/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous Timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- BBCF 2.0 now out in arcades, consoles and PC featuring Jubei and a large amount of balance changes.
- BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle (feat. P4A, UNIB and RWBY) coming in 2018 to PS4, Switch and PC.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are also available on Steam.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BlazBlue Character Selector
kalavinka.co.uk/EMBER/
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
-Discord Links
pastebin.com/UM1rb5SJ
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-Blazblue Central Fiction Beginner's Tutorial: Beginner Characters and Where to Start
youtube.com/watch?v=mAnBUUjDSxk [Open]

ded thread

Good morning /blaz/

rube

I hate choking, but i think I hate this Nine boss more.
The best part is the next two bosses are probably worse.

The real fun comes on the last floor user

Dont tell me that, i am floundering as it is.

Im not ashamed to say i cheesed my way through unlimited nine, bitch has uniel-like hitboxes that will counter you into oblivion

the Last three are the only unlimiteds in the game on top of the already heavily inflated stats you have already been dealing with magnified by some.

There used to be a mode called unlimited mars, you would just fight AI in unlimited, and that shit was really hard, but they cut that from this game so rip.

But yeah, once I got to Nine I stopped caring about abyss mode. You have to do the same cheese on everybody once they get to enough health.

>knew the old thread would die
>didn't bump it because of the Mai OP
who /devilish/ here?

i was /asleep/

Do you think Arcsys might consider an unlocking method for crosstag like how Smash and supposedly Street Fighter do? Probably just wishful thinking, but that could change the PR disaster to something "fun"
Also I'm annoyed that they still haven't said anything...

>unlimited mars, you would just fight AI in unlimited, and that shit was really hard
no kidding, ragna's c(?) the one with bang as the first match in CP route was a little big easier, but everytime i got my ass handed to me.
bought the dlc the moment i saw it

I just realized that Arcsys is getting effectively free advertising for crosstag from rooster teeth and probably Atlus too, both of which have larger fanbases, and yet they're still going to end up treating the game like shit huh.

I think the only one I could ever beat reliably was the tao unlimited, god, I just remembered how Noel's unlimited just spammed distortions nonstop because they changed her distortions into normals...

Well the finale was a dissappointing, as was the whole volume really. At least I don’t have to worry about spoilers today.

Be sure to show your family/pets as much love as you can /blaz/. My dog isn’t doing too well and it’s been really rough. We don’t know what’s really wrong with her (the vets coming today) but I think this might be it. I’m gonna miss her so much.

How mad were you when Ruby called out for the checkmate move and we just cut from that? I loved those moves and they fuck me over with that tease

There was way too much offscreening going on these past few episodes, it was ridiculous. There was really no reason to cut away from that at all. It would have made the reunion a bit nicer by actually showing them working together again.

t. lambdasoyfag

>seething noelcuck

The best part about that was before they did it, they were at a loss on how to stop hulk man, after we come back, Ruby and her team are panting but have won with Hazel saying they need to get out of her, Weiss and Blake's sword beam spam along with Ruby's speed apparently is only allowed to change a fight when we can't see what's going on. Fucking hell, I wonder if this disappointment of a crossover will even let us pull those moves off in game.

>triggered lambdanumale in witness protection program

>delusional noelfag cant stop projecting

so whats the lore behind the Noel vs Lambda shitposting?

Neither of these characters seem particularly offensive

Lambda replaced Nu and took her symphathetic aspects away from her which makes Nufags really mad. Noel had her entire character development removed at the start of CF so that she could return to being the annoying bumbling idiot she was in CT for the entire game.

Screw CF

Nah, CF was enjoyable for the most part, it's just that it handled Noel like shit after the one good thing that came from CP was Noel finally turning not shit.

>anti-CFcuck seething over the fact that CF will always be more canon than his shitty fanfiction
lmao

Nothing is canon in the Blazblue franchise, it all gets retconned in the next installment or a subsequent sidework.

>anti-CFcuck has to stretch things THIS hard to try and make his headcanon true
lmao. CF was clear in that the events in it affected every single timeline, there's no ambiguity about it no matter how desperately you want it to be

I'll stick with the other three games, at least they were worth reading.

>CP
>worth reading
anti-CFcuck was a delusional Celicafag all along!

CP was trash and CF is miles better than it in terms of story. Nobody is going to waste their time with the old games anymore either way.

Perhaps I meant CS1 CS2 and CSE

>so whats the lore behind the Noel vs Lambda shitposting?
Lambdafag is salty that Noel is objectively better than Lambda in every way and more popular too

Nu is also objectively better than Lambda in every way and more popular as well, by the way

Is anyone in this general playing on PC?

Next Blazblue fighting game will have a special gacha system in place to unlock playable characters. Each time you roll the character you're given one token for them, you're allowed to play them once per token. You can buy ten rolls for $3, but otherwise you have to wait a few hours for your rolls to refresh.

This system will be praised far and wide as one of the most caring and progressive gaming systems in the industry, promoting character variety and encouraging people to take breaks from the game and Blazblue will obtain a record high for their player population.

How bad of a matchup is Hazama against that cocksucker?
I was trying to beat her in arcade mode and boi, I don't remember getting so mad at a video game since when I tried to beat that Skullgirls' boss at the highest difficulty.
Pic related: the most braindead move ever made in a fighting game

I play on it on occasion but am too busy the next couple weeks to get any games in.

idk but if its anything like playing lambda I would guess Nine is favored. She was stuffing half my shit from 3/4 screen with her fucking normals. Wiffed normals, navy pressures and various durdling (like the countdown or the fairy setups)was the only way i was converting anything.

I dont know much about hazama since i am a noob though.

To my knowledge Nine has the advantage in almost all matchups due to her stupid range on her normals that all lack hurtboxes, among other things.

I know Nu is a notable exception, but even then. I don't remember who else has advantage over Nine off the top of my head.

I do, but on and off
I kinda hope for a /blaz/ lobby but I don't think there's enough here

I FINALLY BEAT THE WHORE
I kept double jumping at one side of the screen while she was throwing those punches from the other and when I managed to get over them I would CH her with the chain, close in and then unga her away.
I also noticed she would always take a CH if I did a C>6C so I basically won by doing the same combo until I had filled my tension enough to reset her with the kick. I doubt it would ever work if I was fighting against a real person, though.

Rachel beats Nine for the same reasons Nu does

That... actually seems pretty plausible

Yeah, it probably is. Nu isn't mind broken,she's recovering from eating her sister's awful ass cooking. No wonder they kept Lamdba, it also makes you worry because Lambda as Ragna put it, "Seems to have her shit together the most" yet Noel has the life experience to make sure both don't go around solving their problems with swords

What is he saying? Why did he steal it?

blayblue has to be the worst thing they ever let the rwby va's say

Agreed

Also, I'm hoping that one of you will end up posting news of if Arcsys ever addresses the DLC thing. ArcsysU has been dodging crosstag ever since the announcement.

Rube

Why won’t you let us die? Do you like to see us suffer?

Guys I ordered an arcade stick, now I'm gonna be the best player

>not hitbox

>using cheatbox

Just use a keyboard. It's like a hitbox but better.

As long as yours doesn't do the ghosting where it doesn't accept all your inputs if you're holding specific keys down, otherwise yeah, keyboard all the way.

So apparantly a DBZ trailer or footage for the new character revealed a super where she transforms the enemy into food and then eats them, and now everybody is parading about vore fetishes

>OP still not updated with the new cross tag info
Shame on you OP

Well, she's a majin
Of course she turns you into food to eat you
Secondaries not even once

Exactly, like she's not even doing the whole vore swallow thing, she's just... eating. Eating is now a fetish

people will complain about literally anything

ded character selector still there as well ;_;

Buu and Kid Buu already does it, but of course as soon as a female character does it's a fetish.

does anybody here know why it's down? If it's gone for good then we should just remove it

>past few saturdays
>thread got flooded by rwby fags
>today nothing but a couple posts by weissfag
Did they finally get the memo that they’re not welcome here?

I think Weissfag is alright desu. But yeah it has been kinda quiet.

>flooded by rwby fags
but there's only three of them

The last episode of the volume was pretty bad, so now it's just waiting until /trash/

Why was Hakumen x Nu a thing back in CT era?

everyone loves hakumen!

>RWBYfags gone
>Maifags gone
Man, now what, we got our threads back but to be honest, I don't really feel as eager to be here anymore now that the battle's been won and it's all said and done.

Why are we still here...
just to suffer?
punished ragna when?

Friends listen closely I won’t say this twice
Hope’s running out and we haven’t much time

Did ASW ever comment further on the BBTAG DLC situation after the initial announcement?

Well it’s been a pretty bad day /blaz/. I’m still gonna put up a lobby to try and distract me a bit because I obviously don’t feel too good right now.
Pass is vidya like always

no

the dlc drove them away
based mori plan all along

Will the BBTAG DLC be day one or will we be waiting months for characters ripped from other games?

>Be sure to show your family/pets as much love as you can

Mori then calls in all the remaining blazblue fans through a secret line, and informs them that the loyal shall be rewarded, crosstag will have 80 playable characters at base, at no extra charge, but if they inform anybody else about it, they will be publically executed for their crimes.

If they'd tell us maybe we'd know. For all we know Blake might still be in early phases and all they could show us were some prototype sprites. But that's probably unlikely, I'm sure there will be like, four dlc packs available day one, whether they're free or not because of that is a different story though.

Maybe if we're extra lucky they'll all be available day one in the US and the default package will come with them all by default, with no need of extra DLC (ha, as if right?)

If that were the case could you imagine how pissed the JP fans would be? actually. Now I kinda want that to happen just to see how arcsys responds to such negativity from their own people.

Well fuck. I just want to know already whether I should care about the game again or wait another year for the full version.

Same here. All we can do at this point is hope that they're in the process of taking their heads out of their asses and coming up with a new strategy for the game where everybody is happy, instead of simply letting the game off itself to all the bad press.

>10

Did the DLC announcement kill this thread?

Along with tossing out the RWBYfags and Maifags yes, nobody gives a shit about the new mobile game or Crosstag after that stupid reveal. So this is how /blaz/ dies, there's no fun in even storyfagging what points in time the characters come from

This has to be the last match sorry guys. Something came up.

Well, I guess Blazblue had to die eventually, it was already on lifesupport for a few years already as is. It had a pretty good run overall.

But where we go, what will we do? At this point a new chapter in blazblue wouldn't be enough to gain back fans, we lost too many mains for people to be interested in a new cast of people. I feel like the same will happen to the guilty gear guys once Sol's story is over, Daisuke is a pretty set in his way kinda dude, if he doesn't want to continue the franchise after Sol's chapter that could mean the end of Guilty Gear as a whole again. So dead GG and deader BB, What can arc system works fans gather around together? The new IP mori and daisuke apparenlty want to work on once daisuke finishes GG with the third game?

GGs. Thanks for the lobby.

Hope your day gets better

Lobby is closed. GGs. Sorry it was such a short one tonight.

the current guilty gear cast isn't going anywhere, ASW is gonna milk all Xrd assets for like 10 years at minimum.

the only reason "ragna's story is over" is because they have to retire the current sprites anyway

I think that Blazblue will live on in JP land with all their super anime stuff that only truly ever appeals to them, and that'll keep it on lifesupport long enough for when we get our inevitable reboot in like a decade or something. At that point Blazblue will be fresh and shiny again, and everybody will flounder over it.

But the problem then is.... will it be the Blazblue we knew and loved? Or will it just be.. something completely different? Will that be a good thing? Will we be completely over the series by that point, or will it reel us back in?

It really makes me sad though. I've come to realize over the years that BB is something that helped keep me going. I'm not sure what I'll replace it with at this stage.

Actually, continuing off of that, we'll probably get some unique spinoffs like Guilty Gear did with overture and such, I remember hearing something about a Blazblue RPG. if its an Action RPG I'd be interested in checking it out if its not shit.

any non-fighting game made by arcsys is guaranteed to be absolute trash

Frosty Faustings was hype. Tragic end, though.

I think Daisuke mentioned something as well about wanting to get every character from xx back into it as well. So it'll be around for a while. Justice is supposedly going to play a bit more similar to how Nu does? Wondering how that'll play out.

Action RPG is close enough to fighting that I'd hold off my skepticism long enough to consider it.

Will she remember him? She literally has no purpose in life without him.