Wrong high school history teachers

My history teacher once said the Mongols never conquered Russia.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/A5sbegfCz7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There was no Russia back then, so that would be true.

Isnt that technically correct if we refer to the state of Russia tho

My teacher said the civil war was about slavery

I had a teacher that claimed Mussolini united Italy for the first time since Rome.

Rus, Russia, same shit, same place. It should go without saying you're not literally talking about the state of Russia.

He's right though. "Russia" didn't exist back then and the Mongols didn't conquer every single Rus state. Novgorod and Moscow remained independent and governed themselves. In fact, they were allied with the Mongols and often received military help against the European knights.

My teacher said the holocaust happened

*war of northern agression

I fucking knew someone was going to post this

My History teacher tried to tell us that America was created by Christians escaping Muslims from Europe. I grew up in Alabama and this is what I was told by a Vietnam vet US history teacher first year of community college.

I am NOT LYING when I say this. My history teacher back in High School was a dumb cunt who everyone hated. Never turned up to class on time and knew nothing about history other than that directly from the textbooks and memes/myths. Once I got sick of her spouting memes/myths after she said Napoleon was tiny about 5 feet I pointed out she was wrong. Parent teacher interview night like a week later she said told me parents I was rude and sexist. I didn't even say it in a co0ndescending way, just pointed out she was wrong as a matter of historical record/principle. She went on to mark me like in the 60's out of 100 range when i was consistently getting over 95/100 in both my other history subjects. She fucked me over hard.

Well, not entirely

He was 5'7". Still a manlet.

Above average at the time

6 here.

Get rekt Napoleon

Which were manlets. Middle age people were as tall as we were today. They were manlets of human history.

true, and they are the states that matter; aklways them in medieval video games.

My teacher said the moors were black.

it always blows my mind that in America teachers can give grades that will actually affect a child's future.

I'm actually from Australia.

So you're saying France was a country of manlets?

only relevant posts, please

good God...

My geography teacher told us Japan was closer to the equator than we were in Florida.

My real history teachers were all pretty rad though.

so you did extension history, modern and ancient?

if you include Okinawa not terribly far off, but as a general statement it's pretty wrong

Senior year of hs my government teacher always said "Manga Charter" instead of "Magna Carta".

I corrected her a few times... but it was a lost cause she was legit retarded.

As wrong as 90% of this stuff is as stupid is this thread.
Almost every statement your teachers has some truth in it or one could argue for and against it.
This doesn't changed the fact history in school is often wrong or biased because of ideologies. Complaining by saying my teacher/Prof is so stupid I know how it really was won't change anything.
My teacher told us the values of the Revolution 1848 (germany) were progressive while most of would today on the right wing of /pol/

Yep. Brilliant marks in extension and ancient almost always over 90-95/100. Modern she fucked me over hard.

maybe she was refering to the Manga Charter, giving Manga protected status? Koreans and Chinese have similar comics but are not considered Manga (the word used means the same thing though.)

research it

I had to give a report on WWII back in AP world history. I said that the United States dropped two nuclear weapons on Japan, and the teacher literally stopped me in front of the class and said no, technically they weren't nuclear.

Still gets my jim jams to this day.

what part of alabama? I live in alabama.

is the community college jeffstate bruh?

>nazis were all brownshirts who liked to crush jewish baby skulls under thier boots
>mfw I trusted a jewish history teacher

Wtf how did she justify that stupidity?

If I remember, he was saying that they were atomic bombs and not nuclear.

oh, and this too

youtu.be/A5sbegfCz7o

>Class, look at your blonde haired and blue eyed classmates. Hitler would've killed every single one of you who didn't look like them!

The blue eyes/brown eyes class experiment is pretty famous.

>Ottomans fucking up silkroad trade
>Columbus tries to circumvent and inadvertently discovers america

I mean I suppose if you really stretch definitions you could justifiy this mindset. This sounds like something you chat about with your other history literate friends as a thought experiment.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with eugenetics and everything to do with in-group/out-group effects.

My AP History teacher actually, and I mean legitimately, believed that the "bad guys won WW2". Her argument for it was less about the ideologies, but how power was abused by the Allies and it was transformative in shaping the indulgent, morally repugnant, capitalization of western society.

Went to a Christian school. They were creationists. Kent Hovind was the super special guest lecturer that came once or twice a year to talk to us.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind

youtube.com/watch?v=7zScQrSgWy8

Oh boy here we go

>Vietnam war was a "tie"
>Europeans got humanist and secularist ideas from Arabs
>Europeans deliberately spread disease among the indigenous in America

>Ottomans fucking up silkroad trade

what did you mean? the silk road trade still exist and is maintained by the ottomans, you just had to go through ottoman porte first unless it was ragusa or french merchant.

Israel never lost a war.
And he doesn't teach history. He teaches [spoiler]theology[/spoiler]

I think in his own way he is trying to describe the hard problem of consciousness.

is he australia's best shitposter?

My teacher took an entire lesson to draw connections from Trumps victory to the start of the first world war.

This website is 18+ only

Said WWI was caused by the death of archduke ferdinand

wretched cow desu.

Phalanx was a medieval archery tactic

You wouldn't believe. Was a major feminist who got triggered all the time too.

While studying castles or something I once asked my teacher if the agricultural flails the farmers were using were nunchucks with genuine interest.

She didn't know what i was talking about so she absolutely lost her shit and made me stand outside. It was the straw the broke the camels back for me in life really.

He said WRONG high school teachers.

>Vietnam war was a "tie"

That's nonsense, it's was a US defeat.

>Europeans got humanist and secularist ideas from Arabs

We did get various classical philosophical texts and commentaries on those texts from them so...

What's wrong with this?

Lol it was about state's rights. To own slaves.

Nothing wrong with that.

It can be a fun little game, actually, to try and draw comparisons between two points in history.

>he thinks the north was fighting to free the slaves

>he's implying the South wasn't fighting to keep their slaves

?????

There are history teachers in university buddy, back to the farm with you.

As a Russian and a historian (writing my phd paper by watching anime right now):
Technically, there were no Russia at that time, only endlessly feuding independent states/principalities.
Technically, they didn't conquer Novgorod and some other Nothern territories.
Technically, russian aristocracy was incorporated into Golden Horde establishment.
It can be said that they didn't occupy Russia, they vassalized it.
So, maybe you just don't get his point?

>writing my phd paper by watching anime right now
Living the dream

As a degenerate, I see nothing wrong with this. The progressives have been around since that time and honestly the social retardation of the left caused it to happen. The progressives no longer care for the working man but rather safe spaces for the next generation of voters.

But... my shirt says Made in Vietnam? If we lost then wouldn't it say a different country? I mean, this war is considered the epitome of Capitalism versus "Communism".

While not strictly true, it's not really incorrect either.

Humanist thought was introduced by the Greeks, long before the rise of Islam. Who, by the way, are European themselves.

>colonial era
>having an understanding of germ theory

that jews are innocent

The medieval was a time of darkness and suffering

The rebublicans during the spanish civil war were the good ones

Mandela was a peaceful freedom fighter and the ANC only committed attacks against infrastructure

My highschool teacher told me the average plebian was a typical mediterranean person while the average Patrician had generally lighter hair and Nordic complexion, at least up to augustus, like the Founding Fathers.

Yes and much of the Greeks tekst were lost to Europeans following the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Texts were rediscovered both by Europeans but also traded across Spain and the Mediterranean by Muslims.

>But... my shirt says Made in Vietnam?
That the capitalistic system won over communism by peaceful means doesnt change the fact that the USA lost the war

>I mean, this war is considered the epitome of Capitalism versus "Communism"
The cold war was the epitome of capitalism versus communism, or take the corea war if you like. but i doubt many people consider the vietnam war as such, since the extremely assymmetric warfare. Don't think many of the Vietnamese peasants knew much about Marx.

If anything the biggest hand muslims had in the rise of secular thought during the European renaissance was the diaspora of scholars fleeing the ottomans.

My teacher said Hannibal was black and that the Europeans killed 200 million native Americans in North America

That the Muslims invaded India in the 5th century

that number isn't necessarily wrong, but it depends on what you mean by "killing".

So fucking Hitler wins rules the earth with and iron fist. All the jews and gypsies die, Japanese Kawaii life is everywhere.

>mfw I started post mad and ended agreeing

Dude 100 million is a exetremely high estimate of pre Columbian exchange America. The 200 million stat was cooked up by taking the most densely populated costal settlements and using their estimated population density over the ENTIRE North American landmass.
TL:DR an extremely misleading and inflated statistic

Some smug bitch in my class said that you got punished for saying the Earth is round when Galileo lived. I argued that it was wrong but the teacher said she's right.

>high school
My UNIVERSITY world history teacher said Germany lost ww2 because they invaded Russia through Siberia during winter.

Not through Poland in the summer.

We have no fucking idea how many died by the time we would be counting they were decimated. I highly doubt a bunch of people living in tents on the Prairie with no major permanent settlements had that population. Sure there were some big places but 100 million I think is fucking insanely high.

Hannibal was black though this is a proven fact. My family has told me my whole life I'm probably an ancestor of carthaginians cause my dad is a legal resident from north africa (mom is white)

I personally think a 100 million in the entire Western Hemisphere is not impossible but a generous estimate. This idiot was claim Mexico, USA and Canada had 200 million people living in them until mean old Europeans showed up and killed them all with small pox blankets

Fuck off Baity Baiterson

Ya that is crazy. Not to mention the Indians were slaughtering each other en masse as well. Look at south america the spanish conquered everything with like 100 men because of aid from the population.

I had a teacher say that the IJN Kirishima was a battleship. What a fool.

Well yes that guy is an idiot but for more than one reason. The only place in the Americas with consistently "genocidal" and "exclusionist" expansionist policies was the US. The Spanish just made native ruling classes part of their ruling class after they converted and made the natives peasants. So the natives in Mexico and S. America are still largely around to this day both genetically and culturally.

I guess that's the downside of a federal republic with outlawed aristocracy. Chiefs you're conquering and their unelected unrepresentative power can go eat a Dick.

10 minutes of Google searching Spanish diseases in South America during colonisation. Itll do you some good

>writing my phd paper by watching anime right now
godspeed

That's not really their fault though. At least not most of it.

That doesn't change the fact that the Spanish had a policy of conquering, converting and ruling while the US is unique in having a policy of displacing and settling and the latter being far closer to genocide than the former.

The end of it technically was.
It started obviously to preserve the Union and keep our country together. Once the emancipation hit, it was 80% preservation still, but included slavery in there.

The Spanish were also dealing with more advance societies that had way more people than the US. By the time the US was even a thing most natives had been long since wiped out. The US wasn't unique because it intentionally killed many natives, it was unique in that the natives there were very sparsely populated so it lead to in many areas total colonization. You can see a similar thing with Argentina. The higher the native population at contact the more mixing that occurred. The US had way less natives than say Mexico or Peru. So naturally the US had much less mixing.