/niohg/ Nioh General

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armor/weapons I don't want/use?
Check if you can donate any at the hidden teahouse for daily/clan rewards. Otherwise preferably disassemble them. You can also sell them to Tome or donate to Danjo at the Teahouse if you need a bit of extra glory or cash. Later on you'll be keeping them for Soul Matching, but don't worry about that until you get to NG+.

>The blacksmith is expensive, should I be using it?
You don't need to. Throughout WotSamurai and WotStrong you will constantly be finding better gear and builds don't matter so much. Soul Matching is expensive and intended for late game. If you do find a weapon you really like, try reforging it's effects using spirit iron, it's the cheapest and easiest way to improve a weapon.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armor and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armor/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beginner's guide:
pastebin.com/PkSN7nYt
FAQ:
pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Smithing text list:
docs.google.com/document/d/1dCPVlyB7avz7yJPzST4_JBSsCTLPaZFm97QwDzTiiu8/edit#
Farming smithing texts: pastebin.com/tiYzLRug

Unique helmet list:
imgur.com/vr1oLWu

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/751lbb/abyss_has_3_sets_of_grace_patterns_that_rotate/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's the best way to earn amrita before the epilogue in new game

You don't need to farm amrita at that point in the game. You just need to git gud.

Nice meme dog, took you awhile to think that up?

>literally mining hanzo for smithing texts
Being hanzo is suffering

4th for underrated fashion

Missed the end of the thread

>Uses Tome and Tonfa

Very nice

Hey guys, do revenants drop less gear once you reach 150 or something?

They've gone from dropping 4-5 pieces of divine for me to only 1-2.

whats that whirlwind skill you doing?

>hes using tonfas

Low stance Strong into Heavenly Chain.

>tfw using moth waifu

90% death avoidance is useful when everything oneshots you.

Still worse than kato.

water is wet

tfw when to intelligent to be used by kato shitters

Why is he good?

Are kunai builds still good?

meme potential

There's a hidden achievement for using his talisman attack to extinguish every fire in Fushimi Castle.

holy shit thanks bro! finally got my plat

Wait what? Really? Why would anyone ever do that? How did people even find out about that?

trophy lists are often leaked/published/datamined long before a game comes out

How do I mitigate equipment weight level C?
I'm trying to stack stamina regen stuff but it doesn't seem to help much. Is heavy armor a pipe dream for Rirriam?

Dear /niohg/ I'm level 155 and I feel like I have no idea what to do to get stronger.
And is the Odachi viable?

ded

I'm a noob around the same level as you. Odachi is crazy good. You don't get staggered and it's a more interesting moveset than Axe.

Do you mean C agility? If so, you are much better off going B agility. With enough stamina and weight reduction you can easily wear heavy armor and stay at B agi.
Level up and get better gear.
>And is the Odachi viable?
Everything is viable if you are good enough. That said, non-LW odachi is pretty good and LW odachi is one of the best builds in the game.

>get better gear
I'm not too sure where to get better gear anymore. Do I need to start doing Abyss or something?

Go into higher NGs or do abyss.

Will do, thanks.

>people call this weak

People have really fucked up views in this game.

You get used to it. Main thing is to get shorten out of ki recovery time. Stacking run speed helps you to move around and makes it easier to tolerate. I recommend axe for the extra damage at 0 ki art because a two light into heaven and earth most likely will eat up your whole ki bar (especially with Rage on) and it ramps the damage up quite a bit.

what's the optimal amount of body should i have to survive shit on way of strong? i have 20 rn and get oneshotted from heavy attacks sometimes

All ninjutsu, onymo and lw cheesers as well as all Iai cheaters take note: this is what a quality build looks like in Nioh.

That's because tonfas are weak compared to other weapons. Simple as that. A weapon's strength is measured compared to other weapons.

Let's see that effects screen

You are using 1kat bruh.

>20 in ninja dexfag garbage
>20 in crutch magic
>1 kat

LOL

Everyone calls tonfa trash that shouldn’t be considered for end game content at all because they “hit like a wet noodle” and fights take soooo loooong. The dude is ending shit in literal seconds. How strong is the adhd in this community?

Farming revenants in NG++ is so broken. Tonnes of 170+ gear.

>debuff + paralysis 1kat iai btw

waste of time, you should keep progressing and get upgrades, not tons of same level gear

Farming revinants kind of loses its appeal past way of the strong once you realize how many +levels you are missing out on and just how much it costs to add them on.

Killing 2 skeletons and a namahage in 35 seconds is far from amazing, especially in what seems to not even be WotN.

was it 34-37 for futsunushi defiling?

spear has an underrated parry

free attack boost and final blow, spearfall cheese setup, and it seems to have a huge opening, but you seem to need to use it more predictably than reactively

reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/751lbb/abyss_has_3_sets_of_grace_patterns_that_rotate/

whoa skill damage windmill doesn't sound so bad, I use that skill often

and whoa look at my captcha, is this a sign?

that would be like 4 pictures

just for the set bonus
also you should be able to tell that the 1kat is weapon 2 from the break and parry value and that it is +0
only weapon I actually use is the odachi in slot 1

so I can get all the missions obvious

>odachi
digging a deeper hole

The dude is landing charge attacks for 20k. I’m new to Way of the Nioh and I’m lucky to get 6k out of twisting spear - but even still fights are over pretty fast.

Like, seriously, what is with the “if you aren’t first your last” mentality here? 10 seconds per enemy is slow but going faster than that is apparently a “meme cheese” build for shitters?

Just take one screenshot of the best effects you have. Doesn't matter if it's not all of them.

>being this much of a newfag

>implying non LW Odachi is broken in any way.

>implying he isn't lw

see
odachi is one of the few weapons that doesn't have some cheese skill, i.e. the perfect weapon for a quality build

>21 spirit
>lw
Sure.

>implying it isnt the easiest and safest weapon with high damage

So basically it's broken because you don't like it?

It's just an easy mode weapon without any negatives, don't fret my dude

>implying Odachi LW is anywhere near as cheesy as kusa

Odachi LW > kusa LW
Sorry you had to find out this way, user.

>tfw want to get 3 pc kigetsu but dont want to lose tatenashi elemental reduction

I'm sorry you're living in a lie, user.

>tfw 100% damage reduction by just pressing X

>onmyo is cheese
>posts his 3k damage katana
Nice meme.

That is obviously the Odachi.

Get rid of it, ele damage reduction sucks.

elemental reduction isn't that useful if you already have high firearms reduction

Join the cool kids club and wear 3 4 piece bonuses stacking CCD to like 40%+

>tfw you use 7p hayabusa
Am I being a shitter by not going 3x4p?

Hayabusa is really overrated. Half its bonuses are useless, you can temper evasion invulnerability extension onto any ethereal chest piece and the dragon sword bonus is basically just +20% ccd but only to the sword and kusarigama.

3x4 will give you more damage and more useful bonuses but there's nothing wrong with using full hayabusa if you think it's cool.

desu you're all cheesing shitters for all i care

No one uses it but I may as well ask, does the weakspot auto-lock Saika set give you mess with the auto-track trait for ranged weapons?

Wait, the hayabusa evasion invulnerability doesn't stack with the body armor evasion invulnerability? I'm mostly using it so I can stay at A agi, but is that even worth it compared to what I could do with 3x4 and B agi?

How the fuck am I supposed to know what floor to go to in the abyss to get my gear to be grace of takemikazuchi? I want to be a lightning god please.

See

2kat have nothing good about it, aside from Sign of Cross with stacked skill damage?
It looks like all 2kat attacks deal like 0.5 of other weapon damage and ki-damage.
I tried to use it as much as I can, but I cant kill even onryoki and hinno enma with 2kat.

Failed about 10 times with 2kat, just to finish them with kusa on first try, WotN.

god of wind does a lot of ki damage

Ideas for light armor fashion for a tonfa user? I have headgear disabled and I'm just wearing Kuro-Garasu

Moon shaddow, god of wind 3, shrike are all bretty gud

How? I tried to build tanky but I don't know where to get enough damage reduction

transform to maria is always the answer to all fashion questions

this guy gets it

Should I even bother with heavy armor and damage reduction or will everything in higher abyss floors one-shot me regardless?

I thought Way of the Nioh would one to two shot me all the time? This thread told me that. Once I got my gear upgraded a bit to its level, it feels like previous difficulties

Imtgis general isn’t very helpful as a resource because everyone generalizes like fuck and blows a ton of shit out of proportion. Also most people here are glass cannons so they do go down very fast.

It doesn't stack, no. You can easily do 3x4 with all light armor and stay at A agility. You don't have to use tatenashi.

I have to use at least 1p tatenashi for the firearms reduction.

I'm in full heavy armor with 6k hp and most bosses on floor 40+ one shot me easily even after removing the debuffs.

Just gotta git gud senpai

NO

This is my 3x4 build with 3 heavy 2 light and I can hit B agility at 8 stamina 8 strength by rolling weight reduction on every piece. I could probably hit A agility if I pumped a good amount of stamina but I don't really feel the need. B agility is good enough for me.

Fuck guess I'm stuck with 2p tatenashi.
Yeah, at this point it's pretty much just a matter of do I want to invest the stamina for A agi. I'll respect to 3x4 and see how much damage I get compared to my current setup.

no

William wears that armor ten times better than Shiggyniggy does.

Alright, I have a 300k glory and want to buy a transformation. Which one would you guys recommend?

What's the best set combination damage-wise for 1kat?

where do people get a million spirit stones for LW builds? I barely use my LW, mostly to just clear trash quick when clearing abyss debuffs and I'm almost out.

I play more for the voice

Grace of Futsu if you are doing literally nothing but iai chains. Otherwise take your pick of any 3 sets that give a decent CCD bonus as their 4 piece bonus.