/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #1076 - Sweets Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_zV0Dsz5Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=EJeMnOZYViE
youtube.com/watch?v=jPWrHPNekvE
piczel.tv/watch/KaylaNa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Penders is a madman and a monster

fuck him

*kisses*

I'd rather not. Can't I just shoot him and be done with it?

Daily reminder that Ken Penders did nothing wrong and is the true creator of Knuckles and is the savior of the Sonic series.

Based Sticksposter

URRRRRRRRRRRRR

TUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SLOOOOOOOOOOW

Sonic SUCKS

Sonic FUCKS

*paints nails*

That's super cute

People only really hate the werehog because of the pacing and repetitive music.
His stages are honestly really fuckin' good, all things considered.

If the werehog was treated like a ninja gaiden or platinum game, I don't doubt it would have been really, really good.

But we'll never see that hunky, fluffy, muscly boy ever again.

Also add a chao garden where you control cream

Why do you have such bad taste in Sonic?

I don't

*embraces*

Storyanon back again.

www.strawpoll.me/14454239

Made a little poll about Cassia. Should she live or die? If New 252 didn't get canned, what do you think would have eventually happened? Remember her luck "really is garbage" as she put it. Strawpoll is here for your input in this story, but let's look at the current standings so far.

57 Percent picked "Cassia gets cured/stabilized and lives, but at great cost."

30 Percent picked "Cassia lives, but becomes fully cyberized/legionized/roboticized."

9 Percent picked "Cassia dies, Clove fights against her former Egg bosses."

and just 1 of you picked that she dies and Clove loses it.

Like I said from the start, thanks for the input in shaping parts of this adventure. We'll see her fate together.

Yes you do.

>sonic 1 higher than mania, 2, 3 separate, and knuckles separate

The deers are made for suffering, hope you can deliver!

You have to have bad taste to like Sonic in the first place

A sonic game that isn't designed around managing momentum is barely a sonic game at all.

>People only really hate the werehog because of the pacing and repetitive music.
If by pacing you mean brought the game to a screeching halt then yeah.
The problem was it was dull, every action game controlled like that yet Sonic was the one who did nothing new with it. Sega should really stop being influenced by everything around it.

Sticks right as usual.

shut the fuck up

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through .

kissu

the werehog is god of war lite at best while making the qtes worst than any other combat game with them

make me faggot

Alright wise guy, how would you improve the werehog?

Hoping so too. Seriously guys, thanks for the input. Now We know more about who is in and out at least!

In: Cassia, Clove, Nephthys, Larry Lynx, Relic, Ben, Team Dark, Moss, Thunderbolt.

Out: St. John, Mammoth Mogul, MUH ECHIDNAS

Maybe: Mina, Shard

New: THE Buddy from Sonic Forces, 1-2 side buddies, New leader of Squad Jackal (name to be determined), Beignet (from Sonic Mars).

>MUH ECHIDNAS
Good

Only until you play E-102 Gamma's story where you learn to feel for a robot

Replace him with Knuckles so at least you have character parsimony

> A robot learns about empathy and upon realizing that the very existence of him and his brothers is only possible due to the suffering of living things destroys his family and himself in the process

are there any really good Sonic fanfictions that aren't smut or about the comic characters? I've never read any of the comics so I wouldn't understand anything going on in a comic related fanfic.

LIKE THE SUN
I RUN

>are there any really good Sonic fanfiction

No.

He probably shouldn't be so slow, increase the speed, make enemies weaker in general since they're all health sponges. Change the levels, especially to compliment the speed increase. Those are some really base things at the very most.

Amy is the way to go

Recommend /sthg/ users that are cool

Meaning those that break from the norm of Anonymity and provide impressive content regarding games/stories/art and such.

MUST BE A PREVIOUS Veeky Forums /sthg/ certified contributor.

Well you're probably fine, most aren't about comic characters actually.

Though if you're looking for adventures you're probably going to have to look real deep as most stories seem to be about shipping and romance.

Cute Sonic you got there.

This.

God I would be over the moon if Unleashed was Sonic and Knuckles 2, even with the flaws.

I like GHPanon. He seems nice and lets us help him with his devkit thing. He also only tripfags/namefags when he's talking about the game which is nice

Good for you limiting the number of new characters. That alone gives me hope. So when will this take place?

>the pacing and repetitive music.
I dont think thats true. Even if those things were fixed, people would still hate it because it wasn't the reason they bought a Sonic game for.

>He probably shouldn't be so slow, increase the speed
I was talking about the levels in a vacuum, not as a Sonic game. How do you make the stages more enjoyable without relating it to a Sonic title?

Please tell me there's a higher res of that

I don't want the freedom fighters, period. They're old baggage that'll weigh it down.

Oops, that wasn't meant for this thread.

Too late. You've already triggered people into taking the bait-but-also-just-your-opinion

>tfw you realize Gamma's theme and Crazy Robo are two halves of one song
>That remix when they die and the Flickies reunite
Gamma was too good for this sinful "Sonic's World"
youtube.com/watch?v=f_zV0Dsz5Ys
youtube.com/watch?v=EJeMnOZYViE

Outside of GHPanon, I can't think of anyone who uses a trip on /sthg/, and he only uses it when relevant to the devkit. Most of our drawfags are cool though.

nah. this song and dance is old. not even worth a reply anymore

It is just my opinion, but I really do want them to explore a new way to do Sonic comics. Otherwise they should've just continued onward from where they were with Archie.

Fuck the weak Forces, Shadow 2, when?
youtube.com/watch?v=jPWrHPNekvE

He can still move fast even without it being a Sonic game, you were fast in MGSR and can slice through most enemies

Same

Well I totally conked out before I could start drawing, and I forgot the Buddy requests that people wanted. Could user peeps that wanted Buddy lewds repost what they want him to be doing?

Art fresh off the grill and straight to your plate, /sthg/

I NEED THE WEREHOG RAILING HIS CUTE LITTLE ASS
or vice versa.

As an FFfag I agree. I want this comic to have an identity of its own. As long as it isn't just a 1:1 adaptation of the games I'm okay with it being its own thing with its own OCs. Just don't make it Archie 2.0. I loved Archie Sonic, always will, but I'm excited for IDW because it's the first time in over 2 decades we can get something else.

Personally I'd really like to see what they can do to expand on the game lore. I think one of the best things the comics could do is instead of adapting the games, fix some of the weird holes they have. Like explaining Marine's weird powers or how the Commander became the Commander or what was the impetus of the ARK raid.

In a perfect world where I get everything I want we get 4 ongoing comics that make everyone happy but alas

then what?
the same 15ish characters that we see in the games?

Really hate how Evan gives Rouge enormous brow muscles

Buddy & Bump

I don't wanna bring up this overdone discussion up again, but they've already said that it's gonna be in a new direction. If the FFs show up again, it'll be different.

Don't try to start this shit again, user. It's already been said that IDW is gonna have new OCs.

I always happily accept more Sticks

Is this only red wolf buddy that you're asking about?

>the same 15ish characters that we see in the games?
You guys love repeating this, they can make original characters outside of the FF

Well it makes no difference since it's going to be black and white.

>New OCs already confirmed for IDW
>New direction already confirmed
>FFs status is unconfirmed but if they somehow come back again, they'll be done differently than what we've seen of them during Archie

Just get some sleep & wait until the comic comes out. There's no real point in arguing over this until April.

Buddy/Rookie occupied with his train set whilst Tails stands next to him admiring.

>go to the drawfag/writefag pastebins
>go to the delivery sections
>see who shows up in the credits a lot
>????
>PROFIT

Source?

I've been watching Xiaolin Showdown the past few days, and I noticed that, like Knuckles, the characters are Martial Artists and Treasure Hunters combined, in a way that makes sense.

What would be the best way to take those traits in Knuckles, and combine it with his Guardianship in a way that makes perfect sense?

>but they've already said that it's gonna be in a new direction
Hughes kinda went back on that during the livestream saying he doesn't want to call it a new direction, but it more gives Ian a new fresh start. What exactly that means, we'll find out in like two months.

>It's already been said that IDW is gonna have new OCs.

who? IDW? i'd be ok with new characters, the nu252 did just that with egg bosses and it was great but build a WHOLE new world that we need to get reintroduced is rough

its a lot easier to start with what you have

The IDW panel back in October that confirmed Ian was gonna be the writer.

I meant Red wolf buddy as the character, or could I request something with purple cat buddy, i'm guessing you didn't mean anyone's OC's and were just referring to 'buddy'.

>its a lot easier to start with what you have
That's the laziest mentality, give them a shot to make something new.

I don't want like 75% of those characters and designs to go to waste. I was excited to see where the reboot world was going before the axe came down. If the FF were to come back as background or guest characters, I'm not going to be happy.

I think a hard reboot would be the best fix, but I wouldn't be unwelcome to seeing just a hard continuation without Archie's leadership and with a longer leash from Sega

I just hope the IDW Comics have Sticks.

Ah sorry, I've always just referred the red wolf as Buddy. But yeah, I mean him primarily. I could do one of the purple cat though.

Alright which one of you punks called me weak?

This story takes place in the New 252 timeline, after the Shattered World Crisis and after the events of Sonic Forces, so maybe 3-4 years after, and 18 months-2 years after Forces. Eggman is gone, null space, dead, nobody knows. It will be more Sonic Universe than Sonic The Hedgehog, at least at the start, but some FFs will be showing up early enough on. It needs a little buildup, before the entirety of the new threat gets revealed though, think issues 252-256.

That doesn't confirm new OCs, dude.

Me. You're weak.

I don't think anyone's ever given you proper recognition for most likely being the longest-running drawfag for not just /sthg/, but the Ride and beyond. Thank you for sticking with us through all the bullshit.

In regards to the post-reboot universe, Ian made it a point to bring up that IDW is known for bringing back old comic lines, so the post-reboot universe has a chance under a line different from the main IDW comic.

During the panel, they said the comic will have characters old & new. And in meme man's stream (iirc), they confirmed that there will be original characters for the comic.

knuckles spends his time looking for special gems that open portals to a dimension storing the master emerald; the special gems only have enough energy to keep him in there for about an hour or so, causing him to keep searching for more while fighting off others who are after the gems too?

The entire internet, WEAK

Very well then. Fair enough.

so in your story sonic is canonically 20?

Same

Yes please

piczel.tv/watch/KaylaNa

Will start on the requests as soon as I'm done with this match in OW!

Weak baby boy

I like to think sticks bite is actually very leathal

Time for sleep, /sthg/

I think if they were to reboot Shade, maybe she could stick around in proper Sonic canon. I mean it's not like Knuckles being the last echidna has been relevant in like a decade right?

Also here's a second serving, I hope you left some room for more.

I guess he would. Age is just a number though. Toseed in space, etc.

I am in dire need of more TGT edits. Every one is perfect.

>"Stop staring at my butt!"

Yes, same. Gonna be gone home for Thanksgiving. Behave, /sthg/.

Infinite couldn't handle browsing the internet.

Oh, thanks I guess. I just pop in and out, lurk and maybe reply to someone. Maybe I drop off a picture.
And thanks for reminding me about that comic I never got around to making.

Wonderful.
Shade needs more loev

>I mean it's not like Knuckles being the last echidna has been relevant in like a decade right?
Same with guarding that emerald since no one seems to care about them anymore.

Maybe they could do something interesting with Shade/Echidnas though, but I feel like Sega would have to decide to do something with echidnas in game before the comics were allowed to.

Puppet pal sonc

>so the post-reboot universe has a chance under a line different from the main IDW comic.
I feel like unless there's gonna be 3 or 4 different Sonic series (which is possible), I don't think we'll see it any time soon.

First priority will probably be a Universe style comic. I could see a Boom comic line if it gets another season or game, but I'm not sure the chances of that are high.

you say that but now you are canonically calling amy 16, tails cream and charmy 12 which means they can't really act like themselves, not exactly the same

Sonic makes a cute puppet.