Why do Catholicucks consistently claim that Jesus claimed to be God when he never said anything of the sort?

Why do Catholicucks consistently claim that Jesus claimed to be God when he never said anything of the sort?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UWq3fVQuSuA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to_Timothy#Date
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLapIcULLvvedMSy8Ilis0tzvMKCkCtMtj
youtube.com/watch?v=TBEygmqNAUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=K2Mp4v8VQwQ&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He said things only God can say and did things only God can do.

Nice try heretic, the Lord did claim what He is and it has nothing to do with popery

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Exodus 3:14

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
John 8:58

>King James translation

The Acts of the Apostles in the Bible details the activity of the disciples over a period of thirty years after Jesus was lifted up to heaven. Throughout this period they never refer to Jesus as God.

postin in a cuck bread

Peter refers to Jesus as kύριος which means LORD or אֲדֹנָי

This
kύριος was how the septuagint translated the tetragrammaton, wherever the NT says Jesus is Lord it is properly translated LORD
But Jesus clearly identified Himself as YHWH

I read in a Bart Ehrman book that Jesus isn't God in the first three gospels

Is it true?

Only the Gospel of John, which is the historically the last Gospel to be composed, makes references to Jesus' divine nature ("I am", etc.)

The other 3 older Gospels make no such references, treating him more like a prophetic preacher or God's "adopted son", rather than an actual divine being.

No. Stop reading Bart "I have degrees so i am smart" Ehrman. Watch his debates with James White to see him get BTFO

False
Matthew 22:41-46
While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.
Jesus here claims the messiah (Himself) to be the 2nd person of YHWH

and jesus calls peter a fucking rock

Jesus is the rock

Stop posting stuff that makes me angry. Stop it right now or I will scream really loud.

>Why do Catholicucks

You just answered your question OP.

These '''people''' will gladly accept a hoard of a 100M Africans into Europe to destroy it, as long as they can earn brownie points for heaven.

matthew and luke have contradicting genealogies; why should i trust anything said in there.

>his debates with James White
Are you sure you saw the whole thing? Ehrman has an annoying voice that makes it sound like he's defensive and overly annoyed, but if you listen to what he actually says, be blows out James White pretty hard.

Remember that Ehrman seriously knows his shit. He isn't some random internet fedora, he's one of the top (and most experience) new testament scholars in the world. James White is an evangelical apologist that only has an education in evangelical theology (none in religous studies), bought a degree from a diplima mill, and bases all of his arguments on secondhand knowledge.

all of the gospels contradict each other

the bible is full of bullshit contradictions and embarrassing inaccuracies

the only thing the gospels can agree on was that jesus was generally a massive beta pussy nu-male and a bleeding heart cuck whose followers abandoned him at the last second and who got his ass nailed by the Romans

youtube.com/watch?v=UWq3fVQuSuA
All i have learned by listening to Ehrman and White is that Ehrman is a sophist fool
*tips fedora*

>James White is an evangelical apologist that only has an education in evangelical theology (none in religous studies), bought a degree from a diplima mill, and bases all of his arguments on secondhand knowledge.
These are lies. James White got his degrees from a liberal seminary and is an expert in New Testament textual criticism. "Religious studies" is SJW garbage.

you know you've anally rekt a Christcuck and gotten under his skin when the only argument they've got is a *tips fedora*

not even an atheist btw

just don't worship a cuck manchild as my God

Unfortunately, I can't disagree with any of this.

The sooner the West abandons Christianity the better. Else there will be nothing left to save, Christcucks are the biggest multicultural shills there are.

Go back to LARPagan

>the only thing the gospels can agree on was that jesus was generally a massive beta pussy nu-male and a bleeding heart cuck whose followers abandoned him at the last second and who got his ass nailed by the Romans

fucking THIS

Jesus is the biggest hype man for Leftism and degenerate SJW cancer ever to have walked the Earth

No wonder the West is the way it is right now; no wonder it's always been so historically liberal and seen feminism and other progressive movements as signs of absolute progress. The fifth column is literally in the Church.

Samefag

>is an expert in New Testament textual criticism
Is that why so many other theologians criticize him for buying a doctorate and misrepresenting his credentials?

dude fuck off im not listening to some american baptist fundamentalist shit that if i listen to, will find logical inconsistencies in, when ive already looked this up and found that it is general consensus that biblical scholars cant find a way to reconcile those genealogies. its nothing to do with different lines down mother or father. its just someone fucked up.

now if you want me to listen or think theres something new in the video, type it in a short message.

and dude sorry but you're deluded if you think there are no contradictions and inconsistencies in the bible. its widely known by the people who study it and you havent got the best weight since you have to believe in it already.

>the only thing the gospels can agree on was that jesus was generally a massive beta pussy nu-male and a bleeding heart cuck whose followers abandoned him at the last second and who got his ass nailed by the Romans

Jesus was a marxist. If he was alive today the first thing he would do is open the floodgates of Europe and America to rapefugees and niggers.

I'm not that poster, but if you refutation to atheists is *tips fedora*, I'm not really impressed with your faith.

wrong.

first thing he would do is suck off every nigger, native american, and mexican to ejaculation and apologize to them personally for the brutal US-European imperialist exploitation done to them in his name.

THEN he would open the floodgates of Europe and America etc

Lying is a sin user

*tips fedora*
You just hate God. You're not interested in truth.

triggered Christcuck?

So how many rapefugees have you invited into your home, good Christcuck?

If the answer is 0, Jesus is disappointing and you are going to hell. [Insert shitty and contradictory Bible quote about selfishness here]

There are thousands of Christian philosophers facepalming every time you try to refute atheism with *tips fedora* instead of actually using all the logic they wrote down in the hundreds of texts they conveniently left for you over the centuries.

It could be argued Jesus suggests he is divine in Mathew Luke and John. The only reference in Mark, the earliest seems to have been inserted into the text later in an attempt to make it congruent with Christian doctrine.

Acts was written by a supporter of Paul, it would be surprising to find anything in it that contradicts Paul's theology, though it does point to some of his conflicts with the early church.

You said
>why does x contradict
I responded with proof it doesn't contradict
you responded
>ur dum the bibles dum
That doesn't deserve anything more than *tips fedora*

You're wrong

why dont you do it then. false belief is crap though spirituality and religion is good.

Great argument.

why dont you point to some evidence or at least a mainline academic source which disagrees with me.

Lol. I was that poster. I come to thread. Scan thread arguments and I see *tips fedora*.

I'm not an atheist and that shit gets old. If you want to convert people to Christ, then fucking be a damn Christian.

to be frank, read what hes responding to and its almost as shit as saying "you're wrong" go on, big boy.

I wrote what he is responding to and it completely accurate.

>mainline academic source
I have no interest in cultural marxist pseudo intellectuals

well, if you have a side to the argument then you could have put a better comment yourself in terms of evidence. if you're not on oneside then fair enought, you're just pointing out a vague comment.

you can fuck off too big boy.

Got it, your one of those people who thinks every professor is on some quest to destroy religion.

Got it, sorry to bother you, enjoy discussing your translated holy book as if it were fact.

its a statement of fact. Granted I didn't give a paragraph with citations, but I really dont feel like digging into my bible right now and a google search would validate what I said.

Now, I think that the claim to divinity needing to be inserted into the earliest Gospel implies the concept was an invention of christian theology rather than something Jesus actually said. But it doesn't prove anything either way.

i just think the bible is inconsistent.

Enjoy the flames of Hell

Wow. You are a lazy Christian. You are going to let people burn in hell because you were too lazy to quote the Bible.

New level of laziness. Jesus would be proud.

>the earliest Gospel
Luke is the earliest gospel, it's quoted as scripture by Paul

is it? cite. dont be lazy. i thought mark was the earliest gospel and paul the earliest NT literature

1 Timothy 5:18 quotes Luke 10:7

>this thread
atheism is a mental illness

dont fucking cite the bible to prove your case. thats fucking idiotic,

Can someone explain to me what triggers people so badly about this image in terms of doctrine?

it only triggers /pol/

Protestantism is dying, while God's religion is blooming

Yeah, accept Paul's authorship if that text is challenged

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_to_Timothy#Date

pretty sure paul didn't write what hes refering to. atleast biblical scholars dont think so. Timothy. still amazed cukstians still think john wrote john. fucking retards.

>Why do Catholicucks consistently claim that Jesus claimed to be God when he never said anything of the sort?
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLapIcULLvvedMSy8Ilis0tzvMKCkCtMtj

He claimed to be God in various ways, or claimed attributes that are generally attributed to God alone or held such high regard in Jewish society that it was effectively heresy.

In terms of doctrine, not much. It is more that Francis demands that the nations of Europe (or what little remains of Christendom) take in those who actively seek to destroy them. He'd do a much better job (but also a lot less popular job, and Francis is nothing if not an attention whore) encouraging Catholics to provide aid (financially or otherwise) to safekeep refugees within the region (so in countries like Lebanon, Israel and Jordan).

Also notice that he's kissing the foot of a black "refugee". Last time I checked there weren't that many black Syrians.

It's more subtle in the synoptics.

>repeating shit you heard but don't understand
Did Jesus not say he is the voice of the burning bush?

>matthew and luke have contradicting genealogies
youtube.com/watch?v=TBEygmqNAUQ
36:10

even just as a history buff, this is really interesting

>Also notice that he's kissing the foot of a black "refugee". Last time I checked there weren't that many black Syrians.
But plenty of black Sudanese.

>take in those who actively seek to destroy them
Somehow I don't think victims of the Syrian genocide want to destroy Europe.

>Catholics to provide aid (financially or otherwise) to safekeep refugees within the region (so in countries like Lebanon, Israel and Jordan).
If you guys actually wanted to help you'd be shipping off for boots-on-ground warfare like the German antifa embedded in the Peshmerga.

I mean, dominionism and actively brokering the eshcaton always seem like good rhetoric but I rarely see any keyboard crusader who 'knows what's best' follow through on the rhetoric.

Then that means Peter was a fucking rock, you heretic.

Tbh Christians are only pro-immigration because they want to convert everyone to Christianity.

I always thought Jesus was Messiah, not literally GOD.

(Messiah means anointed one BTW, hence why Divine Right kings were anointed and shit and why John the Baptist is such an important character in liturgy)

>If you guys actually wanted to help you'd be shipping off for boots-on-ground warfare...
Kingdom of God is obtained through universal Catholicism. Militarily helping muzzies kill each other in no way helps to achieve that.

> Implying Sweden and Germany are Catholic
BACK TO POL

And he rolls my blues away

Sweden and Germany aren't even Christian anymore.

I don't even like Ehrman but he blew White the absolute fuck out, White was completely out of his depth. I mean just watch:

youtube.com/watch?v=K2Mp4v8VQwQ&

He did you're just terrible at finding it

Mark 14:61-62

61 But he remained silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?” 62 And Jesus said, “I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version.

Titles like messiah or even Son of God do not confirm that you are God. King David was referred to as the son of God.

Son of Man certainly did not mean you were God.

Also how did they author of the bible get a witness account to the trail anyway? were they are someone they knew in Pilots audience chamber?