>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/5DKg4b8
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

No, he made an outrageous claim without any proof. Vengarl's headless corpse becoming a phantom in the Shaded Woods after you kill him would be cool.

Thank you.

>he made an outrageous claim without any proof

WILL ANYONE ON PS4 HELP ME TRANSFER A DEMONS SCAR PASS IS dsg

Reposting so the thread can start off with some “Dark” Souls 2 love

Enjoying my first play through of Das2.

A first impression I had was “wow lots of mobs” which made me see why that’s a common critique of the game. But it also made me apply some advice here which was grab a bow. The dragon rider bow is my Ol Reliable now. I like the game is much slower as you slowly carve your way through a level until it’s safe to explore. Poison, and for that matter, poison arrows are actually GOOD. I even went back to three with a mindset of carrying bows only to be sorely disappointed, poison arrows do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I’ve killed enemies before they got poisoned and even when they did it was 3 ticks a second. Miyazaki shouldn’t have even included them.

I have to say I don’t understand where the hate for this game comes from. I have no real complaints about it, but it could be because I do enjoy clearing dungeons. As someone once said: the level is the meal, the boss is the dessert.

Pic unrelated: potential weaponfu but poorly designed and implemented
(No crit, no offhand party, high reqs)

I guess I can see it...sort of? Had to tilt my screen, and even then.

whats ur gt?

The criticism for 2 can be summed up with
>what do you mean it costs stamina to roll/attack and I don't get iframes for doing literally everything I just want to run past all the mobs and open slow ass doors in their face while they are incapable of attacking me

nunyabusiness38442

Why does Creighton always look so sad?

they wanted to nerf the overpowered shit from DaS like DWGR roll frames, ez parrying, and massive stamina bars

but in doing so they made the game much more numbers-oriented

who cares if you're shit? Just grind down the enemies and farm healing items, summon phantoms and everything is a pisseasy blur

newfag here

wtf am I supposed to do here? all he does is shoot projectiles at me that almost one-shot me. I tried to get closer and randomly dropped through the floor to my death. do I need to come back later or something?

Wait
if I'm an SL30 +3 person, will upgrading an item that only goes to +5 to +3 break it?

>randomly
There is a pit, if you have your camera in birds eye position it’s easier to see, but you don’t have time for that during combat

You have to bait it into using its head slam attack which leave it exposed to go in for an attack. It’s very consistent from what I experienced, each head goes to a similar spot. Use your shield it helps a lot. As for the laser just strafe.

Cute!

You can stand in the water, but there is a sudden dropoff that will kill you. You can see it if you look downwards with the camera. He does a closerange melee kind of attack with his heads and lets you cut them off one by one.

He's easy, just don't fall into the water

Quick you fags, tell me whose legs are these?

+3 is considering +6 for twinkling titanite and titanite scale items.
So for weapons that go to plus 5 just double it. For instance if I have a 60+6 invader build I would only level my Millwood now to plus 3.

If you already leveled it, you’re fucked buddy. Happens to me when I get drunk and mindless visit Andre.

ur mom

fellow newfag, recently fought hydra as well
there's a massive area to the left of the hydra that you can use to fight. It's waist high water, so it'll slow you down, but you can put on the rusted iron ring to negate the movement penalty.

firekeeper

So I just beat Big O and Smough, and I have several places to go, but I can't decide where
>skeleton graveyard
>spooky ghost city under firelink
>a tree in blight town that goes pretty deep, that a bunch of messages around a chest pointed me towards
>lava area after Quelaag
>post darkroot door area I already got the rewards from the cat covenant, but I found a glowing door and a bridge that led to some spindash cats that pushed my shit in

small dick

the blightown tree is an optional area, you dont have to check it out, but it's still really cool tho.

Basically take the info that other anons said but to clarify a bit more, it will always do the close range head slams when you're in the water and they will always go to the same spot provided you are don't move around much. Just hold your shield up and find the small safe zones between the heads as you take them out one at a time.

get all up in it's face but don't fall in the deep end.
Block or roll through its attack, hack away at a head. Repeat until only the derpy head remains and then good luck chopping that shit off

phew that was close
thanks senpai

LMFAO! Ds2 user from the post earlier. Just beat the Squalid Queen after being stuck on her for a while, didn’t even know it was the DLC.

And I just beat Sinh first try! I was pretty intimidated but I said this guy can’t be worse than Midir. I went to town with the rapier, this thing really is a dps machine.

Is he easy for most players?

do the bonfire ascetics affect ng+ cycles?

Did you kill the big doggo? If not go to darkroot garden past the spincats I think? And there's a doggy boss fight. Then do the spooky ghost area.

The crescent sword look so fucking cool. Does 350 damage on a riposte but that doesnt matter when it can shoot out fuckin wind cutters. I love it so much

So, I killed the 2nd asylum demon, the one you fight when you revisit it. It was ezpz but I just assumed the titty slab would be automatically put in my inventory but I was wrong and when I went back it wasnt there. Am I fucked now? Where else do titty slabs exist?

cheat engine

You can farm them in New Londo

but it takes a looong time.

You know what I really like in DS3 right now? There are a lot of Sl120 viable builds for arena and invasions.
1. 30/30 dark
2. 80 dex
3. 26str 60faith
4. Pyro
5. 66 STR 10-15faith
6. Quality
7. 40dex 60int or 60faith
8. Luck + Anri + regen
9. 60int
10. 26str 40dex 40int

I havent played in a couple years but I'm pretty sure completing siegmeyer's questline will give ye one

Fuck the fire and stay with your waifu forever right?

Did they fix hitting the ground?

>can invade with HD maneater cosplay next month
can't wait

the fuck you talkin about? the remaster comes out at the end of may

There's also one in Kalameet's arena

Just killed Sif, who was behind the glowing door. I think he started to limp near the end, but I killed him before I could really take a closer look. Neat detail if true, poor doggo though.
Spincats are next though, that should complete the area.

not sure what you mean, bud
It never shot into the ground when I used it locked on or noscoped

I thought it was march, fuck

why did fromsoft think it was a good idea to put the level summoning system at indeterminate levels i can't see any signs to carry me but i've no way of knowing if im to high or to low, no one puts signs outside the boss door becasue all they want is embers.
why implement a system with so many glaring flaws?

Are you sure? I remember the beam hitting the ground when locked, like mlgs

gives me plenty of time to play metal gear survive now

I can go shoot some hollows and make a webm for you gimme a sec

Sonic the Cats aren't worth it, and yes, Sif limps.

Fuck the cats, go to the ghost place and kill the 4 kings if you can.

Also if you haven't been acting like Frampt's bitch you can join the darkwraith's after the 4 king fight.

No need. It wouldn't prove anything too, unless you roll back to prepatch

too bad, the cats are already dead
oh neat
oh no
>acting like Frampt's bitch
what does this entail, because I've been talking to him and feeding him dung pies

alright, but I just shot some dudes uphill and no beams went into the ground. I guess they fixed it

I know the Greatsword of Judgment did that but I think the Crescent Moon Sword shoots properly.

I honestly forget. It might be as touchy as talking to him, but I don't know about that.

If you placed the lordvessel down for Frampt, the darkwraith leader definitely won't even show up for you.

If that's so and you wish to invade, you should just join the Blades of the Darkmoon and be a shit-eating blue.

>what does this entail

Whether you went to see him after getting the Lord Vessel, if you haven't gotten it yet then you'll have to choose, the trickster snake who treats you nice or the one that wants you to be evil but doesn't bullshit around.

>placed the lordvessel down
goddamnit, I just wanted to sell spare demon spears to him after finally getting back to firelink, and he went on this whole schpiel about lords and gwyn. He vored me and then I ended up in some underground room, and he wouldn't let me leave until I put the vessel in the stump.

I can see why leonhard just uses a weaponart shield now

Fuckin kek.

He's a real piece of shit imo, but everyone falls for his tricks the first playthrough. I think it fits lorewise that most people don't ever see Kaathe if they go in blind.

It shoots properly.
It's actually extremely good in invasions if you can free-aim since you can hit a phantom/host while the other invader is in the middle of the fight.

>tfw I did see Kaathe on my first playthrough since I though Frampt was an enemy and pissed him off with arrows
>It didn't matter in the end since I linked the fire anyway.

>tfw thhanks to statues in Ringed City, i am now aware that Primordial Serpents have bodies.
im not ok with this.

I really don't know what to think, their statues at Lothric don't have arms, the ones in The Ringed City just look like tiny raccoon paws. And if they did have bodies then the way they moved in Dark Souls I makes no sense.

Exactly why im not ok with it.

why the fuck did they decide to add in those disgusting teeth clacking sounds for frampt
he's honestly the most repulsive enemy in this series for me

>implying they aren't both bullshitting everyone and just making the best out of the situation for themselves

They predate the age of fire and dark, they couldn't give less of a fuck what happens to it because its for all intent and purpose aren't bound to it, hence why they decide to influence things one way or the others.

To be honest I've replayed recently and with the whole lot of hidden implication in the story, it feel like they are making a fool of everyone. One snake guide you to link the flame while the other snake guide you not to link the flame, neither bring a real solution to the table and you know what I've realized too?

They are fucking greedy, actually giving you less soul per item than than you would get if you were to use them yourself, which make me believe they actually feast upon souls and actually only seek to make the entire situation exponentially worse because it bring in more souls than not doing so. Would also fit the whole snake theme they aspire to, covetous and imperfect dragons with eyes bigger than which their stomach can hold. They pour oil upon the fire as to eat the foolish moths who dare come near.

>mfw I look just like Gwyndolin

so....you look like a whore?

so... you have snake feet?

im calling the police

a massive faggot

post snek feet

P-pls be in London

Post but pls

It's Nigel Thornberry!

I just went with a 100 phy shield and Black Flame. Tried everything I could to make this an interesting battle but he's way too obnoxious constantly jumping and messing with my lock-on, then running from side to side, which made it feel like a walking simulator, so I got tired of it and just went lame mode. Even his constant high pitched screaming made me mute the audio. He was so easy to defeat with my Greatsword build though, I wasn't expecting him to have such a massive resistance.

Yeah it's been a long time since I last used any weapon other than the Crow Talons and Quills. I tried with a Mace and the Millwood Battle Axe but that didn't work either, he was still taking very little damage. It's a shame Oceiros is one of the lamest bosses, such an interesting lore he deserved a much better boss design. No wonder nobody wants to co-op in this area, not fun enough to motivate people to git gud at it.

also his instacharge is an unfun mechanic

What level should a man be if he desires to invade in blighttown and the depths?

I completed it around level 37 and got summoned/invaded while there without dscm

i think that ds2 has a really nice atmosphere in its opening, but the character creation fucking ruins it

30-35
40 is pushing it but might still be doable

Woah, you really can see anal rodeo from vordt's bonfire.

I’m at 39 ADP and agility stopped going up. Worth it to invest at this point anymore? Is the 99 adp thing just a meme?

99 agility user
not 99 adp
you silly hollow

Kek thanks
So the 11 points of agility extra I have is worth it?

>be me
>going through derp souls 3 for the first time
>get to road to sacrifice
>mmm pretty cool
>get to the swamp area
>this isnt that bad
>get to abyss knights
>hey this is pretty fun

I think I like this game now

I think 110 agility is where it stops being useful
honestly though 99 agl is fine

sick blog post breh

so whats the point of the game giving me weapons if i lack the stuff to upgrade them?
why would i ever stop using my +4 weapon for a random dropped weapon when i lack the items required to upgrade it to the same level as my first weapon?

I think you can see every above-ground area in the game from there. You can even see ADP in the mountains.

You can buy upgrade materials, bruv.
Plus, they drop like candy.

>corrosive worms in demon ruins/lost izalith can just chain grab you while you're still recovering from the previous grab
good design

thanks friend :)

Too bad you'll never reach because of how many iframes it has.

you know I think it was at the point where after Freide's 2nd phase and her going FULL ANIME ULTRA BLACKFLAME THIS IS MY FINAL FORM that I started to miss like, bosses having a 2nd phase was like a surprise or added challenge. Now it's like 2nd phase is so standard we need to have the super 3rd phase and fool you into thinking the fights over by giving you the item drop and having the "heir of fire destroyed" text pop up.

Also I can never really stop thinking as bosses have gotten more and more complex through the soul's series the combat on the players side is still like, really boring shit. Like Soul's combat is serviceable but it feels like the devs now want fights to be DBZ episodes but still have to carry over the really slow combat of roll and poke from demon's souls. Like I'm just stuck with the thought of why the fuck aren't I playing as that character who can do a lot more cool shit, and also why isn't this character the chosen one or whatever the fuck. Like you thought it was impressive that Artorias could do a flip in the air before slamming his sword on you well how about I swirl up into a massive pool of dark energy with my double scythes of zzzzz

I feel like bloodborne was a decent middle ground and christ there were endless memes in /bbg/ about Maria being the most edgelord shit in a Soul's game but Freide's like they took that fight and pumped it with steroids to be *teleports behind you Ashen one*

dark souls 2 is really hard so far