Original character Edition

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

Pre-War thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2850/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27669/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16669/?
loverslab.com/topic/66502-anime-inspired-hair-mod/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You can easily "ditch" the MQ under the presumption that you have no fucking idea how the world is after 200 years, and thus, need to gather information, weapons, armor, and cash, before you are ready to take on the world, and find your son.

This is the same excuse they gave you back in Morrowind, when they told you to take a break from the MQ.

Legion sucks

OWO

guaranteed replies.jpg

do you ever wonder if god stays in heaven because he is afraid of what his creation has become?

its not gay if youre being historically accurate

fuck why

Is there a mod that makes piper look like this?

take a closer look at the OP picOWO WHATS THIS

its a trap!

how do I save her

by putting her out of her misery

a nice hot grill

>mfw the Take Cover mod
it makes third person play like a chinese knockoff of Spec Ops: The Line

Nurse both heads at once

tried that mod, so fucking clunky it almost made me uninstall fo4
fuck that shit

Some people liked my Piper face mod

>deliberately trying to mod in cover shooting
modern gaming was a mistake

I thought about trying that out on my current game but yeah, it looked clunky as fuck.

Given the actual tits, it's either a shemale or a herm.

10/10 lips and facial shape, nose looks like michael jackson's though.

Good job on eyes.

Skin looks like mspaint artifact trash

>bunny corset but no ears
shameful

>Be BoSfag
>Run into a fight between Brotherhood Aspirants and Railroad agents
>Gay enough to run immersive hud so I am forced to visually ID friend from foe
>End up firing hardly any shots because I'm spending 90% of the fight figuring out if I'm about to shoot an ally

Fuck you guys your coats look the same

it's fucking awful. and the thing about it is that in my case, i installed it in my very first playthrough. and on top of that, i was playing on survival.
i legitimately spent over ten hours doing the quest where you have to kill the raiders over at the factory. i seriously almost had a heart attack that day.
can you imagine what its like fighting off raiders that kill you in two or three hits (one if they headshot you since i was also using BLD) while trying to adjust to the cover system added by that mod? no, you probably cant, because its beyond INFURIATING
and remember, i was playing on survival as well, so i had to backtrack way the way to that one house to your right as you go down that road where you get the quest to help out the merchant lady and her addict son. fuck this is bringing me back horrible memories

This this this a thousand times this. It makes complete sense to get your bearings before traversing the big bad wasteland to find your infant son. Or maybe seeing the wasteland after leaving the vault caused you to go insane and forget about your son. Second option isn't really able to be reflected through dialogue, but all games have limitations and the main quest is about finding your son, why people think you need to be able to express through dialogue how much you hate your family or whatever and still progress through the first part of the main quest whilst actively trying to ignore the entire point of it is beyond me. Since when did the whole "RPGs require you to use your imagination" thing become viewed as a lazy excuse instead of a baseline requirement to fully enjoy what the genre has to offer? I mean 4's not perfect but it's not nearly as limited as everyone say it is, that's just people who are too close minded to be capable of expanding upon anything but a 100% blank slate PC, and frankly it bothers me that so many who claim to love RPGs are unable to work with the small amount of backstory they've been given, fill in the gaps themselves, and move on. I mean shit, the whole family dying and apocolipse happening aspect serves to be a pretty good starting point all things considered, who you were before means nothing, new world, new rules, new start. But no, that's of course not good enough. Why would it be?

>collar

jesus, who left this book here

I cant wait for this meme to end and they find out its just a mental epidemic

all in good time

what mod

If you don't want to read, then just don't you low IQ nigger

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2850/?

What does /fog/ think about NoRepawns? Seems pretty chill, and his settlement building vids are relaxing to watch.

>Decide to new play through

>Download F4 + HD DLC

>Download 20gb mods

>Load game every few minutes/installs to check basic stability, all is fine until the last 5 minutes on even a F4 release era save with numerous scripted shit missing that I reinstall along the way.

>Get everything set up perfectly

>Game doesn't support 5760x1080

>Install all the GUI shit to fix that

>Part of what's necessary for widescreen causes random crashes every 15-35s.

>Disable it all and try to play with broken GUI

>Last couple facial texture related mods also c ause CTD

>Reroll Uninstall Wizard.exe

Why is F4 so much more unstable than even Skyrim 32bit

I'm gonna be playing on Horizon and survival, so I thought that mod would make it easier...dang, that sounds like I dodged a bullet.

Some of the weapon mods im downloading aren't Horizon / survival friendly in that they will be OP, but if enemies can 1 shot me, I should be able to 1 shot them.

>HD DLC
you fucked up at step one

Whoa, hey, that's just uncalled for

>HD DLC
>5760x1080

Its good for covering everything at once. I don't like hunting and picking through texture sets and it doesn't effect my FPS.

>HD DLC
>some randomass insane resoultion
>surprised that his game doesn't work
Seriously.

>shoot hostile ghoul
>lose karma

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27669/?
Do you feel like a hero yet?

It's funny how hard you're trying to defend it, because everything you said can be nullified by the fact that you get a fucking Minigun and Power Armor twenty minutes into the game (not counting the intro), and loot is all but scarce in the game. The cherry on top is that you can ask Carla (who I sometimes literally found standing right outside of Concord) for directions, and then it gets marked on your map, and you notice that's almost literally a straight line from Concord.
There's no sensible reason why a good parent would rather 'explore' a few dungeons/ruins/abandoned houses for supplies, rather than simply get the Power Armor, get the Minigun and head down to DC after asking for directions.

Again, someone else whose argument can be nullified by the goddamn intro. It's not even like in FO3 where you can outright roleplay as a douchebag from the start, and obviously finding your dad isn't that much of a priority in comparison to finding your son, specially if you're a woman.
What kind of fucking liberties can you take to roleplay? Oh, I know, at the very start, when Codsworth asks me to go see Shaun when he's crying, I'll just wait a couple of minutes; that'll justify how much I DON'T really care about my son!

Since the very start, you're hammered the fact that you NEED to look for your son. It's not a matter of roleplaying; the game quite literally reminds you at every turn (in cutscenes, dialogues, etc.) that it's IMPERATIVE that you find your son. Your agency ends at "oh I'll be the worried mom who's just trying to get by in order to find her son" or "the asshole dad who's too impatient to be nice to people who don't have relevant information on how to locate his son".

>5760x1080

3x1080 27" IPS monitors

It works flawlessly in even fucking F3.

>Its good for covering everything at once.
It really, really isn't.

i heard horizon is pretty bad (as most overhauls for most fallout/tes games), from what ive seen it would be easier to download individual mods that cover what horizon changes and using F4E/the console to adjust anything else

yo this is really neato
thanks dude

why the actual fuck do you need that much coverage?

Hell I can't think of a reason to have more that two monitors and I never use both for the same thing because there is no point

>requires all DLC

>current year
>doesn't have all the addons

link?

dude just pirate em

that looks gay as shit tbqh

>he didn't get the dlc when the season pass was dirt cheap before the price hike that he had a month of warning about

Or you could just pirate it all. Literally nothing stopping you.

I told you Todd, I'm not fucking doing it

Good stuff, might download

>because everything you said can be nullified by the fact that you get a fucking Minigun and Power Armor twenty minutes into the game
Which you wont have ammo for, or materials to repair it with, or cores to run it, making it useless until midgame.

>The cherry on top is that you can ask Carla for directions
Asking Carla for directions doesn't negate needing to explore the post-war wasteland to get a lay of the land, learn what all the shit in the post-war world is, and get weapons and ammo you will actually be able to use. Not to mention making friends to support you in your quest.

reminder that metal gear solid 2 was doing that "killing in video games is kinda weird when you think about it" long before spec ops and way before half the people in this thread were born

No one gives a fucking shit. Fuck off.

thanks

...And? They're visual representations of simple numbers. Am I supposed to feel bad for killing them? Am I supposed to ponder the morality of executing this asshole? No, because that's not the fucking point you ass.

>creation club is TOTALLY 100% NOT PAID MODS
>creation club is actually micro DLC
>creation club is not covered by season pass

Good job missing the point of Spec Ops, even if MGS2 was vastly superior

>executing
>asshole
these are emotional words for someone that does not invest

It's a fucking video game, moralizing is not fun, and video games are all about fun. If you're not having fun, then it's a shit game. Moralizing = ruins games.

Opinion on my Sanctuary wall?

needs more billboards

Looks like shit Trump

I don't know if any individual mods has the settler job system

You can tell a settler / robot ( I guess ) to go to a settlement / dungeon on your behalf from the sound of it. And thats really fucking cool. Most of my game mods I want are focused around that but shit, I'm worried that everything I wanna use will conflict.

If only he'd make a "Horizon light" version with individual esps.

Also she looks QT with these hairs
loverslab.com/topic/66502-anime-inspired-hair-mod/

>one random car
>leaning on an unsupported, mostly-wooden wall
not great

>Which you wont have ammo for, or materials to repair it with, or cores to run it, making it useless until midgame.
You can literally pick up weapons and ammo as you go, even on Survival. There are merchants fucking everywhere in this game (aaaall the way down to DC), and again, loot is all but scarce.

>Asking Carla for directions doesn't negate needing to explore the post-war wasteland to get a lay of the land, learn what all the shit in the post-war world is, and get weapons and ammo you will actually be able to use. Not to mention making friends to support you in your quest.
Literally everything you said is a matter of how many liberties you are willing to take in terms of roleplaying. Again, obviously you could always argue that "oh I'm roleplaying as someone who was traumatized by the war and coming back to the surface after 211 years", but that's essentially the equivalent of creating head canon, both of which are unreasonable.

You are shown at the start of the game (again, past the intro) that there are maniacs everywhere trying to kill people for their loot (not to mention rape, slavery etc. specially if you're playing as a female character). You're then shown your Minigun + Power Armor wombo combo are more than enough to kill at least a dozen of these dudes, plus a murderous beast the size of a truck. You have no need to 'explore' or 'feel the terrain'.

thanks

why are city walls a thing in fallout when the whole reason they stopped being a thing in the real world is because gunpowder deletes them

can you guys for the love of god tell me what are some known mods that add the infamous "you can't send followers back to the sanctuary, only to their original locations" bug? i dont have the good neighbourhood is or whatever mod installed as well, never have

>You have no need to 'explore' or 'feel the terrain'.
You are really reaching if you think that knowing that a minigun can kill some raiders makes you totally prepared for all the giant mutant animals, and super mutants, and feral ghouls, all over the place

>Unsupported

which of you faggots keeps replying to the old thread
speak up

Because most people don't have explosives of a high enough yield to blow up good walls. Keyword: most.

And YOU are really reaching if you think the main protagonist is even going to consider those, considering he doesn't even know they exist (outside of Ghouls, which Preston tells you about). Ironically enough, you don't actually come up to any of these if you go straight to DC from Concord, so good job on proving yourself wrong.

>hd dlc
>random fuck-ass resolution

wew

WHEN IS NEW F4SE OUT
WHEN

because they need a reason for the city to be its own cell

would have made just as much sense to build a merchant town out of one of the skyscrapers but that wouldn't look as pretty at night

not anorexic enough

>HD DLC
>20gb of mods
>stupid resolution
>more 3rd party shit to bandage stupid resolution
>"why is my game fucked up"

> Ironically enough, you don't actually come up to any of these if you go straight to DC from Concord
Super Mutants and Feral ghouls are in Lexington, which is on the direct path from Concord to diamond City.

needs a more sunken, inbred looking face
also that hair isn't nearly filthy enough

that's no corset that's a fucking ugly vest 0/10

You don't have to go through Lexington to go down to the DC. Plus, what the fuck do you think would go through the MC's head when coming up to these?

>"Oh shit, I'm halfway through, better go back and waste energy/time/this Fusion Core, which I learned doesn't last forever!"

>benis

hnnng

go to bed caitfag

would break in half/10
give that bitch a sammich

I love giving skinny bitches big hugs were i pick them up

I just read the description of Horizon again and I think...I'm just not gonna bother with it. Holy shit.

Why won't he just make a lot of smaller esps so we can pick and choose things out of it. Its bad when a video game file is making my head hurt.

Who the fuck stays in the PA after getting back to Sanctuary?