/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Wwwhy gombo playlist in OP twice?

Paul players, how do I qcf+3+4 into f,f2:1?

Practice. The timing is really strict what helped me is to wait a bit longer before f,f+2:1 and then repeat it but everytime a bit faster.

post hatemail

>people rage quitting against my scrubby Lee

But why?

They don't know the matchup

Off topic question, what do you do against lee's chained lowkicks?

>TheMainManswe says that hitbox are retarded, cheap broken and overpowered
It's over lads, it's time to buy a cheapbox

Parry. IIRC, unlike King's ali kicks, you can even parry after being hit by the first 2 unless they've changed it since Tag 2.

Alternatively, if he does the whole string, you launch him because it's unsafe as fuck.

Thanks I'll take it into the lab so the occasional lee player can't cheese me with it

Question repost regarding the People's Elbow:

People's elbow is the guaranteed damage option after RD which is useful if you don't want to take the risk of having your GT broken.

Otherwise, it hits people who stay down and sideroll without necessitating the risk of a GT and with some more damage than a simple d+3. Usually used in situations where the opponent can't tech roll and kill you for it.

It also has a use in some specific oki situations. For instance, after d/f+2(CH),1, you can people's elbow them and input f+2,d+1. If they attempt to get straight up, you will hit them backturned and you can confirm into the full f+2,d+1,2 launch combo. LilMajin uses this setup frequently, but I'm not really much of a fan because your regular Tekken player pretty much always holds back and it fucks up the setup. King has much better BT oki setups than that one IMO.

Sorry, when I said RD here. I meant when you land RD on a grounded opponent (i.e. when they are lying down) - which is usually when you should be using your rage drive anyway.

Most commonly, you will replace your shining wizard combo ender with the rage drive and either go for a GT or people's elbow (or u+2).

Yeah, that's how I tend to use it. The GT is rarely ever broken, but it's something to think about.

Thanks for this, there's a lot of information here do I'll review it all in the lab.

>King has much better BT oki setups than that one IMO.
He does? Could you share please? I know none of them. I also never know how to end a BT juggle, because of course no SW ender.

Give me some anti-yoshi strats, /tekgen/

play keep-out

I just had the greatest set of my life where I played like a god for my level

does the "win 100 wins to unlock this" only apply to online wins?

>Being a winlet
Just waste all your free time lmao
Unless otherwise specified, PvE should be fine. Do Treasure Battle for extra unlocks

This, and punish him for doing stupid shit. Playing against yoshi is a test of patience and reactions. The rest of it is standard tekken stuff like mixups and movement.

>could 100% destroy you with hwo
Lmao. So Hwoarang really is "that character" in this game huh.

If regular Jin shouted DORYA instead of DAH I would instantly main him but just that little thing makes him unplayable

>Never this many messages nor as much detail on PSN
The best I get is a 'gg' friend or obvious fishing for hatemail to post online

Wait for him to try some dumb flashy meme shit and take the free win.

>I also never know how to end a BT juggle, because of course no SW ender.
f+2,1, f+2+3 or 1+2,1 all usually work.

>Could you share please?
Some of the ones I like are as follows:
Off a short juggle, such as d/b+3(CH), WS 2,2 S! you can end your combo with b+2,4. This will flip them over and will allow you to do the u/f+1+2 unblockable. The only way for them to escape is to stay down and side roll.

If you want to take a real gamble, you can finish the juggle with b+2,4, f+2,d+1,2. In this case, if your opponent gets straight up, they end up BT and you can relaunch them again with another f+2,d+1,2. If they stay down, you can get 2 consecutive ground throws on them (and 3 if you have rage drive).

Another setup I like is off d/f+2(CH),1. Against a large portion of the cast (although not against the female characters and a few of the male characters, for whatever reason), you get the d/f+2(CH),1, d/f+4,3, d/f+2,1 S! combo, which you can finish with f+2,1 or whatever. If you instead finish with f,f+2, you can force them to get up BT regardless of whether they hold back or not. This guarantees another f+2,1, ali kick at the very least.

There's also a bunch of weird triple ground throw and unblockable setups you can do off King's irish whip if you have rage drive available.

When you play Jin you just have to accept that you're a fag.

>double/ triple ground throws
How is such a thing possible? I've never heard of anything like this. Does it require special ones or a particular order? Really appreciate this btw, some great info.

Lovely Aris meme, got any more?

It's just common sense really.

>How is such a thing possible?
In certain grounded positions, you get two GT attempts by default. You may have noticed this if you ever managed to land King's kick parry, for instance.

In situations where your opponent is facing down with their legs toward you, you can ground throw them, rage drive to spike them, sidewalk around to their feet, ground throw them again - which will leave them lying perpendicular to you - which will allow for a third ground throw. The timing is quite tight.

A good way to practice the second situation is with irish whip. If you input 1+2,2+4 and dash toward them, you get a ground throw in the position needed to attempt the GT loop.

Also, I'm basically just repeating shit that I've been seeing LilMajin do in his tournament matches recently. He's the sort of King player to come up with these weird setups.

Whether you're playing matches or spending time practicing, don't forget to stay hydrated while playing! You can't be at your peek performance if you're not drinking plenty of water!

SUBETE WO

is there a point to playing miguel

Miguel's super fun

he seems like he's only half conscious at any given moment

Memeing people with that one hit kill.

maybe if I get lucky I can get 60 damage from a 9 hit wall combo
miguel is SHIT

Pissing people off with great pokes.

Lol what shit combo are you doing

what combos are you doing, the movelist only has 60s

>using movelist combos

Anyone who says Steve has bad lows is full of fucking shit

He has bad lows.

according to you are full of shit

There's much more than movelist combos chum.

What kind of combo you want?

you are so full of fucking shit

Mishimas are dishonest.

Electric must be one of the most satisfying moves in all fighting games

Doesn't make it any less useful m8, I'm still grateful you took the time.

Characters with grabs are dishonest.

still learning fundamentals so I really just want one or two 60 combos I can pull off on most situations

Predictions for Evo Japan?

He doesn't really though. d+1 is his best low and it isn't that great.

By 60 you mean 60 damages ?

Try this :
Whiff punisher
db2,1 f1,2,4 SAV1,1 f,f2,1

Hopkick
uf4, 3, 4 f,f2,1

CH
b1, f,3,2 uf,2,2,2

It's just basic combos, there is more optimised, but if you're new it's a decent start

WS+2,4 ; S! ; SSR ; SAV u/f+3 ; d/f+4,1~f ; SAV u/f+3 ; f,f+2,1

I don't think you should be giving combos with 1 frame links to someone who's just starting to play a character

These are piss easy and all you need:

UF4; DB2; DF1; DF4,1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 = 63 dmg (switch the final FF2,1 for FF2,2 for wall carry)

DF2,1; 4; DB2; DF1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 = 67 dmg (switch to FF2,2 for wall carry. You can also DF1, FF2,1 after the dash for 3 dmg more, but needs practice)

SAV DF2; DB2; DF1; DF4,1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 (switch to FF2,2 for wall carry)

What's the break on ultimate tackle?

2 to break, 1+2 right when you land to flip over

I just beat a Vanquisher Bryan as a Warrior King. We played a ft10, where the final score was 10-1. I don't know if he was drunk, but he dropped a lot of combos, and whiffed a lot of stuff fullscreen, so I got a lot of free punishes. His wallpressure was also really bad, and he couldn't handle it when I pressured him.

Was he just bad, or is there really not a huge skill gap between warrior and vanquisher?

Got it, thanks. Thought it was 1+2 for both so I got the flip over occasionally but the timing seems pretty tight, and I was wondering why it never broke it.

Why does everyone learn offense before defense? I see a lot of people play online that seem to have decent offensive gameplans, some of them don't even seem to flow chart at all (or their flowchart is complex enough to not be figured out in a few games) but once you pressure them they completely crumble. Wouldn't defense be a priority so you can at least set up your offense?

Most Bryans get there spammign Orbital and Snake Edges

Offense is the best defense, it's a lot less complicated to just be on the offensive than defend. That's why blues and greens is full of relentless pressure.

Defense takes 500 years to learn in Tekken and a lot of it is pure guessing as well

I guess that's why whiffing in their faces goes unpunished as well, they haven't the slightest idea what defence or movement means. I guess I should just be rushing everyone down until I hit yellows.

1+2 still works for the initial break as far as I know.

You're right on the money, thanks

You will legitimately see nobody attempt a punish until yellow ranks.

Defence is just hard in Tekken. It requires far better reaction time and far more game knowledge than just rushing people down with gimmicks.

No problem, my man.

I spend at least half my time in Tekken deathmatching with a Lee player. I know him back to front.

Yeah just checked, you can break it with 2 or 1+2

Thanks for this man
Do you have some nice stuff to with with a CH B+2, the db+1 and the SAV 1+2 ?

>dragunov wr2 tracks slightly to the right
>all his other moves are sidestepped to the right
Well that's very fucking lame. Why are they intend on making this character so much harder to counter than to play?

you can walk wr2 to both sides desu

It clips me everytime I try it in a real match.

Sure thing buddy:

CH B1; SSR; DB2; DF1; DF4,1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 (needs practice with the SSR)

if not you can always CH B1; DF1; DF4,1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 (deals around fifty something dmg, but way easier)

DB1; 4; D4,1+2 = 37 dmg

Hold DB1; CC; DB2; DF1; DF4,1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 = 62 dmg (crouch cancel by pressing up after the db1)

Other miguel CH combos:

CH 4; 4; D4,1+2 = 44 dmg

CH F2; DB2; DF1; DF4,1; DF2,2; dash; FF2,1 = 70 dmg

Wonderful, many thanks user.

>can't react to feng's shoulder being blocked so I never launch it

shoulders are tough to punish, don't stress it. Just make a mental note for next time and keep the round going. Also remember that an unoptimal punish is better than no punish

CH b+2 doesn't launch anymore but the second hit does
CH (b+2),2:
-- WS 2,4 !S db+2, d+4,1+2
-- WS 1, db+2, df+1,1, df+2,2 !S f,f+2,1
-- cc db+2, df+1~f, SAV df+1, df+2,2 !S uf+3,2,2
SAV 1+2:
-- ssr, f,f+3 !S db+2, df+1~f, SAV 1,2,1
-- ssr, SAV uf+3, df+1~f, SAV df+1, df+2,2 !S uf+3,2,2
And for f,f+3: !S db+2, df+1, df+4,1~f, SAV 1,2,1

>peek

>guy does nothing but spam command throw
>break about 3 out of 10 of them, not bad
>figure out he can't break regular throws
>throw spam his ass
>he disconnects
kek.

Completely new tournament tier list afterwards

Lots and lots of Kazuya nerfs after TMM takes EVO without losing a single round.

How do I get gud at iWR at close range?

Practice

Kazuya's df4 is definitely 13 frames, don't trust this nigger. I can't be bothered to install a program to create webms but you can go to practice mode and check it out for yourself with any -13 move (Claudio's hopkick for example)

What's the best way to practice it?

Not that dude but I thought Claudio's hopkick was like -14 or more punishable than the average hopkick at least

Buffer the first forward input in the recovery frames of a move. Try jab iWR or df1 iWR

I'll give this a try, thanks!

Nope. And this is why you should check rbnorway before correcting people about frame data.

get a hitbox

Nice reading comprehension faggot.

Absolutely not.