T. /gsg/ - Traditional Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 10th of November:
1580 – After a three-day siege, the English Army beheads over 600 people, including papal soldiers and civilians, at Dún an Óir, Ireland.
1674 – Third Anglo-Dutch War: As provided in the Treaty of Westminster, Netherlands cedes New Netherland to England.
1989 – Germans begin to tear down the Berlin Wall.

# Waggle Pastebin
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB

# Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

# News
CK2 DD 06/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1053632
EU4 DD 07/11
>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1053654

# Archive (mods only)
>mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

# Where to get these games
>hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
READ THIS FIRST.
>pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>[V2] - Victoria 2 : Bronies Crusaders, A alternate History
indiedb.com/games/victoria-ii/downloads/bronies-crusaders

>[V2] - Legacy of Slovenia
pastebin.com/72Yhqm5i

>[V2] - unHPM v1.5
pastebin.com/zK3YrpNx

>[V2] - 7 Years Mod
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

>[V2] - New Liangmod
mediafire.com/download/fm7kgwo9m83yqxu/New Liang.rar

>[V2] - Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

>[V2] - Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>[V2] - Cold War Enhancement Mod
github.com/settintotrieste/Victoria-2-Cold-War-Enhancement-Mod-CWE

>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy 0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.2
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>[CK2] - When the World Stopped Making Sense
github.com/loup99/WtWSMS

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3N7unU1G
imdb.com/title/tt0285160/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

queen victoria was a slag edition

/gsg/ memes arent funny

inappropriate

t. Prince Albert

Um excuse me? Are you just going to sit there and imply that Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India was some sort of street harlot? I know that the poster you're replying to was just joking, but you seem to be entirely serious and people like you can not, must not, and will not be tolerated at all in my t. /gsg/ thread. Certainly not within the first six posts, where such a lie is plastered for all to see like some sort of Germanic theses.

Now let's get down to brass tax here. Yes, Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India had a lot of children, but do you really think that makes her a 'slag'? Now if we're to go by the Oxford English Dictionary's definition of what a 'slag' is, it seems you're either calling her stony waste matter separated from metals during the smelting or refining of ore or you're calling her a woman who has many casual sexual encounters or relationships. Now I dare to be presumptuous here and stop me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if you were implying the latter, not the former. And in such a case, we have a problem here my friend.

Is it definitive that a slag would have many children? I think not, in fact I'd wager that a slag would have few children, having contracted various diseases and being experienced in the abortive arts. What would we expect from a proper, natural wife whose primary job as a homemaker is only aided by a fertile womb? Why, I think we would expect a cornucopia of healthy children, exactly what Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India produced. A female role model? Yes. A healthy woman? Yes. A hard-working mother of 9? Yes. But a slag? No. If you were smart you'd delete your post now.

Hi

Hang about, I wasn't saying she slept around, I was saying she put out for her hudband and her husband alone as all good Christian (protestant) women should.

Oh, then carry on.

wow we reached like 800 replies before new thread.
feels good man

The power of Gr&i no longer causing thread wars.

Peace at last

People used to say, "lol just ignore him", but simply look how much better it is now we can actually get past the bump limit for once. We used to have two threads made at 730, now we have one made at 800.

h8 gr&i

I may just have to start and lead a new faction of /gsg/ that is rival to this current regime just to shake things up in here. We'll have to organize on discord of course, and strike in concentration.

oh dear

Good Morning except for Romanians

yee-nah

Where can I download the most recent version of MEIOU and Taxes?

Never forget:
pastebin.com/3N7unU1G

This shall be my name. In a week's time, I shall return and you will reap what you've sown.

>MEIOU
AEIOU?

Prussia decided to go to war with France. 50% of the country is occupied and they're still considered to be a bigger deal than Spain.
>, how are you going to deal with Kurds and shieet?
They aren't christian, and thus aren't a potential third column, so who cares?

>didn't invert horizontally
>didn't use transparency
Come on now

I'll tell you lads something funny, it wasn't meant as a joke but it's still funny.
I was watching a documentary on gulags in the USSR, and they were interviewing this guy who was in one and he said there were some Chinese prisoners in there with them, and he asked them why they were in a Russian gulag and they said. "Our friends crossed the border one day." and he asked them why they were in the gulags if their friends were the ones who came over the border, and they said "When our friends went over the border they never came back, so we assumed it must be brilliant in the USSR and followed them."

actually we didn't get to the bump limit because you made the thread wars
your controlling freak autism created all the shit that happened and is happening right now
you were the one creating earlier threads and inciting thread wars because the op triggered you

Nice post really good blog.

I'm not R&I.

I was trying to share something related to the genre with you that's funny, nigger. No need to be a cunt.

What documentary?Was it a real one or just propaganda?

Listen up, "my friends". The only Paradox game worth playing is Victoria 2. Hearts of Iron is an absolute garbage-tier series, the entire focus of the game is World War Two. It's a history lesson, not an actual game - there's little to no replay value, and the game hardly focuses on true nation building (economy, politics etc.). It's a bad game and a bad series. Hearts of Iron IV is probably, hands down, the worst game I have ever played.

EU hardly needs any criticism, the game speaks for itself. It's a boring as shit time period and to top it all off the game is ugly as shit and has been casualized for that sweet mainstream appeal. It's not real grand strategy.

CK 2 is just a shitty irrealistic RPG about cuckolding and mixracing. It's a big fat mess and it's not actually grand strategy, it's an RPG and belongs in a different thread.

I also feel the need to tell everyone in this thread that grand strategy isn't meant to be played in singleplayer. Grand strategy is meant to be played in multiplayer with other sentient beings. The AI is far too stupid to make political decisions and actually build a proper nation and properly wage war.

Anyone playing singleplayer is autistic, retarded and likely can't play for shit.

Anyone still buying Paradox games until Victoria 3 is announced is a fucking retard and is contributing to the downfall of the grand strategy genre.

God bless.

I keep seeing CWE i'm wondering is there any formable nations in the game besides EU?

Plenty of them, top of my head - Mercosur, some Andean shithole, NAFTA gets to federalize too, the African Union too iirc.

Anyone up for some CWE MP?

Mercosure, the British Commonwealth, Eurasia, ASEAN. I think there's quite a few more

>Anyone playing singleplayer is autistic, retarded and likely can't play for shit.
Nuh-uh you're retarded autistic and shit

It's true though and you literally can not debate me on this. Singleplayer is not challenging at all. There's no depth to singleplayer games. Fuck you for playing singleplayer.

imdb.com/title/tt0285160/
Judging from your question though you'll think anything not universally praising communism is propaganda.

host liqqy mp then

>H-h-hey user, what's that map game you're playing?

none of your business chink

>race mixing

>plastic

Well, yeah, because they all mostly are.

Can i form scandinavia or Benelux in the mod i would like to play a smallish nation to start out as to learn the mod?

REEEEEE FINNS ARE WHITE

>mixracing

I see racing but where is mix?

good post

Ugh huh, but anything criticising capitalism is fundementally 100% correct and true, right?

These levels of shit not even lolg and starcraft generals haven't seen.

Oh yeah, and you make it all better, Dotty?
Fuck off.

Turks are white and based

>Implying the best propaganda isn't true

Eat shit, tool.

No?I never said that.
Why does someone having a different opinion angers you so much, /pol/tard?

EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS! EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS POST IT MUST BE IDENTIFIED AND DESTROYED AS THE CANCER IT IS!

My response? "no".

>Kojak is back
Woah

Because you're fundementally wrong on everything and your beliefs spread from nearsighted idealism rather than pragmatic realism.

Based are white and turks

How's the Putin mod for DH?

Our singular investment into Egypt has paid off; the Khedive of Egypt has chosen the Italian Suez Company to create a canal connecting the Red Sea with the Mediterranean Sea, granting our kingdom ownership over the Suez province. Such an endeavor is costly, but once completed will yield infinitely more profit than invested. Meanwhile in Europe, the Russian Czar has finally come to the realization that an alliance with the Dutch is not enough to ward off German aggression. When we approached his administration with an offer of alliance, they gladly accepted. Italy is no longer alone in the world against the Franco-Austrian alliance, her people can rest safe knowing the Eastern Bear sits idly by protecting her heartland.

Guys, how do I learn Vic2. I downloaded HPM but I get my ass kicked no matter who I start as; diplomacy seems super clunky and unintuitive, alliances never change from when I start. I also am perpetually in a deficit as soon as I start. Tutorials are shit. Any tips?

Minimum amount. It'll still get built, it'll just take longer.

So, I'm actually getting around to writing deportation decisions for the USA, am I currently have
Afro-Americans back to Liberia once the Civil War's pasted, Reconstruction's passed, and obviously no slavery. However, only 80% make it there alive, as the Atlantic's a bitch to travel and the government doesn't really care to the trip's ease. Cost 100,000 and sends 80% of Afros to Liberia, and 20% die
Panama Canal. Once the Canal's built, the native's of the canal province get kicked on over to Panama City. 5,000 is the cost
The others are for the various cultures on the Caribbean islands I can take from the Euros, like Afro Caribbean getting shipped to Trinidad for example. Each separate one will cost 10,000 each
Does it sound good so far? I'm not too sure if the Caribbean and canal deportations should have a pop lost as it's not as far of a distance as America --> Liberia.
Should I also edit the Reconstruction chain to make only Yankee as accepted in the end? For Texan, should I remove Texas cores so they also assimilate?

War! Napoleon III has finally worked up the courage to declare another war of unjust conquest over Savoy. The Third War of Italian Independence has begun, but this time the conflict draws in even more outsiders, with the Austrians joining in on France’s side and the Russians joining in on our side. If the stalemate of the last war is any indication of the balance of military powers between France and Italy, then the addition of Russia and Austria to the conflict should safely push the conflict into our favor. If things go well enough, perhaps even Venetia will be liberated from the Hunnish boot.

Unlike the last war with France, this time Italy has almost triple the manpower in our professional army, a force that should be more than strong enough to hold the Alpine borders as Russia drills into the Austro-Hungarian heartland from the East. And of course France faces the ever-present threat of Bismarck’s North German Confederation. With South Germany firmly under his control, all that remains to properly proclaim the German state is the seizure of Alsace-Lorraine. The entrance of Germany into the war against France would be disastrous for the frogs and a blessing for the peoples of Italia. One can only hope.

too late

>Should I also edit the Reconstruction chain to make only Yankee as accepted in the end?

yeah

I feel like it would be more realistic if only African American was accepted at the end.

Set upper class to 0, lower class to full, and middle class somewhere in between. Set education to full, administration to 51%, and army maintenance to as low as you need to in order to run a surplus. Just remember to move army maintenance to full when need to use your soldiers on combat otherwise your troops will be undersupplied and fight like shit. Tariffs just act as a tax on factories, if you set them too high your factories will struggle to be profitable. Try not to get above 10-20% unless your desperate.

You should use national focuses to get at least 2% intellectuals in every state. In military, infantry/guards are front line and artillery sit behind them. You want to have generally an equal number of them. Cavalry protects your flanks and helps your occupy provinces faster. Engineers helps your occupy provinces with forts faster. 1/10 troops should be an engineer and you need at least 1 recon from cavalry for every 10 troops in order to get the full effect. Generally the US is considered one of the easiest games, you don't really need any alliances and you only end up at war with other great powers like Britain if you choose to.

>Hitler looking dismissively.jpg

will you make france release corsica so you get a core there?

The Second Battle of Turin has ended once again in a humiliating French defeat. Nearly 50,000 more Frenchmen died attacking the city than Italian defenders, proving once again that the French are inferior warriors. Such a major loss has pushed the direction of the war clearly in our favor, despite territorial losses on the border. Meanwhile in the East, Russia has similarly lost border territories early on but has decisively halted the meager Austrian advance with legions of gun-toting Russian peasants. If the war continues in this direction, the Franco-Austrians will have no choice but to cede Venetia, which is now the official goal of the Russo-Italian side.

>sad hitler.jpg

I tried US, but it seems like it takes awhile to annex Mexican territory since the fabricating claim is pretty lengthy. I also seem to lose Washington to Britain. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. I'll take another shot at it though.

Is HPM just more difficult than normal? I've heard Japan is a good tutorial island since Korea is weak, but I got fucked up by deficits fast so I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong. I'm used to all the other paradox games, never really had issues getting into them.

to all of it user?

>go into thread
>see someone posted a pastebin you made
Is there a better feeling me laddy mates?
I think not

Eventually of course, but for now I'll be happy if I can just get Austria to give me Venetia and Friuli.

Nigger, look at your decisions. Manifest Destiny decision starts the Mexican-American War and if you occupy Mexico City you can take the Treaty of Guadelupe-Hidalgo decision that gives you all of the states the US historically took in the single war. There's also an event chain for the Pacific Northwest where you can choose to cede it all to Britain, split it as was historically done along the parallel, or claim all of it up to Alaska and gamble with whether the AI will accept your claim or go to war. Japan is very easy because you can spend your whole game as a great power eating away at Asian uncivs, although HPM makes the unification a bit harder than vanilla. But US is generally considered the easiest country in the game. Just look at your decisions every once in awhile to see what requirements you need to meet.

yes, but you should wait for more suggestions

Victory! Despite pushing into both Italy and Russia, Napoleon III and his Austrian allies were forced to the negotiating table after irreplaceable losses of life stalled both campaigns. The Franco-Austrians have agreed to cede Venetia to Italy, bringing the Italian people one step closer to total freedom and sovereignty under their divinely-chosen monarch, King Victor Emmanuel II. With this addition, Italy has solidified itself as the singular nation of the Italian peoples, delegitimizing any attempt to fracture the Kingdom through the creation of petty historical fiefdoms. However, Southern Tirol, Friuli, Istria, and Dalmatia are all rightful lands of the Italian people and will require at least two, possibly three more wars of independence in order to completely free. And no doubt the French will continue to unjustly demand the conquest of Savoy into their tyranny. But so long as Italia can continue to hold alliance with another continental power, she will easily be able to defend her borders and liberate the oppressed Italian peoples across the Mediterranean.

I like the ideas user. There should be some minimal pop loss for the other deportations, just from things like disease and crime that are bound to spring up. Maybe like 5% dead?

Make the afro-american one cost more. There's a lot of them after all.

After over six years of peace and economic growth, Italy is once again thrown into conflict. The Suez Canal has recently been completed, but the dominating influence Italy has had over Egypt in recent years has pushed more reactionary elements of their society into revolution. The old Khedive of Egypt has been forced into a ceremonial position at the behest of Islamic revolutionaries backed by the Mamlukes. Europeans within Egypt have retreated to the stronghold of Alexandria, fearing retribution from the nationalistic native populace. If we are to maintain influence over Egypt, we must send in the military now to overthrow the new regime and restore political stability to such a vital area of the world. The Lagunari have been dispatched to invade Egypt in conjunction with the Italian Navy with the stated goal of defeating any forces loyal to the new regime and reinstalling the pro-Italian Khedive as a puppet of King Victor Emmanuel II. If we are victorious, Italy will come out of this war with a nearly unbreakable influence over Egypt and her valuable cotton fields.

Bare-bones, but it's working as intended. I'm also going for a Yankee only route in Reconstruction, so CSA and Texan cores will disappear and both pops assimilate to Yankee. I'll increase the modifiers Reconstruction gives you when you choose to unite the nation culturally as well.
I'll do 5% for the other deportations but leave the Canal one not killing any as it's literally just a few miles.
Also keep going, I've been enjoying your game. Did you spawn in Occitania? If so, free them and puppet them
what would you suggest? There's what, maybe 2 million blacks by then? 250,000 for that number?

Is this HPM?

Whats some fun to be had in the warhams mod for ck2?

Does reforming the myrmidean empire have some interesting content? How about the empire colony in notAfrica?

Empire seems kinda meh. Can you do urban feudalism as the dago empire?

The Italo-Egyptian War has ended in an expected Italian victory. The anti-Italian regime was crushed, including the Mamlukes, and the Khedive has been placed back on the throne, this time with Italian governmental advisors close by. The new Egyptian regime is practically a puppet of Italy, as it should be. With time, Egypt may itself be integrated into the Italian Empire as a direct colony just like Tunisia.

Tbh I didn't even know Occitania was in the game, I've seen games where France is dismantled and they're never released. Maybe I'll end up doing that once I decisively defeat France later in the game. As it is, they've been making a pretty good run, pushing me practically to the breaking point in every war.

Yes

Nah, keep it so you can choose how it plays out. Having either the option to only accept Yankee or too reaccept the South

>Southern Tirol
>Italian

No, user. Please.

Can you release it as a puppet instead?

respectfully disagree x 1

this, g*rms must be opposed at every possible opportunity

and since Dixie is unaccepted by now, this results in no CSA or Texas cores, as well as Dixie and Texan unaccepted.
After reconstruction, this means Yankee is the only accepted, and Texans and Dixies will assimilate to it.
Hopefully this means at least a 95% Yankee USA by the time I'm done
>Southern Tirol
>Not Italian
user, if I remember correctly S.Tirol has 4 Italians to every S. German

Dixie is based and white
Y*nks disgust me

After a relatively quick recession of Turkish influence from North African and Arabia and instability in the Balkans owing to the recent overthrow of the Ottoman dynasty by the liberal Young Turks, Bismarck arranged a congress of Europe's preeminent powers to decide the country's fate. Seeing an opportunity to expand Italy's influence in the Mediterranean, King Victor Emmanuel II dispatched a secret communique to the Turkish government. Italy's delegation would vote in favor of Turkish control of the Balkans and in return the Turks would give control of Cyprus to Italy, solidifying control over the Suez. Sensing the urgency of their situation, the Turks hastily agreed.

However, after several days of deliberation in the summer heat, the congress finally reached a conclusion: the Turkish state should cede control of its Balkan holdings to native nationalist groups to allow them to form their own governments. The Turkish government was furious with the decision and has refused to cede even an inch of soil to anyone, going as far as to renege their secret agreement with us. Such insolence in the face of the united powers of Europe cannot and will not be tolerated. The Turkish cockroaches will be made to pay for their childishness in both land and blood and they will learn what happens to those who spit in the face of civilization.

If an Italian lives there, it is Italian soil. Germany will be shattered into a million pieces by the time this game is over. Austria-Hungary cannot exist if Italy is to exist and Germany cannot exist if Austria-Hungary does not exist. G*rman barbarians will be driven back to Scandinavia.

Is this a new addition to redditmod?

>bullying turks

Rude

>If an Italian lives there, it is Italian soil. Germany will be shattered into a million pieces by the time this game is over. Austria-Hungary cannot exist if Italy is to exist and Germany cannot exist if Austria-Hungary does not exist. G*rman barbarians will be driven back to Scandinavia.
exceedingly good post

t. pic related

>early modern
>boring as shit time period

I'll ram a line of muskets up your ass grandpa

hello plebbit, don't you have some ebin cheevos to post about?
shoo shoo now, back you go