/wtg/ - War Thunder General

The Cock Cruiser Edition

Previously, on /wtg/: >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>A discord you can use
discord.gg/kkejYwp

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

First for slavic genocide when?

>be Don'trel "1/128th Aryan" Quandal-bashir-johnson
>play nazis because it's my heritage
>finally unlock the tiger h1, the best tank of the war (which required america to field 10 shermans for every 1)
>my gun can remove shermans left and right (just like in real life!)
>one match is an uptier, my greatest fear
>get hammered by anglos and slavs
>smash keyboard and chimp out on /wtg/

nth for sherman has good armor

The JS-6 gives no advantage

>slavs
slavs are pushovers compared to hulldown teaniggers and burger heavies

>AMX preorder has 4 rocketpanzer rockets
>at tier 4

>die to tigers in my new fv4202
wtf /wtg/ told me it was a sealclubber

The J7W is the fastest plane.

Whoa...

...speed

I love this meme where machine guns create gigantic clouds of smoke

>t people who have only shot machineguns on a carefully preened shooting range, if at all

>Looking at the ammo choices on my A3E2
>Mfw

I literally shoot guns into a fucking dirt mound whenever I go shooting you brainlet

>in my backyard, thats...a maintained and cared for backyard, over how many decades as a plot of land cultivated for the fact that it dosent explode into a dirt tornado everytime you fart on your porch

Your favourite tank and why plus one critique

ACIV, Exceptional gun, good overall mobility and solid armour capable of lucky-bouncing 88s. Plus aussie pride
Pretty shitty neutral steering though

what exactly did you expect? some super sekrit HEATFS developed in the 90s by some shithole that still used them?

>a dirt mound in the fucking desert is somehow maintained and cared for
nice goalpost moving though, slavshit

howd the mound of dirt get there lmao. did you just have a mound of dirt in you, and your predecessors backyards for 55 years

l
m
a
o
you literally have to argue that yes, youve been so fucking trailer trash youve had a mound of dirt as a staple in your back yard since 1962

This is probably the weirdest form of vodkanigger arguing. I'm not going to bother giving him a (You) anymore

>actual sandniggers arguing over dirt and sand

classic

>look! i quoted everybody!

about to save some brony from being gulaged
he even said "excellent" to me afterwards *blush*

No I just quoted all the posts you spergs were flinging at eachother lol

>All planes should have max fuel of 30 min
prove me wrong

>quotes everyone and tries to call others spergs
make it obvious you're hiding your anger, slavshit

>sperg who was just 15 minutes ago arguing about dirt and sand is trying to call others spergs

lol

seething

its literally just dirt bro
lmao

What chance does my P-51H even have against a J7W1?

>tfw spent like 1m 200k to buy p-51h (p-51h + p-51d5 + p-47n + p-38j)
>now i need merely around 800k to buy the crew and experts

>play sim air
>actually ufo passes by
how does gaijin let this happen

why do teaniggers bitch about rank 3? the church mk7 is almost as fun as the pakwagen

Dunno, Churchie mkVII is borderline indestructible and the cock cruiser is the most fun I've had in ages

Seasons greetings!

ITT things that would make the game better that Gaijin will never ever implement:

>air RB, all planes either spawn at their critical altitudes or the maps are changed so the spawns are spaced enough for them to reach them before the merge, BRs adjusted accordingly

>ground RB, heavy tanks (and tank destroyers based on the same chassis) cost increased so you they can't be spawned in at the start of the match similar to planes

>Panthers and KTs can hull break from repeated hits by any shells in excess of 75mm, BRs adjusted accordingly.

>IS-6's mobility decreased to IS-2 levels

>captured vehicles always get +1.3 BR penalty ensuring they can never fight stock versions of themselves

better hit effects and fire from the barrel

you forgot
>entire Gaijin dev team dies from alcohol poisoning

>in the 109 K
>at 6km
>spot spitshitter 2.5km below
>thisgonbgud.avi
>decide not to dive on him immediately
>suddenly spitshitter pulls up, holds W for warp drive
>I pull up, trying to get him to stall
>he's climbing like he's on rocket power
>finally get killed when he was less than 400m away because spitshitter can't shoot for shit

is balans and realism komrad )))))

good thing you're not responsible for the game, otherwise it could've gotten even worse

and I thought that it couldn't be in worse hands than our current vodkanigger overlords

>be shit
>die
>muh x!!!!
classic

>panthers and KTs can hull break
>wants to apply retarded mechanics to vehicles that are already a pain to play

Bow to me and i'll talk with gaijin about your problems

a bunch of crap desu
no idea what you meant by the last point whatsoever, but the rest is either sum randum shit like let's decrease that tank's mobility because i said so, or retarded spawn ideas like let some planes spawn on 7km while some spawn on 4, no br would compensate for that, some low alt planes are great performers so they can't be low br, or like let's people capture points with an aa truck to get a heavy tank etc

>have 2.5km of altitude advantage
>have a prop plane climb 2.5kms straight up without having a great deal of speed before the climb
>have late war aircraft fight post war aircraft simply because why not
40 million slav(e)s need to be gassed, gaijin included

+1 gorillion golden pigeons

Churchill has terrible mobility, armour that fluctuates in effectiveness and an anemic gun. Plus 4.7 means you quite often face Tigers and Panthers which you struggle to do anything against. Compared to the US Jumbo which bounces rounds, has decent mobility and better ammo choices.

And the Thunderbolt being a premium doesn't help the average Brit T3 player.

Post the replay, let's see what happened.
>don't have it
>can't webm
>based on a true story

To be honest none of that sounds like it would make the game better, except for MAYBE Panthers getting wasted by 75mm HE
Here's some of my suggestions

>fucking remove the parts/FPE grind completely
>fix the performance of US ammo specifically, and solid shot/APHE performance generally
>make more maps like Fulda, phase out the smaller ones like Japan and Korea in RB/SB

>turn current RB into RB EC - in order to make things seem less empty on the less populated rooms, and also because fuck it why not, all players, including bombers, have 3 AI wingmates like in the single player missions
>do not display the name of the player over any of the planes, just the model of aircraft, to increase the chances an enemy will attack your wingmen, rather than just focusing on you
>for every actual player in your squadron, you lose 1 AI wingman, to make sure player squadrons don't get too powerful with a wall of AI to harass and fuck over enemies
>if you die, you get the option of being zapped into the seat of one of your wingmen to keep fighting or starting over again from an airfield, maybe in a different plane
>if one of your wingmen does something, like destroying a base, killing a ground target, or getting an air kill, it gets credited to you as if you did it

>instead of World War, start working on a combined arms EC
>tanks get fuckhuge areas of the map to play around in, with various objectives dictated by a "front line" system that's influenced by players completing said objectives
>tankers can spawn at different points behind their side of the line, all random and completely hidden on the map and protected by a few AT guns
>light tanks have the ability to find enemy spawn points, to mark them for bombing by allied air pilots
>this is encouraged by the tanker getting as many SL and points as the bombers when the spawn point is destroyed
>other pilots have their own objectives to do, with rewards that are better than just harassing the tankers the entire match

>terrible mobility
aside from the low top speed it's quite agile
>armour that fluctates in effectiveness
armor is arguably better because it has smaller and stronger weakspots, sides are thicker and consistent so you can angle and slav 85mm can't magically ))) through the front plate, the only thing jumbo has over it is the turret
>anemic gun
the gun is the only other thing about it that's shit other than the top speed

I'm not even going to respond to that most recent list of suggestions due to how retarded it is. Looks like a tankfag trying to fix air RB.

Man I fucking miss RB EC

second this
i have stopped reading after that part about ai wingmen

>get instagibbed through 2 forests
>it's either a chink or slav

>being so bad at warthunder you can't instagib everyone throught 2 forests
dude it's almost like you have less than 1000 h in WT

>what is line of sight?
>what is a clear shot?
>what is obstacle?
>what is tree?

F-100 and MiG-19 when?

only internal tests
)))

non existent if you play on ultra-slav

>not playing the game the way it's intended to be played

>mb 157 stock hispanos
>120 rounds total
>axis are on deck so its my time to shine
>get around 150 m of kraut p-47
>just sparks
it goes on and on and on

>what is postioning
>what is moving patterns
>what is smoke from engine/dirt/etc
why are westerners so stupid?

>Shoot an M10 in the turret with HEAT
>Kill the commander and touch nothing else
>Back off to avoid return-fire
>He suddenly explodes and I get the kill
>Did not drop arty on him

>T-34 on the team's flank
>Fire right into his turret cheek
>Bounce )))
>We get into a stand-off at the hill
>I pop a bunch of smoke and roll down it at the speed of suicide
>Cannot pen the T-34 nigger from the front
>For some reason he doesn't bother looking at me
>Suddenly explodes as if he J'd out

I can understand the second one just being a salty slav (for no real reason because the P40 Leo sucks cocks against T-34's), but I don't understand why the M10 would have J'd out.

>playing 2 tier kraut with HEATS
>complain about non penning t34
wtf

is that gunners sight ??
gonna be fun in sim mode

>J'd out.
Is this a function of the game i dont know ?

>Kraut
Pastanigger, and no it doesn't do jack shit against M4s or T-34s. And I'm not even complaining about it, I don't really care I'll just flank, I just wonder why there's suddenly an influx of people exiting their vehicles in the middle of combat as if they're in Air RB trying to deny a kill.

>Still no word on how the fuck the Italian tank tree will work
>The very best Italian tank of the war has a BR of 3.3

Either they are going to use Romanian tanks to fill in the gaps, a prodigious amount of paper tanks, or most likely both.

or just panzers

>gunner sight covered by fin of ATGM
"no"

Why is Germany so underpowered?
>mediocre fighters
>useless attackers/bombers/heavy fighters
>tanks are shit compared to Russian stalinium tanks
>weak armour and no slopes
>can't pen the stalinium unless you play TD
>bullshit """historical""" nerfs

>About to kill the last guy needed for a battle task
>Some nigger in an 88flak shoots him, despite me blocking him from our team's view and his gunner being dead
>Accidentally drop arty on the flak truck

yeah, imagine you are in a plane that is about to be shot down or destroyed on the ground but it is not damaged yet

you immediately press j and it denies the kill to that guy who was about to kill you. if you do it on the airfield after complete stop it even saves you from the death

a great feature!

>drive to battle at 24 km/h
>kill enemy
>crippled another enemy
>about to finish him off
>get immediately bombed by the first guy

brit tanks are fine guys!

>be bad
>get owned
>cry to /wtg/

It's pretty nifty being able to do a neutral turn on a dime, but those big sides mean it's all too easy to be flanked.

Turret armour really lets the tank down, I've been penned by all sorts from US 75mm to Russian 85mm at distances I have no chance of retaliating.

In a down tier game its an absolute beast but even going against 5.0 and upwards can be a huge gamble

>get bombed
>you're bad

okay

why can't slavs and bongs squad up in tanks? literally every single other combination is possible

t. shitter

because slavs were pissed about getting sold used churchills

t. shitposter

I've never met a slav who used HVAP or understood that maybe when center of mass fails repeatedly they should start aiming for weakspots and unless you play
>arkaden
you shouldn't meet burger 76mm save for the nipp E8 that nobody uses and the slav one where the first point comes into effect, if it even has HVAP
they can or at least could a month ago, right now the only impossible pairing is krauts+ allies against subhumans because we can't have the vodkaniggers loosing too much)))

>Not even waiting at least the day before the patch drops so premium isn't wasted
I mean it's fine to be a goyim I guess but at leasy be a smart goyim

Do you think they'll ever come back?

>gaijin's server kicks me out of a game
>18k repair cost

I like you, except that I don't understand your hatred for the panther. Just shoot the turret and whoever's in it is going to have a stroke.

To be honest it seems like a lot of people think I'm in a forest! That means I'm invisible! I mean there's trees in my face! But they don't realize something's sticking out and can be seen from across the map.

Holy shit did they finally buff the burger 20mms?
Also, fuck allied teams

>QT508

RARE

>literally 30 ping
>disconnected from server
Is net neutrality already in effect?

Can you imagine being such a massive nigger that you're part of QT508?

>gaijin announce french tanks
>"""""""pre-order"""""""" available for digital goods that have no supply limitations
>people buy in droves
>waste attached premium time
>don't even know how the vehicles will perform of course they're going to be overpowered as fuck

what the fuck is wrong with people?

>Is net neutrality already in effect?
t. Ajit

Here's to your mum being gang raped by migrants

>>"""""""pre-order"""""""" available for digital goods that have no supply limitations
And how does one relate to the other?

>Mfw I a kraut T-34 somehow makes a penning 300mm+ Shot on my A3E2s side plate, from a frontal facing.

He didn't hit the edge of my front armor, he literally hit my side plating, the angle is so fucking severe. I don't even know how to go about properly quantifying and displaying it.

Holy fuck I'm mad.

>underage doesn't know the purpose of preorders

good god, the ki-84 can dick any top tier prop in maneuvrability. just look at that turn rate

>shot went off-center because lol no gun upgrade
>still hit and kill the jumbo
Aight I will take it