/2hug/ - Touhou General #96

Previous thread: Bait edition

>So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there. Some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway.

1: Arkanoid's drunk abusive cousin.
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5, 15.5: Fighting games.

The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist. Once you're done with the main series you can move on to the fangames, of which some are of excellent quality.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Touhou is the game for the civilized men.

Other urls found in this thread:

tinyurl.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Amanojacute

reimu sux

i concur

I beg to differ
you sux

I'm sure you would know. Considering how often you sleep with her.

congratulations
you just confirmed it

I wish.

Dumb Tei poster

Who are you rooting for /2hug/ to win the superbowl?

I want to put my penis inside Junko

What's "superbowl"?

This is just their version of foreplay.

Anyone but the vikings.

Tenshi.

Your wife is my paizuri slave dude

Which 2hu is the best chef?

Sagume

Mystia, probably. She runs a stand, after all.

Mystia, Sakuya and Mokou are good cookers!

>Mokou
Goodness, no. She's a self-professed atrocious cook. She only makes food when starvation proves too painful for her to cope with, and even then her dishes literally kill her.

>Being so retarded that you keep dying on everything you do
Is Moko retarded?

eirin could probably make some damn good dishes

Misty is the cutest and best chef! Wife material

No, she just ran out of shits to give several hundred years ago.

Those are lies from the dumb neet. She can't beat Mokou so she has to rely on spreading fake rumors about her.

Mystia and ran would be top chefs

IN would be a perfect game if it weren't for the shitty deathbombing system.

Vikings confirmed fucked

IN would be a perfect game if it weren't for the 2 finales and instead made Kaguya extra stage and Mokou Phantasm stage.

IN would be a perfect game if it weren't for the shitty human/youkai system

IN would be a perfect game if the Border Team wasn't stupidly overpowered.

user, if you were completly immortal. You would also find new and creative ways to kill yourself every day.

The Border Team wouldn't be so stupidly overpowered if the deathbomb system didn't suck.

While i agree that she is a pretty good chef. I don't think she would make a very good wife. She's a smug malicious siren girl that used to feed on the flesh of humans she lured in with her music. I mean, just imagine how awkward visiting family would be if she was your wife.

IN would be a perfect game if it was SA.

Theres nothing wrong with the system in my opinion, it's pretty much a non-factor and can be ignored like 99% of the time, unlike the UFOs in UFO or release in HSiFS

You can ignore the UFOs and releases
The only game that forces its gimmick down your throat is LoLK

Probably Ran. I mean, she had nine hundred years to get good at it.

This, it's only useful for that extra spell or for score but it's not that annoying. Plus, I like that some attacks are restricted for humans and some for youkai, like Reimu's orbs hitting you as Marisa but not as Alice.

tinyurl.com
/y7v2u3o6

What's up. If anyone want to submit their scores:
1. Post a screenshot of your final score or scoreboard here, follow by your name and which character are you using. And I will handle the rest.
2. Or you want to edit yourselves and stay anonymous, sign out off your gmail account then make the edit.
3. Post a screenshot of your score or scoreboard in imgur.
4. Type in your score and your name in the spreadsheet and insert the imgur link in it.

If there's anything you don't like about the spreadsheet, let me know.

Is Eiki trying to get Komachi's pussy?

Does it? Last I checked you can opt to not use Pointdevice mode.

Yeah, but the game is designed around pointdevice so you are jump gimping yourself until you learn the first 2 stages and bombspam the rest of the game

The game is sill balanced around point device mode. So it's sorta forced, sorta not.

Is SA a bad game for giving you a total of 12 lives in a run? TD must be a god tier game for you guys huh?

LoLK gives you way more lives so that's a false equivalence

Hey 2hug, I just beat MoF as Marisa on Normal, but I did it on a big TV with my craptop, so no "blogposting" of it, though not that it matters since the dialogue wasn't of much importance.

That said, I did take pictures of the ending screens as it had some important bits of lore that I'd like to share.

Spoiled images followed are ending screens so watch at your own risk.

So according to this the Youkai do not attack humans, and the kappa and tengu are among the strongest, but they don't take kindly to intruders.

So in what regard would a human be allowed to go there? Probably for business stuff.

I mentioned nothing about lives, I don't like LoLK myself but I'm not gonna shit on it for lives and shit. I don't like it because it's balanced around pint device to the games detriment.

Youkai of the mountain specifically do not attack humans, non mountain youkai sure as fuck do.

Here we have a cute nitori.

This is an important bit of lore because it shows that ZUN is in fact a good artist.

And unless you have a good reason you won't be allowed further in the mountain as evidenced here, thought you won't be attacked, just basically told to shove off.

Assuming that Kappa/Tengu do indeed trade with the human village.I imagine human merchants would occasionally visit it.

ZUN is just really shit at colouring, his art is passable before that

His anatomy isn't the best either. He's not bad at color, at least if you don't really care about shading.

What's the point? Less than a handful of people play for score even on /jp/, let alone here.

you should read the print works desu.

Now here we have an even cuter Nitori and Kanoko, they're also well drawn.

Anyway according to this, an Oni god used to live there, but when they left the Youkai of the mountain became bored.

After getting her ass kicked by Marisa, the Moriya shrine came to an understanding with the Youkai of the mountain.

Now they party every fucking day, life must be nice up there.

Once I'm done with this lore talk I'll post some of my screenshots you can upload to the docs.

Yeah I'd imagine the same thing too, makes a lot of sense anyway.

His colouring isn't the best, I agree, but these black and white sketches actually look good.

I have. I just can't quite remember if it was ever confirmed if the human village had a trade agreement with the Kappa/Tengu.

Here's a better image.

>Faith IS intimacy

Whew lads. Maybe Reimu should host a party every single day like the Moriya Shrine does.

Would Reimu go on a rampage if Marisa was killed?

Okay now here's the last bit of important lore.

>Beneath the mountain. The relationship between the humans and youkai was as surpisingly as good as always

>The relationship between the humans and youkai was as surpisingly as good as always

"Gensokyo is a shit place for humans" fags absolutely BTFO.

Raiko is very stylish.

Depends on who killed her. I could see her getting quite miffed if the human village went full "BURN THE WITCH!" on her.

>if the Border Team wasn't stupidly overpowered
>Reimu/Yukari
They've got every right to be overpowered.

>being ruled by youkai
>getting killed by youkai secret police if you get too smart
>unless you're kosozu
Right, great, really btfo.

So when youkai party the Moriya shrine it's faith city but when youkai party at the Hakurei shrine it's fucking nothing? Got it.

I thought it would be a fun thing that we can do together as a community. I just thought if we have a little bit of competition that would motivate some anons to do better.

I already made the sheet goddamnit. I don't want it to go to waste.

Ok buddy

please stop shitting up our thread on /v/ kudasai.

no

Fuck off

I rather die

>going to /v/

They're partying with Reimu, not the Hakurei God. Big difference, especially since unlike Sanae, Reimu can't claim godhood herself.

>implying we go to /v/

>/v/
>kudasai

Show up to the party any time, Hakurei god.

I'm sure that's a great comfort for the various outsiders that get butchered in Gensokyo on a weekly basis.

>implying /v/ doesn't do a good job of that itself
Those threads were radioactive before 2hug existed.

I'm confused. How can Youkai make life hell for humans if the MoF ending confirms they have very good relations with each other?

Here's my PCB 1cc Score. It was done on Hard.

Put it under the name Sakuyanon, and I used Sakuya A for this run.

>user spergs out over shanghai.exe being mentioned like 3 threads ago and said it was to "protect" the general
>shitposter on /v/ is using very similar language
hmmm......

We don't want your crossboarding drama here, so get lost

We could use something other than scores

Whoever keeps linking /2hug/ on /v/ and /jp/ need to be punished severely by eiki

like what?

Youkai aren't allowed to kill villagers, but that doesn't mean they can't give them a hard time by bullying them, scaring them and using their abilities to fuck with human resources in order to make them purchase their own wares/services in order to remind them that Youkai are still the greater power in Gensokyo.

Dunno, number of 1CCs, shottypes, maybe some self-imposed challenges?

What the fuck do you want us to do about it? Go to his house and kick his ass? You think we like this thread being shitted up? There's just less people here so we don't take baits for 100 posts.

Well, I think if IN is anything to go by, people going out of the village at night are free game. I could be wrong in thinking that though.

But if the were doing that in the vast majority they wouldn't have "surprisingly good relations" with humans.

lol I wouldn't be posting here if they didn't link it there. I never check Veeky Forums because it's usually garbage.

No, that's right. If you cover yourself in salmon juice and camp out naked in a bear cave, you have nobody to blame but yourself when you get mauled by bears.

It was a couple months ago. If someone says 2hug exists I can figure out what they mean by that.

nevermind, didn't read that in context.

I recall that, Mystia wanted to go eat humans with the BT.

All done. How does it feels holding the highest score in Hard PCB Sakuya-A in this general? Feels good, right?

Oh yeah, you mentioned you 1cc'd EoSD Lunatic once. Want to submit your score Seijafriend?

But I don't play for score.

I don't care. I want something as a placeholder.