/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Pushing Too Hard Edition.

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Q:C News: Hotfix was borked, next patch will be presumably released at the last thursday of this month (25th jan).

>Tutorials
youtube.com/watch?v=SSNNhUAVRuA
youtube.com/watch?v=gpir6ZZKmcM
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

>Q:C custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BmJZV2bbLUw
youtu.be/yw84T2eCek4
youtube.com/watch?v=mTZYe-BZ5VE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you faggots let the thread die and now everyone is dead
that includes you OP

Threads never dead. But there isn't that much to talk about at the moment.

thank g-d
on that note quake 2 jump is 10 times harder than defrag

This piece of shit is about to be buffed. It will act more like mine launcher (according to MortalEmperor). Will it blend /arena/?

It would be a lot more useful that way. Now it's to shit to use in direct combat and you cant zone people out with it because they don't detonate when you step on them.

my gripe is that it doesnt do enough damage. it should be like 80 damage for directs

Fuck off to /v/ already, faggots.

>let's add proximity mines instead of gl
Those fools, now they wasted opportunity to make champion which ability is to lay proximity mines.
Oh well they still can make champion which is ability chaingun and other with bfg.

Daily reminder that qc will never be good game because it has intakill abilities.

>>/d2g/ vengeance
Like we care about your opinion shithead

What does it have to do with /d2g/, you braindead quakeshitter?

>quakeshitter
The simple fact you don't belong here
Now crawl back to your cave mongrel.

No need to be mad, quakeshitter.
Just get the fuck out of Veeky Forums with your dead and irrelevant thread.
Occasional /v/ thread would suit your garbo game better, bye bye!

"Cower before my perfection." - 2017~2018 Clutchâ„¢

Just ignore this cunt /arena/ and move on

he looks stoned so often

rapha's so deeply attuned to quake whenever he stops playing the mundane empty nature of real life makes him feel stoned

>tfw random shitters outside of /arena/ bulli your general

>you were 2nd
>shown in second place in ending screen
>score screen shows that I was first
>receive the medal for being first
wtf id?

Q/u/ake lewdfics when?

some grill needs to read this out loud

There's that one about Slash and futa Hunter, and the Doomguy/Crash comic.

You forgot the one about Tim Spillits getting fucked up by Anarki and Slash

>champion which ability is to lay proximity mines
Isn't that pretty much what galenas totem is?

I think it would be better as a grenade launcher, or just make each pellet do more damage.

Make the projectiles arc more, and make it's alt fire rotate angle of arcing so we can use it to spam round corners whatnot.

how do people do this stuff? like bridge to rail jumps?
i read youre supossed to quickly flick your mouse before jumping to make bridge to rail or something, but i can never seem to do it

afaik you need sth above 510 ups at the edge of the bridge to be able reach rail. It's almost impossible to learn on your own w/o some tutorial
>youtube.com/watch?v=BmJZV2bbLUw
Tbh, I also didn't master this but I was able to pull it 5-6 times in QL tutorial... but I doubt I could do this right now.

circle jump

As addentum to my mumbling - make some custom match (in either Quake with speedometer - you can try in vQ3/QL). Press +forward and try to move mouse left or right - you'll notice your movement speed is rising during turning.
This is what happens when you flick your mouse before jump - it's called circle jump. You can gain insane amont of movement speed before you start proper strafe jumping.

yeah i can move like that fine in a straight line, but trying to turn corners or make jumps like bridge to rail doesnt work. i must be a brainlet or something, i cant wrap my head around this.
i thought you had to press jump and move your mouse at the same time to move faster? doing so ingame does show me going faster. should i always be flicking my mouse before jumping or do you only move your mouse first for jumps like bridge to rail?

bridge to rail is a meme
it's really unimportant

Well... bridge to rail is damn difficult - I suggest you grasp the strafe jump concept first. It will really help you.

And template of the OC if anyone is interesed.

>do some anarki runes
>really shitty one because never played cpma and circle jumping physics is alien to me
>fairly decent players still manage to miss rockets in 1x1 fights because it's too easy to dodge as anarki
>incoming LG and Rail damage is heavily reduced because average joes can't aim that hitbox for shit

Very balanced senpai

HUH

friday night and general dies instead of 40 virgins shitposting
>It's friday night what's your excuse

I'll take it

set off my gaydar

i fucking knew they were gonna do it

where you getting these from? neato

Last one

Eyy anybody still play UT-99 here?
Someone could host a Veeky Forums server

shit... I might reconsider reinstalling UT99 but my keyboard is busted so no UT or Quake for me till new comes

I hate how they made Doom Guy look virtually the same as B. J. Doesn't look anything like the old Doom1/2 HUD sprite

Reminder that Visor is technically naked

W+M1 facechargers should be gassed

is nailarki and nailyx the qc equivalent of the w+m1 pyro

@201734512
>W+M1 facechargers should be gassed
>new players should be gassed
>quake should have no new players
>quake should die
ur rong

new players don't grab a nyx/narki and charge you with sng because they know they'll get away with it
new players pick ranger and run around with starting mg, stopping every time they need to fire
nailtards perfectly know that what they're doing is bullshit

>characters with the lowest stack charging into rockets is bullshit now
ur just mad becus u forgot how to doge nail

people who defend W+M1 facechargers should also be gassed

>implying you have RL at every time
Even if you do anarkids take like 1 damage from the splash even when it hits directly their legs.

The problem isn't the W+M1 facechargers, the problem is Tim didn't add a decent tutorial

HUH

Gas all nyxbabs

Galena ought to be a relatively tanky champ.

>tanky champ
Retarded idea, they just just give everybody unique movement skills or start recycling them. Remove the retarded galena passive and give her wall jump or something.

Galenafags should be gassed, pos champion

Scalebearer approves your idea.

Reminder that Unreal>Quake in content, innovation, and quality. Call me when Quake has vehicles.

UTards should be gassed

Did the tranny streamer kill himself?

oh shit

ET:QW

post maps that are shit for gameplay but aesthetically great

>post maps that are shit for gameplay
every gc map.

map haters with no backround in making maps should be gassed

Content? Yeas - it brought many things to the table and it was refreshing in many ways (and adapted later by other titles) but balance wise I see it as mess of the game. It's mostly for casual experience.

DEATH TO STROGG

>Q3 / QL died with fat and juicy hitboxes
>QC devs decided to make tiny as fuck hitboxes you can't hit for shit for their next game

Imagine being as dumb as quacketurds

You fuckers let the thread die. God dammit.

oh boy

now it's again vivid as ever

google 'appeal to accomplishment' and then gas yourself you literal child

Are you seriously complaining about Scale

thats a big guy

he's complaining about anarkids and nyxbabs who charge you with sng knowing well you won't be able to react, and if you do, they'll just pop invis/heal and run away

What a weird thing to complain about. Git gud
I thought he was complaining about Scalebearer because people routinely complain about things that are non-issues in QC, like Dire Orb telefrags (there's one user every thread that does it)

>instakill abilities are non-issue
Get a loads of this shitter.

As I look at Q2/Q4, if they ever touch single player Strogg timeline again, imo they should go in between style of both games. Still retain some of the Q4 gameplay style (vehicles, more relying on weaker weapons like machine gun instead of blasting through cannon fodder with chaingun, something like ET:QW) but with crude aestetics of Q2, and lone marine concept, running through horrors of strogg machinations. And, God forbid, no fucking squad dangling around your ass anymore. This would be perfect Quake Strogg continuation for me.

Ah I remember this map from UT2k4. God - it was a mess for playing but visuals of it were literally kino.

Thx for the template, bro.

Being consistently telefragged like that is in the same level of badness as routinely being hit by a direct shock core (undetonated) in UT. You have no room to complain if you're that free

Stop blaming the attacker for once and learn to not present an easy target

>Being consistently telefragged like that
Nowhere have I said that I get constantly telefragged.
Being risky to use is not a reason to keep broken ability in the game.
It's pretty easy to land on when you are close or tight place like for example on blood run the mega area, even easier if the enemy plays clutch/scale(not many people but they exists) because the clutch model fills pretty much every narrow path.
It just encourages retarded plays were when you set trap, instead of shooting rocket for damage and running away, you just go for orb kill.

Based Pops Greiss

>implying telefragging with Rangers orb is easy
It might seem easy but to hit a telefrag is bretty fucking hard with ranger also you can just dodge to the left as clutch.

hey /arena/ does anyone have the Clutch voice lines, I need them for "documentation".

...i like to play on it though

youtu.be/yw84T2eCek4
also airquake

>ranger is jobbing AGAIN

People who complain about Ranger Dire Orb's should be gassed

*deletes your full overstack*
huh..........nothin personnel

BIG MELEM TITTIES

youtube.com/watch?v=mTZYe-BZ5VE
Like it never existed before.