You have 30 seconds to be as middleclass as possible

You have 30 seconds to be as middleclass as possible
I'll start
>the home I live in my best investment

I sure am glad I maxed out my 401k every year by working for 30 years at the same company. Ive got a nice little nest egg built up for retirement

Really glad I played it safe and can die in mediocrity.

>What college will I go to?

I can't wait to get my tax return back, going to get something nice with it.

Sounds like hell.

Really glad to be running a company since coming out of college. My ego wouldn't tolerate a wage-slave lifestyle.

> being loyal to my company will surely pay off in the long run

What are people supposed to do? Gamble it on cryptos?

Stop being pussies and start a business.

glad I got my cost of living adjustment raise this year of 2.5%. better than nothing, right?

I work hard at my job, I deserve a new car!

Captcha was cars

I have a white collar job.

>Take a look at my brand new car.

Time to move to the suburbs!

>every single person ever start a business

Biggest fucking meme on this board.

Instead of doing my 40hrs at my cush as fuck job with great benefits and match I'll just start a business and work 80hrs a week!

Get a fucking grip.

>It's not just that we think the tiles in the bathroom look a little grim. We're thinking about the resale value, and the wife says Peach is very in now.

>We decided to take an extra week off work, since the company is paying for the flight to London.

Going to college, time to choose a degree. Hmmm I have a niche fetish for Russian literature, so I'll major in that. O what the hell, might as well become even more "educated" and get a masters in Russian poetry translation. Now let me complain to my class that I am 6 figures in debt. (This is a real story).

Take an appartment. Rent vs buy.
Mortgage on 15 years, rent is now a monthly payment, same amount, including interest.
Repay in full, assume you sell it for the same value.
On a monthly basis, you have been spending the same amount of money, but you now have the value of the appartment (minus15 years of maintenance and property/sale tax) instead of nothing if you had been renting all that time.
The investments you make after paying rent would be exactly the same after paying mortgage.
Rough 5-6% gross return PA. Not the best most juicy investment ever, but a pretty solid balancing of your other more risky portfolios.

I'm not going to help my kids out with money, it's important they start from zero, they can inherit my funds when they are 50 and Too old to start anything. With it.
>I do my own car repairs on the weekend to save money, right after I'm done mowing the lawn, and repairing the sink, oops looks like the weekend is gone again, at least I don't live in the city,
You are forgetting the 20,000 roof replacement, every 20~ years
The 15-30,000 pipes replacement, new paint jobs every 5 years, etc. and if the house does go up on value, when you sell it all you can do is to move somewhere else the same size and pay closing costs. Not saying not to buy va rent, but it's hardly an investment in the wealth sense.

I just added another lease to the family for my daughter. Its ok because its cheaper than financing it.

the difference is if you play your cards right after a couple years you can hire other cucks to do the parts you don't like doing and barely work at all.

The guy at my local bank, Danny, gives great financial advice. I've known him since high school. Smart guy.

My brand new Toyota Hilux(tm) will only cost me $125 a week from my paycheck for the next 15 years!

in Toronto, house prices have gone up from ~300 000 about ten years ago to about 700 000 today

You still havn't made any gains, as far as the house you live in, all you can do is sale your house and buy another one the size size, because all the houses have gone up in price. Inflation doesn't make you rich, creating wealth makes you rich. Of course you could move to bumfuck with the profit, but if you could afford to buy in Toronto, you could have done that in the first place.

user
"Appartment", as in "not a house".
Maintenance costs are preset as monthly fees, so you can budget them before buying.
As long as your monthly average cost (mortgage+maintenance+property taxes) is lower or equal to rent+1/12 of 6% property value, you're losing money by renting, money that could be invested in other things than property/real estate.

I buy a lotto ticket every week because I'm sure to win eventually.

holy shit dude just sell guns(legally after you go through the hoops of course)

easiest fucking business in the goddamned world

Money talks, and my money tells me to spend it.

>I bought a BMW at the highest interest rate. That way I only spend about $60 a month, but everyone thinks I'm super rich!
>10 years later
>still paying off the BMW
>still oblivious that they're paying an extra 20k in interest
>A-at least I look rich!

There's one thing worse than middle class people who snap and buy shiny shit to satisfy their egos - rich people who already have a satisfied ego and have managed to not revert to that so far, but snap and do so anyway

take it from a bona fide dealer - hell no it isn't.

There was a little cash in the election craze, but it's all downhill now.

I am not a nigger.

Winrar

I live an hour from toronto and all the people leaving there because of the housing market and coming here is ruining this city.

I index funds

Be my neighbor
>work ass off building pump and plumbing business
>Have multiple rental houses
>build and race awesome hot rods for fun
>die in ATV accident in the mountains

Be the first guy I ever worked for
>has successful mobile home dealership
>Decent car, nice gun collection
>Killed in freak traffic accident

>Going to the beach is the best vacation

Be my dad's friend
>Engineer for HP
>several patents, decent house and toys
>Invites me on rafting trip, I say no thanks
>Go to his house the next day
>Wife comes out and says,"He drowned on the rafting trip along with another HP employee, haven't you watched the news, user?"

M-Muh 401K mufugga

Muh vacation time

Better than die in a prius accident

>I should leave my stable 70k 45hr/wk job so i can start a business and make 50k/yr working 95 hr/wk while losing hair from knowing one wrong move can send it all under
>at least im not a wagie :^)

that fruit is expensive

Be son of hot-rod building neighbor that died
>survived two fucked up tours in Iraq as guardsman
>finally semi-retired, pays cash for small farm
>Have a bit too much to drink with buddies, dies from slamming motorcycle into a pole

These are all true stories sadly.

poors just don't get it
maxing a 401k isnt to retire on
its to shelter money because you make too much and you weren't going to do anything with it except buy more securities to hold long term
you can save up for a side hustle or transition to a business while still maxing a 401k because the limit isnt that high and you were going to lose a shitton of that money to taxes anyway

>My degree will ensure I have a high paying job for life
>Technology will never replace my job
>Just be confident bro

>muh 2017 crossover suv

Its not easy. My bosses seemed genuinly conscerned when i called to cancel my 401k.

Until i explained to them i would die rich or working for them.

Invest it at sky high better returns.

401k. Lmfao

>but i shitpost 50 hours a week from my comfy cuckshed at work.

Still making my boss rich as a wageslave. It aint for everyone wirking 80 hoirs a week. Or more.... but i have a failed business amd would rather do it 1000 times before 1 takes than wagecuck and die.

U just greentexted my life...

Now greentest a noose pls

Meh, its how i want to do...

Guardian angle looking out for u brother...

THIS so much
Starting a business to feel in control or because you have insecurities is one of the greatest mistakes.

Being a wageslave has so much advantages over entrepreneurship it is almost insane, and don't start about the money meme, amongst successful businesses not many make crazy bucks.

TL;DR: Starting a business to get rich and not be a wageslave is like getting married to get sex.

Use your fucking brain.

I know that feel. ;(

Kek. You are the people i will hire from my boat...

more like 1,5OO,OOO.oo for a single family detached house. that $700k figure includes condos, of which there are many.

A guy in my office is pulling 3500/month from military retirement. He is probably pulling in another $120k/yr on salary. He is eligible for retirement with annuity. Yet he keeps working. He is in his 60s. And he cannot pay off his credit card(s).

Doesn't sound to bad at all.

Breh if you had unlimited credit, were 60 years old, and from the sounds of things already fucked up the idea of leaving a big inheritance behind for your kids (not like he's going to save and get big compound interest right now or anything)... would you even bother paying off your CC?

god this triggers me

im always telling my brother to stop playing the fucking scratchies

he never listens

"bro I hit $5000 prize once"

just s t o p
youve spent way fucking more than 5000 on scratch tickets since then idiot

Hamilton?

>tfw buy state lottery every week
Just a dollar to dream

thats exceptional not mediocrity

> Toyota Hilux

Let's keep it first world here, Pajeet.

well, he sounded like a good guy

that is a huge raise for cost of living. mine is 1%

Except if you did that you could retire at 65 with 3-4 million

This.

Don't be a dick, don't fuck people over. But don't stick around somewhere out of sentiment if there's better opportunities out there

depends on where you live really.

Some places the cost of living goes up 3% every year

city cockroach

For 700,000 you can buy an incredibly nice gigantic home in many areas that aren't soul-crushing hypercities, and also not bumfuck nowhere.

Keep telling yourself that.

"He's got hiiiiiiigh hopes!"

Look I'm not shitting on business owners, but it's not for everyone and it's not for me. I prefer having skills and plenty of money in the bank that if I were to ever want to leave my job due to conflict or layoff I can just say "fuck off" and dick around out of country while I find a job.

That's freedom to me. I understand most people live paycheck to paycheck so that's not feasible but for me it is and it's great.

Oh... sigh... Well... thank you. We like this house, of course, but, quite frankly... it's a little much. We always said we would never spend this much. But you know... Little Sally is about to start school and we really needed this school district. There were other options too, of course, but once we considered Tom's commute, we almost had no choice. However... with the new developments down there past Smith Street, property values are on the rise here. That's the ONLY way we could justify it to ourselves. Really, it's an investment more than anything else. Although... we do feel a little ridiculous. sigh...