/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>Current Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Theres_Golems_in_Those_Hills/

>Upcoming Event
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/The_Starlight_Celebration

>Patch 4.18
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/fb2cfeec68d0da7ae33b84f5c2eee0e39c815192

>Callback Campaign:
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/T2WfQk1m

last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jXCag884YtE
youtube.com/watch?v=o3G6L8doFcw
youtu.be/EDr_krEQNrU
youtube.com/watch?v=GutM23LLpP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

would you succ a catboy??

yes, repeatedly

Why did the other thread get deleted

Post pits!

Bang~

pm me

Post characters you like or things you would like to see improved on 4.2.

why am I up this late when no one is ever online to hang out with

I'm doing it right now

ya

cuz it had something mean in the OP

because yes

I feel like I am a loser because I'm a RDM main. Everyone says it's too easy and boring and the worst dps

okay... but are you having fun?

Play what you want. No one should really give a shit about composition unless they're doing bleeding edge content, and even then you're given some wiggle room if you know the job inside and out. The only people who put stock into THE META while doing low or mid-tier content are tryhards who will probably never really amount to anything and you're better off not playing with those kinds of people since it bleeds into other aspects of their personality.

Why do I never see anyone with these glasses?

no because they are disgusting

Why isn't Ishgard a GC yet?
I liked the melee during the main story quest when we were fighting on ishgard' side

Glasses are dumb
Glasses on fighters are even dumber
Kys

Because they're hipster trash meme tier glamour. Anyone who uses them I'm going to assume is either doing it ironically or they shop exclusively at Spencer's Gifts/Hot Topic and have the entire collection of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Lenore under their bed.

They have been tainted forever.

By all accounts they don't need one since their anti-dragon force just becomes a general purpose anti-shit-fucking-up force.

In actual mechanical reasoning I guess it's cause PvP is three way and adding a fourth GC could have meant having to look back at that.

Despite being allies they still have no real interest in things outside of Ishgard. They're really insular which given their history overall isn't surprising. They were fighting a generations long war and then they find out it was all fought over a lie which damn near uprooted their entire leadership.
So they're more martially independent but more broken than the other 3 combined when it comes to governing.

is right too adding a fourth GC would involve map reworks in PvP and apparently that's asking too much.

Post your character and what you're listening to!

anyone wanna hang out

Who is the best Moonie?

How are tanks?
Still like release?

this on repeat youtu.be/jXCag884YtE

ya sure

theres like 3 who are top tier. zombie, lethe and someone else whos name i dont know.

what does this even mean

>ya sure
pass

>just finish up shinryu ex two weeks ago
>nice, ilvl 335 weapon
>welfare gear upgrade for ilvl 340 weapons are now from rauba coins
>grudgingly queue up today
>total shitshow just like I imagined

What in the actual FUCK is wrong with the IQ level of fucking tanks in this game? I check the stance of the other two tanks and they're in deliverance and darkside. I pop shield oath in front of them and I begin a count down of 15 seconds. DRK runs the fuck in and spergs the fuck out.

FOR SOME FUCKING REASON BOTH OF THE TANKS ARE NOW IN TANK STANCE AGGRO WARRING EACH OTHER

I fucking lel and type "Well, tried to do that countdown friends" and switch to sword oath like paladin should be starting in anyways. i don't know how the fuck this DRK managed to die, but he managed to die before the fucking flume toad phase, but the boss was just raping their alliance and we died to fucking aqua sphere's being not being fucking ded. I tell him to not to MT if he can't even live through the easy sauce mechanics (surprisingly this did not net the amount of carebear responses I had anticipated, I had none at all). Also had to tell the warrior to have some respect for the healers and not keep them playing the guessing game by being in fucking defiance and using BB combo over and over again....AFTER beginning the fight in deliverance (not like anything hurts in this, but fuck aggro wars)

>mfw they straight kick the DRK from alliance C after the first fight
>someone from alliance A marks their tank as target to ignore
>someone from my alliance sets me as mark 1.
fucking kek.

I wanna cum on those pits

really gross

I do Rabanastre right after reset because it seems like all the competent folks try to get it out of the way right away. It's generally a lot better and I've yet to have a bad experience with that.

We should do what the JPs do and have alliance B always main tank

youtube.com/watch?v=o3G6L8doFcw

lethe is a suncat you retard

youre thinking of the wrong lethe then, goober

meeting a handsome nekohusband under the mistletoe

>//

Anyone wanna party

Making airships?

Nah just thought I'd make a stack of ingots after constantly capping out on seals

It's not even the baby shit ez raids. even in "midcore" (lol) content like shinryu ex

>join a "farm" party
>warrior stays in defiance for the entire duration of the fight
>2.3k< dps
>out of 30+ runs i've never seen a tank pull below 2.8k
>mfw shitter tanks think they can farm shinryu ex at 3k< dps
> i provoke off of warrior at diamond dust for upcoming akh
>still in defiance
> "GET OUT OF DEFIANCE MODE AND SHIRK ME, YOU DONT WANT THIRD AKH"
>mfw we cleared because good healer deeps and good deeps in general
>ask warrior why he was staying in tank stance
>"dude im tanking, to maintain aggro"
>he didn't realize I was shirk jerking him for half the fucking fight and his goddamn aggro lead was enormous.

I play with other tanks outside of my fc and I just want to literally hang myself.
How the fuck are people this incompetent.

Fair. The ingots should sell fairly well if you're looking to make gil, or save up mats for Eureka's initial shitshow.

Your EB really likes sucking my cock, apparently you treat them awfully.

The only people sticking around now are casual normies who take ages to finish the MSQ and any content.

why aren't you using those DSLs on me

no them but can I suck your cock too

Yep, and I'm caught in the most turbulent of situations right now
>casual as fuck FC is taking a break from raiding
>no o3s clear yet
>late as fuck to raid tier
>have actually been finding competent prog parties in PF the last few days
>"all savage content unlocked"

It's going to be a WIIIILLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD ride.

idk

anynyan else on an abba binge

pst

youtu.be/EDr_krEQNrU

Go back to your levi alt you fake af faggot.

it is i!
the mystery masked mi'qote!
give me your coin, your women, or y.. wh-what's that, user?

cringe

Fuck off

give me your cringe!
have at you!

you will not dissuade me so easily!

>rping on Veeky Forums
>stutters
>avatars
Trifecta

>balmung's empty
>mateus is thriving
Wow, had to see it with my own eyes. Logged in as the leader of some random fc

Of course this is how it seems.
One has absolutely no new players coming in while the other has them cycling through because it's unlocked.

Anyone possibly selling levekits on mateus?

>How it seems
It's how it is, there's no getting away from the fact that balmung is dead as shit because it's the same people day in and day out.

>open balmung
>everyone transfers back to balmung
>other servers dead again
>balmung overcrowded again

>Basing server pop off of how croweded the quicksands is
guess gilgamesh is dead too right?

On the server I'm on the bumpingest spot is Limsa Lominsa due to the Aetheryte being right next to everything. Also normies so no one would ever go to lore-friendly hangouts like the bars.

It's over balmongol
Your server is done for
It's full to the brim with old, used up whores AFKing all the day in their private room
There's no future in your shitty semen-crusted hellhole
All the valuable and actually active people have already joined the Mateus train and it will only go this way from now on
Your prime has long passed, now is the time for the long, rotten, inbred agony

It'll be funny when the flood gates open and everyone comes rushing into balmung again.

shitty hipster glasses. I use elegant rimless glasses if I want to glam glasses.

It'll be funny when the server is open, and there still isn't anyone transferring. Only the worst of the worse would go back. Most of the degenerates on mateus aren't even Veeky Forums-related.

apparently shitposting is no longer an appreciated medium
fear not for the mysterious masked mi'qote will always be here, shitposting.

unless someone is needy and demands hugs, ofc.

Listening to nothing because I'm dying at work. But then again I'm posting on Veeky Forums at work so idk.

Good taste.

A number of people will transfer away from balmung once it unlocks, a lot only stay simply BECAUSE it's locked and don't want to risk not being able to come back. Everybody I still talked to so far after they transferred regretted it.

Whatever happens, its going to be interesting to watch. Personally i'm loving the crystal market right now without the bot horde screwing everything, and the constant P V PB@N|

That's the exact same way with balmung. Do you honestly think the vg presence on any server even makes up more than the tiniest bit of the population?

No one regrets leaving you and your depression behind. They are just being nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=GutM23LLpP4

That's not what I was implying at all, user. As always you're welcome to discuss problems with me over some coffee.

I'll pass on the continuous sob story.

Fuck off cuck.

Balmung will never open as long as people have 10000 alts.
I hope you're comfy in waitingroomus with yysara, beepy, and that dumb nigger lizzur. That's what happens when you listen to sociopaths over people who warn you. You made your bed and dug your graves, now stay there and rot.

Beepy plays on Gilgamesh now.

I just want to flirt with a cute roe girl and draw dumb pictures of her

That would imply I enjoy or want such a thing instead of complaining about it.

This, I don't know what metric they use but Mateus lost its road to 60 buff almost immediately from all the level 1 alts. If it's purely by characters created then there's definitely a problem.

do you have a website/twitter/tumblr? been curious

>That would imply I enjoy or want such a thing instead of complaining about it
Thats the funniest shit I've read in a long time.

OwO

The crystal market and economy in general is an interesting situation on Balmung. The general lack of a market for low level items due to no sprouts is a shame though.

To be fair that is the literal definition but clearly not what I meant.

Is that wrong? Please correct me if I am, but I thought cuckoldry was where both parties were in on it.

The phrase you're looking for is NTR

The latter really kills me, even worse once you notice Quarrymill is dead because no sprouts to take advantage of it and established characters have much better alternatives or no need to use it.

Cash out on levekits now while people still have crafting jobs to work on.

If balmung opens will you eb me?

>mateus is 3 people

Ok lol

It is wrong. NTR means someone takes your spouse from you by means of seduction. Thats not the way I hear it went down.

A number of them yes! I'm actually super glad because I've finally beaten Kankuro. Whenever I used to search my handle he'd come up instead. Anyways, both my tumblr and deviantart are under Kamenkuro.
hyo-hyo-ohno is my lewd tumblr

Yeah, Quarrymill is pretty dead. Granted, it's the barely even considered morning in burgerland, but even primetime it's fairly empty.

I'm mateus too!

Since we're getting a tank and heal next, what do you think they will be?

what are you talking about where did you get such information

>implying
They sounded like they never wanted to add another tank or healer.

I wanna see Oracle or whatever weirdo weeaboo mystichealer Yoshi-P was talking about when he discussed classes they didn't implement but considered.