RGT - Robin Hood General thread

>crypto shills sliding our thread again
Edition

-- Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
"People" invest your settled funds when you're not using them, just like banks.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Other urls found in this thread:

streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Gevo (GEVO) Says Isobutanol Cleared for Use in On-Road Vehicles in Arizona/12935636.html?si_client=intbro
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

previous thread

ALSO FIRST FOR I TOLD YOU ABOUT TGTX

LONG TERM HOLD
ITS NOT TOO LATE TO GET IN

TGTX
G
T
X

Gib memes, need moons

Fuck AMD. Just kill me.

What scanner are you using? Just IB?

I really dont use scanners

How do you find the movers? I wouldn't have found PBYI going nuts on that halt

wrong board, nocoiner

unironically stocktwits, twitter, and /rgt/

can you tell me how you set up your scanner to find PBYI yesterday?

highest 10 minute volume or something?

What's today's play, boys

FRESH
streetinsider.com/Corporate News/Gevo (GEVO) Says Isobutanol Cleared for Use in On-Road Vehicles in Arizona/12935636.html?si_client=intbro

generic gap scanner
GEVO
ETRM
TGTX

All huge short floats

TGTX not a daytrade meme

it is a solid long term hold

I am waiting for the $30+ buyout

There is no such thing as long term hold for me

ok well be careful

TGTX has a tendency to pop and then fade as momentum traders get bored and start to bail out

Lol

What if I'm blocked from day trading

Lol

Lol

Lol

yeah damn those momentum traders :^)

then don't follow my list probably

Lol

Lol

change your name and trip please... it might stop these bots

Nah. I'm a trip from other boards and I'm keeping it consistent. Ignoring autism is a life skill

ok

Lol

I tried to tell you fools about Nokia yesterday. NOK partnering with apple. Up bigly in premarket

1 min 15s to bell

GEVO has a 100% short float so if they pick up expect a huge squeeze

explain the terms short float and squeeze

>TTWO

>Red dead redemption 2 delayed
>stock drops 9% after hours
>crushes earnings report
>stock up 5% in premarket

>tfw you watched it all happen and didnt buy the dip

L2 for CARA?

>not putting everything in LTBR

if their deal with Areva goes forward, it will be 10x in a day. Remember Amazon when it was $7? Now imagine if Amazon was going to supply power to the entire world + off-world systems

thanks!
cmon baby 16.50, i've got 1500 in cash waiting to pop back into this baby. CARA's predictable back and forth the past couple weeks has been amazing for me.

>HMNY

$4+ incomjng.

whelp

guess i'm sitting this one out

for those who like charts and longer trades check out TLGT

when is the news?

heres an update

when is a good time to re-enter drys?

fucking never

that's one hell of a wall at 18

It's nice being able to trade options. Writing covered calls is like free money

how does that work

well you can eliminate some risk for sure but you could also be cutting down on your potential gains if it goes way up

Bump

Compounding bro. I'm literally just writing ATM calls and using spare cash to buy UVXY

Is that long straddling

Straddle is when you buy and ATM call and ATM put and speculate on volatility being high. Covered calls are when you buy the stock then sell a call on it at any price

Cum size.
Kek!

someone post the 'big cums' screencap

'writing a covered call' means that he owns a stock, and he sells an option (he receives money up front) for the option buyer to gain the right to buy a stock at a certain price at a specified date

so lets say he is holding X at $20, and he sells a call with a strike price of $22 that expires at end of week. now lets just assume he received $1 per share up front for selling the call....

if the stock goes down from where its at now to $19, then the option buyer (who has the right to buy at 22) is obviously not going to buy at 22, he'd rather buy on the market at 19. so the option expires and faggy takes the initial money as gain

if the stock goes up from where it is now, lets say to $24, now end of week comes and the call gets executed, and faggy is responsible for selling the buyer shares at 22 as agreed upon. So he made money up front from selling the option, but he could have made more if he didnt do the option at all and sold at market at this higher 24 price

this is a pretty simplified explanation and i hope i am not totally wrong here because i dont have much experience with options desu

Lol

neat, thanks

what's a good stock that's having a really shitty day, like down 7-10% so far

go to finviz.com

DRYS

Why do you play with people like that?

Who listened?

Its now $4.30+.

right here senpai thanks
i sold already though, nice little scalp

i got nervous because i couldnt find the news on why this was up 60% on the day so i got out quick

Same. Stocktwits is pretty good at calling this shit

watched from the sidelines like a cuck. damn it.

its a JDST kinda day

holy shit this thai food from last night is fucking me up. I've shit 3 times already this morning

I just can't help it sometimes

Lol

Lol

nice blog where can I subscribe

>>holy shit this thai food from last night is fucking me up. I've shit 3 times already this morning

Is this why you have a trip? So you can be identified when you post trivial and off topic shit like this? No wonder there's fucking bots shitting all over every post you make. Fuck off with your wannabe e-celeb bullshit.

>inb4 replies with a webm of ooga-booga watch me lift hevy thing grr

CALA is moving

Nice. I sold too early too. Shouldve held and sold at $4.50+.

Now im waiting for a dip below $4 so i can rebuy.

Never posted in this thread but what the hell. I work so I can't afford to to speculate like you young-ins. Gotta save for retirement and all that. I've been using Robinhood to invest my spare money. Just some index funds and nothing too wild. Been using Quantopian to automate my my orders when I deposit money every month into Robinhood every month. Pardon the big dip in the picture but that's just me withdrawing dividends.

nice blog where can i subscripe?

All of my fucking money is tied down to FB and NFLX

I still like Netflix but Facebook is just unresponsive lately. Should I get out with a -$20 return?

slow and steady grandpa bond etfs

nice

Predictions for amd and jnug today?

What kind of algorithm are you using? I use quantopian too

My own. It's just buy and hold so it's easy to program.

Within 3-weeks

nice. how does it pick stocks?

I don't pick stocks. Have a fixed list of ETFs.

kill yourselves I post off topic once and you autistically screech

oh my bad i see now. You submit any to the contest?

NAKD up another 5% and isn't showing any signs of stopping until the merger announcement.

how do i get 30k to daytrade with

do you want to hear about my day now

its just a meme response relax

and i dont appreciate joking about suicide

save your money,

I work part time and am a student and still scraped it together

I did but it's trash. Hedging is a zero sum game compared to buy and hold. Too hard to make a good algo. I just use the free Robinhood API for saving.

I want it less than 1.5 years and i wont become a "student"

CERC
E
R
C

he forgot to mention to live with your parents too

Is CVM worth it right now?

FDA has to respond in the next few days right?

Fuck, i really need to trust my own instincts better.

Jewed myself out of lots of money already.

Hmny is blasting of but i sold for pennies.

Why not just do a couch potato investment style and manage an ETF ratio? That's what I'm doing, it's simple and stable. Only need to rebalance it once or twice a year and I'm fully diversified.
Index investing is truly the best. If you can make 8-10% return a year, year in and year out, you're doing good.

This picture is a Canadian listed example, but could easily be applied to a US profile. It's not as exciting as crypto, but it works.

i should have trusted your instincts too dog. we'd both be GOOD right now