Where do you think humans came from?

Where do you think humans came from?
Do you subscribe to the "muh rocks and water mixed together to make cellular life" theory?

Other urls found in this thread:

anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/modern_humans.htm),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, since thats the only plausible theory

What makes you think it is plausible and why are all the other theories implausible?

That's not even the theory but
>Yes, since thats the only plausible theory

Well, I believe in Evolution, but no one really knows how life began.

People generally think it started as RNA based organisms and converted to DNA at somepoint.

According to Kaplan the Sabbatical cycles in Sefer HaTemunah can be used as a basis for calculating the age of the universe. While Sefer HaTemunah sees the world as existing in the second cycle, others say it is in the seventh cycle. If so, Adam was created when the universe was 42,000 years old, and six worlds were created and destroyed before the creation of Adam. This thesis was laid out by Rabbi Isaac ben Samuel of Acre, a 13th-century Kabbalist, who said that when calculating the age of the universe, one must use divine years rather than physical years.

Rabbi Yitzchak of Akko then goes on to explain a value of 49,000 years, but does not proceed with the multiplication, nor the reduction of 49,0000 to 42,000, which is Kaplan's own interpretation. Kaplan calculates the age of the universe to be 15,340,500,000 years old. His reasoning was as follows: as the Midrash states, "A thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday" (Psalm 90:4); a physical year contains 365 ¼ days, which, if multiplied by 1000 would give the length of a divine year as 365,250 physical years; if we are living in the last, 7th Sabbatical cycle, that would mean that the creation as it described in the Bible happened 42,000 divine years ago; to convert this figure to physical years it should be multiplied by 365,250; this gives the result 15,340,500,000 years.

“I, the insignificant Yitzchak of Akko, have seen fit to write a great mystery that should be kept very well hidden. One of God's days is a thousand years, as it says, "For a thousand years are in Your eyes as a fleeting yesterday." Since one of our years is 365 ¼ days, a year on High is 365,250 our years. ”

Mmmm. Sounds like rocks and water smashed against each other to make RNA over time. Then it smashed against more rocks and water and happened to form DNA. Plausible.

I think its plausible because various parts of it have been observed in nature or the lab and because there is no obvious reason why it couldnt be possible

Every other theory is implausible because they rely fundamentally on magic

In 1993, Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan wrote that the Big Bang occurred "approximately 15 billion years ago", calling this "the same conclusion" as the 13th century kabbalists. According to a 2015 estimate by ESA's Planck project, the age of the universe is 13.799 ± 0.021 billion years. Kaplan also relates to Sefer HaTemunah the idea that Torah teachings are compatible with other areas of modern science. According to Kaplan, Orthodox Jews often challenge the findings of paleontology and geology as conflicting with Torah concepts. But in an "extremely controversial" essay, Israel Lipschitz drew on the writings of Abraham ibn Ezra, Nahmanides, and Bahya ibn Paquda to argue the opposite conclusion: "See how the teachings of our Torah have been vindicated by modern discoveries." Lipschitz wrote that fossils of mammoths and dinosaurs represent previous Sabbatical cycles in which humans and other beings lived in universes before Adam, and that the Himalayas were formed in a great upheaval, one of the upheavals mentioned in Sefer HaTemunah.

>Sounds like rocks and water smashed against each other to make RNA over time.
RNA is a carbon based molecule, it's less "water and rocks" and more "sugars and hydrogens"

You are confusing evolution of life for creation of life. Undergraduates frequently confuse the two, don't worry. Once 3 years have passed and you have gotten your slip of paper, you will understand.

i think the perfect ingredients got pressed together creating the first microorganisms due to pressure, and its still happening every now and then

I wasn't aware that rocks did not contain carbon, and that water did not contain hydrogen. What do I know of course, you are the expert here.

>You are confusing evolution of life for creation of life
I havent mentioned and am not talking about evolution at all. I'm talking about the spontaneous formation of organic molecules and membrane structures in nature or approximations of natural conditions

Rocks are made of pretty much everything and the sugars have to come from somewhere originally

>Where do you think humans came from?
from proto-Humans

A number of seforim, Maareches Elokus in particular, say that these 974 generations belong to the previous sh’mitah which existed before the creation of Adam HaRishon.

Interestingly, according to some “evolution” theories (anthro.palomar.edu/homo2/modern_humans.htm), the modern human form took shape on Earth around 100,000 years ago. If we are to assume that the 974 generations before Adam were to have lived for the full 1000 years that Adam was intended to live, and that they gave birth at ~100 years old (Adam and Chavah had a child at ~130), that would mean that the first human forms took shape ~100,000 years ago, in line with current scientific thought.

Hyperborea n SHIET.

>I wasn't aware that rocks did not contain carbon
Some do, some don't, "Rock" isn't very specific of a term.
>that water did not contain hydrogen
Something needs to break the molecular bond holding that hydrogen together.

>Something needs to break the molecular bond holding that hydrogen together
Thats what acids are for

13.799 billion =/= 15.340 billion

Yeah people act like we haven't directly observed simple organic self-generation under certain laboratory conditions.

Now these laboratory conditions aren't really a perfect corollary with "primordial soup" conditions and the molecular structures are a far cry from real life forms or even proto-life forms so they aren't real "proof" of a abiogenesis
But I'm of the mind that's just because any research lab running these things have to wait far to long to get any interesting or constructive results and funding drys up long before any real observations can be made.
Although there's really no way to determine how long that would actually take. Maybe a few years, maybe a few thousand years

92% puts us at alpha 8% which is half decent a Jew with mystical calculations on the back of a napkin.

Also, why the fuck is this on Veeky Forums ? I don't think anyone can provide a real answer without admitting this is just a fucking christian shitpost board

You wot

Where I can read more about this?

In the beginning there were organic chemicals

Biomolecules eventually formed

Then nucleic acids

Then Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA)

Then single celled organisms (bacteria, amoebae, some fungi and algae, etc.)

Then eventually multi-celled organisms

Eventually mammals

Eventually primates

Eventually us

>In the beginning there were organic chemicals
>Biomolecules eventually formed
It says a lot about you when you can't form the link between these two.

In my Kabbalah thread.

>Also, why the fuck is this on Veeky Forums ?
Because our mods/jannies suck.

I'm not a scientist

You are confusing two seperate issues. Man's origin is very well established by evolutionary processes.

The origin of life is not yet known, but even the earliest proto-humans didn't appear until eons after the beginning of life.

That much is obvious

>&Humanities

what have we done to deserve such a curse

This.

Plus, every reasonable person knows that proto-life was originally seeded by aliens.

The real head-scrarcher is: how did the alien life begin?

Proto-alien life was planted by other aliens.

And who planted them? Other aliens.

It's aliens all the way down baby.

It's literally one of the first things in the only book you ever need to read.
God created humans.
Bless you.

Last time posted on my religious views I was banned for trolling because atheists can't play fair

>it's an atheist pretends to be a christard that doesn't know the difference between abiogenesis and evolution thread

he doesn't have to, we've found glycine in interstellar dust

> I was banned because of what someone else said

>serveral standard deviations out.
>compatible
Lol jews.