/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

READ THE FUCKING OP BEFORE ASKING STUPID SHIT EDITION

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via system transfer, hardmod or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>PS3
[Dec 7] PS3 POSTERS HELP CONTRIBUTE AS REQUESTED BY user: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdFucpSwcOqdexs4kqUMpp9AVUXn3PswZvCEFQMwVpo/edit#gid=0
-PS3Xploit NOR/NAND flash writer & NOR dumper for 4.82 OFW released. psxhax.com/threads/ps3xploit-4-82-cfw-on-ofw-nor-nand-flash-writer-nor-dumper.3112/
-Works on all fat models and early slims (Any PS3 made before 2011), super slims aren't supported yet (expect a HENkaku-like exploit in 2018). Compatibility chart: i.imgur.com/7G3tM5D.png
>Switch
[Nov 10] Userland code execution is now possible, no releases yet. wololo.net/2017/11/15/can-now-run-homebrews-nintendo-switch-3-0-0/
[Oct 19] OFW 4.0.0 released (now 4.1.0), you may want to stay on 3.0.0 until new vulnerabilities are found. wololo.net/2017/10/19/nintendo-switch-firmware-4-0-0-released/
>Vita
[Oct 23] PKGI released, allows installing original pkg files, download & unpack pkg files directly on Vita together with your NoNpDrm fake license github.com/mmozeiko/pkgi/releases
-pkgi.txt: nopaystation.com/pkgi
>PS4
[Oct 20] fail0verflow published a writeup for their 4.05 kernel exploit. wololo.net/2017/10/20/adieu-ps4-kernel-exploit-firmware-4-06-fully-detailed-team-fail0verflow/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9s_-Kx5oV9Y
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdFucpSwcOqdexs4kqUMpp9AVUXn3PswZvCEFQMwVpo/edit#gid=0
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit#gid=597019973
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous Thread:

PS3 Homebrew was worth waiting for.

do injected wii games on wii u not have multiplayer?
i tried playing some puyo 20th with a friend but my wiimote wouldn't connect

cute butt and feet

i would've used this for an OP image but anime girls are superior

reminder 5.01 coming for Christmas guys :)

I dont really mind paying for Vita games.

But I just got a 1000 Vita for 80 bucks with a 16GB card, Shinobido and Army Corps of Hell.

I havent charged it yet to check what firmware, but what advantages can I get with a 'hacked' Vita other than playing Vita game backups?

I have a few cfw PSP's and a GPD XD for PSP games and PSone emulation

I have to update my Wii U now and I didn't even finish my loadiine games yet. Fuck

why update your wii u?

you don't, you can install the update with wup installer y mod on 5.5.1

so I can play the zelda dlc
damn son that sounds like a lot of work. i bet i'm going to regret updating to 5.2 though. oh well

you should install haxchi if you're going to 5.5.2 because the web browser hack is unstable

I haven't touched my 3Ds and DSTWO in maybe two or three years, but it's giving me that "An error has occurred" black screen when I launch the 'Alex Rider' game from the handheld's main menu. I can't understand, since I don't think anything has changed since I last played.

The 3DS firmware is version 8.1.0-18U. That's not too high to get this thing to work, right? I've been messing with it for almost an hour now, trying to upgrade the DSTWO's firmware, but still can't get past that error screen. I'm pretty sure that in the past I was able to update the DSTWO firmware using just my 3DS...

Man I just wanna play some Ghost Trick while laying in bed.

it's not really a lot of work. I would stay on 5.5.1

>inb4 image deletion

So, is the DLC up on USB Helper yet?

not yet but it's already up on private trackers

says "The Legend of Zelda_Breath of the Wild (EUR) Update v160" atm, I think that is the old update still

Eh, I guess I'll work on it now then. I've learned that rash decisions aren't the best way to live life all the time.

Question though, will I still be able to buy the DLC legally if I want to?

Hey its the temps guy from yesterday, so I reapplied the thermal paste today and when i left it idle in "SYSCON" the temp kept rising.

While temps were rising I notice that the fan was almost slient. I then decided to switch the fan mode over to the default "By User" settings and almost immediately I could hear the fan getting louder and the temps started to drop.

Do you think its feasible to leave the ps3 fan in this mode while I play games or is delidding/putting the console back in the closet the only option left for me?

>tfw cant download anything on gazelle due to hit and runs
fucking hellllllllllll

someone upload it already

>Question though, will I still be able to buy the DLC legally if I want to?
yeah

are you the guy with the 25xx model PS3?

set fanspeed to manual at 40%, leave it there forever. as long as you aren't exceeding 80c during gameplay or getting overheating notifications from the xmb then you're good.

What do people use for Wii U games now that uTikDownloadHelper is dead?

idk utik still works for me

wii u usb helper

It's safe to update my Wii U from 5.5.1 to 5.5.2 if I already have that DS VC injection hack installed, right? It's been months since I last turned it on.

Does the 3ds hack allow you to play new 3ds games? Or only older DS games?

yes

The new DLC for Zelda is the update version v160, right?

no

>tfw ps4 pro I bought was on 4.70

I only bought it for MHW. Have I made a huge mistake?

Really? Shit.
Where the cool guys are getting the DLC, then?

I got it from my tracker

Oh. Sorry, I was not in the last thread. And thank you!
How?

Is today's update for BotW v160? USB helper and the title key site don't put dates on anything, so I don't wanna waste time download an old version.

no one has the update, it isn't out for at least 2 hours

v160 is the old update

nvm the update is out

Got it from Wii U USB helper moneiro miner edition

So, sorry for being this dense, but what do I need to do to play the DLC?
I installed haxchi many moons ago and can't remember shit. If I just update normally via WiiU, I will not have the access to the DLC, right? It will be locked content?
Again, sorry, I am not familiar with DLCs nd season pass.

Nevermind, I remembered that Haxchi "unlocks" DLC content that comes with updates.

My patience paid off. I didn't have to give Bamco a single cent for Idolm@ster DLC. Fuck em.

update is v176 on wii usb helper

Just upgraded to b9s, which of these do I not need? I assume I can delete \files9 and \3ds, right?

forgot pic

maybe playing undubs for some weeb games you care for
>tfw I saw a 1000 Vita for 50 bucks but it was 3.61

You realize you can swap mobos for $30 right

You realize I don't have a Vita right?

your loss.

>buy the cheap vita
>replace the mobo
>sell old mobo for $20
You realize you missed a $60 hackable vita right?

So both the update and DLC are available for EU region on WiiUSB right now, right?

3.61+ games WHEN?

never

Weird issue with PKGi, I've installed this on a vita before, but recently got the msd card for my Vita TV.

I'm getting the "failed to download list" message. I straight up copied the ux0:/pkgi/config.txt from my vita over to my vita tv, same message. Fetches the package list fine on my Vita.

>Vita is dead
>they still fucking update the Vita

WHICH IS IT THEN

How do I do splash screens with Themely? Or do I need Anemone for that?

badges
fbi
files9
gm9
splashes
themes
arm9loaderhax.bin.bak
lumaupdater.log
tmp.chmm

Remove all of those

delete hblauncherloader and boot.3dsx if you don't use any homebrew launcher homebrew

Long-shot here, does anyone have a version of the ORAS lewd mod? Not just the bust may version. If so can you upload it somewhere?

Someone seed the IM@S 2 DLC, dammit!

Just got a New 3DS XL Galaxy and a R4 3DS Gold RTS. Updated to 11.6. Flashed NTRBoot. SafeB9SInstaller and boot9strap on SD Card. Deleted home menu folder. Formatted SD with different cluster sizes. It always give me this error. Checked everything and tried two others SD Cards, same.

What i'm doing wrong?

You got it the other way around. You can play all 3DS games and you can play next to no DS game.

Files on MicroSD.

i think everyone here is a latefag and won't have it. someone should pester the uploader to seed it, but i don't want to because i don't want to be a nigger.

>banned from psn a week after i paid my ps plus, because i didnt know i was logged in to my main acc when CFWing the ps3
boy am i stupid

F

Where can I find the Skate 3 US DLC rap files?

Don't worry, you're not alone. I did almost the exact same thing. Praying that the PC port for MHW is good

Literally paid my ps plus to play the MHW beta.
Fun fact, I think i can still play online on my side accounts on the ps4, as the ps plus license is still activated, can play the games i had downloaded from ps plus too.

Can I upgrade my PS3 from the 4.81 REBUG to 4.82 REBUG, or do I have to go to 4.82 OFW and then 4.82 REBUG?

Yeah, I was able to play a few online Tekken matches on my brothers non-plus account. I'm curious to see if it will work the same way for the MHW demo, or if you need to be a bonafide member.
Also, take care to never delete any of your digital games, because you're disallowed from PSN completely, download list included.

The demo is already out on the store, you need a ps plus to redeem it to your account, but you can make a trial acc to "buy it" and play it on ur brother's account. Also yeah, I noticed that I'll be disallowed, wonder if i can copy them to a USB or something. Sucks I lost KOF14 tho.

you can go to 4.82 rebug

whats a good song to put on a loli rape 3ds theme

youtube.com/watch?v=9s_-Kx5oV9Y

Why is theme preview so fucking spotty in literally every 3DS theme manager? It only works on 1 in 5 themes

What's a good MD5 verifyer for checking flsh.hex that doesn't need installation?

The only time I've had a problem is when I forgot to transfer over the preview image.
Maybe you're just dumb, who knows?

With the PS3 guide to installing CFW on OFW, I can just substitute 4.81 Rebug with 4.82 Rebug in all the relevant places right? 4.82 doesn't need any special steps?

>[Dec 7] PS3 POSTERS HELP CONTRIBUTE AS REQUESTED BY user: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MdFucpSwcOqdexs4kqUMpp9AVUXn3PswZvCEFQMwVpo/edit#gid=0

what's the point ?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18PTwQP7mlwZH1smpycHsxbEwpJnT8IwFP7YZWQT7ZSs/edit#gid=597019973

>Still missing Skate 3 DLC
>Still missing SSX Mt Fuji

Is Rebug CFW more taxing on the PS3? I'm idling at up CPU in Debug Toolbox. I have not changed any settings and did not install anything else. Thermal compound is new, console is 25XX.

Fuck cellphones. Idling at 69 C.

>Complete NOR Flashing as per guide
>beeps and shuts down after less then a minute
>upon restarting, rebuilds file system
>system firmware still says 4.82

Have I fucked up or is that normal? Should I try again or proceed to installing Rebug?

>rebuilds file system
why would you do that

Install Rebug. Put it in PS3/UPDATE/ and rename it to PS3UPDAT.PUP. Then do a System Update from the XMB - not via online ofc.

cmd

I said "rebuilds file system" not "I rebuilt the file system". It did it itself.

So it's good to go? It's supposed to still read 4.82?

As someone who already hacked his PS3 years ago and enjoyed shitton back in the day (last game I pirated was P5 and vesperia's english fantranslation) is there anything new with all the recently cfw influx? I mean, like new emulators, new game translations etc. Or is just people finally hacking their cfws past the older firmware?

>So it's good to go? It's supposed to still read 4.82?
Yes. You're golden. Remember when it said the hack goes from OFW 4.82 to CFW 4.82? What are you confused about. You didn't install any CFW yet.

I suppose I was just expecting some sort of visible change confirmation, cheers user.

I haven't touched much my Wii U, I'm still on 5.5.1 and haven't installed anything to it.

Currently, I block Nintendo with my router. If I'm reading this right, I could use the DNS settings, disable the router block, run NNU-patch and be able to download whatever from the eShop without the need to update?

I did get Brain Training long ago so I'd have to redownload it from there, also, I bought Zelda's season pass, can I get the update and DLC to download licitly?

The sweet visuals come after the installing CFW. What's jailbreaking without a bit of thrill?

Why am I getting a black screen when I launch ntrboot dudes

Working as intended, it's cucking you.

is there something im not getting.

Come on man I was looking forward to this all week, I just wanna play some SMTIV

my bad forgot the firmware for the r4

I was just joking, don't know what's up, good luck.