharing that isolation or to step outside and either face inevitable death or kill her husband

whereas the situation may have been defused if she'd actually ventured out with one of them

her pride and disgust with her husband's cowardice is understandable but after the third or fourth kid leaves and never comes back you'd think she would have started to consider alternate solutions beyond trying to detain the last fallen human by force

That's just insulting dude.

>he doesn't seem to have had any consequences for his actions
He doesn't really get shit on at the end but there's a lot of evidence that hes pretty much destroyed himself mentally and hes a suicidal wreak. Stuff like his diary being the same thing over and over and how he'll straight up smile when you kill him and how he'll even kill himself in some endings to save Frisk and help his people. Asgore is a very messed up individual that has pretty much devoted his life for the last couple of decades on keeping his people alive and giving them the hope they need to not just all lay down and die, which according to a few monsters you talk to like Burgerpants, Bratty and Katty and the monsters in Snowdin is a very serious issue. He didn't want to actually start the war and commit genocide but he also wasn't willing to destroy the only source of hope for a better future that his race had. Its very easy to sympathize with Asgore and is annoying when people just ruin all that in order to make him some shitty ex that only exists to be shit on.
> She seemed intent on protecting me from Asgore
Some people don't like that she completely ditches you and actually tells you not to come back when you stop wanting to play house with her. Keep in mind Frisk is like 8 and shes effectively letting you go kill yourself because you told her you wanted to. Now apply that to every other child that passed through her house and how easy it was for her to actually stop Asgore when she stopped hiding and actually talked to him and its easy to paint Toriel as someone that cared more about herself and her own personal feelings over the lives of actual children. remember that the other humans weren't lucky enough to have mommy come save them. That leads to a lot of people not liking that Toriel was never called out on any of this

Asriel smells like sewage.

I bet you enjoy the films of Quentin Tarantella!

So bathe him.

I didn't know sewage smelt like violets.

>implying a relationship has to involve sex
very young people

>whereas the situation may have been defused if she'd actually ventured out with one of them

See I thought the fact that she was kind of oblivious to how boring the life at home was kind of absolved her of that. So it wasn't that she was evil, just that she was naive. Her efforts seemed genuine enough.

>Some people don't like that she completely ditches you and actually tells you not to come back when you stop wanting to play house with her.

Again, I don't really get that. She tried to stop me through force before finally allowing me to leave when she realized it was hopeless to stop me. I still think she was genuine in her intentions.

Also he has fleas

Home again.

Art thou ready for some Quality Lore and deep contemplation?

what you think a monogamous platonic relationship is okay for a quasi-immortal? okay sure, isolation with a depressed bonefriend

also this is a good example for new guy, some posters like to get easy attention by saying bad things about popular characters

>before finally allowing me to leave when she realized it was hopeless to stop me
Frisk is a actual child. She let a child go out alone knowing that they were almost for sure going to die. She even tells you straight up not to come back if you change your mind because it would be too hard for her. She quite literally puts her own feelings before Frisk's and the other childrens life.

I missed you, oh enlightened user of mine