/fog/ - Fallout General

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

>/aco/ thread:
>Pre-war thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47270/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34933/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8384
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>

An unpopular opinion? Most of the people who think Fallout 4 is the best Fallout game are probably not older than 16. That is to say, most of them
aren't old enough to have played any previous game objectively and don't have the tools to critically evaluate a game on its merits: FO4 is new, is
shiny, and they believe they are being unbiased. They aren't. Some individuals have thoughtfully arrived at the conclusion that FO4 is best for them,
but that is extremely uncommon: in that particular age group

Oh, so it's copypasta.

Obsidrone, would you kindly fuck off? The newest fallout offers more stuff, so that means it's better

No idiot, he's just reposting it here

You've gotten a lot farther than you should have.
But then, you haven't met Frank Horrigan, either.
Your ride's over mutie.

Time to die.

Fallout 4 is objectively just a poor mans fallout 2

>Goodneighbor is a poor mans New Reno
>Vault 81 is a poor mans Vault city
>Diamond City is a poor mans shady sands
>The institute is a poor mans SHI HQ
>The Prydwen is a poor mans enclave oil rig
>Sanctuary is a poor mans Arroyo
>Far Harbor is a poor mans Redding
>The Nucleus is a poor mans Cathedral from Fallout 1
>Acadia is a poor mans broken hills
>Vertibird transport is a poor mans highway man
>Nuka world gangs are poor mans new reno families
>ADA is a poor mans skynet
>Valentine is a poor mans Cassidy
>Piper is a poor womans Miria
>Strong is a poor mans Marcus

Why is everything in Fallout 4 a cheap fallout 2 rip-off?

To be fair, Fallout New Vegas is also just a poor man's Fallout 2

>download x-02 mod
>remember it having a few bugs but figure they've probably got sorted out
>get it from the glowing sea red rocket that it's in for some reason
>take it to a pa workstation
>"oh neat it has unique mods"
>hover over them to see what they look like
>pa torso now has the cryo and telsa bits stuck to it
>have to quickload to get rid of them
oh

You can say the same about every fucking Fallout game.
>The Strip is a poor man's New Reno
>Tennpenny Tower is a poor man's Vault City
>Megaton is a poor man's Junktown
>Goodsprings is a poor man's Shady Sands
>REPCONN Test Site is a poor man's Hubologist place
I will be pissed if you're just meming and I wasted my time on a reply.

>Why is everything in Fallout 4 a cheap fallout 2 rip-off?
Because Bethesda is too incompetent to come up with an original and rich game on their own.

they keep saying it's a vanilla bug yet I've never encountered anything like that on the vanilla tesla armor
and reverse dadquest

jesus

>Fallout 4
>A bad copy of anything
Yeah fuck off, it's the most original in the series, only thing is that it somewhat reminds me of fallout 3. But hey that's good thing really

>Look brutha, we found tha Tahk!

>Obsidrone, would you kindly fuck off? The newest fallout offers more stuff, so that means it's better

Fallout 4 offers 220 "yes, no, sarcastic and yes quests" and New vegas offers 171 deep quests with deep dialogue. Keep in mind unmarked quests do not count otherwise New vegas would have way more quests than Fallout 4

I know which game offers more and better content and that game is called Fallout New Vegas.

>Yeah fuck off, it's the most original in the series
The Institute is literally following The Master's plan of creating a super species but they can't reproduce.

>and New vegas offers 171 deep quests with deep dialogue
lmao

>Deep dialogue
I is scientistic.

I wanna put a ring on KLE0's finger!

If you include misc quests than New Vegas blows fallout 4 out of the water with 257 intriguing quests, while Fallout only has a meager 247 quests with most of them being fetch and kill and loot quests.

You faggots were kicked out of this general because you can't stop shitflinging every two seconds.

lolololol
FO4 has infinite quest lolol

I wanna put a ring on KLE0's cock

Is it just one autist ironically shitposting or are people falling for any bait these days?
The ironically merely pretending xD shitposting is going overboard these days.

>raiderboy is solemnly on his knees, burying his raider friend in an actual cemetary
>person comes out of the woods and beats him to death with a wrench pinching a railroad spike without as much as a word exchanged

really gets your noggin joggin about who's the bad guy

>bigger than average super mutant who got the non-retard FEV
>in power armor
is there anything in the wasteland stronger than frank horrigan?

I'm the user who was having issues with saving and loading my game in the previous thread, tried the suggestion I got and it worked, thanks.

It was just a shot in the dark that used to work on Skyrim, i'm actually surprised it worked lol.
Good for you.

How would Caesars Empire be after he conquered New Vegas and had his synthesis with NCR?

Any mod that allows me to rename settlers with any name I like?

Is that mod that add new weapons good or it breaks lore really badly?

He wouldn't live that long.

Whats your Name and Settler Renaming but i heard it's kinda buggy.

What weapon mod
There are hundreds

>raiderboy is solemnly on his knees, burying his raider friend in an actual cemetary
>person comes out of the woods and walks nearby, raider pulls out his gun and opens fire

maybe the bad guy was the friends we made along the way

>tfw no expansive marshlands

Pic related except without the racial ideology.

does MO really not work on fallout 4? I like being able to set up profiles

You know no one really cares about dialogue in this general right? So fuck off with your new Vegas shit. Drip that old as fuck game and upgrade Gramps

>tfw no long stretches of lonely road to travel

Yeah MO is dead for Fallout 4, use NMM

Damn what do you use for different characters?

>tfw no Mantis bot to help build our shit shacks

FO4 has an inbuilt profile system.

So here's that dumb idea I had brewing in my head
>game is set 5 or 10 years after FO4 and assumes BoS victory, whatever
>new character, you wake up in a sky high apartment built from scrap but attached to a skyscraper like the one seen in the diamond city concept art
>Bunch of vertibirds fly by, implication that BoS presence is strong
>Ride an elevator down, Boston is very clearly under BoS authority and it resembles a police state
>In between the civilians, you see occasional groups of soldiers rushing down alleyways
>Pass by another apartment being raided, watching some power armored knight break down a door
>Fliers on the wall warning of the synth menace, such as "HAVE YOU SEEN THIS "MAN"?"
>Mass Fusion is the new Brotherhood HQ and it's locked down so tight that no civilian can even get within a block of it
>Among the biggest early game moments is the Prydwen being sent off, big ceremony with cheering people and propaganda blaring
>Maxson or Kells make some big speech about their grand endeavour as Liberty Prime is loaded onboard, and awards a medal or whatever to the Sentinel you played as in the last game, fully suited in power armor so the identity is never really revealed before he/she too boards the Prydwen
>Fireworks, confetti, etc. as the Prydwen leaves for Philly or NYC
>No real grand quest to save the world this time around, you're roleplaying as some dude in a post-apocalyptic dictatorship
>But since we're dealing with Beth there's some sort of daddy and son main quest
>Only real threat is the heavily patrolled Glowing Sea, which is expanding for some reason and nobody knows why, CoA presence there has increased massively
>Most of the game proper is spent in Boston where there's a lot of interlaced scrap renovations and buildings woven into the pre-war structures
>Also thus is a large focus on verticality and there's a lot of routes from one place to another via roof, alley, or street
>at some point you encounter Gunners using a working APC, ditto

Weaponsmith Extended

So Wolfenstein?

>tfw no "RadBats" to harass you downtown

Really? Where? I don't remember that

Mememen or the institute will be the canon ending of fallout 4. Bos is overrated and overused.

A lot of FO4 concept art seems very rainy and wet, I kinda like that

Mememen is the canon one. Beth pushed them too hard

>tfw no big as fuck Storks to fight and possibly use as mounts

>tfw no variation between feral ghouls

Bethesda will force the mememen in obsidians next falloit game in the west coast since bug$thesda cares more about "fun" than lore

Well Wolfenstein was all just killing nazis in whatever ways you found fun and leading a group of degenerates in open war against said Nazis.
This setting would be more gritty, serious, and instead of the BoS just being the big bad guys they're simply the dominant faction that you would still have the option of joining for the MQ

>Bos is overrated and overused.
>implying Bethesda gives even two fucks about whether something is overused
BoS is Beth's poster boys and "good guys" for Fallout, even if they were more morally ambiguous this time around. The Settlemen are literally a Yes Man-esque back up and I doubt the Institute, the "Bad guys" will get their ending.

But there is.

I really don't like ferals as an enemy. They're absolutely everywhere and once you know what you're doing, they're hardly a threat. Maybe it's because I'm just sick of zombies being in almost every fucking game for the past 5 years.

>tfw no spooky observatory full of unknown pre-war treasures

>Bos is overrated and overused.
tute soyboy detected

>T60 on the cover
>Mememen
you're half right

>setting it in boston again when half the fun of these games is exploring brand new places
>setting it in boston again when beth can set it somewhere far enough away that they don't have to pick a canon ending and piss off half the playerbase

you're hired

>tfw no body horror

Thank the lord you don't work for Bethesda.

Yes that is a really dumb idea, please never consider getting into game design.

Danse gets kicked out of the Bos, which is probably why you see him fight alongside mememen on the cover.

>tfw no super intimidating Coursers

post christmas

I REALLY wanna know why they went with toilet armor over those pieces

>Could've gotten some neat as fuck sci-fi armor and even cooler modular pieces
>Just get leather trenchcoat that looks like it's covered in oil and toilet armor
What a disappointment
Like the rest o the game

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47270/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34933/?
Do you think anyone will ever make something like this for 4?

can i download fallout 4 vr for free yet

>Coursers are drummed up to be big badasses, one clearing out Greenetech singlehandedly
>Capability to use something similar to VATS and think so fast that it's like time stops for them
>X6 casually states that he can easily kill everyone aboard the Prydwen without a second thought
>Commonwealth deeply terrified of them

>In game they're pretty much just slightly spongier synths that can use stealth boys
>A dozen are tossed at you if you choose the mememan ending like candy and are chewed up just as easily

What would be really terrifying (but then again eventually fucking annoying) would be the world pausing and hearing the VATS noise, but instead of percentages appearing on the Courser, they'd appear on YOU and you had a chance of being hit, having high AGL or LCK can reduce the chance you're hit

Why the fuck would they? NV is so bad that not even the good modders like Elinora would touch anything related to new Vegas

>tfw no Boston airport town

not cracked yet but i or someone else will surely post to this thread when it is

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8384
enjoy

^

>tfw no pockets of civilization scattered throughout the map

If i give you a (You) will you finally stop?
Pretending to be retarded still makes you retarded man. Reconsider the lifechoices that brought you to the point where you're spending days ironically shitposting in a Veeky Forums general.

Would've liked to have Richter as a companion

Literally first hit when you search for legendary on Nexus.Come on man.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042

>tfw no Boston Shipyard Settlement

Is this threads literally just
70% comparing Fallout 4 to the previous games in the series
20% lewd mods showoff
and 10% actual Fallout discussion?

Everyone can see the artbook themselves user. You don't have to spam literally each of the 370 pages.

Why does /v/ermin hate Fallout 4, yet they love games like Zelda and Witcher 3.

Has /v/ermin been taken over by reddit

yup
welcome

What do you want to discuss user? Go on.

Its been 2yrs. Discuss something that isn't faction or lore shitposting.

>Stop sharing your opinions

That's not fair. At least 10% is waifu posting followed by another 20% of shitting on said waifus.

Everytime they compare fallout 4 to the previous titles, soyboy obsidrones loose their shit when they realize no one cares about their broken ass game.

Is it possible to play vanilla survival without a gimmick build?
>scaling for enemies is fucked
>everything that isn't a base level raider is a damage sponge
>Walking decrepit corpses do stupid amounts of damage and attack in massive swarms
Don't even get me fucking started on the "big" enemies

Alright I 'm pretty much done anyway, and with that said

>tfw no sprawling town that'd be full of interesting characters and quests and rival the size of Goodneighbor, Diamond City, and Rivet City combined

Legion rocks

New vegas is a rich man's Fallout 2. As it doesn't spam memes at you

>middle of December
>no Winter Overhaul still

Just fuck my life up

Yeah, just more bad writing.

Yeah just blow up everything. Even without demo expert, explosives are super effective. Also nukes and chems. I killed Colter in one shot on survival low level with just psycho, a fatman and a crit.

Define gimmick build.
You sure must dedicate your character to a specific build and even then you're going to end up pissed off when you get killed by the engine or stuck in a rock.

>and rival the size of Goodneighbor, Diamond City, and Rivet City combined
That would be terrible.