/ywg/ Yo-kai Watch General #81.5

Previous Thread:

I have no face and I must scream edition

Yo-kai Watch 2 Psychic Spectres is out in both the U.S. and EU! Go transfer your BS/FS data over!
nintendo.com/games/detail/yo-kai-watch-psychic-specters-3ds

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Third version of YW3 (Sukiyaki) is out! Go spelunking with friends and kill each other's heads over those goddamn traps!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_2)

yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Yo-kai_by_Medallium_Number_(Yo-kai_Watch_3)

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1+2 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Tags: Yokai, Youkai

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7b6GE9hZKo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How can I beat wismallowman M without using the event yokai or bosses? Pic related are the only SS ranks I have

It's such a shame that this general is doomed right off the bat.

With that team, unfortunately you don't. Apparently tattle terror is good for stunning him, but without a way to stock up on soultimate (slurpent) or an adequate damage reducer he's basically impossible

Shit, guess I have to stick to farming points with just maginyan and sir nyansalot
I'm surprised at how high thier drop rates are, was able to pull them in a decent amount of cranks

It's probably to make up for adding draggie in as a possible crank

>Momotaronyan
>Kabukiroid

Consistency? What's that?

ded franchise

bump

>Cat mouth
>Beak
What the fuck

it's a fake beak

Inaho got legs for days.

Anyone have a pandanoko they're willing to touchtrade?

Well, now that I'm home, guess I can continue making these if anyone has a Yo-kai they want a ref sheet of.

Someone replace them with Melonyan M and Lum respectively. My nerves are too bad right now.

A lot of the bosses people say are hard are actually quite easy if you have a good team.

I think that was an accident, they may have meant to add robodraggie but someone at NHN fucked up

anyone willing to add me on wibwob?

I'll add you when I get home

Are there any notable Yo-kai YouTubers outside of Abdallah and Johne?

This one was difficult? Thought he was easy to handle

>Lum
Who?

Our Boy Leafy does videos from time to time. Though he does focus on other stuff as well, I did find his guide on making money and EXP in Psychic Specters to be very informative.

But yeah, due to YW being very niche here, we don't have a lot of options.

what do you mean?

who is your starter hime /ywg/?

Camila without a doubt

Lum from Urusei Yatsura you uncultured swine! She's part of the current PuniPuni event while Wib Wobbers get a fucking melon cat.

this fucking bitch ate all my choice tuna and still didn't join
I swear I got sinbad in fewer tries

Finally befriended this fucker after going through a lot of battles and ice cream. This team did pretty well for me.

nice joke

>Tfw I used those codes but the coins gave me nothing but duplicates
Man, wibwob really wants my money, doesn't it?

Who's excited?

>master1200
Learn how to Pixiv user.

i hope this movies more fun then edgy

MAKE WAY ITS BEST WAIFU
SAY HEY ITS BEST WAIFU

Some team recomendations for wisM?

Tattle terror and awakened venoct seem to be popular for stunning him
if you don't have them then you're going to be stuck cranking for them or melonyan M/Kabuking

What do you do in the 7 seconds he's stunned for?

does anyone know what this kai does?

Nice ass

I was given 2 choices at the begining of psychic specters, what yokais will i miss out?

10 out of 10 would bang again

So how is everyone doing in the scramble battle anyway?

I'm doing pretty good, especially since I picked Team Bear & we're pretty chil, can't even begin to imagine what it's like on Team Nate. Might try to bump myself down a peg or 2 to get Maginyan since ever getting Whis M, I decided to level him up with classic Massiface Y-money farming and to also see about my chances of pulling other Yo-kai from the Crank.

>jpg-small
user you can do better than that.

Who is that anyway?

The fact that they're having the characters from the classic Youkai anime is really cool, I'm hype

The fact that Team Eddie is trying to pull a last minute win is pissing me off!

lewdnyan when?

The girls of Nate's class deserve more lewds

Team Nate here
honestly I got the soul secrets so I could give half of a damn who wins
alright got maginyan and sir nyansalot so I don't need them from the point prizes so I might grind a bit in an attempt to get melonyan or kabuking for whismallow M

anyone know good ways to grind Ymoney?

do you have Psychic specters and another version? if you do youtube.com/watch?v=w7b6GE9hZKo
if you don't spenp sometimes drop silver dolls

I got a feeling I missed out on a massive money maker when Blue Oni / Ogralus was first out on Puni Puni. Are there any other Yo-kai that have a soultimate like his? Because I just realized that using Buri-Taichou and a yokai with attack booster rack up the score real fast.

Massiface grinding. Attack+score boost, using a direct attacker and firing off as many soultimates as possible during fever. You'll need slurpent for this strategy though
He's talking about wibwob, not PS you underage

I guess they were serious about making the movie a little more serious than it's counterparts.
>Classic youkai anime
There was something out before the watch anime? Or do you mean how the designs for some of the yokai now fit a little more to their original counterparts?

Realized that after I posted, whoops

I've also seen people use a single attacker on multiple Yo-kai stages where your single attacker does more damage to the Yo-kai based on it's tribe. Like going to a stage filled with Mysterious/Slippery with a Brave like Demuncher or Shogun King M and doing the same steps and set up as the flooding method with that. Keep in mind, you have to KO the other Yo-kai on the stage.

They're talking about these guys from Gegege no Kitaro, a series about Yokai that predates Yo-kai Watch by over 50 years.

Those designs really do reek of 60s-70s anime

Is it me or was Orcanos harder to beat in YKW1 than he is in 2?

his form taken in YW2 for befriending has lower health, so he's easier to take down. Otherwise he still has a huge difficulty curve in his boss rush form.

HOW'S THIS

well 1st round of the scramble battle is over
who do you think won?

Looks like Eddie pulled a surprise win.

That's pretty spooky for a baby child game.

Classic Lum

Quit Wibble Wobble a few days ago. Wasn't fun anymore, the grind was too much. The inevitable fate of mobile gacha games.

>Quit
But how long will you last? For many players always return...

ykw3 when

bump

>Gegege no Kitaro
Wow, haven't heard this name in a very long time. They're doing crossovers now?

I'm surprised they can do anything with it, considering the author of the series passed away last year or so.

Unless they somehow claimed the property? That would be a dick move unless they had an agreement.
I'm curious about this one now. I saw Ogralus rack massive score even without Slurpent. But what other yo-kai have direct attack soultimates?

There's a good chunk for each tribe, but of course the S ranks are the one most important.
Demuncher
Chymera/Komashura
Ogralus/Uber geeko
Swelterrier
Kyryn
Sproink S

There's more, but those are the ones off the top of my head

Only time will tell. Maybe they'll add something big to it that will drag me back in.

Busters/Blasters first.

Maginyan or Sir Nyansalot?

Maginyan, because witches get dickins

wish thier wib wob sounds weren't recycled, but its to be expected

what sound does sir nyansalot make?

The fact that komashura is pretty much locked out unless you luck out on swelterrier in the gacha or get him in certain events is kinda crap. I just hope I can get him in reasonable time. At least I can get Camelia/Tsubakihime through this 2nd anniversary event.

What yo-kai should I grab from this, and how do I get more points from these fights? I get 100 max from some fights, and I fish for them by just attacking the enemy without fusing the wobs/punis. Unless there's a more efficient way?

Assuming you're talking about the halloween scramblefest, the harder stages drop bigger orbs to pop, which yield more points. Maginyan gives a small boost in points if she's in your team (+20% of points earned in whatever stage you cleared). Sending out your Yo-kai in capture stages is also a good method to grind AND get points while you work on main stages

I'm on puni-puni, right now it's the 2nd anniversary event where they did a comic/anime collab, it's the Urusei/Conan/Ranma/Inuyasha event.

what, you expected a series for brats centered around dead things to go around without spooks, especially around the month of spooks?

Any predictions when Blasters gets released? Will it come with Moon Rabbit out of the box or will we have to wait for it?

We're probably gonna have to wait for it. I just hope we don't have to wait a year for Moon Rabbit, since who knows how much time the 3DS has left. I also wouldn't be surprised if Blasters ended up being eShop only title.

I think they'll have us wait, hope we can get the 3rd games and all their updates before the 3DS dies

nice joke

i drew this earlier what do you guys think ?

Bad!

needs more feels/10