>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hsd9s2drl38
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Priscilla's HD feetsies!

During the loading screen I bring up the steam overlay, check recent players and click everyone that seems to be in the current game (with like 7 seconds since last met online).
Obviously some can also be other invaders, so if there are a ton of people I don't bother. But if it's 1-2 it's usually the host and a friend.

Yeah it's weird. It still gets worse scaling and eventual damage than stuff like the claymore, but at low levels it outdoes them in elemental AR.

Blessed or Lightning for FAI builds?

1st for upload fail

If you're using LKGS, Blessed. Otherwise, physical infusion with Lightning Blade buff.

Different guy but if I'm going STR/FAI would it behoove me to go Heavy with LKGS with 40 STR/15 FTH for Blessed weapon buff ?

Are pyromancers actually cancer in dark souls 3? I never see them but people talk mad shit about them.

Just mad Harry Potters / FTH casters being jeoud

Someone please help me. I'm new to the game, i know all the "git gud" shit, but i'm having a shit ton of trouble with the Taurus demon. I tried to kill him 5 or 6 times already but i fail every time i try. What the fuck do i do. My equip consists of the default weapons and armor of the Knight class, if that helps.

I'd say try to get Str up to either 27 (for 40 Str two-handed) or 34 (for Morne's, or just 29 and K***ht's Ring), and make PChain a permanent part of your ring loadout. If you're going to be 40 Faith, then you don't want to bother slinging offensive miracles (some of them require more than 40 Faith anyway).

LKGS you'll probably be infusing Heavy with a Lightning Blade buff for optimal output, or infusing Blessed, either or works. Wolnir's and Earth Seeker are also good on Str/Fai.

40 Faith is pretty high for only utility, but heals will still work fine as long as you stick with Rose of Ariandel.

Blessed Weapon is something you generally want to cast on a weapon with high raw physical damage, since that's the portion that benefits from the buff. On a LKGS, you'll increase the physical damage (which isn't that much) but not the lightning damage. As above, you'll probably want to infuse Heavy and buff with Lightning Blade instead.

its the best magic but deff not worse than halberdfags that never attack untill you attack.

Pyromancer's by themselves are easy to kill unless they're using the one build that makes them viable. But in groups they are cancer. Imagine getting stunned by a GS for 300 damage, then getting three chaos bed vestiges thrown at you, each doing about 800 damage.

>Blessed weapon buff
why?
it's downright ridiculously shit

Have you been dealing with the crossbowmen on top of the tower which you enter? Killing them makes the fight easier in a couple different ways, besides the mere fact that they're dead.

Climb up the tower above where you enter to kill the two archers. Go back down. Run halfway across the bridge to get him to jump down. Run back and quickly climb up the tower. Plunging attack the boss. Hit it a few more times if you want to, then run to the other side. Let the boss come over and start an attack, sprint back to the ladder and plunge again. Repeat until dead.

just started DS3, huh?

;)

Turn around, climb up the ladder, kill the hollows. Trigger Taurus, run like a pussy back up the ladder, plunge attack him. You now have a huge HP lead on him, and can kite him back and forth to repeat the plunge if you want.

I can see that you've never been on the receiving end of a 66 Str Heavy Exile or Splitdick buffed with Blessed Weapon.

1). They are cancer when you fight someone and have to keep an eye on a pyro who will spam his spells which will actually hurt a lot, same shit with sorcs and lightning bois
2). Dare you one time face a good Scar user, you wish you were never born. This is a different kind of a pyro who has range followup and insane melee comboes while being fast as fuck since curved swords are ridiculous

Can someone explain me the dual wielding Avelyn meme?

The Havelyn build from DaS2 literally forced From to nerf the weapon into the ground.

Two Avelyns, son. TWO FUCKING AVELYNS.
Shoot two niggas at once.
Shoot a nigga twice.

>Epicnamebro doing Dark Souls 1 class challenge speedruns runs

How many classes are you guys betting he's able to do before he gives up and escapes into something else? He did Deprived pretty ok but he damned near ragequit in Warrior.

Shoot a nigga SIX TIMES.

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⠒⠦⢀⠒⠉⠳⠠⠒⡶⡄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⠁⢀⢀⠄⢀⢸⣿⡷⣰⣾⡇
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⡊⢁⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢃⢉⣽⢙⣿⡿
⢀⢀⢀⢀⠠⡂⠐⠈⢀⢀⠁⢀⡀⠜⠁⠘⠛⣎⣿⠇
⢀⢀⢀⢠⠍⢀⢀⠠⠂⢀⢀⣤⣴⣆⣄⣤⠟⠙⠉
⢀⢀⢀⡏⡄⢀⣀⣇⣧⡶⠽⣿⡟⢁⢀⠤⠤⡤⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⠒⢄
⢀⢀⠘⣇⠃⢀⡉⡿⠛⠣⢰⣈⠙⠁⠄⣀⡀⢀⠔⠊⡉⠁⢀⡀⢀⡩
⢀⢀⢠⠗⢀⢀⣶⣿⣿⣗⢲⢀⢠⣎⠗⠉⢀⡀⡀⢀⣼⣶⣶⣈⣼⠃
⢀⢀⢸⡀⠂⡡⢸⣿⠟⣻⢴⡏⠉⠁⢀⢰⣄⢸⣿⢸⣿⣱⡟⣳⠏
⢀⢀⡇⠐⠁⡨⣿⡟⣣⣽⣯⣿⢦⡙⠟⡀⣭⡀⣅⡄⡁⢩⢁⡟
⢀⢀⢹⣤⣬⡇⠸⣿⣿⠛⠿⢯⡌⣿⡸⡇⣽⡅⣿⢸⡇⣾⢸⡇
⢀⢀⠼⠟⠉⣀⢰⡗⣯⡄⢀⢸⣿⣿⢧⡇⣼⡇⣿⢸⡇⣿⢀⡀
⢀⡘⣰⣽⢲⠁⡞⢀⣿⣷⢀⣸⣍⠉⠬⠥⠼⣷⢻⢢⣿⣹⡸⣧
⢀⠒⢻⡈⢌⣯⣀⢸⣯⠈⠉⠙⠫⢆⢀⢄⢰⢀⢀⢉⠃⢓⠓⠃⠐⢦
⢀⢀⢈⠷⡚⠢⡟⡹⣿⡆⠄⢗⣇⡄⢑⠂⠢⢀⢀⠑⡆⡼⢢⢚⡄⢀⠇⡦⣄
⢀⡠⢧⡅⡀⠍⣉⠑⠤⠧⢖⢤⢱⡇⣚⣧⣴⢄⢶⣥⠁⣄⣴⣄⣀⠎⣄⣿⣷⣮⣦⣤⣤⣄⡀
⠸⣩⣿⡇⢼⠟⡳⠉⢀⢀⢀⠑⠛⢪⣠⡙⣍⡏⢅⠈⢉⣥⡌⠙⠿⡿⠜⠗⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣭
⠁⣷⣽⡤⣁⠘⡁⠂⡀⣎⣥⠯⠑⢠⣿⠿⡘⣷⣤⠨⠋⣺⣰⡧⠢⣶⠶⠚⢳⡹⡿⠏⣫⣿⡿
⣶⣿⡿⢀⣁⠈⠤⢀⠉⡛⠡⠐⠍⢴⢸⠓⢪⡁⡄⠸⢰⢺⢬⠆⢁⢸⢒⢂⠉⡷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣌⣯⡇⢀⢠⢚⢣⠂⢀⡀⡒⠄⢂⣄⠉⣤⣿⣯⢃⡻⠢⠚⡜⡦⢘⢸⠈⠧⢣⢀⢻⢿⣿⣿⣿
⠻⢿⠇⢀⠚⠉⠙⠶⠜⡴⠐⢀⢈⠆⣰⠟⡉⣀⣾⣿⣦⣥⣭⣿⠼⠊⢦⡆⠇⢣⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

no

I did that numerous times after my first try which i didn't notice the guys in the tower shooting bolts.

After i posted this i backtracked to see there was something i could get to help, and lo and behold i found a merchant that i didn't notice til now, he sells a bunch of weapons and a key.

I guess i'll be more patient from now on, i've been killing too much enemies without paying attention to my surroundings. Maybe that'll help me kill the Taurus

>Have died to the Abyss Watcher's about 20 times in the last hour

HOW, HOW DO I BEAT THEM?! WHAT'S THE SECRET?!?!

Melee, using a big sword, relatively light armor so as to roll better, and Heavy magic missile or whatever on the side when I can get some range/they're distracted.

Everytime I *almost* get them to the point where I can beat his second stage....and then he stun locks me to death. It's such bullshit, anyway out of it?

>caring about literal whos doing shit in an old-ass game nobody plays anymore
Until he starts doing relevant stuff in a relevant game, nobody cares.

Are you mid-rolling? Knight can't with his full starting kit and stats.
That's important. Taurus is the fight that teaches you to dodge, not just block.

>Earth Seeker
I completely forgot about that one. Dragonslayer's Axe and Drakeblood I'll probably save if I do a full 60 Faith dragon slayer. I assume the Rose WA also boosts the power of healing miracles and buffs. Could I also bring a Canvas Talisman to take advantage of the casting poise?
And what about the Great Mace with a Heavy?

Good work, my man.
One last tip; while smacking the Taurus demon in his rather meager sized testicles might be tempting, it's rather rewarding to back off and give yourself some space between yourself and him, at least until you've learned the tells of his moveset that let you stay close enough to keep doing damage. He does damage by moving around sometimes, which can fuck you up if you're not ready.

It's like only two of his attacks are safe with a slow weapon.

Keep in mind that his attacks can be blocked with a shield. It doesn't look like it, but they can be blocked.

Literally just hit them. Zero poise, you can stagger them stupidly easily.

DSA in general isn't a very good weapon outside of low-level Raw builds with Gold Pine Resins. I wouldn't call it a Faith weapon in any sense of the word really. Drakeblood is best with a physical infusion and buffed with Lightning Blade or DMB if you're going the 60 Faith route.

In general you only need to poise-cast if you're intending to trade with a dude using an offensive Miracle. That's generally not going to work out well for you if you're slinging just 40 Faith, whacking the other dude with your weapon would be better.

The Great Mace is a very stock-standard great hammer, it works well on a 27 or 40 Str build infused Heavy. I'm not sure if Perseverance and Lightning Blade stack, but you could go for it.

Back in Ds2 you could power-stance two Avelyns and fire them both at once. The tracking was good enough that if you rolled after the bolts were in the air it was already to late and you'd get hit by 5-6 bolts, and if the Avelyns were properly infused with the right bolts it'd do enormous damage, usually in the mid-thousands. At long range, very quickly.
It was a little silly.

youtube.com/watch?v=hsd9s2drl38

Okay, then I'm taking the Rose with a Great Mace. How should I dress for Paladin success?
Can't wait for a proper set to come back. I miss Leeroy.

>Can you go kill Dancer,Armor guy and then Lothrics?
I want to do a Lorian cosplay run but dont want to wait till NG+

Haven't played since before Ashes of Ariandel dropped, and I want to get back in and do some invasions. Before, the only way to win invasions was to hornet ring parry fish or one hit combo, is this still the case? Please rec me some good invasion builds. Also, what level/weapon upgrade should I stay at to get the maximum number of invasions?

Is DS3 dead from SL 60-80?

Damn, I never knew that ds2 was so fun to play in PvP, where are all those finishers and emotes now?

>use CBV
>kill aldrich in 5 hits
yeah great game pyromancy what a high skill school of magic thanks miyazaki

No, you don't get the key to the archives until you kill Aldrich+Yhorm.

You can get up to Dragonslayer, that's it. Gottard's corpse doesn't appear until Yhorm and Aldritch are dead, which means no key to the Archives.

It's pretty awful. There's no reason for it at all.

>having fun with toxic mist
>blooming purple moss clump
fuck

Sheeeeit.
Isnt there just a guy laying in front of the door though? Or does he not show up until after aldrich?

Ds3 is a serious game. No fun allowed. Doubly true if said fun was from Ds2, which did some things bad and therefore nothing from it was good.

His corpse just isn't there, yeah.

Is DS3 dead form 60 to 80? Click here to find out now!

I'm SL90+8 on a Faith build but my damage feels like shit against everything. What am I doing wrong?

Since the Great Mace is a great hammer, it doesn't actually require all that much poise unless you're trading with another great hammer. That means that you can feel free to mix in cloth and plate metal as necessary. For the paladin feel, Pale Shade Robes is quite stylish, and the Cathedral K***ht set has a lot going for it as well (you'll need to perma-equip Havel's for that though).

At 90 you should probably be using +10 weapons. You're probably not at 60 faith either, at that SL 40 isn't enough for damage.

Yeah 2 was a lot of fun to play PvP, I miss it a lot.
Does anyone know if SotFS is alive on PC/PS4? I've been getting the itch to play it again. Also, what SM should I go to to get other players? Invasions would be nice but if I'm better off just going to the arena/bridge for duels that's fine, I'll take what I can get.

Get someone to drop you the set and sword. It should be easily done so long as you're not on X-Bone.

>enb speedrunning

Looks like a normal playthrough desu.

>big sword

you can stun lock them forever with a charged poke attack

It's still active on PC. Spent my time invading last night.

At 40 Faith my Sunlight Straight Sword only has 307 AR before buffs, and neither Sunlight nor Darkmoon Blade seem to add enough.

At this level my STR and Pyro characters were walking death machines, yet for all this stat investment my attacks feel like wet noodles.

im getting constintilly invaded at SL85
also getting summed as a spear every 5-10 mins

I'll take the Cathedral Knight chest piece for sure, mostly because I'll probably get one while farming the Great Mace. Any good combinations with it?
And should I bother with the Lingering Dragoncrest since I'll be using Lighting Blade?

Wanna make a pyro build, thinking going dex and using astora's greatsword, y/n? Should I infuse or buff it?

Well it's a "speedrun" with extremely relaxed goal like Any% game clear under 4 hours. Granted it's probably better than I myself could personally do especially with the fat/midrolling classes especialy since he can't use rings.

>there's no reason at all
The reason is that it's reserved to be the endgame content area for the game's climax.

And think about it :
Being able to access the Lothric Castle is essentially the equivalent of breaking into Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo before going to ring the Bells of Awakening.

Cool. What SM were you at?

2m

>At this level my STR and Pyro characters were walking death machines
A 35/35 pyro is roughly on par with a 10/60 caster in terms of investment. 10/40 would be more like 25/25, which is underleveled for pyros.

Miracles and sorc both expect you to go high in offensive investment. Your faith spells need to do enough damage to trade, and your sorc nukes should to enough to instakill some people who aren't aware of your location. They've also got catalysts like Yorshka's chime which give you an insane jump in scaling at the end of the line.

>get summoned
>host + 1 phantom
>sent home as I'm still coming out of the ground
y u do dis?

Am I the only one who thinks that the 2nd phase of Ariandel was pretty weak compared to the others?

yeah that's sl 85, what's your upgrade level?

>pacifist run + dried fing
>one of my summoned buddies single handedly kills 8+ invaders like a badass
>almost at the boss
>hacker summons himself into the world and 1shots us with an icy nuke explosion of overpowered bullshit and fireworks

rip in peace my dude

What build should I make in dark souls 3 if I want to get hatemail? Invasions or arena I don't care

85 still play with 80's

+10

Well, no, most of the first half of Ds1 was building to getting to Anor Londo. Grand Archives just sorta happen with no preamble.

>2 questions.
If i kill Gael at the Cathedral of the Deep will it mess up going ti the DLC?

AND

Should i play with Greatsword or Great Machete?

Make a bleed build as well as poisons and duel charms so that they either have to go into inventory to get something or fight you while losing health and not being able to heal

I don't think the door greatshields are that great 1vs1.
I've had a fight drag out for so long because some guy's phantom refused to go on 2 vs 1 and the SS host was playing so passive because of it that it made me consider the BC.

exactly, anything below +10 is dead until you get to +6

The point is that Grand Archives is supposed to act as the finale and it's gated to the very end of the game for a good reason.

So what happened to 4chin today again? What's with all these spams?

So what's your personal opinion on:
Best overall campaign
and
Best overall PvP experience?
DaS3 probably was the most consistent campaign for me, but I liked DaS2 PvP if only for the variety.

yah everything is dead in low WM ranges

Killing him in the Cathedral doesn't do anything. He'll just respawn when you load the area again.

No, it's just that noone likes being +3, 4, or 5 as an invader because those weapon levels invade up two but only down one. You can still get hosts at those levels.

Black Hand Gotthard hasn't gotten killed yet and the Grand Archives staff weren't sloppy enough to leave a key where you can find it otherwise.

Probably has something to do with the U.S goverment shutdown and people are talking about leaked Hillary memos.

Yo dsg, can anyone drop me a stack of champ souls? I can’t find the willpower to grind from 80 to 120.

PS4 btw

Image uploads being disable.

Anyone else getting an "upload failed" notification?

I've seen people rock chain mail caps with it fine As long as the rest of your armor is also at least beefy looking you should be good.

Assuming that you'll be locking ring slots for PChain, FaP+3 and Havel's +3, you may want to leave that fourth slot for utility like Silvercat. Lingering Dragoncrest is good on buffs (particularly if you stack it with Sacred Oath), but smart people will use a Duel Charm on you (not that hosts or their buttbuddies will generally be very smart, but there are exceptions).

Campaign: Tie between 1 and 2
Best PvP: 2

>Campaign
1, 3

>PvP

PvE: 1 > 2 > BB > 3
PvP: 3 >= 2 > BB > 1

25 seconds isn't too long, and the buffs are more supplementary than anything. 40 Str Heavy Great Mace has 573 AR in one hand.
As for fashion, I'm thinking Alva's Gauntlets, but not sure about anything else. Maybe Lothric Knight Leggings.
Or I could do a gold coloring with the Sunset Armor, used that on my miracle collector.

>PvP
>3 over anything
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 an 8/8

Lads, should I do a naked run to Dark Souls 2 or 3? If I do so can I upgrade my weapons or nah?

>Best overall campaign?
I'd say Bloodborne. Close call between Dark Souls 1 and BB but Bloodborne just takes the cake with it's presentation, atmosphere, story, combat, bosses, level design and setting.

>Best overall PvP experience
Dark Souls 3. DS1's pvp was really limited, DS2 had SM and CREO limitations and Dark Souls 3 just has fun and chaotic fights with mad phantoms, actually working autosummon covenants and really fun invader tools.

It's at the very least functional and easily accessible, which is one major advantage over the clusterfuck that was Soul Memory and Cracked Red Eyes. I don't even need to elaborate on the nonexistence of PvP in BB, and the broken fucking mess that was Backstab Souls 1.

>Best overall campaign
>Best overall PvP experience

yes, its everyone apparently

ds1 high level fights are the best by default because they're the only ones that actually end. I'm not saying they ought to be emulated in any way, 3's are much more fixable, but 2 and 3 have worse faults once you're playing with people who know them.

ds2 had most of the fun memes but they were all mid tier if not lower because the balance was shit in that game (inb4 someone uses the word "viable"). 3 easily has the best weapon balance. SS are rather easily slapped onto any build, which does kill variety, but almost everyone carries two weapons anyway and even relatively bad weapons tent to have a niche.

ds3's campaign was really fun the first time through, but once you do it again you realize that there aren't any other routes.

With that in mind, ds1's is the best, but it's also full of boring nonsense of its own since there's still a sort of "recommended" order built into the game. You can break the sequence and go parry a black knight a billion times, followed by havel a billion times, followed by a good hour of trying to hit that last fucking hydra head, followed by parrying another black knight a million times, all for what? So that you can kill the gargoyles with three soulmasses from your ivory branch? So that you can instagib everything with that black knight halberd you may or may not get? So that you can get to lost izalith faster and burn your eyes out? It's really just early weapon access so that you don't have to do shit like play through the whole game for some dumb meme weapon like you do in 3.

2 also let you get quite a few neat weapons early, but the problem is that the whole game's pathing looks like it's modeled after post-lordvessel 1, which was easily the worst part of 1. You start off with instant warp, you've got four paths to go down, LI in the sky, etc. The whole game is as downright ugly as LI too once you're past majula. Bonfire aesthetics don't mean shit if none of the areas are fun enough to play through more than once.

hey xbone is still active I think

If we're counting Bloodborne, it gets the best campaign for me by far.

PvP-wise, it's a tie between 2 and 3. 1 was a twink factory cheesefest.

As an xboner and not the person you're replying to, I'll say it's active in general, but not in the thread. There are around three boners in here at any given point in time tops.