How can we rank the Allies in importance of their roles in at defeat the Axis? IMHO

How can we rank the Allies in importance of their roles in at defeat the Axis? IMHO
1 Russia
2 UK
3 USA
4 China
5 France
6 Australia

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Righteous_Among_the_Nations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Żegota
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jews_by_Poles_during_the_Holocaust
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_resistance_movement_in_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Intelligence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Polish_Forces_.28West.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bir_Hakeim?wprov=sfla1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Policemen
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>UK over USA

Ranking is a clickbait methodology that assumes qualitative aspects can be directly compared.

This thread will devolve into spook confirmation and /int/ faggotry right after this post.

That was actually my greatest doubt.

>qualitative aspects can be directly compared.
They can. There's only one true. Always.

1. Russia
2. UK and USA
3. Poland
4. China
5. Commonwealth
6. France

Put Polan inbetween Chinks and France

>Australia over Canada
What the fuck did Australia even contribute

USSR put the bulk of the cannon fodder and USA the industrial manpower, then comes the British Empire and China and after that resistence movements

The essentially solo-carried the entire empire of Japan.They also contributed just as much or more than the UK on the western and African fronts.The UK played an important role in not giving up though.They're refusal to capitulate even in the face of Dunkirk and the battle of Britain kept the war going.

Yuro Theater

>USSR
>USA
>UK
>Poland
>Canada
>Free French

1.Russia
2.China
3.USA
4.UK
5.Poland
6.Australia
7.Canada
8.France

Tobruk
Kokoda

What did canucks do?

>Canada

How many soldiers did they've fielded? How many have died? Wiki would suggest even Yugos would outweight their accomplishments.

>ussr
>us
>uk
>china
>france
>yugoslavia
>poland
>greece

Juno Beach
Ortona
Trained the vast majority of Allied aircrews

>china
>number two

Retard alert.

accomplishments > numbers

Yugos kicked out Hakenkreuz by themselves, what did Canada do?

they had the longest arrows

>yugos kicked out reserve, 2nd rate German soldiers

compared to invading Normandy, helping the Poles take the Falaise Gap, liberating Belgium and the Netherlands

desu this is probably the best so far, though i'd throw canada and straya on right before yugoslavia

China killed the majority of the Japanese forces. Still, the US also fought in

I'd say it was
1. USSR
2. USA
3. UK/China
4. Irrelevant

Actually China did not kill the majority of the Japanese troops. 2 million Japanese soldiers died in both the Second Sino-Japanese War and WW2 combined. China only inflicted 500,000 casualties.

It's how we can tell OP is a britbong

>3. Poland

actually sensible rankings

why are americans so retarded

Are you denying that?

1. Canada
2. New Zealand
3. Australia
4. UK
5. France

The following is objectively correct

1. USSR
2. USA
3. UK
4. Poland
5. France and China
6. Canada and Greece
7. Yugoslavia
8. ANZAC and India
9. South Africa
10. Norway
11. Philippines and Brazil
12. Belgium
13. Czechoslovakia
14. Denmark

Yugo is last

I'd say france did a bit more than poland

>I'd say france did a bit more than poland
Prove it then.

Wasn't it a Pole that cracked the Enigma code?

This

You gave no proof for your list, why should i give proof for mine?

people =/= the state itself

Poland had an armed, continuous and constant resistance and tied down significant german forces. Also the poles contributed to the Enigma codebreak

>You gave no proof for your list, why should i give proof for mine?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Righteous_Among_the_Nations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Żegota
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jews_by_Poles_during_the_Holocaust
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_resistance_movement_in_World_War_II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Army
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Intelligence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Polish_Forces_.28West.29

Meanwhile in France:
>French women fuck German soldiers
>French are outstanding citizens of the Third Reich
>no Partisan activities worth noticing happen
>Jews are sold to Germans

HOCKEY STRONK

fair enough, i suppose

though, one thing that bugs me

>French women fuck German soldiers
these women were publicly humiliated and shamed afterwards, they were seen as traitors. they were by no means the norm

>Poland

Fucking India was more useful

>France

Why?

Not talking shit, just curious

Poland was crushed in little over a month and barely put a dent into the German war machine, even less when they were revived by the Soviets. And don't even get me started about the "resistance", they objectively made things worse.

Poles are deluded faggots who think that getting conquered in a month is cool because France did as bad as them

Why are Poles so butthurt toward France?
Countless times I've seen Poles wantonly shit on France aboput WW2 in a pathetic attempt to make their shitty performance look any less miserable

You're truly a pathetic people, and while I agree that France was shit in that war, I still respectthem thousands time more than you, be it only because they dont share your ridiculous attitude of self-importance in war in which you were less than dogshit

This and only this

even for a french it's strange (too much much banter on us)

even for a french it's strange (too much banter on us)

War only started for Poland in 1939.

>they were by no means the norm

They were mostly prostitutes doing their job
German soldiers weren't allowed to have sex with local women except for high officer
The text the butthurt pole posted was literally made by himself on MS Word

Inflicted 150,000 casuatlies to Germany in 1940
Meanwhile pathetic Poles inflicted them less than 60,000
How can Poland be so shit?

1.USSR
power gap
----------------
2. WHO cares tier contribution

Fuck off vatnik

1. Rothschilds.

because French try to shit on Poland whenever WW2 is mentioned.

It's often combined with uneducated remarks and insults.

I've always seen Poles start the shit (like in this thread)

>UK that high
>Australia even on the fucking list

Thanks for the input Ivan

1. USA

USSR would have lost if it wasn't for USA.

this desu. The French never started any shit on the Poles, and before going to Veeky Forums, I thought of them as bros, since Napoleon and shit. Well, my point of vue has changed quite a bit.

They are probably butthurt because we're a key NATO member eventhough we did ALMOST as bad as them in WWII (don't be delusionnal, Pole), but they forget that there is an history before WWII, and that we played a key role in it. Including in reestablishing their shithole.
Fucking hell we really should stop giving people their independance, we only get shit from Burgers and Poles wtf

Fuck off, Polack

>Another country
GODDAMN JAMAIACAN NAVY STEALING THE GODDAMN SPOTLIGHT AGAIN

Poles routinely punched above their weight class. Polish pilots dominated during the Battle of Britian, Poles closed the Falaise Gap, had a real resistance movment at home and contributed more in the liberation of the Netherlands and Belgium

>France tied with China

Even if they didn't fight in Europe they did more than French.

This Not only did the poles help break the german code but the Polish Home Army was the biggest resitance movment in Nazi Europe during the war.

They slowly tied a nose around germany's neck in the eastern front thanks to partisans disrupting german supplies and fed intellegance to both sides. True the army didn't do the majoirty of the work in the eastern front, seems we're all in agreement the USSR put in that work.

At the bare minimum least it's better than Charles "fuck anglo saxons" de gaulle, seriously dude was a prick considering his situation.

You forgot the worst part

>Poland above China

1. USSR
Did the heavy lifting in the fight against the Nazis. They help contributed to Japanese surrender.
2. USA
Did the most successful fighting in the Far East. They also opened the Western Front to divert Nazi's resources against the Soviet Union.
3. UK
Provides the platform from which the Allies could open up the Western Front. Also fought the Axis in Africa and frustrate the Japanese plans in South Asia.
4. China
Ties up a lot of Japanese troops in their own land, giving the U.S. some breathing room. Also helps U.K. in taking back Burma and help distract Japan from annexing Soviet territory.
5. Australia
They help the Allies both in Europe and in the Pacific region so I think they are more important than other commonwealth countries.
5. France
More like the Free French desu, they help in the Northern Africa front.

Honorable mentions for Poland but I don't know much about them lol

6*. France

7. Poland
Nvm, turns out that they contribute quite a lot in the war effort along with the Allies. Still unsure about how their resistance playing a role in Germany's defeat though.
8. Canada
They were important players in the battle of Atlantic and Juno beach. Also helped in the U.S. in the Pacific.

>australia is more important than India
how exactly?

1. USSR
2. USA
3. UK
4. China
5. France
6. Yugoslavia
7. Greece
8. Canada/Aus/NZ
9. Poland

Plus

Ran and protected the Atlantic convoys
Liberated most of the Netherlands in brutal as fuck conditions

And slaughtered in the thousands at Dieppe for "Educational purposes" for the Normandy Landings.

Italy was the Allies best ally.

at least we took part for the whole thing.

>turn up halfway through and still think you can sit at the winners table

lol americans

>first liberated territory in Europe
>had two resistance movements
>largely liberated itself, Red Army was an afterthought

Certainly not last.

>people ranking Greece that low or not at all
First allied victory, plus kicking Italy's ass so hard that Germany had to delay operation Barbarossa to help its ally thus losing the war afterwards.

>Poland

Charging tanks on horses does not justify them being on any list

This

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bir_Hakeim?wprov=sfla1
Free France participated in many battle in Italy and without it, D-Day wouldn't have been possible.

Also, the Vercors, the liberation of Paris, the liberation of most of French territory was made by the resistance. Beside this, the french colonial empire was still fighting against vichy France ( see the Libreville conference ) so yes, France was absolutely relevant durung WWII and that's why it was considered a winning power in 1945.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Policemen
This is pretty much the most Important allies.

Everyone else is second fiddle or BTFO earlier.

>Participate the whole war
>Somehow manage to do less than the Americans who turned up halfway

Lol you cheeky wankers.

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hill_262

>Raids from the direction of Coudehard managed to penetrate the Polish defences and take captives. The final German effort came at around 11:00—SS remnants had infiltrated through the wooded hills to the rear of the 1st Armoured Regiment's dressing station. This "suicidal" assault was defeated at point-blank range by the 9th Infantry Battalion with the 1st Armoured Regiment's tanks using their anti-aircraft machine guns in support.[6][58] The machine guns' tracer ammunition set fire to the grass, killing wounded German men on the slope.[59

>Stefanowicz, himself wounded during the day's fighting,[52] struck a fatalistic note as he addressed his four remaining officers: "Gentlemen, all is lost. I do not think that the Canadians can come to our rescue. We have only about 110 able-bodied men left. Five shells per gun and 50 bullets per man. That's very little, but fight all the same. Surrender to the S.S. is futile; you know that. I thank you. You have fought well. Good luck, gentlemen. Tonight we shall die for Poland and for civilization! . . . each tank will fight independently, and eventually each man for himself."[56]

>According to military historian Gregor Dallas: "The Poles had closed the Falaise Pocket. The Poles had opened the gate to Paris."[62] Simonds stated that he had "never seen such wholesale havoc in his life" and Canadian engineers erected a sign on Point 262N's summit reading simply "A Polish Battlefield.[6]

>In 1965 on the battle's 20th anniversary, a monument to the Polish, Canadian, American and French units that took part in the battle was erected on Hill 262.[63] Marking the occasion, former President of the United States Dwight D. Eisenhower commented that "no other battlefield presented such a horrible sight of death, hell, and total destruction."[64]

>turn up to an island with ZERO japs
>still lose 300+

seppos get btfo by nothing

How does it feel knowing that the french covered your retreat so you wankers can hide in your little island and be useless until the Americans joined kys britbong

USSR
USA
UK
*POWER GAP*
CHINA
*POWER GAP*
Everyone else

>what did canucks do?
butcher nazi soldiers to the point that the allies couldn't keep Canadians alone with the prisoners, because they kept "trying to escape" under Canadian supervision.

Still makes me chuckle when I see Denmark listed among the Allies.
We collaborated hardcore for the first 3 years or so until the tides turned in Russia. There was no resistance movement worth mentioning for the first three years of occupation.
Good PR and diplomacy got us counted among the Allies, not actually doing anything...

italy first

Without Ozzies, Poles, Kiwis and SAers in the RAF the Battle of Britian would have been lost. However on a per capita basis Russia and New Zealand did the most.

>french
>amerijuans

both got raped by rice monkeys lol

Philippines weren't part of the US during the Vietnam war

>Poland
>Netherlands
>Norway
>Denmark
>Belgium
>Czechoslovakia
>Allies
shit list

was it worth it tho

lol the Poles and Canadians contributed more to the liberation of France than the French did

see

Middle East and Pacific. Operations base early in war, got bombed by Nips. Directly under threat unlike Canada

>26
kek

Do you have a whole folder to flame Americans?

We will never forget

This is the only correct answer.

TOP TIER
>1. USSR
>2. USA
marginal power gap
>3. England

PUNCHING ABOVE THEIR WEIGHT CLASS TIER
>5. a.) Poland
>5. b.) Yugoslavia
>5. c.) Greece
Honorable mention: Czechoslovakia