Is a top mathematician going to be more intelligent than a top philosopher?

i mean take Grothendieck, the greatest mathematician of the 20th century...compared to say Deleuze and Derrida, Grothendieck's work is much more complex....

Is a top squirrel going to be a better swimmer than a dolphin?

Is a top dolphin going to be better at climbing trees than a squirrel?

Complexity denotes a lack of profundity rather than an excess of it.
But it doesn't matter since Mathematicians are top Philosophers.
>muh philosophy is just a subject
Literally anything you say is a philosophical statement because anyone can debate its nature.
Philosophy is ingrained in everything, don't be a nu-tard and try to divide life in compartments so you can justify retardation, degeneracy, and double standards.
The un-examined life is not worth living.
KYS, low IQ moron

Grothendieck's complexity is actually there found in his work....the man that essentially build modern algebraic geometry in the EGA

Continental/French Postmodernist "complexity" is generally obfuscation and word salad

In many cases these things overlap though if you ask me.

Like Husserl was actually known primarily as a mathematician before he developed phenomenology.

Fuck Mathematicians and Philosophers, take Economists.

I'd wager Keynes and Von Neumann, who have both written staple works in the development of economic theory are very intelligent. Reading one paragraph of The General Theory... can sometimes be very difficult if you haven't taken adderall.

A lot of top Philosophers are top Mathematicians and vice versa. I think this is a dumb question.

>Keynes
>intelligent
You do know that the modern economy is in such a fucked up state because of the keynesian policies it has followed right?

His arguments against the perfectionist theory of Neoclassicism when it came to the free market were a very welcome addition indeed.

>Professional photographer captures a stunning scene perfectly.

>kid with a cell phone snaps hundreds of pure shit pictures from slightly different angles, prints them out and dumps his cats litter box on them and rubs his face in while spinning upside.

WOW THAT KID IS REALLY ONTO SOMETHING REVOLUTIONARY

How did Keynes critique neoclassicism when it came after his death?

Was neoclassicism as a term coined after Irving Fisher wrote his works in the 192/30s? Because that's what he is defined as, you dingus.

I swear, the doctrine of the time was to treat the J.S. Mill, Ricardian, and Smithian theory of free market completely fluidly when it came to employment and wages, which Keynes disagreed with.

But then he did agree with Fisher that the free market determines the interest (saving/investment) rate necessarily at all times perfectly. So there is that.

Mathemetician. He can work out a philosopher's writings given some context and the material from which the philosopher drew from.

It will take 10-20 years of rigorous study for any layman to understand mathematical genius.

Irving Fisher structured a lot of his earlier writings around the concept of 'mathematical proofs'. Keynes never goes this far, but he uses formulas in nearly everything he does. It's somehow less complicated than Fisher tbqh senpai. What a read both of these brainmasters are.

Philosopher. While maths can come up with some interesting things, it cannot do anything to solve the biggest problem of our age; systemic racism.

>Complexity denotes a lack of profundity
Honestly, stop what you're doing right now and spend the next 5 years learning Grothendieck Riemann Roch. Then tell me that complex things can't be profound.

Mathematicians are ought to have higher IQs than Philosophers due to the nature of their area of expertise.

hnnngggg, I get a half chub just thinking about it.

>the biggest problem of our age; systemic racism.

For you.