/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

FUZED Edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise is live

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i want to eat IQ's foot cheese!

>when you are trying to improve and get better but your team still sucks
Being the only constant sucks

>enemy doesn't have any kind of heartbeat sensor shit
>making minimal noise
>get shot through wall in head instantly

Am I not getting something? This happens too consistently to be hacking or something like that.

hahaha what the fuck is with the bios of the new operators? this is teen fiction shit lmao

YINGFAGS REPORT IN

>DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!
Fuck off Ubi shill. ALWAYS BUY THE STARTER EDITION!!!

to be fair It wasn't officier's fault

Vigil is okay

Lesion too. He just had a happy little accident

YOU CAN STOP WORRYING ABOUT GRENADES NOW!

Give out more details. There are many ways to approximate the position of someone by tracking them on camera or hearing them run from one place to the other.

P.S. minimal noise is still noise. If they were hugging the wall they probably heard you.

P.S.2 if you don't want to get headshoted so often walk standing or crawl, since most people have their vision pre-centered in crouched position being in an unnatural body position can help you survive a bullet or two(depending on the weapon and your armor that is).

P.S.3 if you are concerned with information gathering and tracking of your opponents i'd suggest Jackal or IQ on the attackers side and Valkyrie or Pulse on the defenders side.

what if tachanka's DP-28 killed in a single chestshot?

sauce?

what if you stayed on reddit

what do you call this combination?

ok reddo

Cancer-Strike: Shitter Defensive

Checkmate. You have a Rook, a King, and three Pawns.

something something the lord reddit

Clever

>what do you call this combination?
Anchor centric hostage team.
>inb4 why hostage
Hostage scenarios are great for Tachanka anchors since the rooms are hard to Fuse or fill with granades/spray gunfire.
>inb4 why 3 recruits
Barbed wires x3 shields x3 for maximum fortification and obstacle creation. Since this is obviously a hostage team having that many barbed wires and shields is great when the hostage room cand be cleared with granades/fuse.

so reddit actually predicted the future...

>My suggestion to fix this is to make Caveira broadcast her position in a massive 360 cone around her to all drones even through floors and walls letting them know she is near by while silent stepping

Quite the prediction I must say

Ambient occulsion on or off?

It give you no tactical advantage whatsoever

everything off except textures/lod on max

Why are so many people so gung-ho about going out of the way to destroy a welcome mat they drone out

>let a couple drones spot me place obvious trap under window
>round starts
>move mat to a different window in the same room
>10 seconds later I catch an Ash
>another 5 seconds after, I catch Hibana because I actually put two traps under the second window

"You never saw me com-"
"HEY GUYS THEY HAVE A VIGIL!"
"...don't feel so bad. Nobody ever sees m-"
"THE EFFECT IS REALLY STRONG HERE. HE'S IN THIS ROOM!"

And shadow quality at least on medium, don't forget that, fag.

I get this a lot.
Lean and peak a corner, enemy pops out and instantly kills me even though I shot a bullet to their head.
Look at the kill cam, they see me basically completely exposed and get to fire on me for a clear second.

Honestly the netcode in this game is so fucking bad, add to that the extremely low time to kill and you got gameplay that is built around netcode and taking advantage of the peekers advantage.
This is so fucking retarded, I have had other games where "lag" is a thing, I mean what online game doesn't have lag. But it's so fucking extreme in siege that it's like a gameplay element of it's own because of how much it dictates who wins a gun fight.

i experimented with both off and medium.
played with shadows on medium for about 50 hours as an experiment and i recall 3 times i got a kill purely based in shadows.
i still prefer shadows off simply because everything becomes more visible and you gain a decent fps boost.
you miss out on potential free kills but they are so rare they arent worth the general loss of clarity imo.

I always type "Hi Vigil" the second I realize they have one.

Seriously who fucking though that effect was necessary?

anybody else's game start freezing/crashing randomly?

yes
no

>be Zofia
>last player alive
>defuser planted
>get downed with too much time on the clock
>enemy defusing the bomb and teabagging the defuser
>stand up for a 3k and win the game

my dick is uncontrollably hard right now

>stdh

No webm no proof.
Come on user it's 2017 you literally push one button and shadow play makes a 5 min vid for you to easily make a webm out of.

Reporting in

>also notice teams have regularly 3-5 female ops on both sides
>fucking weird being in a "operation" and having bunch of women on both sides run around

>all these people that forget zofia's ability because it's fucking retarded and neither makes sense nor fits
shocking

>tfw you flash the room completely on hostage and grab it without even killing everyone

>didnt see you stand up even though they were teabagging
>somehow the 5 second defuse time wasn't as quick as your 10 second stand up

Why do you feel the need to lie to anonymous users on an anime imageboard?

For some reason dokkaebi's silhouette really messes with my internal IFF. It's the neutral color scheme.

So which one of you faggots is having fun spamming all those fake leaks?

Nigger at least fucking try, linking wildlands op's and then the fan-made CTU icon's from reddit lul

i want to be IQ's doormat!

It's getting annoying really. More and more waifu tier ops since the game really gained traction.

being this mad you'll never drop a stylin' play like me

i want to get bosaked by zofia.

>blacked
the absolute state of ying fags

I want to push Frost on her own welcome mat as attacker

>tfw fps keeps dropping with every update

>implying anyone is mad
merely calling you out of your made up story but as expected from a liar instead of evidence you just played the "lol u mad" card making you look even more retarded.
you played yourself.

Redpill me on Buck.

Second most fun attacker in the game after release Capitao

Soyboy version of Sledge.
>pussy ass ranged breaching
>high rpm rifle to make up for his inability to aim
>name sounds like Cuck

He likes to fuck

S P A C E E L E V A T O R M A P, N O W !

you can stop worrying about grenades now

guuuuurrrrlll Poooooweeerrrr XD Raaarw >:3

muffled autistic incels screeching in the distance
Oh hey user, dont mind me just carrying my shitter anchor team to victory hehe.

I can't believe there are people who are actually complaining about the monetization system that siege has.

A game that is plenty of times during the year on sale that you can get for @15-20 eurobucks/dollars/pounds, which is fucking dead CHEAP for a game that is going to give you HUNDREDS of hours of gameplay, and you complain that DLC's (ops) released months/years after the initial release of the game are too expensive to buy with the in-game money (which is absolutely not true unless you only play 3 hours a week and you still want to have ALL the ops).

Don't get me wrong, the prices for ops and skins and other shit could really do being cheaper (either in game money or real cash), but come the fuck on, to the point of crying about it? are you fucking serious? These people have not seen real bad monetization practices and feel entitled to too much shit I think.

>carrying my shitter anchor team to victory hehe
>this is what elafags actually believe
yeah you go out and die within the first 20 seconds failing to spawnpeek, I'll be back here making sure we actually win

kids these days are spoiled and don't want to earn shit properly

Why do I keep getting put on teams with 500+ latency on both sides filled with gooks and street-shitters?

Also what's this shit where my ADS slows the fuck down randomly, like my sensitivity is fluctuating. Though it had something to do with the model moving again obstacles but it randomly slows and speeds up in the middle of empty hallways.

tfw i literally did it again and i couldn't care less that you don't believe me

not a big fan of coastline

it's okay

>tfw went from silver last season to plat this season

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying

A lot of the larger maps and maps with a large area surrounding the "house" are shit.
They're better designed for some kind of stupid mode like team deathmatch with respawning, which I don't think would be so bad for this game but it's not really this game's style.

Killing Floor 2 had a similar problem, made maps too big and people get easily spread out and move too quick because they're worried that they're overexposed.

Should they remove the "VIGIL IS RIGHT HERE" indicator from cameras while he's around and cloaked

I feel like it defeats part of the potential appeal of vigil when you instantly know when he's around in setup and you still know when he's at least close in-game.

>don't mind me, im just running around the map aimlessly until i get headshotted by Glaz through a window, the shitter anchors can handle things like objective control and trapping, i need my mines for offensive plays
>wtf team couldn't hold the objective 4v5, what a bunch of shitters, heh good thing i got 0 kills and 3 assists to show my team i am carrying them
If you pick a roamer i automatically hate you, roamers are the most selfish fuck team look at this play dibshits that run in headfirst and get themselves killed then blame the team for having hard time pulling a 4v5 win
Id rather have Tachanka than Ela on my team

I don't think they'll ever do that
What I want them to do is increase the radius so it's xboxhueg

but the entire damn point of vigil is that he's invisible to cameras but he isn't actually invisible to cameras it's not that hard to figure out where he is

it's not like he doesn't have counters, anyone with an EMP, jackal, hecc even dokkaebi just hits speed-dial and you know where he is

>anyone with an EMP
i mean thatcher for some reason i remembered more than one character having something like that but i'm pretty sure the closest thing is twitch

jesus how fucking bad are you to spew out all that shitter nonsense?

Just increase the radius, at the minute, with some sort of map knowledge you have an idea of where he will be holding an angle. Yesterday in bank playing as Buck, I decided to enter through the ground floor 2 windows at the little office in the main lobby, I droned out the office first and went into the elevators hall and caught his signal as soon as I turned the corner, so I had a pretty good idea of where he might be. I buck'ed the small office wall and right there he was. With a bigger radius I wouldn't have been able to do this.

>be on defense
>lock in Mute
>ally 1 locks Doc
>ally 2 locks Rook
>ally 3 locks Mira
>ally 4 locks in Caveira
>round starts, Caveira bum rushes out without reinforcing walls or taking kevlar
>bunker down on objective and look out for drones
>attackers start moving, head over to cameras to check what we are up against
>can't find enemies, 2 cameras get broken pretty fast so know their approximate attack direction
>Caveira gets killed by Blitz
>"wtf lag" ping 46 and steady
I hate roamers

Bad enough that roamers in my rank die without taking anyone down with them

so your problem is you don't hate roamers you just hate people who are as bad as you are playing roamers

Are you Silver or lower?

Sure, every team needs two or three guys to cover the objective more closely. But you also always want to have people that can flank and surprise enemies.

What you're saying reminds me of when most defenders just sat in the room, waiting to be killed, at release.

How many hours of gameplay do you currently have?

>mfw fuze on release

>Let's all hunker down in the objective so the attacking team can just walk right over enter any way they like.

Roaming isn't playing call of duty away from the team, it's making the attacking team wasting time because they're scared of you showing up and flanking them so you they get picked off easily

I don't play roamers, i play mute, rook and mira

High silver, at what ranks do roamers start to be useful?

43 hours

so copper?
theres a reason why the roam game is the most important part of the defence.
in what world would 5 people sitting on 1/5th of the map actually pressure the attackers and stop them from shooting you like fish in a barrel.

I feel ya

>Not being a roamer
enjoy the site pussy boi

>I don't play roamers
How about you play the reread what I just fucking said operator

>High silver

At what rank are the roamers actually useful, in high silver 90% of the time they get 0 kills and just bitch at team or at lag when they are dead

At platinum

>reinforcing all walls from objective to toilet on border and leaving me with no time to get to contested objective
>fucking off on dostoevsky, leaving objective
I need a fucking break. Why the fuck do you go that far away? Go up the floor near a hatch to drop down, go across two rooms, DON'T GO ACROSS THE FUCKING BUILDING AND DIE TO GLAZ!

>enjoy defending the objective while i attempt to make a kick ass play and get owned by 3 people
Will do

I hope to god you're kidding me

>43 hours

user at the moment you literally can't possibly have a clue how the game really functions. You might think you do, but you clearly don't.

Roamers are usefull at all levels but you need to know the map, common entry routes, common outside window peeking routes together with where a claymore might be, and much more. All of these things are shit you are not going to see at silver level because people just simply lack KNOWLEDGE, so that is why you see ignorants running out of the room without reinforcing, staying on the very furthestmost point in the map for the whole round without doing nothing or dying too early by an enemy roamer.

>I hope to god you're kidding me
No? At high ranks there's nly 2-3 people on the objective, everyone else roams nearby

I love small maps no roamer bullshit

why don't you try playing a roamer and figure out what they're actually supposed to do? yeah people can be shit with them, but if you learn you can always pick up their slack instead of getting shit on at the objective.

>High silver, at what ranks do roamers start to be useful?
Well, I'm perpetually locked in high gold and I'd say that smart roamers are the difference between victory and defeat. Now on this level there are still those retards that do what you described before, but it's not like those shitters would've been much more useful sitting in a room.

In a perfect team I have some reliable and calm guys sitting in the room and just keeping the objective safe while two players keep pressuring the attackers by constantly flanking and attacking them. They don't even need to actually kill the attackers every time, they just have to keep them stressed so that they can't just scout the room and kill everybody, like they otherwise could.

Imagine that all five players are inside or just outside of the objective room and the enemies bring Fuze, Ying, Glaz, Thatcher and Thermite/Hibana. The first three of these operators are generally pretty bad, but what would you do when the pucks and flashes started raining in while you're getting picked off in a completely smoked room with most reinforced walls gone?