/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1073 - Hug Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBmUWXnVihc
sonichacking.org/entry/57
youtube.com/watch?v=C5jfW1qRvUk
trustfile.avalara.com/blog/can-i-collect-sales-tax-without-registering-to-do-so/
youtube.com/watch?v=hHC7Bfg_BZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=DhaCSsdnkoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fast

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

FAHST

Its up!

youtube.com/watch?v=DBmUWXnVihc

DL:
sonichacking.org/entry/57

anyone got an USA rom for us to "borrow"?

Other than the soundtrack, what's even the appeal of 3D Blast?
I can't imagine an isometric Sonic game to be good in any way.

burnu

YES, man this hypes me up for the hacking contest as well.

*gets another matching wallpaper*

ok let's try to go just one thread without posting avatars

Don't be so close-minded, it's fun once you get the hang of it.

Hey /sthg/ I dare you to go 200 posts without posting Forces OCs.

While we're requesting shit to borrow, anybody have a US Zero Gravity ISO for either Wii or PS2? Recently been going back and replaying all the early 3D games with modern graphical improvements and that's the only one that eludes me. I just want itty bitty kitty titties on hover wheels.

You know exactly what you're doing

Does Buddy count?

This character's theme sounds like something from Sonic, tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this.
youtube.com/watch?v=C5jfW1qRvUk

You might know everything I'm going to do, but that's not going to help you, since I know everything you're going to do! Strange, isn't it?

who is the black lesbian beside maria?
>BLACKED
go away

where do you think we are?

>user that requested his avatar drawn will never receive my shitty art delivery
Truly the most tragic turn of events

DISGUSTING BLACK CREATURE

It's a good day to be a silvazefag

Yes.

If Mecha Sonic returned would people even care about him unless he was just SMBZ Mecha Sonic?

WereSonamy is pretty cute.

>guaranteed_replies.png

It's weird that red wolf Buddy was used as the main promotion for the Avatar, but then the cover has a blue wolf.
Wonder why they changed it.

I would, and I never watched SMBZ.

>SMBZ Mecha Sonic
If I recall wasn't his personality more akin to Neo Metal Sonic? If so, yeah.

no_

Don't worry, someone will post their oc eventually, then you can post your thing.

Probably to keep the colors on the cover art consistent with Classic and Modern Sonic both being blue.

I said the same thing when I first saw it. My buddy thinks it was to kind of keep the cover disparity of blue and orange, but Metal, Knux, and Tails kind of fuck with that. So I dunno. He's still red on the back, too.

Even without SMBZ inspiration the fact that he can use emeralds to go super was kind of a big deal to me and I'd love to see it come back.

I'd care because that means more mechs that isn't Metal, but it wouldn't matter because he'd lose spectacularly like everyone else.

I want him back either way. never cared for metal sonic except his neo form . it would be cool to see a heavy mecha go all out to kill sonic

Actually I'd prefer if the OC posters weren't so pushy about their avatars

This shit made me want to doodle the permavirgins Sonic Channel bless

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

So, what happened to Sonic Runners?
I remember when Sonic Team announced the game with high hopes that it would be a success, and the game even had a cd soundtrack release.
Is Sonic Team really that incompetent to even fuck up a mobile game?

>mfw I learned that collecting sales tax without registering as a business is committing fraud.

trustfile.avalara.com/blog/can-i-collect-sales-tax-without-registering-to-do-so/

Yeah cause he's not a manlet

No, he was bootleg Cell with less personality and a few traits from Androids17,18 and 13.

youtube.com/watch?v=hHC7Bfg_BZ4
discuss

Yes. Its successors suck, too.

This has to be the most anime song in Sonic's history
youtube.com/watch?v=DhaCSsdnkoU

Man, what a level, everybody being hopeless, Buddy the only actively trying something, Eggman's taunting towards the ending of the end of the level. Shame it didn't really mean much.

what's mecha sonic

Yeah they fucked it up with how the levels are generated or something in an update, making it unfair with the number of spikes or something iirc. There's a reason Puyo Puyo Quest has been one of SEGA's most financially successful mobile games for the past five years and Sonic Runners died, it's made by SEGA's mobile division instead of Sonic Team.

you're a weak guy

Dat Blaze's low res face
>my feet hurts
>too many sparkles
>wish I was on solo gymnastics

They fucked up f2p balance in it (and harder levels random generator too. Check DSS's videos on it)

Robot from Sonic 3 and Knuckles

CUTE!

Reposting *BEEP*/Virgin comic

Sonic team of just any yuppie that's free at the moment to hurry and shit out a product for holiday release,right? I can't believe my brother bought forces full price on the eshop yesterday despite both of us knowing it's shit, he made a blue wolf with the persona 5 outfit

>bringing that into the new thread

drop it already

Stop responding to the attentionwhore artist

I don't know why Sonic and the Black Knight is so disappointing.
The concept of Sonic going into a mystical land sounds so intriguing and is ripe with entertaining possibilities for action and jokes, but Black Knight feels like it misses hard when the all of its potential.

user, if someone's going out of their way to bring up hours old shit from an old thread back up, it's likely best to not respond to them. They're just gonna shit up the new thread

No matter what will come our way
We have the odds, we'll make them pay

>you can get only one chaos emerald per act
What a shit.

Sonic Team are masters of dropping the ball.

>CUTE!
Thank you user.
And bless you for dumping this masterpiece. I enjoy it every time, it's the best. Makes me wanna draw beep beeps too.

I dunno, I had a lot of fun with it. Plus, it opens up possibilities for a canon medieval AU story arc in the IDW comics. They could expand the universe and maybe include Galahad and Lamorak.

Post some ideas for a Christmas-themed pic featuring Bump and Sage.

These are the only acceptable costumes in Forces and everything else is autism.

>Wanting Mecha Sonic
What we really need is a Gundam sized Rocket Metal Sonic from Sonic the Fighters controlled from within by Metal Sonic.

Black Knight isn't really about mythical adventure or anything like that, it's more like an allegory for the acceptance of death, much like Secret Rings was about the awareness of one's mortality.

I thought the fact that Galahad and Lancelot were father and son and Percival and Lamorak were brother and sister was something that would have been cool to touch on.

Desu Sonic exploring a mystical land would be boring because all he'd do is go all "Chilidogs! I'm the world's fastest hedgehog. Leave it to me!"
And that's all he did in Black Knight.
Also >pic related

I was hoping and still would like to see the equivalent of Sonic dropped into Hogwarts, without forcing some magical weapon he needs to use and just letting him rely on his own abilites or even throw in Tails and have him provide gadgets instead.

I, for one, am saddened by the untapped potential that is the story of Gawain and the Green Knight.

The sequel featuring Vector as the Green Knight

that is bad, because?

I still haven't even tried Puyo Puyo Quest, despite hearing many times about it... is it any good nowaday?

If I remember previous videos right, it was to make collecting them at least somewhat more challenging than the original, with too many Tails's and Knuckles's everywhere. That also makes you go through all 7*2 special stages, harder half of which most of people skipped by, making collecting emeralds even more trivial in original. All because of tiny mistake in code

Draw them

Holy shit, Infinite is Black Knight

it's not sonic 1

Would Sonic having a kid humble him? Or would he still be a cocky bastard?

Please rate my OC

Having a kid with who?

I want to have kids with Honey!

Looks good to me.

Pretty much everyone does.

Would the Green Knight try to find the scroll room?

>polka dots
Ew

Elise.

Having read some of that recently, it is a shame more games or even comics didn't explore the Knights of the Round Table.

Reminder that Sonic and the Yellow Brick Road is the best Storybook game idea alongside Sonic and the Journey to the West
>Sonic Storybook game based on the the Wizard of Oz
>It's perfect for the hallway level design of the series with the yellow brick road
>Sonic has had enough of being thrown into books and wants to go home, like Dorothy in the original book
>The red shoes are Soap shoes or something
>Eggman is the Wizard of Oz, with his various contraptions
>Rouge and Amy are the wicked witches of the west and east
>Knuckles is the scarecrow who wants to be less gullible
>The lion is Big the Cat, who is too scared to look for Froggy
>Froggy can be Toto
>The Tin Man is Metal Sonic, which takes a depressing turn with how he wants a heart in comparison to how Metal Sonic wants to be the real Sonic
>No Tails

Puyo Puyo Quest is a Puzzle and Dragons clone, it's basically your average gatcha mobile game. It features the return of most of the forgotten Compile-era characters like Kikimora, but otherwise it's nothing all that amazing. It's only in Japanese, but I think there are translation guides on Nexus.

>Gets slightly shoved by Eggman
>Joins him despite his squad's vocal concern
>Shadow destroys his squad then him
>Has a freak out, puts on a mask and becomes Eggman's bitch even more
>Kills a shit load of people and bullies a kid
>Kid comes back and kicks his ass on his own
>Then Sonic comes back and kicks his ass on his own
>Kid foils his big move
>Sonic and Kid kick his ass together
>Vanishes a failure and a punk begging for another chance
>Nobody cares

What loser this chump was, he probably wrote his own theme song, If they adapt this game in the comics I hope when they confront Infinite Sonic laughs at his ridiculous name and mocks him.

>sonic adaptation of journey to the west
We /dbg/ now

Alright anons, listen up.

I remember some user from a while back going on about how his/her headcanon consisted of Sonic being 11 years old when he first met Amy who was 8 years old at the time. This user also mentioned how there was supposedly this fan theory that Sonic was 10 years old during the events of his first game and aged up by one year around the events of CD. So theoretically Amy could've been 7 around the first game and just turned 8 when CD came around. Let's just say I've taken a liking to this headcanon/fan theory.

So I was thinking:
>Classic Sonic was 10/11 years old to match up with Amy's previously canon age.
>Modern Sonic is around 15/16 years old due to his birthday in generations.
>Future Sonic would be around 20/21 years old by the time another 3 to 5 year gap takes place.

Why Sonic Team went with Blaze to play as Percival in Black Knight?
They could've used Silver or another male character instead.
I remember being so happy when Blaze was announced as an important character in a new game.
Too bad Black Knight has shit controls. ;_;

prepatched rom where

But Silver had to be Galahad becaue nobody else is pure enough to find the Holy Grail!