anime is still garbage

is this illegal

firsties

what's the tech behind this many grasses

is WHAT illegal????

idk i just used whats built into unity

Looks like he's hiding in the grass peeping in that window
Fucking pervert

Yes. You are hereby sentenced to five years in video game jail.

This is now an AGDG thread

I got to the point where my game is playable but seriously heavily unfinished and yet I keep playing it instead of making progress on it.

that many grass

i c u ; )

Would it be too much to have to manage 4 resource bars? I know people are generally pretty comfortable with 3 (hp, mp, stamina or whatever)

Make YOUR game for YOU or you're going to fail.

What are your resources?

I'm pretty sure I've played a korean mmo with four resource bars. I remember there being a blue one a yellow one and a green one all for different categories of skills.

Well at least you know your game is fun.

I'm kinda busy with real life shit, not much time for game.

gameplay loop implemented - waves with increasing larger groups spawning at faster rates

shit gets intense

I added poles for climbing but the animation is jerky and the dumb magnet head clips through it. Made shiny red coins but they don't do anything special yet. Also made some pond skaters but their feet aren't animated and it looks goofy. Still adding random stuff pretty much.

Not necessarily - the feeling of simply moving a sufficiently juicy avatar, plus that fact that YOU MADE THIS, can be enough to keep you occupied, but most players would drop it in minutes.

Who are you playing with?
Is he cute?

That image confuse

Idea guy here:
Puppers piloting mecha in 3D.

Are there any free animals animations available anywhere? There are tons of free humanoid mocaps and animations, but none for animals or other sorts of creatures

wage war against the anime

a friend of mine

yes

no
t. him

I just woke up but i'm tired. it's 10 pm.

How do I create fun?

this looks hilarious in a good way

>depicting harm to children in a video game
lol, enjoy your lawsuit and jail time

I just posted anime. You lost the war.

Why i read this question before like 9 times already

I saw your previous webms and I'm so happy you're moving forward with this. I showed my friend, we had a sensible chuckle

What makes a good FPS map? I don't wanna copy classic FPS maps, but understand what made them good.

Kidnapp bird and shove into mocap suit

i think developers tip toe to much today. you would be surprised what people are willing to manage.

Look at that picture, he is both lie down and stands up at same time

with the way the magnet moves around, I imagine clipping will always be an issue. Really cool mechanics though, pretty interesting. Lots of possibilities. Any thoughts about how you'd like the magnet to work into gameplay, or be upgraded, or etc? First I've seen of this but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

You're going to make it

Memorable moments, like shooting the guy on the toilet in Goldeneye 007.

Depends on the type of gameplay you're doing.
Don't pull a CoD and just put shit in there because it looks nice.
Some verticality is important. Give the players vantage points and multiple options of reaching them.

Are classic FPS maps even good? I literally couldn't describe anything but the first few and the final level of Doom or Doom 2.

How are you supposed to accurately depict the head and tail movement

there's just something about mocap suits
that make you look so professional
even if you are dog

wow hit man was fun, they kinda screwed the pooch with the sequels though. But sneaking up behind people and piano wiring them.

Can your game compete?

Also tease the player with places that they may return to later in the level, such as suspended catwalks that they can't reach or an area across a chasm. And, of course, reward vigilant players with secrets (but don't turn secrets into obsessive compulsive wall hugging).

here's an old version of shooting

Why are the bullet trails faster than the bullets?

depends on your goals but this kind of thing. Unexpected detail, detail not immediately (or at all) relevant, detail that builds the world, ...

Also for the action side of things, you should play through doom2 and quake. Some of the memorable moments revolve around the player finding themselves in a trap and having limited resources.

why is this the thing you people notice

let me cut her head off after gaining her trust and i will buy your game

Bullet trails travel at the speed of light
Obviously bullets would be much slower
This is basic physics, user

They add those when they are about to record

Your bullet trails seem faster than the bullets

Mordred is the only good Saiba

Thanks

I'm surprised a bit myself. First time I've ever gotten netcode to work at all

We're both gonna make it

Because it's extremely obvious, especially considering the webm is showing off the shooting?

NO BDSM DOGGO!

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Ctesiphon
Dev: Stomy
Tools: C++/OpenGL, Blender, Krita
Web: stomygame.tumblr.com
Progress:
+ The C++ rewrite continues
+ Death menu pops up properly again
+ Item system reimplemented
+ Tried making some of my own music, I think it's passable

>her
Thats a VR game, Those are two guys erping
Also not anons game if it wasnt obvious

What about tongue physics

it's meant to look like uncharted shooting where sometimes smoke trails are fired and sometimes bullets are

You just add ragdoll physics to the tongue bone when doing any action, and animate with a simple tween animation it when idle.

>C++ rewrite
Absolute madman, but I'm sure you saw this coming a long way off.

I messed around with a little platforming but nothing too fancy. I noticed vertical platforming is more interesting but awkward because of the camera. If I could make the platforms project really sharp shadows that might work.

At first I thought it was a reversal of the usual, fast smoke and slow bullets. Just say that and come up with some cool lore about it and perhaps find a way to have an analogous effect with another part of the game.

>Memorable moments
>tease the player
>player finding themselves in a trap and having limited resources
Yeah, that pretty much describes why Quake and Doom was exciting. This also means a lot of scripted events. The hard part is drawing a layout which works like that, without being too easy or too confusing.

Any thought to "puzzles" (not exactly the right word, challenging/varying platform mechanics) involving materials that are non-magnetic?

I did. I was hoping I could do the rewrite after release for my next project, but then I hit a problem with Bullet3D that I couldn't easily fix within Libgdx. So I used that as my excuse.

Just based off that webm, you need to make that ceiling non-magnetic

How far along are you with your rewrite right now?

>Always changing floor height when I wanted to change floor textures.
>Using special border textures between different wall segments and doorways.
>Being strict about texture alignment.
>Conscious use of contrast everywhere in a level between light and dark areas, cramped and open areas.
>Making sure that if a player could see outside that they should be able to somehow get there.
>Being strict about designing several secret areas on every level.
>Making my levels flow so the player will revisit areas several times so they will better understand the 3D space of the level.
>Creating easily recognizable landmarks in several places for easier navigation.

I gotta say, I think your core concept is flawed
the entirety of the gameplay would involve looking up at the ceiling searching for usable surfaces
which would just be a terrible experience

Still about 70%. I've done asset loading, sound, input, menus, world rendering, collision detection, and multithreaded loading. I still have to port the enemy AI, the weapons, the particle system, update the Windows platform layer, and amend my made up model format with animation support, which is probably the hardest part as that's the only "new" thing.

I got sidetracked the last couple of weeks doing some modding for a minetest server so I'm running a little behind, but I will be done in time for the next demo day, hopefully with a further redesigned first level and a new enemy.

How's your game going /agdg/?

You HAVE made an LLC for your game already, yes?

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Vampire's Bit
Dev: VampireDev
Tools: Game Maker, Photoshop
Web: vampiredev.tumblr.com ยท twitter.com/jcsvampire
Progress:
+ Cleaning code and fixing bugs
+ I finally know how I want some of the new animations to look
+ Started designing more levels
- Nothing new to show this week
- Got invited to take part on a collab project, so I'll splitting my time with that

you flip a coin

I sensibly chuckled

There are other helmets, the magnet thing isn't a large part of the game.

>done in time for the next demo day
Looking forward to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=SMaVz2S_Cws

>a virtual game where you can pat the head of a cute loli
That is freaking adorable.

gave me asmr

I think lewd things happened as well

That doesn't make sense.

>those two sub-zeros running together at the background
my fucking sides, tell me there is a download for this

>amend my made up model format with animation support
If you can render animations you can store them. You should be able to map from the file straight to VRAM, and have an offline tool powered by Assimp or something to get from your modelling software to your engine.

it's like a chuckle but not getting too crazy

I'm working on a sim game where you have spies that you send out on missions. This kind user pointed me in the right direction on how to define them, but now I'm curious on how I'd actually "run" them? Should each mission definition hold a packet of information about any operatives currently attempting the mission and any other details (time keeping) or maybe vice versa, the agent holds onto a secondary class like RunningMission with all of the bookkeeping info and then a reference to the hard defined Mission itself? Another idea would be cloning the mission when you start it and keeping a local, non-"database" copy.

Ideas?

>amend my made up model format with animation support
why do you have your own model format

What is this Second Life VR?

why is unitychan a cockblock?

>not creating your own 3d modelling software and proprietary file format
How can you even call your art your own?

>no furries
>no one fucking in the middle of the room
I think you can answer that yourself

BANNED IN GERMANY [violence 2 kids]
BANNED IN AUSTRALIA [violence 2 kids]
BANNED IN CHINA [skeletons]