/ddlc/ - Doki Doki Literature Club! #221

Moni/k/a friend saving the day again Edition!

Previous Thread: Previous Previous Thread: >Official Stuff
Steam Page: store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/
Monika Twitter: twitter.com/lilmonix3

>Guides
Guide: gameplay.tips/guides/1298-doki-doki-literature-club.html
Actual guide to getting the "good" end: pastebin.com/q3nGy9Fa

>Art and Miscellaneous
Game files dump (full) - mega.nz/#!omBgAY7a!qbh7FYCcYnjIN7G9bGGDy343CLBCRaOIuiHN8SwPT7k
Wiki: ddlcwiki.ga/wiki/Main_Page
Fan-made Content Pastebin: pastebin.com/BRy67t0s
Booru: ddlc.booru.org
Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=2793739#
"Your Reality" sung by (You): youtube.com/watch?v=7acpV4fKp9Y

>I hate my life but it's good to have these just in case
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
International Association for Suicide Prevention (EU): iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/Europe/
lifeline.org.au/get-help/get-help-home518121

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14613235
strawpoll.me/14613250/r
pastebin.com/0MyzJhkC
pastebin.com/u/videogames
youtube.com/watch?v=s2WSQMKvn9U
youtube.com/watch?v=TtAcOWk8lnc
pastebin.com/uEvEpM1i
anondraw.com/collab#main,-83055,983955
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A daily reminder that Sayori loves you.

ATTENTION PLEASE!
>ATTENTION PLEASE!
Daily reminder to vote who your most favorite and least favorite Doki is if you haven't already done so!
I started two new polls to add a requested fifth option to both answers.
We ask that you do not cheat and only vote once, there is no captcha to prevent you from rigging the poll, but where is the fun in lies? Just be honest so we can find the true consensus!
Link related is for /bestgirl/
>strawpoll.me/14613235
Link related is for /worstgirl/
>strawpoll.me/14613250/r

Doki December Day 14 is done!
pastebin.com/0MyzJhkC

Have you ever gone back and re-read one of the previous stories?
You may notice something you didn't before.

If you ever want to, or you just missed them the first time around, you can find them on my profile:
pastebin.com/u/videogames

which one of you fuckers was this

Yuri!

I hope you guys actually condemn this.

- Tread Lightly -

Swirling tides of verdant hues spiral 'round,
Veins mimicking rolling rapids crash about,
Swift footfalls surround me with nary a sound,
Their crimson outpouring watering revered sprouts.

Colored flesh fades into view from bark,
Scaled movements look inside their viewer,
Accepting both their counsel and spiral mark,
They carved into me as though I was etched in pewter.

Moss now a cloak around my shoulders,
I shuffled into place along the diamond,
To the right of black seas, left of boulders,
Until I stood as erect and steady as a titan.

Warm soil forms and envelops my quiescent toes,
Worms and insects slowly crawl up my birch,
Animals wordlessly approach as I continue to grow,
Silently and calmly watching as I give birth.

Motionless movements shifting from view,
Skies ever coasting across the skyline,
Forests transfigured with ever changing hues,
My immobile body serving as a reticent shrine.

Vote Yuri for /bestgirl/! She's a cute!

You know I had to delete it to them.

thingken bout suicide, I'm curious if some people actually killed themselves because of this pretty common post-playthrough depression

Why is Sayori so shit? She ruined the whole episode.

That sounds like user. I'm not sure, it could be user or user, but the latter is less than likely.

HEY user! YES YOU user! Tell me of your ideal day from start to finish with your favorite Doki! If you can't go in depth that's ok. Just lay out what you would want to do if you had a whole day of you and your Doki together with no interruptions!

God I hope not. How cringe in rl do you have to be to kill yourself over a video game. That said I was feeling the post playthrough depression myself.

I dunno if it's because a lack of sleep, honestly.
That's not bad, though. Better than nothing.

Depends a bit. Have you watched anything? Is there anything in particular that catches your interest?

Why hasn't Sweden been nuked yet?

Why would you kill yourself, nerd

yeah dude, I killed myself and it feel good, you should do it too

All dokis deserve love and respect!

Finished that DDLC Best Ending mod. Two things to say.
A: Fuck you Danlet, for making Natsuki's situation worse
B: Fuck you me, for being the reason they weren't happy.
I don't think I'll touch any mods for this game for a while.

>The world around me starts to blur

Disgusting.
DELETE THIS!

I swear sometimes it seems she's just teasing me

didn't watch anything at all, just one episode of Naruto a long time ago.

So since i barely got to post in last thread i'll just copy paste my first post in said thread

How are you feeling today?

I still fell pretty terrible.

And another question for you, do you watch animes, play other VNs or do you just enjoy DDLC?

I have never watched an anime or played any other VNs.

After playing this, here is my conclusion: They are all crazy (except maybe Natsuki).

I don't really have a waifu in DDTC so here is my sincere belief towards this game.

Most of them are a danger to their friends and even their own person.
President status = Absolute control of the game. You know everything and can change the events.

I'll start with Natsuki.
Natsuki is the youngest member in the Club and gets upset quickly.
Moreover, she's pretty much childish when it comes to opinions and decisions.
She isn't truly a threat, just a simple child-highschooler.
The regular tsundere anime girl, no big deal.

Monika
Monika rigged the game in her favor with Glitches and scripts modifications (resulting in the suicide of Both Sayori and Yuri).
She litteraly erased everything to stay with MC. Her Love is real but too strong to bear even if she is your waifu.
She can't accept MC to love another girl.
She breaks the 4th wall so well and sinisterly that she's the Jewel of this game.
On one hand, Monika saves MC from Yuri but in an awful and selfish way. On the other hand, she encourages Sayori to suicide to avoid Sayori x MC.
It's hard to tell her nature considering her actions with Yuri, Sayori and MC.
She wants to be with MC and the game isn't designed for this, so she has no choice.
Monika protects MC from troubles but her actions are too violent.

Sayori
Her suicide is caused by Monika's action with the data to increase her drama.
She's your childhood friend and everything is fine, Sayori just wants MC to be happy.
Unfortunately... In one of the endings when she becomes the President of the Club, she's about to transform into Monika 2.0. That's where Monika decides to shut down the game once and for all.
Sayori is unstable, she can be (energetic, happy & nice)xinfinite compared to anyone and later the most depressive person in the world.
She is very emotive.

Part 1/2

I don't see it as cringy, if anything, very tragic for someone to be so lonely and sad that he decides to end his life because of the attachment to a fictional character, who ironically happened to be the only one in his life to be human and make him feel human

I finished the game.
Amazing expierence but I wish I hadn't played it in a first place, cuz it made me sad, and now I cannot stop thinking about the game, and also Im depressed.
What to do?

is ddlc the dark souls of katawa shoujolikes?

Thanks for this user, I was the one who suggested the photobooth and it came out great

Yuri
A Yandere, she seems nice at first but turns into a horror psycho the more you progress in the game.
I can't even imagine how Guro the game would be if she was the President (Absolute Power).
Yuri likes Fantasy, Knifes, Horror, Stalk MC, all those creepy poems and without the "drama script made by Monika", I guess that she'd have killed someone (even the MC) and herself.
She's the only one in the game who could die without Monika's actions. Yuri takes pleasure by stabbing and harming herself.
Yuri might aswell kill all the girls because of an insecurity feeling about being cucked by MC. Then in a date scene with MC, she may stabbed herself to death in Joy.
The danger there is the highest, MC could end up in Jail, lose his peaceful life.

It's hard to judge how crazy the characters are because Monika plays with their mind.
Especially in the case of Sayori, did she hang herself voluntarily or is it Monika's fault (drama script)?
How would that have occured without Monika's actions in the shadow?
It was an interesting experiment.

Part 2/2

Just hang around here friend.

>Doki Doki Tea Club
What did he mean by this?

Wake Up!
Get Coffee!
Talk about what she would love to experience!
Taking her to the near by park!
Feeding squireels!
Showing her the nearby castle!
Going to my favorite italian restaurunt in town!
No matter the expenses, feed ourselves full!
Going bowling after we had enough to eat!
She totally destroys me!
Going home holding hands!
Cuddling on the sofa all evening!
Crying ourselves to sleep knowing it was just for one day!
Monika!

Hello, everyone, it's me! You're doing well, I hope?
It's time for some poetry!

Word of the thread this fine morning is "punishment"!
Alternatives include 'emanate' and 'madness'.

So, as always, if you'd like to write a poem (and it would be great if you did), this is a great opportunity to do so!
These three words are here to guide and inspire you and hopefully give you something to write about.
By using the same word as everyone else, it ensures a happy and healthy relationshi- wait, what? It ensures that we all have common ground to discuss and share together.
I look forward to reading what you can do, so go out there and have fun!

I'm here, user! I'd be more than happy to read your poem!
youtube.com/watch?v=s2WSQMKvn9U
Monika!

delete this app before you get too deep into it man
I kindly ask you to return to your containment thread #9000

Why this general has such a shit taste?

I feel you, I do, as someone attached to these doki'.

But do yourself a favor and reread what you just wrote. Tell me that isn't cringy. If I'm wrong I'll just be on my way.

>not giving Natsuki a Kolibri
She deserves a smaller gun fitting for her

It's an emergency! Yuri can't hold it in anymore!
What do you do user?!

No, but it is the Touhou: PCB of Western hang 'em ups

>tfw I just noticed a spot I didn't fix properly in that picture
Shite

>be in The Pit again
>don't kill myself because parents would be sad
>there's also my sister
>realize there's at least 50 more years of this bullshit
life is so great
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Maybe it's you user...

Monika isn't a "higher being" compared to the other Dokis because they all have the potential to be enlightened, as Sayori in the ending shows.

Therefore, Monika is a cunt.

I WILL DRINK IN THIS PASSION OF LUST AND SLANDERER

>implying that wasn't just a bug because Monika can't into computers

What am I looking at here?

I came to this conclusion when I finished it. Especially after reading Monika's dialogue on Sayori's death. Have me an idea for some OC I might make and share tonight.

I see. Kinda hard to recc a particular starting point, but you can't go wrong with stuff like Evangelion, FCLC, Cowboy Bebop. Pretty highly regarded series in general.
If you want a taste of SoL, K-On and Hidamari Sketch are pretty golden.

Eagles can fly is the best poem in the game

>Natsuki at the bottom of favorite Doki
>Natsuki at the top of least favorite Doki

It's alright, I will always love her

It wasn't. If you delete Monika from the start, Sayori still gets super powers, before Monika starts messing with stuff. The powers are tied to the president role, and the romance pushing is tied to the VP role.

>Thinking eagles can fly is better than bottles.

It was still good though.

it will only make him feel worse, he should focus on anything but stuff related to ddlc
best option is learn from characters and move on
literally leave them be
even if I summon a picture of a dirty, stupid virgin neckbeard who is at his own fault for being miserable, I can't help but feel bad for those people who probably exist somewhere
cringy in my book applies more to people who fuck their doki dakimakuras and do other waifu shit, but not the ones who end up killing themselves because of that

been there done that and i've told you guys before there's no dokis here sorry

>Posting ahead of me at this hour
H-huh?!
youtube.com/watch?v=TtAcOWk8lnc

>Punishment
>Madness
>Happy and healthy relationship
U-um. Okay. Guess I'll fall asleep then, but not before plugging something I just made! It's user forgetting about DDLC for a few years! It's also content, so don't drag me behind the barn, please! Might as well repost for the people waking up wherever! I can't wait to wake up two or three threads behind again, ahaha...

pastebin.com/uEvEpM1i

It's not really her fault either. All three others girls have essentially forced content, Natsuki is the only one you have to go out of your way to get to know.

Natsuki writes the best poems

what app is it

I did hear a lot of good stuff about Evangelion and Cowboy Bepop

So i guess i'll start with these two.

Kill yourself you fucking degenerate

I'd say it's more akin to the Spec Ops: The Line of visual novels.

Still three hours later than I used to post, but I had an early morning.
Sleep well!

>Starting with Cowboy BeeBop
It's all down hill from there, user.

how can you claim to love your doki if you aren't even willing to bathe in her piss?

I know someone will tell you, or you will just find it yourself since it's pretty banal, but I won't be the one who tell you, no

Lets draw some dokis anondraw.com/collab#main,-83055,983955

Welcome to the Yuri nation

Or eat her poop.

Broodwich is my favorite Doki!

Im the user that suggested some animes in previous thread

I tried watching those too at first and the art style was so old I couldn't watch, and they don't have cute girls, you gotta have cute girls

Godspeed, Sayorifriend.
You're gonna carry that weight.

>Monika
>Her Love is real but too strong to bear even if she is your waifu.l
>She can't accept MC to love another girl

Actually no.
Monika doesn't love the [Player] she just uses it as an excuse to be closer with you, as she stated in the game, she wants the [Player] to expend the most time with her because she self concious about her role a side character in a romance game, and thus, she considers herlself above the other characters and the only one worthy of spending time with the [Player]

She can accept the MC accepting other girls, what she doesn't accept is being a self concious AI trapped in a romance game as a side character who doesn't even get her own route. She wants a way out and she thinks the [Player] is said way, so she plays the "I love you" card in hopes you can help her.

in the previous thread I told you to end your life
I wasn't kidding, do it

HOLY SHIT THE BEEPING FUCK MY EARS

Just wanted to trashtalk you, nothing personal You're still a fucking degenerate tho

I think bebop is a pretty bad starting point honestly, but I guess most people will disagree. It's a good show but it's harder to appreciate the talent behind it if you don't have experience with other anime to compare it to. And just kind of watching it on its own without any context makes for a pretty lackluster experience as it has a kind of strange story structure.

Is there a Yuri civil war going on between the Act 1 Yuri friends, and the Act 2 Yuri friends? I have been noticing hostilities among the Yuri friends lately?

damn
if only I didn't have to go work my physical labor 22pm-6am night shift where I will be deliriously humming your reality for entire 8 hours in inhumane coditions
just fucking i dont know

I will one day but not because you told me.

See, that right there is the problem. You're splitting up act 1 and act 2 when us Yurifags should appreciate her as a whole and not divide ourselves

This is fantastic, user.

good, you deserve every bit of pain you get. if you make it longer that just makes me that more happy

So Evangelion then?

I'm actually a little more of a Natsuki fan, but Sayori is second best.

All aspects of Yuri should be appreciated equally. Including the ones that pee on Sayori.

I love her too.

I never took the Natsuki route. Does she say why her relationship is so poor with her father?

So where did she make the cupcakes if her dad blows his lid whenever she does pretty much anything?
And don't say that's just Act 2-3 dad because she makes cupcakes in the first 3 acts.

He wanted a daughter

He's an angery-stern japanese dad. Like Oreimo's dad but turned up to 11.

Evangelion is a pretty wild ride, I haven't seen all of it so I can't comment on it too much. Just keep in mind it's a pretty cerebral show and not like most other anime, so if you don't like i, don't let that inform your opinion of other anime too much.

Wait a minute

I wonder if DDLC would be such a huge success if it was done in western art syle

lol no

>Visual novel
>Western art

Is that a thing?

I wonder if DDLC would be such a huge success if it was done in a tumblr art style with added diversity

See ya.
yes i know it still needs to go through court and whatnot but i can't let this opportunity slip

Of course not.

>western art syle
Call me a NIGGER but I fucking hate most popular western cartoons, Simpsons, Family guy, rick and morty, what the FUCK is the appeal of that shit it looks like SHIT