/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Previous Thread:

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as A Hat in Time, Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, Steamworld Dig 2, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
A Hat In Time has its own general for the time being.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

PSA: EXPEDTION SOON, JACKS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yxJ7DHCcnEw
youtube.com/user/Saintttimmy
youtube.com/user/magicdweedoo
youtube.com/user/PixelHouseG
youtube.com/user/SelfishDream
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for cat

Is Nioh okay?
I read a review saying it was way too unbalanced toward the player to be fun.

it's fun but there is little enemy variety and it is pretty easy
I don't regret buying it desu

nigga

Looking for something mixing Dark Souls' gameplay and weapons variety and Okami/Shogun 2's weeabooiss. Is it like that?

>going to a general directly
Yeah, nah. If I ask them directly, they'll just spout memes, spoil the entire story, and then suggest me some shitty Youtuber. /gsg/ did the same.

(You)
Hey, after enduring our training she'll be the slavers' worst nightmare!

Get out.

>/gsg/ retard get triggered by truth
Pottery.

how'd they spoil a grand strat game for you?

>battle system has an option to pay the enemy to lose

>GSG games
>Story
>Caring about story in video games to begin with

Any recommendations for chill games I can play while listening to an audio book on a topic I'm interested in?

heckin cool

bamp

So what's the best frequency for shield emitters?

I started in a map with 3 large insect nests and my colonists keep trying to path through one of them to get items in a cetain part of the map. Now a rescue pod has dropped in that part of the map and I can't capture the person cause my colonist paths through it on the way back, and drops the guy when I tell her to move somewhere. Is there any mods that let you control pawns better?

Just build a wall?

I wanna leave it open to take care of raiders though

Anyone know how to get rid of toxic buildup? Its very irritating to have the entire colony fucked with dementia.

Use a spider shield.

Not too sure what you mean by this

depends on your best, but most people say double high high quality, or double low low quality, with the best high efficiency energy converter and plasma core that you can get

My bad, I thought I was on the Dark Souls general for a moment. I'm just very tired.
Just wait for it to go away, you can't do anything else.

underrated

Alright cool
What about infused leathers? How high should I be putting tailoring/mechanics. Not sure how accurate the wiki is on quality ranges either since I've got a siphoner leather that goes over their 60

Don't go outside, or there's probably some mod that lets you build toxic fallout protection suits too

Is this guy a random encounter, or has he always been there and I just never noticed him?

loading up my save from before the new update that I made right before crafting my end gear, with DOMINATING active however:

siphoner leather 64
mutated dog 62
cave hopper 56
ancient rathound 105

any of those with super steel fiber 148, requires 118 tailoring and 29 mechanics to make the infused leather

I went with siphoner; to make leather armor with it I need 102 tailoring, if I add a 103 soft padding and 101 black cloth, I need a total of ...118, still.

The cap on supersteel is 160, so I was fairly close. I've never seen better siphoner than 64, but I've never farmed them. I don't know how much higher it would be with truly good padding/overcoats, and I don't know exactly how the update changes any of this, if it didn't for what I just showed you.

>with DOMINATING active however:
scratch that, im stupid. I noticed my siphoner tabis only provided protection from slow and for some reason thought that meant dominating; it just means the update is at least partially retroactive

Big ups senpai appreciate the info, couldn't find it on the wiki.
i was just worried it would require really high mechanics to infuse leather since I'm stopping mechanics at effective 128 with house bonus
118 tailoring is way lower than I thought for end game gear, I can stop pretty early then considering the +15.

he's not there for me; just checked

[various screaming noises]

[desire to know more intensifies]

rip

Arachnid bugs. Slaughtered everything outside essentially instantly, which included a droid and a female pregnant labrador dog. Fortunately bugs cannot attack doors or I'd be mondo fucked right now. Currently waiting for them to die of starvation.

Fuck.

Yeah they added various random encounters it seems
never seen that guy

>rimworld posting
I like it
shame the Veeky Forums died so quick since /v/ retards are allergic to talking about videogames

I have no idea why my pregnant doggo got paralyzed, but I'll let her give birth before putting her down.

is it just me or is they are billions reaaaaaaaally feast or famine-ish? By that I mean as long as you don't accidentally let a zombie into your base in the first 10 minutes its not all that difficult to make it to the end, but if you make any small mistake and somehow let one slip past your walls the whole house of cards just comes tumbling the fuck down really fast.

The issue is the dwellings spawn a shit tonne of stronk zombies instantly, which the solders can't cope with even slightly. If they did 1000% more damage there might be a small chance but its usually better to quit after a cascade starts.

Update on the situation. I just locked my door and let them starve to death, then a medieval faction came and cleaned up the remaining survivors. Whole lotta fucking bugmeat now.

>tfw i could heem every here

Fuck off retard

WHISKEY OUTPOST IS FALLING

>Updated: 4/15/17
Why are all the best mods dead

>Decide to check out the Steam "best of 2017" stuff
>top new releases
>Has a myriad of games currently in Early Access
>Claims fucking Lawbreakers was a top new release

That's a common reason why I reset, either that or I somehow indirectly piss off a nearby village or pack of Executives before I have a bundle of Ballistas and Snipers ready. If it wasn't for the limited clear terrain and bank/market range I would wall off every 4-8 houses to slow the outbreak.

Anyone been playing Slay the Spire? I think this is probably the best deck I've managed to make so far, breezed through all of the Beyond and got some really lucky relic pick ups.

>>Claims fucking Lawbreakers was a top new release

*depends on your build

What weapon should I be looking to craft as a stealth knife user? Tichrome serrated?

Hi /gsg/. Still mad?

So people say Riot Gear is meh except in certain cases. Would pure psi be one of them? I'm not using stealth, so armor penalty isn't a big deal for me. It kind of looks like riot armor is better for dealing with melee, while tactical vest with the same materials would be better for bullets.

TV with the same components.

if it were me, yeah, with a tichrome dagger for enemies with lower DT

isnt the psi bonus weaker with the riot gear? also how much does the kevlar add? like +20% vs bullets? consider blast cloth

no but It looks cool

I don't think serrated is really worth it desu, unless you've got vile weaponry/taste for blood ect. Definitly tichrome though

Seems to be the same.

TV increases the threshold 258%, and applying that to 18 DT, you get 46.44 DT unless I'm calculating wrong.

The riot gear gives 158% DT increase and applies it to 11 DT, which results in 17 DT.

Maybe the riot gear would be better in deep caverns, since there aren't many enemies that shoot bullets down there.

Glad I didn't wait on Expedition to play Underrail.

That shit is taking fucking forever.

Hmm. I'm always inclined to prefer defense against bullets, but with a good shield it's not a huge deal, and these new death stalkers and other critters are pretty tough in melee.

>looking for oddities
>notice an abandoned bag
>try to open it
>get a notification that all it has is a crumpled note

>100% OJ mods will never be a thing

SPOILERS
yeah, its a stash in one of the north cave maps along the water with several goliaths

i dont remember getting that note, but I just found the stash a couple days ago

Is the undertale expansion going to be playable on an old save?

>undertale expansion
What?

Cogmind

He's talking about Underwood's expansion.

Pretty sure they meant Undercity

I hope this is a good game

I thought they could attack anything within range of their hive?

Not hive bugs, Arachnid mod bugs.

dod

Yes. It's fun as fuck.

Is this mod CE compatibile ?

>CE
That's the one that adds ammo right? No idea, but I don't see why not.

Combat Extended.

Its does much more than add ammo and i believe every mod adding creatures requires CE patch because CE changes damage formula and bodies and something like that.

Probably not then

>there's a breach in the southern side of the complex
>Erick, the hunter/doctor/animal trainer got caught out by an arachnid raid
>wounded, he fled with his pack of dogs in tow, the huskys and labradors valiantly but vainly latching on and getting torn apart by the war bugs
>he finally gets to the hallway entrance, where the dogs round on the persuing bugs and commit to a final stand
>horus goes down after his left legs are ripped off by a bug, but he dodges the killing blow and lays bleeding under the carnage
>bolero is knocked out by a blow that glances deftly off his skull, tearing the flesh but thankfully not killing him
>Fucknuts2 is scewered from head to tail, but only goes down once his stomach is scewered
>its at its darkest hour
>when all seems lost and the base is surely going to be overrun
>there he is at the front
>that beautiful fucking boy
>the roomba
>the shit beat out of it, the roomba stands firm against the arachnid menace
>we survive, just barely by his grace

youtu.be/yxJ7DHCcnEw

Ahh shit :(

I've listened to hundreds of audiobooks (LibriVox), watched movies while playing Elite Dangerous but that's just so I have something to do while I "play".

I'd guess any city builder game with minimal combat would be good, like banished.

Is SK /indie/ enough?

no but i suppose it's dead enough

Three Rings is indie and it escaped segas grasp that killed it by now. I gladly read some about it.
>tfw first christmas I did not hang out in comy winter haven

So those are cat ears under that hat, right?

This fucker doesn't even give you a parryable bullet.

NO

Shilling cool indie gaming channels

youtube.com/user/Saintttimmy
youtube.com/user/magicdweedoo
youtube.com/user/PixelHouseG
youtube.com/user/SelfishDream

So I accidentally started killing all the followers of Tchort at the institute because I answered that lady's questions honestly. Wasn't thinking and changed zones twice and my last manual save is a couple hours back. WIll killing everyone at the institute irreparably ruin my play through, or can I still at least beat it? Can I even get out of the institute? I couldn't figure out how to open the big door. I'm assuming you can get out through the caves at the west but I haven't thoroughly explored yet.

It's just a hat.

You can finish the game, but you miss out on a bunch of Tchortist missions. I know there is a hole you can escape from, but it's a one-way route and I don't know if you'll be able to get back in (and if you can't, then you can't finish the game.)

Random, I met him twice. In Rail Crossing and near Moe's stand in Core City.

Alright, I guess I'll reload then. I was running low on 5mm anyway.

I met him at the Foundry bar.

I also met a drunk in Core City, near the middle level elevator. He was running around and crying because his wife cheating on him. Poor guy.

Kill his wife.