/utg/ - Undertale General

Royal Gay Edition

Previous Timeline:

Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRTjaoVAAElFL7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRvLNvUQAAJXrP.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQ_YKrUEAAghdO.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRadJGUEAAQnuK.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRU8T1UQAYiyyg.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSyD1GU8AAFFTn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQvv7lVwAA0PKH.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMR7WZEUEAMZThl.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSvVYBUMAUs1NA.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOMDxoUMAA2sbW.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQggwTVAAAX6mF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMM0t6pVwAE3DDd.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRhe71VoAAXYSV.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSGwyCVwAELVnK.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRXlZxUIAA0dTt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRGh8nUMAAM7G_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DML0b5dV4AE9A_X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DML_i-GUQAUrkFe.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSWLzcVoAAy4Lm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMMHefEUEAEF4Ct.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRN4XQVAAAH0Ll.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ7ffNAVAAElkAo.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQQ2RrVoAEH4cm.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRnmDBUEAADRUQ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRCQIqV4AAF-bN.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQ0qIPVQAAUMwQ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DML4se7UEAA9BqC.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMLJChoUEAAz6Ow.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMMZ0QbVQAEpRtd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMBn8zBUEAEUlk7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQteArUIAISnz0.png:orig
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DMLePDNV4AIIyZn.mp4
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMMB2qeVAAEHGxJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMHprFrWAAIF2Lj.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMP8oLoUEAAtB_X.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJia2VxVoAERJdR.jpg:orig
pastebin.com/BkQdCqkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have mixed feelings about Toriel. I want to like her, I really do, but she seems completely incapable of showing any sympathy or forgiveness for others, particularly her own family.

Asgore never killed anyone directly, only collected their souls after they died. Asriel reset things back to normal by the time Frisk came around, effectively canceling things out. So what's her fucking problem?

>she seems completely incapable of showing any sympathy or forgiveness for others, particularly her own family.
Asgore murdered children.

Not only that, he's the kind of fucked-up asshole who compares murdering children to a dentist appointment.

>Asgore murdered children.
Not really. Frisk is the only one to reach Asgore himself and fight him.

>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRTjaoVAAElFL7.jpg:orig
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRvLNvUQAAJXrP.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQ_YKrUEAAghdO.png:orig
>Chara
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRadJGUEAAQnuK.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRU8T1UQAYiyyg.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSyD1GU8AAFFTn.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQvv7lVwAA0PKH.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMR7WZEUEAMZThl.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSvVYBUMAUs1NA.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOMDxoUMAA2sbW.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQggwTVAAAX6mF.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMM0t6pVwAE3DDd.png:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRhe71VoAAXYSV.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSGwyCVwAELVnK.png:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRXlZxUIAA0dTt.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRGh8nUMAAM7G_.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DML0b5dV4AE9A_X.jpg:orig
>Alphys
pbs.twimg.com/media/DML_i-GUQAUrkFe.jpg:orig
>MTT
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMSWLzcVoAAy4Lm.jpg:orig
>Skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMMHefEUEAEF4Ct.jpg:orig
>Chara + Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRN4XQVAAAH0Ll.jpg:orig
>Chara + Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJ7ffNAVAAElkAo.jpg:orig
>Alphys + Snowdrakes mom
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQQ2RrVoAEH4cm.jpg:orig
>Fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRnmDBUEAADRUQ.jpg:orig
>Chara killing Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMRCQIqV4AAF-bN.jpg:orig
>Dog Shrine
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQ0qIPVQAAUMwQ.jpg:orig
I don't hate Toriel but imo shes the weakest of the core cast and the one I like the least. Also even if Asgore didn't directly kill the humans, he still ordered their death and is just as responsible, I say this as a dadfag
I think you missed the entire point of that dentist thing and probably Asgore's character in general if that was the impression you were left with

this is over the top 80s ridiculous but i thought id share for the rare botfags. i wish i could figure out how to make him less snarly

any evidence to back up this claim?

addendum: To say Asgore isn't responsible for any children he didn't kill himself is like saying Flowey never killed anyone because he reset things.
Its a child's understanding of responsibility.

Toriel, as the queen, is not going to accept the idea that the king isn't responsible for child murder just because it was his POLICY, and not his hands, that killed them.

He killed them user, Please play the game.

Allow me to amend your ship

Don't engage. it's the same two people who think they're funny

cute, thanks

>weakest of the core cast
>Not Napstablook or Mettaton
Come on now.

Did Toby delete those tweets about the difference between past or to or are they still canon?

I reeeally wonder why he waits for you to finish.

Toriel's idea of policy is hardly any better from a moral standpoint. She'd rather kill one child and then kill six other people on the surface simply because she's impatient.

Anyway, she's a shitty character who hates her husband over petty bullshit. You're still gonna need seven souls no matter how you do it.

>I think you missed the entire point of that dentist thing
I understood it just fine. And after some time thinking, "Boy, he sure is contrite about this child murder he's about to commit", it suddenly dawned on me that the "Dentist appointment" comparison was more for Asgore's benefit than for the child's.

Its how he wraps his head around his crimes, and its fucked up.

Alphys is cute! CUTE!!!

>kill one child and then kill six other people on the surface
Who the hell ever said you had to kill a human to use their soul?

Just collect the souls of people who were already dying, then release them after a day rather than trapping them for years and years.

Asgore betrayed both her and himself, and she's had a long time to stew in her own misery.

No she said in game that Asgore should've killed one and then go on a rampage

She sure is

Addendum: How to tell someone is up to their armpits in fandom bullshit:

moral opposition to child murder is just "petty bullshit" next to the overwhelming urge to ship.

and because I wasted some time talking
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DML4se7UEAA9BqC.png:orig (lewd)
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMLJChoUEAAz6Ow.jpg:orig
>Sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMMZ0QbVQAEpRtd.jpg:orig
>Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMBn8zBUEAEUlk7.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMQteArUIAISnz0.png:orig
>MTT
video.twimg.com/tweet_video/DMLePDNV4AIIyZn.mp4
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMMB2qeVAAEHGxJ.jpg:orig
>Fishlizard
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMHprFrWAAIF2Lj.jpg:orig
>skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/DMP8oLoUEAAtB_X.jpg:orig
>Papyrus + Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DJia2VxVoAERJdR.jpg:orig
I'm just giving my two cents,if it gets dumb i'll jump from the conversation

I don't actually consider Napstablook part of the core cast and I think MTT got more development throughout the various endings and even in their fight where they realize that they care about monsters enough to want to stay.
It was for you both. It was suppose to be something that you didn't want to do but knew you had to.

He was saying that he wished we didn't have to fight to the death but that there was no way for Frisk to get free without Frisk killing Asgore and no way for Asgore to free his people without killing Frisk. Of course Frisk tries to prove him wrong during the neutral fight, although in the regardless Asgore is either killed or choose to die to save Frisk

But that doesn't mean she didn't make her own mistakes
Sure Asgore pulled a retard with the whole declaration and broke tori's heart, but she also let her emotions override her brain as well, since she knows that Asgore is bad at making decisions and didn't try to help him in his time of need

Both of them made their own mistakes, though Asgore's are much much worse but Toriel could've prevented them.

Fuck you, it makes them all the better to ship!

That would take the same amount of time, if not longer, than Asgore's policy. Which was one of the things Toriel was bitching about in the first place.

Anyway, her "better" plan still involved child murder and the murder of countless innocent lives, if you actually played the game. Toriel is a badly written (or intentionally virtue-signalling) character and that's all there is to it.

>That would take the same amount of time, if not longer, than Asgore's policy
Right. Because human's aren't dying constantly.

>GetALoadOfThisGuyCam.jpg

And how many are falling into the underground? The ones that did were all kids, so that'd be a long wait. Also, good job ignoring the second half of the post.

Here you go user
Also what the fuck do you think people would think of the almost complete embodiment of Satan came into the city asking for souls.

Eh. People are throwing the same, tired, exaggerated rhetoric around as they always do. At this point, I think it's just the same 2 or 3 people. Prose starts to become evident after a while, and it's like a broken record at this point. The words "murder" and "morals" and "unforgivable" and (X)fags" start getting thrown around, coupled with some all-or-nothings and No-True-Scotsman and it comes to a point where it's as obvious as a fresh human turd in the middle of the living room.

Literally none of its is worth your time. I like a good discussion, but none of these three people discuss anything

That's kind of ignoring the other half of the problem, namely whether the soul would even allow itself to be used for such and not just rebel or present control issues.

The issue is that Toriel's plan would have forced the war because Asgore would have to go up and murder six people right away

Unless you actually think people would willingly give up a bunch of human souls to a weird satanic goat monster..

Asgore's plan took forever but honestly it was the best because it allowed everything to work out. Not that that's what he intended, although he did attempt to break the barrier earlier by having Alphys trying to use monster souls. If her plan had worked then they could have broken the barrier and there would be no way that the monsters could go to war because the souls would be gone. Actually funny enough, Alphys plan literally does work and goes off almost flawlessly aside from the whole Asriel thing

>Of course Frisk tries to prove him wrong during the neutral fight
He also can outright tell Asgore that he doesn't want to fight and and Asgore ignores him.

I'm sorry, but the idea that the battle is inevitable for BOTH parties is a load of bullshit when Asgore destroyed the mercy button.

Feel free to leave or make a filter.

She didn't say "Go on a rampage" she just said "Get six other souls". Asgore could have just gone to an elder home or a fucking hospital and gotten the souls.

>literal giant goat monster
>going into a city and asking for souls/dead people

You're missing the point

Asgore BELIEVES that the battle has to happen because he has no choice to try and kill Frisk for his people. He also KNOWS that the only way for Frisk to leave is to kill him. He firmly believes that the fight has to happen, and he's right.

see

A magical goat demon attacking a hospital won't get worldwide attention as declaration of war? Toriel's plan is utter shit, she has no right to scold Asgore for what he did.

Why is girl Frisk so obnoxious?

This. No war required.
>What is: Stealth/finding willing souls.
Cultists/crazy people would flock to him.
Because you're gay.

you take that back

both toriel and asgore are pretty shitty characters desu they only appear for relatively tiny portions of the game each and toriel especially has the personality of a paper towel.

>Asgore
>Stealthy

>She'd rather kill one child and then kill six other people on the surface simply because she's impatient.
You're way off base. Toriel's plan is nobody kills anyone.

To keep it thematic, Asgore had three options: Pacifist, Neutral, and Genocide. If Asgore really wanted to murder humans dead, then he should have gone full genocide to swiftly free monsters decades ago and destroy humanity with unstoppable god powers. Both Asgore and Toriel know Asgore doesn't really want this to happen, which is why Toriel's actual belief is that he should have been a pacifist instead by putting his foot down as king and admitting his mistakes. Instead, Asgore does neither of these things. He chooses the Neutral option which has the worst end for everyone: Asgore is still murdering innocent children, and all of monsterkind continues to suffer underground while Asgore secretly hopes against his own kingdom's wishes that no more humans fall down.

Of course, the irony of all this is that Asgore's decision happened to be the best because unbeknownst to them the other two options are implied or directly proven to not work.

Girl Frisk is hot! HOT!!

Can we make goatposting a redboard exclusive action?

That issue is actually less likely for a human that dies of natural causes as opposed to a soul that's enslaved to serve its murderer.

You are literally replying to the rebuttal to your argument.
Try reading, you retard.

>Asgore BELIEVES that the battle has to happen
And that belief is destroyed when Frisk tries to negotiate and is ignored.

That's the difference between a battle and an attempt at murder. Sorry your fav is a huge asshole, but protip: just because the game represents everyone sympathetically doesn't mean every character is a good person.

but they never stay there

Asgore at least tells us some important backstory and has genuine emotions and motivations. Toriel is nothing but a hermit that treats children like pets and pretends to be virtuous.

HNNNNNNNNNNNG

I mean make goats redboard period. Doesn't matter if it's SFW goat, just make it a blueboard illegal thing.

Asgore's neutral content is fucking golden and his post game stuff has all been super good and cute. He deserves to exist.

>And that belief is destroyed when Frisk tries to negotiate and is ignored.
No you fucking moron. Asgore believes that the other monsters still want war at that point and that's why you have to fight, its why during TP when they all show up and say they like Frisk he backs the fuck off right away. He's stuck between what he wants (peace) and what he thinks his kingdom wants (war)

Asgore isn't even that complex of a character so why do so many people just miss the fucking point so hard, I swear

>Asgore is redeemed because even though he murders children, he contributes well to the story
>Toriel is just pretending to be virtuous because fuck that icy bitch.
Do you think fanboys have any understanding of how transparent they are?

the hilarious thing is that the way he types is really obvious. talking to yourself is usually the first signs of insanity.

>momfags coming out of the woodwork to defend toriel because they have an oedipus complex and ASGORE IS AN EVIL MURDERER, TORI DINDU NUTTIN

Cordoning things off like that is worse than any band aid solution

Giving in to shitters just because they like to raise hell over a few characters is exactly what they want. it lets them eat the thread away by creating a new boogeyman and a new thing to bitch about. Don;t give them what they want

>Asgore isn't even that complex of a character so why do so many people just miss the fucking point so hard, I swear

People are just hungry for drama, so they come here in hopes that we'll provide their fix

I'm just standing off to the side and waiting it out, don't feel the need to enter a circular argument where nobody's opinion gets changed either way

Please don't use my wonderful request for your baiting, thank you

the hilarious thing is that the way he types is really obvious. talking to yourself is usually the first signs of insanity.

Howdy Guys, Reposting my new fic

Cutting-Hedge Fashion: Undyne and the old goats go shopping
pastebin.com/BkQdCqkY

Hope you all enjoy it!

>A king
>Who is lead along by what he thinks people want
>Rather than leading
And this is sympathetic?

Its not even as if the "child murder" thing was just an attempt, or a theoretical policy, IT HAPPENED.

I've just been smashing that button. I like that it hides them once you do so

>dadfags coming out of the woodwork to defend Asgore because they have a fat dad boner and TORIEL IS AN EVIL CHILD KILLER, GOREY DINDU NUTTIN

Do you have more like that, user?

Asgore isn't the best king, this is a plot point. He put his peoples desires beyond his own. I'm sure what you're wanting out of this, he did bad things.

Some people like him regardless and find his content good and sympathetic. It's clear that you're just not willing to entertain any alternate thoughts about it though

Thanks Doogle

I wish there were this many dadfags, I'd have more company

>they think i'm a dadfag

heh

>asrielfag shits up the thread with drama-Chapter 3000

>momfag makes yet another mad post because i offended their dear lady toriel for having no moral ground to stand on

I don't see why you'd report it either, it's not like mods know Undertale enough to differentiate between character discussion and shitposting

>It's clear that you're just not willing to entertain any alternate thoughts
Fuck you. Good content and "being sympathetic" are used by these retarded dadfags (including you) to ignore or minimize his crimes.

Do you think dadfags generally acknowledge that he's a shitty king? No.
Just like how you yourself had to engage in this long argument before you finally made that acknowledgement.
And its not like this is some political scandal, personal foible, or general incompetence that's being swept under the rug; dude killed children.

You miss every shot you don't take, i guess

>ericfag starts a characterfag war again hoping to get closer to genocide

Night night /utg/, never change

Also lmao dude, you'll get him one day

Okay user, whatever you say. I'm sure you're right in that I want nothing more than a flawless character who did nothing wrong ever and that its not the negative aspects combined with the positive aspect that make me like the character so much. Have fun raging about how mean and evil the dadfags are

You were correct

Ah, it's a Monday night. Monday and Sunday usually see the same couple of fags shitting things up. I know you already know, but things cozy up later on in the week

What'd I tell you

It's so similar to old /utg/ but on such a smaller scale

It's almost like nostalgia

He ordered the Royal Guard to collect human souls and they did so. It's only a "crime" according to you. This was the only way to break the barrier without starting an immediate war.

If Toriel was in charge, her reckless ideas of attacking the surface would no doubt send monster-kind spiraling towards extinction. She is canonically a hotheaded, irrational angry drunkard of a character. Accept the simple fact that Asgore is the better ruler and admit defeat.

Frisk's huge bepis!

Uh oh

*Chara's
*Smol

spaghetti-o

Undyne >> Frisk > Chara

the fish does NOT have a bepis

They have an extremely large sword

We already know this

Frisk is a girl
Chara has a small dick
Asriel has the longest dick
Asgore has the thickest
Sans and Papyrus are skeletons

That's one odd sense of nostalgia

No, but she has a nice athletic body.

Wrong wrong WRONG.

Frisk is a MALE. Chara is a disgusting FEMALE. Frisk is Asriel's BEST FRIEND EVER.

Sorry sweetie but what said is permanently canon. But you're welcome to your delusions!

>quoting your own post

That's not me, I was just referring to Caretaker

>caretaker
>permanently canon

How about suggesting some spooky story ideas I could do for Halloween instead?

>He doesn't recognize when someone counter's their obnoxious shitpost with an equally obnoxious shitpost
Come on son.

Toriel dies because she's a bad person and deserves it.

Napstablook haunts a house, spooky sandwich antics abound