Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are DLCs.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 has a roster of 90 playable characters and 4 DLC characters.
-Samurai Warriors 5 is now in development
-English version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms The Legend of Cao Cao has been released for Android and iOS

YOU DAMN MINX!

Jim Sterling loves DW9

Zhang Hurr mains are cucks. Jim can attest to that.

Yinping is best girl, all other girls should do a tactical retreat.

Fuck it, here we go.

As long as DW9 hater dies I don't care

DW has been freed from Suzuki

Who wants to play a Chink Jew merch in RoTK anyways, or one of the classes with a half finished ending?

Diao Chan is truly terrifying.

Yinping might be good for a girl but she needs to work on her war cries

SANER NO

>Jim getting fatter

Leave Han Dang alone

I've tried the new Legend of Cao Cao a little bit.
Honestly, the improved visuals are amazing, the interface works well on a touchscreen and Nexon did a better job than Koei at translating their own games.
But there's really too much shit going on with the microtrasaction and smartphone part of the game.
I'm still at the tutorial and I've already been introduced to three types of currencies, four types of lootboxes, attendance bonuses and a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with the original title and requires you to spend your entire life following it to progress.
Fuckers should have just released the single player part for $20 or something like that, the work they did is too good to be wasted on this crap.

Wu are winning this.

Who is Saner and why is s(he) banned?

why is lu bu so surprised at the end

Well they did think the camp was empty.

Disappointing Deaths: the event
That's sad to know, I was looking forward to it.

It's only been a day and almost everyone fucking died.

Just like ancient china.

Liu Bei finally got his wish

Cow Cow you dumb fuck.

I am far too virile and handsome to die from tripping!

Zhang Bao..

>Zhu Ran launches a fire attack, killing Loki and >Page 10
>Wu goes into "Crown Prince Affair" mode
>Linqifag does degenerate things for Koei fag in hopes of having a Spirit of Lu Linqi game.

I've just realised i haven't used shooting spears yet.

In an unlikely turn of event, Wu wins for once.

I forgot they existed.

I expected more unexpected kills.

HOW AM I 11TH?! THIS CANNOT BE! I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!

ooo

I feel there is something to be learned.

>I CLAIM THIS BASE IN THE LAND OF (Roblox death sound)

Is anyone still playing DW9?

Mhm

I'm liking Xin Xianying and Lu Lingqi so far. Lu Lingqi might be my favorite to play, but I haven't tried DW9 Zhou Tai yet.

I stopped after I realized it was shit.

armpits

I've been playing the older DW titles on an emulator, having touched DW9 yet.

Xing Cai also shows off her armpits

I have to decide on which character to play next. Will probably go Ling Tong for some Wu and to get some nunchaku action

Playing Zhurong now actually.

I've beaten it with most characters and unlocked all the horses, got the plat trophy, filled out majority of the gallery, so I've put over 160 hours into the game. I have very little else to do anymore.

prpr

Just got back to my Liu Bei run.
I'd like to play Pang Tong next but I think I should play someone from a different faction to diversify the experience a little.
Maybe Cao Cao or Cheng Pu, or maybe an Other character.

How is the PS4 version of the game after the recent patch? Do you have a regular PS4 or Pro?

Regular PS4 version always ran fine for me.

Other characters are good if you just want a breather
Cao Cao is very fun to play

Metal Gear Rising: Three Kingdoms

Raiden = Zhou Tai
Armstrong = Cao Cao
Blade Wolf = Liu Bei
Mistral = Zhenji
Monsoon = Sima Yi
Sundowner = Xiahou Dun
Jetstream Sam = Zhang Jiao
Khamsin = Hua Xiong

I meant Zhang Liao fucking auto correct I hate phone posting

Well, you got 2 ones, what else can you ask for?

>JIM EATING ALL THE FOOD

It ran better with the patch but its not perfect on the OG PS4.

I'm playing it on and off, but the low frame rate is putting me off. I honestly go to the desert to fight stuff since the frame rate is best there because there are barely any trees. Right now I'm switching back forth with Nep 4GO and Vermintide 2. I'll probably play again when the Dong Bai DLC hits and hopefully an optimization patch.

I will accept 21st place since I got a kill.

I'm slowly making progress since I have like 4 to 6 games to finish.

January to February was filled with good stuff.

>tfw you know Pang Tong is about to die but there's nothing you can do to save him
Half as long

Honestly, this should be the next picture KT uses for their "we are working on PC issues :)" announcement considering how long it's taking

Does anyone know how to quickly fill out the encyclopedia for that one achievement?

Fishing in silky smooth 30 frames per second.

quit it

Why does Tachibana look like Sima Zhao?

I meant Muneshige

Ginchyo has them DSL

Catch a lot of fish in the 2 feet of water the lure is in?

>Liu Bei's line delivery in Chinese
>Watch over me, Pang Tong

Damn. So this is China. Wow.

China is pretty.

Wu did nothing wrong.

Shut up, Lu Meng.

Slowly progressing through my Xiahou Dun run, currently on chapter 4. The only story mode I've beaten so far is Zhang Jiao's.
>tfw wagecuck
I barely have time to play anymore

HAHA

Those mountains so nostalgic. Like remembering watching original dragonball as a kid.

>Chapter 8 as Liu Bei
>Zuo Ci is following me to whatever city I fast travel to
Is that intentional or is it just me?

I'm in the same boat. Every time I feel like playing it, I do or about an hour then turn it off because of the slow down in combat. Playing 4 until the patch comes.

I played for 20 hours between few days. And then looked back on how i spent those 20 hours:
>Setup game on chaos, expect challenge
>At first i learned about trigger attacks and found cheap way to juggle everybody
>Then i proceeded running off from main quest into the wilds
>I found nothing in the wilds except loads of bears, tigers and wolves i could shoot from the distance with not much of a challenge
>and giant boxes in the woods with assassin's creed style tower climbing
>Then i proceeded fishing loads of fish that yielded loads of money
>Then i bought tons of spirit pills
>I captured base after base after base by doing same actions for hours
>shift+rmb -> lmb lmb lmb lmb lmb lmb and repeat
>UP UP to consume spirit pill + hold middle mouse button on tough opponent to win
>repeat that for hours
>finally proceed with the story
>complete every single boring side quest available in the chapter
>this does nothing but levels down chapter boss a little
>grapple hook to chapter boss and spam musou and air throws
>win
>proceed to repeat same actions for every chapter until nice cutscene arrives to reward you for your useless actions
>sometimes during large city battles game engine just shits itself and can't stop lagging, so i have to restart the game to remove the lag, i will never learn the cause of this
>i completely forgot all this time i was playing on chaos, but it felt piss easy

Currently i put the game on hold since i barely can hold 30 fps with custom settings. But that's not the point. The point is that after this game i returned to DW8XL and Empires on my PS4 a little, and found those games plainly more enjoyable and actually challenging. I recently completed another Empires campaign and it actually felt good going against high leveled opponents, thinking what strategems to use and what bases to capture, struggling with heroes in one place, while your allies struggle somewhere else on the map, so you actually have to think about your actions.

>it actually felt good going against high leveled opponents, thinking what strategems to use and what bases to capture, struggling with heroes in one place, while your allies struggle somewhere else on the map, so you actually have to think about your actions.
Practically all of this, applies also to DW9. It's just done in the background without you being spoonfed it.

It just doesn't matter in dw9 because you can just quickly kill the boss of the level. There are a lot of scripted events in dw9 that are all useless because grappling hook and boss being available from the start to kill. For example did you know Zhang Jiang had four elements he could summon if you start killing people in his castle? And you had to eliminate all helping officers that allow him summon those elements, including some unique officers. Its easier to just go into his chambers and skip all of this. Because the boss is even easier this way because there are less people inside his chambers at the beginning of the battle.
This game would been infinitely better without grappling hook and with boss appearing only when you complete certain objectives during the battle in his castle. It would instantly eliminate all the speed-running cheese.
On top of that if you're struggling with allies dying you can fast travel out of bounds to reset their position. And AI of allies following you directly is completely brain dead, they do nothing.

In practically any game outside the Empires titles you can also ride straight to an objective and steamroll it. DW9 just makes it more noticeable. Nobody bitched this hard about it back then.

The only difference is, instead of grappling hooking over a castle wall you had to kill a guard captain. Oh, and ride for ages across a map. Kinda like everyone's having a whine about in DW9 now, and didn't back then.

I don't think the grapling hook should be removed, but I do think that bosses shouldn't appear unless you complete certain objectives. Removing the grappling hook would only be dealing with the symptoms rather than tackling the actual problems the game has.

Another big issue with how useless the sidequests are is how shit the ai is in general. If the game had much more aggressive ai similar to 3-5 then completing different objectives to have your army move up and lower the enmies morale would actually mean something. As it stands currently there's no reason to complete them outside of the player wanting to.

Have you ever actually played a previous game user, cause I can think of plenty of levels where you can't just run straight to the final fight.

Because predefined map battles are better than open world zones and offer better arcade experience, and units were actually moving, not just standing there waiting for you.
Also gate keepers prevented you from just going forward and murdering the boss, there were lots of maps where you had to complete side objectives first or just protect people. Allies and characters you're supposed to protect were ambushed in real time and could easily die than in this game. In DW9 they die from random consequences instead and usually hard to reach, so you have to rely on saving in right spots and teleporting.

Why exactly you try to compare this game to older titles when they share nothing but a name? A game where you can kill Lu Bu at least 5 times in a row on chaos.

This reminds me a dialog i had on tes general in 2011. When people were saying skyrim was better than morrowind, or just as good as it was, and everyone claiming otherwise had nostalgia glasses problem.
This is exactly the same situation.

>go here
>kill people to open a gate
>go here
>kill people to save peasants
>go here
>kill people to prevent an ambush
>shit, commander's in danger
>go backwards for an ice age through an empty map
>kill people to protect your commander
>go here
>kill the commander
>this is acceptable

>go here
>kill the commander
>this is an outrage

>level where you do a bunch of stuff

>level where you don't do much

What the problem you have with that? You like DW9 for its cheesy downgraded gameplay?

You're right, let's fix that bit up.

>go hunting
>go fishing
>buy a house
>fill it with shit
>entertain a friend in your house
>go hunting some more
>hatch a plot to get all the enemy soldiers drunk
>capture supplies to properly outfit a wave of archers by the river
>get some more fishing in
>go kill some bandits
>just about ready now
>go here
>kill the commander

>this is an outrage

Not him but people are complaining as if this wasnt the case in old DW games.
In 8Empires there's really nothing stopping you from equipping + speed items that make you run through the entire map in under a minute and assassinate the boss.