/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1074 - Edgy Espio Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/oilyjf.webm
mega.nz/#!6RVjGKZB!X5hkPaljQxMjGA3PSM9pKXGvaM1ZBTBCcTQvP6dMiSU
mega.nz/#!qJc2BDoI!IZFGXNIB7DvOFABItH4mDtWXweJx5DcLEw8z9LRk-O8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Roger best voice

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

First for Blazin' it!

*Receive flower*

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

How did you model her jump?

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

huggu
thanks to the user who covered me last thread

Great

Her jump is actually the standard falling animation with an added 360 spin in. The fire effect itself is actually the same model she had in Sonic Rush! Same textures and all! The main difference is that the materials have additive blending as well as a light source attached to make it glow.

Grab the pussy Silver

I miss Jason, they got rid of him just when he was starting to get the hang of Sonic and him being able to actually express emotions other than snarky commenting. Every line since Colors has sounded like Sonic was bullshitting an emotion such as feeling sad that everybody died in Lost World or Tails being caught by the deadly six.

Fucking nice

Are you blind? Blaze has already grabbed that pussy Silver.

>Every line since Colors has sounded like Sonic was bullshitting an emotion such as feeling sad that everybody died in Lost World or Tails being caught by the deadly six.
I mean that is pretty in character

To be fair, Forces is the first time anyone post-Black Knight had a competent voice director.

cute, I want to see what Rouge is wearing

That's Sega and Sonic Team not really caring, they probably just tell their voice actors
>Eh you know, just say your lines

It is for those games, where the writing is self-aware, self-mockery for the franchise itself.
But in the ones with at the very least mediocre writing, Sonic isn't some dudebro who doesn't care about anything.

There's certainly a difference between Colors and Forces though so is it really a problem then?

Alright alright, so when are Sonic and Amy and Shadow and Rouge going to get matching wallpapers too?

Hey, I asked a question last night regarding characters but I don't think you saw it.
How are you going to implement different characters? Will there be a character select in the future or is the next build going to be just Blaze?

Probably just a very simple character select screen.

How often does Sonic Channel upload things again? Every month or something right? bit hard to say though.

I want matching wallpapers.

>

Shahra is a cutie pie~

Yes? When you try to make the situation feel dire, do you not want the character's voices to match that? This voice can't even do that.

Third square looks like a reaction image of "nanda kore wa?"

Y'all are faggots.

I was talking about in the voice acting, there was a difference between Colors and Forces. I replayed Colors and Lost World before Forces came out and the acting was plenty different

you too

If Sonic, Shadow, Silver, Knuckles and Tails were anime harem protagonists, who would be part of their respective harems?

Pic related in that this seems to be every girl that either has shown interest in Tails or Tails himself has shown interest in.

how do I reset the controls to default with Clover Heights?

They upload once a month, but this is the third time Silver and Blaze have gotten matching sets and no one else has gotten any.

>Colors is a day in the life of Sonic
>Forces has Sonic beat down, imprisoned for six months and having to rely on a literal who to defeat Infinite. I still don't understand how Buddy joining the battle when he did that ruby thing made it so they could win, is it because he interrupted Infinite's charge attack and they finished him before he could charge up again?

Tails and Cream have barely interacted as friends, let alone enough to be a part of Tails' harem.

adorable
thank you

They're kids.

Most of Tail's ships are girls he's hardly interacted with.

Is that supposed to be Wave in the top right?

Zooey is cute though

I was too, and I seriously don't hear a difference. Good voice director or not, they can only go so far for a voice that only has one tone "dudebro".

I think you're highly exaggerating, especially when you see the other kind of characters he voices. The more obvious problem usually seems to be writing and directing, Sonic has just been flanderized in the past decade the same way Eggman has and is now a joke. Forces was finally a step in the other direction with the two.

Never which is good

Does Sonic Mania have the sexiest level cards/level loaders in all of Sonic?

Now that we got models for Bump and Sage, how long until I can have figurines of them on my shelf?

I made this

The act ending is underappreciated.

>score slides in to the rhythm of the jingle

Still trying to work on my Sonic fan game. What are some interesting stage ideas for a Sonic game? Will consider the ones I like the best and try to make them as soon as I'm in that stage of development.

Temperature rabbit with red emerdood

What about prototype Shahra?

>the goal sign winks when the final drums end the song

Why is that good?

I like S3K level cards, because they are simplest

Pretty much everything has been done already. Give up.

I remember someone mentioning the idea of a bank-themed Sonic stage in here before. Although I'm not sure if it'd fit the New Orleans theme.

Never

The cards/loaders themselves are great.
But I really don't like the colors, especially that piss yellow that's used a lot in them.
If it was white it'd look a LOT better.

Not muh otp

Imagine Ryan Drummond saying Baldy McNosehair.

I do really like her

Need more sewer levels.

I'm not the one making the New Orleans game. And I do have a bank-themed one, where you chase through the Hooligan Gang's getaway trail after a bank heist.
t-thanks

Not anywhere near as cute as actual Shahra.

The best thing about people wanting Drummond back, is they pretend he wouldn't have to work with the exact same scripts as Smith.
Personally, I don't think Drummond is a very good actor, but Smith honestly has gotten the short end of the stick as far as scripts go.

How about a Underwater level?

List of stages for the Sonic Simulator ride. Like Mania the Phantom Ruby is used to get you to new locations
EggmanLand (this is what he changed the park into using Infinite)
Station Square/Emerald Coast
Angel Island/Mushroom Hill
Hill Top Zone
Green Hill Zone

Hmm, I suppose you could come up with twists on level themes we don't see too much of in Sonic? I mean, when was the last time we had a haunted themed level?

Something abstract like Music Plant akabestzone, how about a level/zone made out of letters, numbers and symbols?

>Hill Top Zone
you pick the most boring, forgettable z

Sega is definitely more hesitant with shipping Shadow with anyone, but no Sonic and Amy stuff is weird.

wow rude

Plantation level

If they're dreaming they might as well go 200%

Have one more drawing /sthg/

Painted Parkway is a stage I'm designing you'd like, all art-themed. Paint rivers, pencils as spikes, paintbrushes slicking up the pathway. Things like that.

Haunted theme sounds cool, I was thinking of something like that. I'll see what I can do for a concept sketch.

I can't recognize most of the cartoon Sonics in this image. Can anyone identify them all for me?

>Coral reef growing above-ground, intertwined with overgrown ruins - Reef Ruins?
>Mexican town festival themed with spooky Day of the Dead elements - Fear Festival?
>Group of islands covered in snow - Alpine Archipelago?
I tried my best user.

OVA, CD, adventures, satam, underground, the jam things I believe though I may be wrong on that, x, and later down the line, riders intro
all in that order

Nice

AOSTH, Sonic SatAM, Sonic Underground, Sonic Jam Man Of The Year, Sonic X & Sonic Riders.

aw.

kek

Never noticed how weird Rider's top spine was

Work on proportions some, you look like you almost got it

my.mixtape.moe/oilyjf.webm

SENPAI!!!!
DID I DO WELL?
AM I FAST ENOUGH YET?

What about the comic ones? Thus far I have
>Original title screen
>OVA
>CD FMV
>Sonic 2 boxart
>Sonic 3 title screen
>AoStH
>SATAM
>Underground
>Jam: Man of the Year
>X
>Unknown comic
>Unknown comic
>Post-reboot comic?
>Unknown comic
>Fleetway
>Unknown comic
And I know the rest.

From left to right
1, OVA, CD OP/ED, American boxart, 3&K, AoSTH, Underground, SatAM, that Sonic short where Eggman impersonated Sonic and made some mischief (I think it's called Man of the Year?), X, various comics for the next 6, Adventure art, Adventure ingame, Adventure 2, Heroes, Riders 2D art (the best tied with Battle btw), Unleashed, Generations, Night of the Werehog short, Lost world?, Boom

very hayai

Advance had some nice places

The first two after X are different eras of preboot Archie Sonic, followed by post-reboot Archie, two different Fleetway Sonic, & the Dash & Spin Manga

1, OVA, CD, US Sonic, 3, AoSTH, Underground, SatAM, Man of the Year, X, Old Archie, Mid Archie, Late Archie, Fleetway, Fleetway again, That CoroCoro Manga, Adventure, Adventure DX, Adventure 2, Heroes, Riders, Unleashed, Classic, Werehog, Lost World, Boom

Please send help.

>Sonic voice is just Rogers voice slightly exaggerated
>all his other roles don't sound like anything like the other
That man has range.

wait shit I didn't even notice I quoted wrong lel

Thanks doc(s).

No problem. Also, the two volumes of Dash & Spin have never been fully translated, IIRC

Sonic and Amy have to maintain the status quo so not much can happen with them
I guess they're more willing to do shit with Silver and Blaze since they aren't main characters

The Sonic Wikia says there's "foul language, blood, and crude humor", so it has to be good.

Time for me to call it quits. Quick added some sleepy eye bags, you can kinda see em here. I might work on better clothes and upload another copy if I have time in the next few days. Unfortunately this file isn't very user friendly yet, so sorry if anybody was looking forward to playing around with it.
mega.nz/#!6RVjGKZB!X5hkPaljQxMjGA3PSM9pKXGvaM1ZBTBCcTQvP6dMiSU

I don't know what the deal is, maybe it's just proportions. I didn't put a lot of effort into her on that render, especially on her face, but there's definitely something wrong. Might make some edits to her later on.

soon

>Paint rivers, pencils as spikes, paintbrushes slicking up the pathway
Rayman already did it.
twice

That actually makes sense

Good job still, and sleep tite

While I'm around, here's something else I did a while back. I was gonna try to recreate a scene from Adventure and see if I could fool anybody into thinking a remaster was coming, but I never got around to it. This model's ready to play around with, if you're so inclined.
mega.nz/#!qJc2BDoI!IZFGXNIB7DvOFABItH4mDtWXweJx5DcLEw8z9LRk-O8

cool beans

That looks really good, damn.

What program do you use for making models? Zbrush or blender or something?

So is there anything you'd suggest in its place? I haven't played Rayman at all, didn't realize it's been done. It doesn't have to be the most original idea, so long as it's fun.

Re: Bump's model, the weird and vaguely uncomfortable expression on her face is definitely the biggest reason she looks so off in that render, but her shoulders also look kind of like they're dislocated from her shoulder under the shirt. The shape of the hair on both of them also looks a little bit plastic-y to me, It might work better to break it down more into chunks or something.

Sage looks pretty cute overall, though.