/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One Jan 26, 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Public Beta is OVER
↳Paris trailer 10/30: youtube.com/watch?v=64ql8jQBgsw
↳Third Fleet trailer 12/8: youtube.com/watch?v=8RIaU9kpA8Q
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=wL5NiOc64ag
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>Quick Reference
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
Gen, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHW, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous hunt:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M58YnsSu73g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huntresses

World will sell 6 million.

who beta withdrawals here

I sure hope so fellow hunter

Hanako for World!

Huntress asses.

I would be a little less depressed about this if my TV didn't fucking explode on me on the last night of beta.

if Horizon Zero Shit sold 8 million, I hope at least the game featuring that ugly hag will sell close to that.

me

Not even you TV could handle the wait, user

Horizon sold 3.6 million copies as of the beginning of November
World can easily outsell that

Now that the endorphins are all worn off let's begin

>The weapon you expected to like the most
>The weapon you expected to like the least
>The weapon you ending up liking the most
>The weapon you ending up liking the least

>hunting horn
>DB
>LBG
>SA

GS
everything else
GS
everything else

Handler in every cutscene!

>Charge Blade
>DB
>HH
>DB

so cute! i want to marry the handler!

Does anyone here with normie friends know how the general public reception is? Is there much shitposting about it being slower and clunkier than souls, or is it going well? I hope it picks up in the west so it can have more money dumped into it. The devs seem like they know what they're doing so I'm not really concerned about it becoming overly dumbed down.

>Charge Blade
>nothing really
>Bow
>HBG

Switch Axe
Gunners
Switch Axe
CB tfw too much of a lazy brainlet to learn CB

all of my normie friends are hyper normie, they only have xbones

>HH
>all the gunner weapons
>GL
>SnS

Dual Blades
Didn't try more than half of them so I had no expectations
Bow
Longsword. I like the idea of the weapon but landing the full spirit combo to upgrade the sword will never not be annoying.
>Charge Blade
>Difficult to learn
Sure, it's nice to know the guardpoints but you don't even need those to play the weapon.

You only need to land the final slash, and it has a ton of forward momentum

my friend that never played MH but liked horizon said "why the fuck wasnt MH on ps4 befeore , it's so much better than horizon" so yeah , I think it might sell more

>Didn't try more than half of them
Why

Yeah, but you're probably going to get charged before you can get that far.

I don't really have any normalfag friends, but my friends who were kinda interested in MH but didn't want to bother with the 3DS (one has hand problems, other had a broken 3DS and didn't care enough to get it fixed) are super hyped.

That's what the fade slash -> spirit combo shortcut is for, sidestep some shit and go ham. You get the hang of it.

Will you be playing a male or female hunter?

No, that's what the foresight slash -> spirit finisher is for

Based on what I've seen from streamers and twitch chat it seems like a lot of curiosty but very positive. World is pretty much the only high-profile, widely-available monhun, so this beta is a lot of people's first look at the series. And since the game looks and plays great, I think it'll do very well.

I've played enough male hunter. Especially now that we have good graphics I just want to play dress-up with a cutie.

Realtalk: Sliding attacks are the coolest new addition.

I've played female in every game up to this point, but I'm going male this time. Impractical female armors look strange with the world artstyle, and I like the idea of the brotherly hunt.

I'm spamming through the character creation process. So whatever is the default in the final game. I ain't got time for that pointless shit when there's hunting to be done.

Bow
Dual Blades
Tie between Gunlance and Charge blade
Dual Blades

Hammer
sns
Lance or GL I can't decide
sns

Did the majority of old series veterans enjoy the beta?

I'm getting mixed signals here and there.

Most of the people who disliked it also disliked anything post-FU.

I really enjoyed it. After the cluster fuck that was X/XX I'm hopeful

the only people who didn't enjoy didn't play it

Male
CAN'T STOMP THE POMP

ive played every monster hunter ever since freedom unite and i went into world expecting to shti all over it
turns out it was really enjoyable to play. they improved every single weapon just like A SEQUEL

Of course I use that shortcut. It's still annoying in ways that no other weapon's resource management is.

Started with FU
It was super fun and proved that it could be difficult, but nobody can deny the blatant casualization/westernization anymore. the series has come a long fucking way

The coolest new addition is the gl bitchslap and boom fuck

Sliding is cool tho

The spirit combo does a fuckton of damage so there's no reason not to be using it a ton, even if you have to roll out before the end. The big step forward on the last swing lets you dodge a lot of shit too.

>tfw didn't get a pukei-pukei bf during the beta

Greatsword
Insect Glaive
Gunlance
Hunting Horn

Missed the new thread
You could play an extra song, or just encore for damage. You don't have to go into a ground pound. Unless you can actually fit in 2 songs + and encore, it's not worth it to play more than 1 song at a time.
Precisely because encore does so much damage now, you want to always be doing 1 song recital > encore so you WILL end up playing lots of songs that there's no reason to play more than 1 song at a time.

>yfw the climax of youtube.com/watch?v=M58YnsSu73g plays during the big finale hunt.

greatsword's launch caught me off-guard every time but i loved it

I'm having withdrawls so I started up P3rd since I never got around to playing it. This hotspring/drink thing is really fucking tedious to do before a hunt. Is there some trick i'm missing? I do enjoy the aesthetic though.

sliding and time progression were 2 of the best fucking things. Not even slide attacks, just sliding on slopes is fun as fuck and makes things feel fast paced as you slide to catch up to a monster.

You can focus on dps all you want. I'll play how I want.

Proof of a Hero still gets me amped too everytime the cymbal crashes and shit get involved

Please use one of the two

Male since it's part of the role of being the boring motherfucker who goes GS and SnS

>driven by the stars
hm, what if that one autist from a few threads back was right about the final monster in World being some kind of alien?

This really hurts me.

I generally always go male since I basically make a version of myself in game to play as, but since the character creator is so good now I could make the perfect waifu, and even take her helmet off while keeping the stats.

>the reason the monsters gather every 10 years on this island place is due to the stars alignment
>an alignment that also coincides with some hyper-Fatalis variant appearing
>noticing the island has been set upon by humans, it's primed to wipe out the fleets stationed there
>Your mission?
>Slay the Star God

Is that the new, previously unheard song, supposedly from MHW? Stars and all that. I've heard someone mention it quite some time ago, but haven't actually found it myself until now.

>not playing a GS huntress for the irony
I'm gonna make her as small and scrawny as possible.

>HH
>IG
>Lance
>IG

Male. Then if I love the game enough, I'll roll with female my 2nd time around.

>le epic loli wields le epic big weapon

>world will be bloodborne 2
gimme

>that one autist from a few threads back
The ayylien monsters has been a running joke ever since the official MHW site launched.

The MH Orchestra album has been out for like a month

I was the only person in my group of about 10 people that had actually any experience in the series. Mostly of them are sold on it, a couple of them liked it but just did each mission once and thought "there's nothing else to do", the idea of doing their fights a second time held not value for them. So I think that's the problem some normies will have, that they just want to play it for the story and the grinding for gear is going to push them away

Plenty of normalfags play shitty MMOs, the demos lack the gear progression (and going full autism and making optimal sets for dealing with monsters you hate)

None of my friends who claimed to be interested in MHW tried the demo. Although only two of them have a PS4, and one is a semi-NEET who didn't want to renew PS+ just for this.

your friend is an idiot. all he had to do was make a new account and get the 3 day free ps+ trial

>always played solo order with randoms, no friends that actually played MH
>watching my best friend go from "mitebcool" to "holy shit I'm so excited how have I never played an MH game before this is incredible" as the beta was up
>he's now as anxious as I am for this month long wait
>knowing I'll finally have a true bro by my side to hunt with

I mean, that's just what I think. But he's also busy playing Nioh and some other shit right now. I guess he wasn't THAT interested in the beta.

What's his weapon choice?

Skin flute.

>Tamamitsune body lotion

>Your mission?
>Slay the Star God
Ummm... sweetie, that's not our target.

Will I become a Tama

where can i get this
i need to jack off with this

I know that feel. I completely went in thinking Anjanath would be G. Jaggi tier and feel like a nerfed Deviljho. That wasn't even close to the case.

>tfw I've warmed up to the rather homely-looking handler
>everyone hates her

>wake up from long nap
>dreams of hunting
>well, let's go boot up World
>remember

Isn't he? I mean, you're over-geared and over-equipped in the beta, but Anjanath was a pushover regardless.

Does it have Tama's smell?

>Anjanath was a pushover

Oh, a tough guy huh? Well the experience was lightyears ahead of a little Jaggi running in the room, full of good twists that should prove much more gripping to newcomers learning to hold things down.

I love her!

HH
HBG
IG
GS

she's not even homely or ugly. she's just not uguu kawaii anime cute pandering bullshit.

Anjanath isn't a "newcomer" encounter. He's 4 star. They're going to kill dozens of monsters before they fight him.

there is no way we don't get navirou or hanako at some point with how palicos can ride monsties

>Watching random world GL videos
>See Jap video showing random changes
>Shelling only flinches other players now
Does this also apply to charged shells?
>Can aim WF upwards
>Recoil seemingly increases the more level it is
Muh dick.

We'll see if they really add enough fluff for things to work out that way.

Well he didn't say dozens of DIFFERENT monsters

is there any smart way to choose upgrade paths for your weapons?

Exactly. By the look of Arekkz's videos the main story missions are tied to your hunter rank or something like that. You're not allowed to take them on until your rank rises. They probably make you do side missions to rank up, and those side missions will have you fighting the same monsters, maybe multiple weaker ones. Or capturing a monster you already hunted previously.

I've heard someone mention that Anjanath is the last thing you fight before the story boss, or something along those lines.