/dng/ Dueling Network General

YGO General #2669
Cute Windrose Gijinka Girl edition

Last thread:● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro Links Beta(Windows): mega.nz/#!YjwTDZZb!UPINQF4pmyg520CnFvybYaBTbuj9ZcZFqzdPx1KTpXI
>YGOPro Links Beta(Mac): mega.nz/#!cmI22RBQ!VmHBOn1Vkg-E6cdEOsoxkW9aflanBTbq1EpS5NI9AVo
>YGOPro no Links(Linux): github.com/cromerc/ygopro
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!FjI11DhB!8yUbfIJupKLXXSznZb7Ymg
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator with no judges or databased rulings
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/SD_RuleBook_EN_V10.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Premium Pack 20 (December 16)
●OCG: LINK VRAINS Box (December 23rd)
●OCG: Flames of Destruction (January 13th)
●OCG: Rarity Collection (February 10th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Dark Savers (February 24th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Curse of the Dark (March 10th)
●OCG: Starter Deck 2018 (March 24th)

●TCG: Wave of Light Structure Deck (January 19th)
●TCG: Extreme Force (February 2nd)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists 2 (February 23rd)
●TCG: Legendary Collections Kaiba (March 9th)
●TCG: Star Pack: VRAINS (March 30th)

No CaC unless you can provide a 1000 word-minimum essay explaining why your card would be good for both the current OCG and TCG metas, is more creative than all the archetypes in the game, would not powercreep Card Shuffle, and has at least 5 citations in MLA format
Go to /dlg/ for Duel Links discussion

hosting

>handtrap counter trap
These words shouldn't go together

Did you actually read it? It's shit.
>Pay half your LP to negate a trap and set it back onto the field, then your opponent can set a trap from their deck.
Unusable.

>Elemental Lords are a searchable archtype now

Hahaha time to drop Moulinglacia 24/7

>doesn't even bother mentioning ocg list

If all the elementsabers have that second attribute changing effect in grave then that's just disgusting.

Does it set the card to your side of the field or the opponent's? That's very important but either way it just negates all solemns and evenly matched.

Elementalsabers are garbage.
Set is looking bad outside of the new Topologic monster.

>dragoon at 3

Elementsaber Makani
Wind Warrior / Effect
LV2 1300/1200
(1) Once per turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY; add 1 “Elementsaber” or “Elemental Lord” monster from your Deck to the your hand, except “Elementsaber Makani”.
(2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

Elementsaber Malo
Fire Warrior / Effect
LV3 1700/200
(1) Once per turn: You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY; send 1 “Elementsaber” or “Elemental Lord” monster from your Deck to the GY, except “Elementsaber Malo”.
(2) Once per turn, while this card is in your GY: You can declare 1 Attribute; until the end of this turn, the Attribute of this card in the GY becomes that declared Attribute.

Elementsaber Lapavilla
Light Warrior / Effect
LV4 400/2100
(1) Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated (Quick Effect): You can send 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your hand to the GY; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

They're not just searchable. You can now run all five in your deck, set them up trivially, and you even get a backrow negator. And since they're all Level 8, you can go into Hope Harbinger to avoid their negative effects.

>opponent is ahead but I can pull through and win
>he disconnects
>I lose because I was behind
Great game design

haha imagine using DaD or BLS with these guys. Or mixing them with invoked. Also what the FUCK, there's now a level 4 that can negate s/t. Is this the strongest normal summonable monster that's not TKRO?

Is it safe to say this will be the "reboot" archetype of the set?

Where is my annual Summer or Autumn ghost girl loli handtrap?

>there's now a level 4 that can negate s/t

It's archetype-specific though.

Elemental Training
Trap Continuous
(1) While this card is in the Spell & Trap Zone, “Crusade* of the Elemental Lords” you control cannot be destroyed by card effects, and cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects.
(2) Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 “Elementsaber” monster with a different original Attribute than the Tributed monster.
(3) You can send this face-up card in the Spell & Trap Zone to the GY; discard your hand, then, add “Elemental Lord” monsters from your GY to your hand, equal to the number of cards you discarded.

*(We’re translating this as “Crusade” though the word is actually “Jihad”)

>that (2) and (3)
what the FUCK

Reishin no Seiden / Temple of the Elemental Lords
Spell Field
(1) Monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for every different Attribute amongst monsters in your GY.
(2) Once per turn: You can add 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your Deck to your hand, then, skip the Battle Phase of your next turn.
(3) Once per turn, if an “Elementsaber” monster you control or have in your hand would activate its effect by sending a card(s) from your hand to the GY, you can send an “Elementsaber” monster(s) from your Deck to the GY instead.

Sairin no Teioh / The Monarchs Re-Advent
Spell Equip
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Activate this card by targeting 1 monster in your GY with 2400 ATK and 1000 DEF OR 2800 ATK and 1000 DEF; Special Summon it in Defense Position, and if you do, equip this card to it, but that monster’s effects are negated.
(2) The equipped monster can be treated as 2 Tributes for a Tribute Summon.

>Elemental lords are being made a full fledged archetype and have their own babies
D R A G O N S need love too

Reishin no Seiden / Temple of the Elemental Lords
Spell Field
(1) Monsters you control gain 200 ATK and DEF for every different Attribute amongst monsters in your GY.
(2) Once per turn: You can add 1 “Elementsaber” monster from your Deck to your hand, then, skip the Battle Phase of your next turn.
(3) Once per turn, if an “Elementsaber” monster you control or have in your hand would activate its effect by sending a card(s) from your hand to the GY, you can send an “Elementsaber” monster(s) from your Deck to the GY instead.

So these actually look pretty powerful. However, their success will depend highly on whatever spell/trap support they have to speed up their strategy.

Also: hilariously, you can run Salvage with this archetype deck to retrieve any of them that have lower than 1500 atk.

The last effect of the field spell looks amazing.

>Girl
Congratulations, you ruined the long streak of waifu threads.
Then again so did the second NK one.

>(3) Once per turn, if an “Elementsaber” monster you control or have in your hand would activate its effect by sending a card(s) from your hand to the GY, you can send an “Elementsaber” monster(s) from your Deck to the GY instead.
WHAT

Looks like their S/T support is fucking insane.

>Also: hilariously, you can run Salvage
Not just Salvage. All Attribute support. I feel like Konami hasn't thought this through, especially when shit like Grandsoil is already on the banlist and Moulinglacia's borderline busted.

Are you telling me that's a boy?

Field spell or die deck.

>When your opponent activates a Trap Card: Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards for the rest of this turn, also negate that activation, and if you do, Set it on the field. Then, your opponent can take 1 Trap Card from their Deck and Set it to their Spell & Trap Zone.
>If a monster is Special Summoned to a zone this card points to: Banish that monster and as many Spell/Trap Cards on the field as possible, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each of their cards banished by this effect.
>Elementsabers in general
Oh I am all fucking MAGNITUDES of hard right now, Konami

WEW that fucking field spell.
>every monster is Abyssteus
>possible 1200 attack boost
>adding once per turn
This is fantastic.

Which one? Certainly you don't mean Elemental Lords. Reread the cards.

Wait, so what the fuck is "Crusade of the Elemental Lords" that it has a card to specifically protect it?

It's the field spell.
>(We’re investigating as to whether or not this is “Temple” or … “Jihad”, the Kanji is quite small)

Salvage is unique for being a +1 grave recovery spell.

Tekkiryuu Tiamaton / Tiamaton the Steel Battalion Dragon
Dark Dragon / Special Summon / Effect
LV4 2000/0
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.
Must be Special Summoned by this card’s (1) effect.
You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
(1) If 3 or more cards are in the same column (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all other cards in this card’s column.
(3) While this card is in the Monster Zones, unused zones in this card’s column cannot be used.

>Not making all of the elementsabers have 200 DEF so you declare FIRE attribute then rekindle all of them back
Maio is 200 DEF though but still, wasted opportunity right there

>get reckless greed negated
>reset it and set another reckless greed

The fuck is going on?
I thought V-JUMP was on the 15th.

>Elemental Lords will become another Monarch
>even more splashable thanks to Attribute shanenigans

Dear lord I sense a storm, brewing

Looks pretty shota to me.

Okay, so it refers to the field spell which is currently being translated as Temple/Crusade/Jihad of the Elemental lords? Okay. I like the protection because it really is a nice card

so they're basically shit

No dude. You have to understand that there are a shitload of "have X attribute in your GY" cards that are insanely good but ultimately shit because you're not supposed to effortlessly fill the GY with specific cards.

Think about it: Lightsworn has been the best GY engine for years now and all it does is randomly mill shit. Now we have an archtype built around consistently flooding the GY with attributes of your choice.

When you put it in that way, yeah. Most of the shotas in this game usually have the same shortpants

early since that's jump festa this month

Get lightray daedalus with the attribute changing and then blow up 2 s/t since your own field is protected.

>Banish 5 DARK monsters
Pray to all divine deity that has a fucking religion in this world that the Dark Elemental Lord isn't Return from a Different Dimension on legs.

This card still requires too much setup and would work counter to your game plan too much.

>Elemental Lords will be relevant now
>No reprints since their release
>No packs to reprint it in sight

Who's ready to see them all go to $20+ each?

>thinking you'll live long enough to use those Reckless Greeds

>(1) If this card is in your GY and you control no cards: You can Special Summon in Defense Position both this card and 1 Level 4 or lowerr Dragon monster from your hand, and if you do, banish this card if it leaves the field.

Holy shit, first that new Elemental guy who's a free Raigeki and now this?
My Blue-eyes deck is going to love this

>>Elemental Lords will be relevant now
You're out of your mind.

they wont because the archtype is still slow as shit

Someone cap all the nerds (or me) wrong on how meta elementsabers will be.

I'm saying they will be.

>Thinking Elemental Lords will be relevant
Other than Moulin, they're pretty shit

>that one time when BA tried it

It's been a bad time to be a stunfag, Jesus Christ

This, the only significant play they can do is water turbo and mememails do it 10x better already.

elementsabers are 2slow and normal summon reliant to be anything more than a meme.

I dont see people running anything else than Moulinglacia and maybe 1 Windrose, that said Moulinglacia is gonna get very expensive very fast.

>Elemental Lords will be relevant now
You asshats always do this, hype up cards because they just dropped without testing them then cry that they are shit a few threads later.

Reminder that /dng/ thinking cards are bad is the most likely sign that they're good.

>Fire is a Ring of Destruction
>Water is a Delinquent Duo
>Wind is a HFD
>Earth is a Monster Reborn
>Light is a Raigeki

What banned card will Dark be?
I'm thinking Snatch Steal or Painful Choice in terms of themes.

The vast majority here seems to be gushing about the deck so...

Reminder that /dng/ thinking cards are good is the most likely sign that they're bad.

what a time

Also the new LIGHT Elemental Lords

Remember that time a bunch of grave based attribute support monsters were revealed and /dng/ immediately called them shit?
Cold Wave

I mean relevant enough to pick up. Think about it.

>3+ years old
>No reprints
>Deck that depends on those cards

That's already enough for the prices to go up regardless of the deck is good or not. If you want to play this deck at all, pick up your shit now otherwise you'll have to wait until the set drops and TCG sees they suck.

Return from a Different Dimension

What?
>Actually searches the Elemental Lords unlike when they're teched in shit like Mermails
>Three in-archtype searches plus ROTA
>Consistently goes into literally ALL GY Attribute support; DAD, BLS, CED, and all sorts of insane techs
>Access to a frontrow AND backrow wipe, hand removal, huge burn, revival if Grandsoil gets off the list, S/T negation
>Summoning the Lords isn't hard OPT, so you get access to R8 toolbox after using their on-summon effects
Seems solid to me.

Change of Heart
Card Destruction
Dimension Fusion
Time Seal
Painful Choice
One of those.

They'll be reprinted to hype up the set.

>Everyone skipping over the new Monarch card
Fuck you niggers.

While we're on this topic, is there any reason why Konami has such a hate boner for Ring of Destruction?

They couldn't even be bothered to transcribe the effect properly, they halfed the damage it does.

steal would make sense so we get another difference between ocg and tcg ban memes
>that one format

and you'll die before you get to do any of that

You'll die before you can activate a field spell?
Please cut the shitposting and actually enunciate your point.

They're slow, have little protection, bricky as hell since the Elemental Lords and all those monsters you mentioned are so big and fuck you over when the Elemental Lords leave the field.

But what does the dark Elemental Lord do

All it does is just reborn tribute fodder but Domain handles most of your tributes anyways and it's also hard OPT for some reason.

Still 8.5/10, nice art and good idea but seems mostly winmoar.

>This fake picture still gets posted

Why was this even banned?
Seems like a fair 141 trade off when the opponent has too much advantage.

The problem was it reveals your opp' hands with little drawback.

>Too Much advantage
>Go first
>Set 1-2
>Opponent's turn
>Activate
>Shuffle their monsters back
Yeah, the advantage of going -2 for going second

Meta relevant, it will have to something like a Change of Heart, Cold+Heat Wave or a Mirage of Nightmare type of effect.

>Mirage of Nightmare
Thanks for reminding me of this dinosaur.
What was with early YGO and all the generic draw support? At least this one was decent enough to force you to run EP or waste an MST to destroy it or it would bone you for the +4.

Am I an idiot for selling Firewall Dragon now? I listed it this morning for $30 and it sold 20 minutes ago. I've had it since I pulled it at release so I could have sold it for $60 at one point. I just kinda kept it and it just kept sitting there unusable for me and losing value.

>They're slow
Field search Willard, mill two from deck to SS him. Normal Makani, discard 1 to add whoever you'd like. Link into Isolde, search whoever you want. You still have 3 cards in your hand, two of which were searched.
Just an example play off the top of my head.

And don't forget you don't NEED to bring out an Elemental Lord. They're not your only win conditions. BLS is at 3 in the OCG, so is CED. Those only require two monsters. There's also DAD (only need 3), Lightray Daedalus (4), and I'm sure there's more.

>have little protection
S/T negation on a borderline costless Level 4 monster, and access to searchable full front/backrow wipes.

>bricky as hell
Lords are searchable and recyclable so you don't need that many. They're also Trade-In targets.

>fuck you over when the Elemental Lords leave the field
Xyz with them or just win that turn since you wiped their relevant board.

I hope the elemental dudes don't pull a Weathery, they show potential but we don't know about the DARK, EARTH and WATER Sabers and the DARK elemental lord is a mystery so chances are that the rest are going to be shit.
I don't expect them to be meta relevant even if the other cards aren't shit though, Grandsoil is getting nerfed, Pyrorex is a piece of shit, Windrose is ehh at best, at least considering that the OCG has HFD, the LIGHT elemental lord is just more reasons to mock the OCG for not having Raigeki and the water lord is the best one but that guy is easy to use on Atlanteans because Dragoons searches it.

So main sets are now bad and all the meta shit is in secondary sets?

so how good is FLOD?

Well it got limited in the OCG so people are going to be panicking and seeling their paywalls for lower than 30

Still no Summer or Autumn loli handtrap so its shit

...on the other hand we have the Evenly Matched hard counter so its ok for my Pendulum Magicians

>Field search Willard, mill two from deck to SS him. Normal Makani, discard 1 to add whoever you'd like. Link into Isolde, search whoever you want. You still have 3 cards in your hand, two of which were searched.
>Just an example play off the top of my head.
>Congrats, you just did a whole lot of nothing that led nowhere. You have barely any board presence and weak monsters.

>And don't forget you don't NEED to bring out an Elemental Lord. They're not your only win conditions. BLS is at 3 in the OCG, so is CED. Those only require two monsters. There's also DAD (only need 3), Lightray Daedalus (4), and I'm sure there's more.
You have a ton of high level monsters that are hard to summon which lead to you bricking, awesome!

>S/T negation on a borderline costless Level 4 monster, and access to searchable full front/backrow wipes.
Those wipes get shit on by hand traps.

>Lords are searchable and recyclable so you don't need that many. They're also Trade-In targets.
You'll be summoning one to two Lord sa turn at most if you're using the attribute change gimmick.

> Xyz with them or just win that turn since you wiped their relevant board.
You're not going to wipe their board with all the hand traps running around. Droll alone stops most of this deck's plays.

>Atlanteans because Dragoons searches it.
And Dragoons just went to 3 didn't it?

Mermails are coming back boys, watch your back.
And aren't we missing neo Bladefly? We should see it soon.

Ah, that's true. Guess I picked a good time to sell it. Like I said, might as well sell it and get some cash and get something I actually could use or add it to my dakimakura/christmas funds

>soon
Missus was one of the first cards shown for COTD, while Mistar and Chimera were among the last for their sets

>Congrats, you just did a whole lot of nothing that led nowhere. You have barely any board presence and weak monsters.
My math was off. You end up with five Sabers in the GY and four cards in hand, one of which is an Elemental Lord of your choice. This is assuming you go first, and it's consistent since all you need is a Terraforming and one of three Warriors since the field spell searches the other.

If you throw in other options like Foolish Burial or BriFu, you don't even need your normal summon.

>You have a ton of high level monsters that are hard to summon which lead to you bricking, awesome!
Come on, don't be sarcastic. Actually argue your point.
Those high-level monsters are run in small quantities and only really need one or two very searchable cards to actually be summoned. Not to mention Trade-In.

>Those wipes get shit on by hand traps.
What doesn't? Drop a cheeky Droll or Ash on Spyral and you get to see Turn 2. Does that mean Spyral was shit?

>You'll be summoning one to two Lord sa turn at most if you're using the attribute change gimmick.
Refer back to how I said the Lords aren't your only wincon.

>You're not going to wipe their board with all the hand traps running around. Droll alone stops most of this deck's plays.
See above.

All cards shown are shit as long as the Ghost Lolis exist.