How has this board changed you?

how has this board changed you?

Helped me discover history podcasts that is about it.

Lost my faith in Christianity

man whenever I see daniel radcliffe I want to cry. so much potential wasted....

It changed me for worse. I know that Communism is bad. Holy Roman Empire wasn't really holy, or roman, or an empire. I know too much things about germany. I know crossbows suck. I know " what did he mean by this " memes. I know " who was he? " memes. And I know I want to kill myself.

Pretty much this
>OP being such a weak willed faggot that he let an irrelevant board whose discourse is equivalent of monkeys throwing shit at each other sway his ideological beliefs

Veeky Forums is alright if you want to be fed bullshit by amateur historians.

made me "appreciate" art a lot more

I think so as well.
Me before Veeky Forums

I found out how rediculous /pol/ believes when you argue with them from position of a historical facts, methodological truth and actual science.

Shouldn't this be the other way around? If anything history shows white supremacists are objectively correct.

About to enter seminary to become a Catholic priest.

history didn't start with colonial age, user

My condolences, user

Europe has been the foremost power in the world for two millennia.

Why Daniel Radcliffe?
Just look in a mirror.

/thread

400 years.

What is the Roman Empire.

how can Turkey not colonized by europe while being to close to Europe.

Europe didn't really exist then. The Mediterranean coast had more in common with Africa and West Asia and Central-North Europe was more like Central Asian.

entities in europe have been a power - rome, a decent empire, greeks - inventors of a lot of modern day concepts, after renaissance - northern europe + russia took over

history doesn't start when jesus was born, user

you have india, china, egypt, phoenicians, persians

No because white supremacists are utter failure who wants to appropriate other people achievement despite having doing nothing in their life because they share the same skin color.

I have that one, i also have the rhodok edit

They're not European ethnically and were never completely controlled, the treaty of severes came close but didn't do it completely.
>inb4 hungary and finland
Not originally from Europe either but occupied by Austria and Sweden respectively.

North Korea counts about as much as Ethiopia on the count that it was occupied by the USSR for a time following WW2.

It hasn't changed me, but I've learned some pretty great things. Memey events mostly, like the Russian Baltic Fleet.

It's a nice reminder that I'm not the only one who obsesses over history.

The shadow of imperial China.

That's blatantly false or they'd support Israel.

Europe didn't exist in 100AD?

The USSR was Jewish, not European.

>still eurocentric

You haven't been here long.

>rome was weaker than a highly decentralised kangdom of yellow people
hmm

Europe itself was Jewish from the moment when Rome adopted Judaism 2.0.

this.

I've been here since /pol/ recruited me to raid you fags?

True. But Protestantism revived Paganic traditions and now Germany runs the EU so it's back to normal.

>rome was highly centralized.

Well it has convinced me that even people on what is supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd smartest board aren't capable of discerning basic facts from fiction and fairytales.
It feels an awful lot like Reddit where every neckbeard is an 'expert' at everything.

>everybody except this select group of unspecified people is retarded
>therefore everybody agrees with you because they feel they're all in the smart group
Is this the oldest manipulation tool ever?

This post is incomprehensible

You just aren't smart enough to understand it.

so you haven't learned anything from history I see

WE

WUZ

KANGZ

ND

SHIET

NIGGUH

Turkey stronk

Based. This board got me interested in Catholicism and after a lot of reading and research I am getting baptized on Easter. I no longer adhere to the false religion of protestantism.

Right side looks exactly how I pictured Raskolnikov

Why am I not surprised

you do know you have a safe echo chamber

So do you.

didn't change me at all cause I am not a dunce

before Veeky Forums

after Veeky Forums

>how has this board changed you?
Hello and welcome to the history of rome

>being influenced by anonymous people on a mongolian papier mache forum

Nah, I read books.

>hurr my race is the best because we have the best achievements
>other people's achievements don't count because they're an inferior race
wew lad

I actually got around to reading the Bible and concluded that it is indeed a ridiculous pile of horse crap.

Who are you quoting?

The Chinese achieved a lot, there's no question, but their achievements were rudimentary. They made paper money and gunpowder, we made banks and machine guns.

> banks and machine guns.
Both are jewish inventions.

I was moved by the eyes

I don't think Maxim was Jewish.

pro tip : read the qur'an and hadithes for topkeks
>Hadith Number 16245, Volume Title: “The Sayings of the Syrians,” Chapter Title: “Hadith of Mu’awiya Ibn Abu Sufyan”:
He (the Prophet) lift up his (al Hassan’s) shirt and kissed his (little) penis..”
and
“I saw the prophet – pbuh – sucking on the tongue or the lips of Al-Hassan son of Ali, may the prayers of Allah be upon him. For no tongue or lips that the prophet sucked on will be tormented

>we made banks and machine guns.
>we

Some Hadith are fucking bat shit crazy

I learned that every citizen must fight in the containment war

alllahu akhbar

not only the hadiths are tho
>Surah Al-Baqarah (2) : 72-73
“And (remember) when you killed a man and fell into dispute among yourselves as to the crime. But Allah brought forth that which you were hiding. So We said: “Strike him (the dead man) with a piece of it (the cow).” Thus Allah brings the dead to life and shows you His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) so that you may understand.”

i rly love the fact that most of the batshit hadiths are rated "hasan" or "sahih" (the 2 highest possible tiers of "how real are the events told in them")

Lost my faith in Christianity, made me a little more Left-leaning on some issues (although not entirely, so hold your horses, you reactionary cucks).

>Lost my faith in Christianity
i doubt this happened after you came to his
atheist-religion debates have literally been going on the internet for as long as it's been up

also
>he isn't a christian atheist yet

The Qur'an is more subdued though. The Hadith just has weird/disgusting/vile shit in it

It was said to Anas “What did you hear the Prophet saying about garlic?” Anas replied, “Whoever has eaten (garlic) should not approach our mosque.”

Kek

My nigga

I have highly considering this. I can't reconcile the absence of God that I've observed with my want to remain a Christian.

what's the name of the podcast?

>from /pol/
>thinks italians are white
degeneracy.

probably History of rome

It introduced me to great youtube history channels such as Lindybeige, John Green, Extra History, Real Crusades History, History Buffs etc.

I feel insulted. I've tried pretty hard to not use conventional internet arguments against christianity on Veeky Forums by taking a more historical approach and to make up my own arguments when I can. Not exactly unheard of before but it's different from what is usually in these types of threads online.

it's not that crazy an idea, here's a story

i'm an atheist, but i've realized religious behavior might be hard wired in there - even the freaking neanderthals buried their dead
some contemporary animals "react" to death - elephants for example, people even suggest elephants have exhibited ritual behavior, covering the dead with leaves and branches and such

it's just somehow correlated to having big brains, so to deal with knowing you'll die our brains engage in thinking about the metaphysical, creating illusions as a way of coping

also an argument for the "existence" of a god is that it's just data, as long as the data exists imprinted in your head and in a synapse pattern - it exits (i know by this definition anime girls are real)

just don't say to people you are an atheist christian, because it kind of sounds ridiculous to unprepared ears i imagine

it made me a communist

Veeky Forums didn't really change my perception at all

closest it ever did was give me some hope it won't go full /pol/ (and that hope is waning)

Personal favorites
Lesser Bonapartes (pre Ivan)(not serious but funny)
British History Podcast
History of China Podcast
Revolutions
The Fall of Rome Podcast (This one is so good)
History of Byzantium
History of Rome
Hardcore History
Found that before and honestly it is a good introductory level history but looking back on it the lack of focus beyond emporers made the last half of it less interesting.

nice

this place is pretty naive compared to some history books ive read

>the last half of it less interesting
yeah but for just listening to it on the side while studying the first half is based imo
not to mention dem sweet sweet guitar sounds

wow that's surprising

you gave me more information about history than all of Veeky Forums so far

It showed me that pseduointellectuals have the same root biases as idiot normies, they just think themselves superior because the shitpost over roman emperors instead of tv celebs.

well duh

Some people here are emotionally charged to the point of lunacy, especially when it comes to Hitler, communism or religion of any kind.

I learned that & Humanities was a mistake

I don't have any respect towards humanities and historics anymore.

Even high crowned work in this fields is just bad work.

The Rex Factor is a great podcast if anyone is interested in British royalty.

>Some people here are emotionally charged to the point of lunacy, especially when it comes to Hitler, communism or religion of any kind.
>implying such lunacy only exist on Veeky Forums

everyone is like that

>Tu es magnum homo

heh

but then we wouldn't be able to talk about Stirner-chan's feet

>go on Veeky Forums
>learn to love humanity

>go on Veeky Forums
>learn to hate humanity

I hope Trump starts WWIII