/fog/ - Fallout General

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Storyfag's imgur:
imgur.com/a/iNUlq

>OP Pasta
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kzvZE4BY0hY
youtube.com/watch?v=grmRVWlb1r0&t=
mega.nz/#!Aog33aSC!0ckkLwWMbz4hqJwHwxG-ppWNRH7SanioabOCQ_NM5cs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_International_Posadist#Nuclear_first_strike
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22013/?
youtube.com/watch?v=14mIFbhB0b8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does Hancock still have a hancock?

NAC has some cool weathers

Ghouls don't lose their genitals m8

Is it possible to make FO3/4/NV actually epic? I know epic is a pretty meaningless word at this point, but I mean that certain locations give you actual goosebumps, like the intro does.

youtube.com/watch?v=kzvZE4BY0hY

yeah heres a tut

youtube.com/watch?v=grmRVWlb1r0&t=

Nope

when you go out of your way to find stupid shit, dont act surprised when you find stupid shit

Are you fucking kidding me, this is the scene everyone went crazy about?

How can I make my FO3 look good on a weak PC?
Mostly looking for a lightweight ENB, not high-res texture mods.

I really love the recycler machine from manufacturing extended. Turned Hangman's alley into a recycling plant where I toss my junk into container and it converts them into raw materials. Fun to watch it work.

No ENB has ever made a good look better, unless washed out, or over saturated, are "better"

Grab any ENB you like and turn off SSAO, DoF and complex shadows.

Too many nuisances (such as being unable to disable the rad effect despite disabling it on the menu, also fucks up some effects) and it makes my game too bright.

Game too bright? Turn down the brightness!

But I agree with the nuisances, there's a lot of things I don't like about NAC.

>any ENB you like
never used any before, got any recommendations for FO3 and/or NV?

Not the brightness, something off about the sky idk, the sky just looks like shit when I'm using NAC with my ENB (which requires NAC but looks perfectly fine without NAC so meh).

There's like only two pages or so for each nexus, just look at the pictures and choose the one you like.

KF2 Halloween Horrors Event is up btw, in case anyone here plays KF2.

>KF2
Is that game still even up? Though it tanked a long time ago

>No Edition Edition

Not him but it gets a decent 3-5k players on weekdays with more on weekends so not dead like other games

>Papa khan makes me the heir to the great khans
>They're just going to assimilated anyways
Yeah, thanks for the "great honor".

Oh yeah, you might wanna adjust the sky curve then.

>something is causing fo4 to crash on startup, like at the beth title before even the main menu
>disabled every mod through NMM, meaning only f4se and enb stuff are going
>f4se installed to the letter from tutorial videos, and it worked a week ago
>enb was fine a week ago too
TOOOOODDDD

>haven't seen Cait in days
>shakes and sweats from withdrawals

kill yourself

Not out of the question at this rate to be honest famalama

>tfw one of the suckers who early-accesed it

>something is causing fo4 to crash on startup, like at the beth title before even the main menu
I have only ever heard of that happening due to a missing master file. Did you somehow delete the Fallout 4 main files? Did you verify the cache?

Also what this guy said
To add onto that, go die in a fire

just use paint.net dude

>KF2 added yet another lootbox system called The Vault
Honestly what the fuck happened to Tripwire.

Finally got around to finish FO4 main story, what trash. Anti-climatic ending in the institute where I killed maybe 6 synths before the game ends in the cheesiest, weakest cutscene out of all the 3d FO games.

are there any quests that only unlock after you finish the main story?

This works out to 104lbs of oil or 14 gallons/52 liters of "oil". After 5 in game months, 100+ people and 200+ robots working for me, I now have enough oil to refuel 1 car.

Way to soldier it through. I couldn't stand the game for an hour. -The main story takes more than an hour right?

> where I killed maybe 6 synths
You are aware more synths spawn based on how many Institute scientists you kill?

If you kill all of them, you can get gang rushed by like 60 synths in the teleporter room.

>before the game ends in the cheesiest, weakest cutscene out of all the 3d FO games.
That would be the NCR ending in New Vegas

if you did minutemen ending you get a quest that lets you fuck up the brotherhood and blow up the prydwen with artillery

You can actually do that quest at any point in the story if you make the BoS hostile to you

How much oil do you think exists in a world where 2000 trillion dirty bombs went off 40 minutes ago?

What's the best NV companion and why is it Russell

Is the oil in FO4 supposed to be actual oil or biofuel? Cause only the latter would make sense.

Not him, but people need to stop with this shit.

The resource wars happened because oil was running low, and no one had new sources, not because it had totally run out everywhere right then.

Oil still existed in relatively(to one person) large quantities before the war.

I know the games were revolved around petroleum oil but I'm not sure if that has any connection to motor oil and so on

Post hats

>Fallout 5 takes place in a very large, open landmass
>vehicles available
>vehicle travel is very preferable because of the distances, but not required
>(relatively) scarce oil, like Fallout 4
>oil is still used for crafting

The perfect recipe for a shitty video game, I'll take my check in the mail, Todd.

>Is the oil in FO4 supposed to be actual oil or biofuel?
Generic lubricant/fuel since it includes everything from cooking oil to paint. The cutting fluid that can be made at the chemical station some sort of an animal based lubricant/coolant. Would have been nice to be able to make biodiesel or even vegetable oil, which could power diesel engines. But that's a bit more detailed than the game is.

It was so bad that Europe turned the middle east into a barren wasteland devastated by ABC weapons until they eventually retreated because there was literally not enough oil left in the entire middle east to continue fighting.
It was so bad that China and America waged a bloody war over the last few Oil Fields in Alaska.
So yeah, it was pretty damn bad.

That was the resource war, which dealt with every major world resource, not just oil.

I can imagine rare minerals playing a big role.

So what,i'm pretty sure Europe didn't devastate Arabia to claim their vast camel ressources.The battlefields of the ressource wars were the middle east and alaska, and the main ressource everyone was after was Oil.

"The Great War" was just the peace treaty for the Resource Wars in which every country agreed to peace because every country who could object was dead.

Rage but with Fallout's setting.

Actually I'd play anything that'd be a post apocalyptic GTA/Red Dead Redemption. Loved the Metro series but wished it wasn't so linear and wanted more dialog and NPCs in Stalker.

>are there any quests that only unlock after you finish the main story
Of course. Literally hundreds of hours of gameplay and thousands of quests.

MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE IM A FOOL ABOUT LOOVE

The Great War was China getting pissy that America was shoving its T-51B foot up their ass after having lost at Alaska.

it's supposed to be ambiguous as to who launched the first nuke, but once you dig into the lore with that power armor invasion of china it's pretty obvious who shot first

prepare for it to be retconned for that sweet sweet chinese audience $$$$$

It's up

mega.nz/#!Aog33aSC!0ckkLwWMbz4hqJwHwxG-ppWNRH7SanioabOCQ_NM5cs

You have at least one quest in diamond city about the mayor.

It was never ambiguous, Richardson in Fallout 2 outright tells you what happened. The only people who didn't believe him were people who kept making up asinine conspiracy theories about him lying to the player about something he had no reason to lie about.

Fallout NV and 4 both confirm it was China who shot first via terminal entries at Black Mountain and The Switchboard.

Its surprising what a difference proper music ansd ambience does. Actually not that surprising, every film student learns that 1st year.
Some user recently suggested Fallout Suite which adds some really good and one shitty ambient tracks to the game and some areas actually made me stop and soak in the atmosphere when the sad violins started playing in the background.

At least it's not ayy lmao.

It was never the Ayys

>Fallout Suite

Awesome, as somone who always plays with the radio off I'm going to love this.
Thanks user!

For what puprose? I never understood this.
Shit in the workshop gets broken down when you need, why did they add this?

it was close enough for them to make an audio log before realizing how stupid it was and not actually implementing it

>implying the US and chinese governments weren't run by ayys

Ohh, it's this retard again

>Halloween
Speaking of which, you gays got your costumes yet?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_International_Posadist#Nuclear_first_strike
It all makes sense now. Nuclear annihilation, aliens visiting: this is the game the chinese were playing.

I like the boots

OWO

Needs some towers to climb and i think you have the recipe for a GOTY there my friend.

dont forget loot boxes

FAL CRY 5

>it's just sad Belgian rifles

>mfw looking up posadism
what the FUCK is this shit

Neat. Found some wastelanders with their own boat in the harbor, would make sense as a home because once past the shore mirelurks there's nothing out there that can harm you. Weird that these are the first 2 I've found with a working boat though, there's so many still floating boats that look like they were in use just a few days/months ago.

Also, project for the Minutemen: Put an artillery piece mortar on the front of one of the large green tugboats (there's 10 of them floating in the harbor) and perform gunboat diplomacy against anyone hostile who lives near the shore.

Lol as soon as I talked Alice down she ran out of her house, bumped into this yucca tree and died.

Can anyone identify the player home mod used in this picture?

I saw it on the nexus and looked everywhere for the source.

>there's no traveling boat settlement letting you bombard savages from the shore with artillery like that shogun 2 dlc

When you swim out from Spectacle Island you can find a bunch of abandoned houseboats out there, some with full garden patches and everything, but considering they are all abandoned i can only assume they were eaten by Dolphins or something.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22013/?

youtube.com/watch?v=14mIFbhB0b8

generic vault dweller

I can't decide whether Cass looks badass or ridiculous wearing this communist heresy with her insistence in wearing her hat.

I'd have traded some of the crappier settlement locations, Coastal Cottage, Outpost Zimoja, Murkwater for one of these Tugboats as a settlement, especially if this settlement could move to pre-defined locations along the coast. A quest after "old guns" maybe.

iirc you can wear a bandanna over that too

having a boat settlement/player home that moves to like 25 or so predetermined locations is exactly what the Red Wave mod is

This, holy shit. Who though Jamaica Plain was a good settlement location?

How "intricate" is the settlement building anyway?
Will every location just end up looking the same because there's not enough variation nor reason to build anything but optimal or what?

Lacks an artillery piece.

> but optimal
What does this even mean in regards to making settlements?

I'm new to FO4 and CTD about once an hour when I load into a new cell. Does my load order look okay?

Fallout4.esm=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=0
Damage Threshold.esm=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-NoDLCVersion.esp=1
def_inv_scrap_en.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Collectibles.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-AID-VIS.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-VIS.esp=1
MoBettaScrap.esp=1
TidySettlers.esp=1
BetterCompanions.esp=1
CompactCrafting.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor.esp=1
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1
Binoculars.esp=1
BasementLiving.esp=1
BetterModDescriptions.esp=1
FO4Hotkeys.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
MKIIGrenadeReplacer.esp=1
PipeShotgun.esp=1
PipeShotgun-AWKCR.esp=1
UniqueUniques.esp=1
WMW_TS.esp=1
OctaviusSentibar_Labels.esp=1
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1
OWR.esp=1
Impervious Power Armour.esp=1
EAMR.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp=1
SettlementLimitSlashed.esp=1

No. Uninstall 4 and install New Vegas.

Have you ever built a settlement in Fallout 4 or are you just asking generally?

You know how in Star Trek, the Earth is a nuclear hellscape before bouncing back and reaching the stars? Posadists want to copy that.

>user will never post cosplays

I'm playing NV, too. I've currently painted myself into a corner trying to complete a pacifist run.

>Caitfag will never post cosplays done by cute boys

I'll get around to it. I happen to have mostly girl cosplayers but folders pretty big and there's both