*According to the bible*, how is an individual supposed to make it into the Kingdom of Heaven?

*According to the bible*, how is an individual supposed to make it into the Kingdom of Heaven?

Other urls found in this thread:

patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2012/09/failed-prophecy-psalm-22/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3tmXzDa7o
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Apocalypse_of_Peter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't know but you definitely can't be rich.

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. -- Matthew 5:10

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. -- Matthew 18:3, Mark 10:15

Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. -- John 3:5

Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. -- John 3:3

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. -- Matthew 7:21

Except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven. -- Matthew 5:20

There be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it. -- Matthew 19:12

Given the numerous interpretations and meaning you can give to verses, paraboles etc. you only have to read it and figure out for yourself. Some say predestination, some say worldly actions... Try your own.

I want to know. What I need to do in life, right now. In order to get into heaven. I need instructions from the bible on how to inter into the God's Kingdom. None of those verses suffice.

Basically, cut off your nuts.

>There be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Sure they do. Be righteous, even when people attack you for it. Convert to Christianity and follow Christ like a child. Also

>The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. -- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

so don't do all that stuff listed in that passage.

The Coming of the Kingdom

20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

22And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it. 23And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them. 24For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day. 25But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation. 26And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. 27They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all. 28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; 29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 31In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32Remember Lot's wife. 33Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Listen to what Jesus said:

Matthew 5
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; """""""""I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.""""""""""""

19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you """""""WILL CERTAINLY NOT THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN""""""""

What law? The Mosaic Law. Want to enter heaven? Then your righteousness MUST EXCEED the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees.

And I tell you user, HOW CAN your righteousness exceed the scribes and Pharisees IF YOU DONT KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS?

Salvation comes from keeping the commandments, NOT FROM the blood of Jesus.

Listen to what Jesus said:

20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

If you do good, Heaven is a place for you. If you do evil, Hell is a place for you.

What Original Sin? We DO NOT bear Adam's sin, nor does Adam bear our sins. As such, we don't receive punishment for other people's sins.

Jesus brought a man-ly religion. Not this "someone will die and go to hell for our sins" religion.

A law abiding Jew comes to Jesus seeking eternal life or salvation. In the words of Matthew:

Matthew 19:16-17
"And behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God: but if thou wilt enter into life, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS."

Why did Jesus go out of his way telling you all of this? I tell you why, he wants you and me to have the eternal life.

Want eternal life? Keep the commandments, for salvation comes from keeping it, not from the blood of Jesus.

>This triggers the Christian

Not intending to trigger anyone. They're good people. Hopefully they listen to what Jesus said.

I've been coming to the conclusion that Christianity is mostly a headcannon fabricated separate from the holy doctrine. Not saying they're bad people, just ill informed.

By grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone

Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.”
John 6:29

Salvation is not by keeping the law, keeping the law is by salvation
Stop pretending you think Jesus said a single thing in the bible. Start being honest, is not the truth one of the 99 beautifal names?

I blame Paul, the self-appointed disciple, almost half of the NT was written by Paul. And 21 out of 27 books of the NT doesn't even have Jesus word in it.

Where did Jesus said he came to die for our sins?

Also see >be honest
Fine, a part of says that you're all good people. We all have that one evil part that hate everyone.

*a part of me

Paul was appointed by Jesus. In Galatians we see Paul argue against the beliefs of his worst enemies. We can therefore conclude that whatever core beliefs held by Paul that he does not defend he does not defend because they are held in common between him and his enemies. Paul does not defend his belief that Jesus is God or that He died on the cross. In fact, the text implies they agreed with him, when he says "If righteousness be by law then Christ is dead in vain." Did anyone before Muhammad deny the crucifixion of Jesus? There is not even a shred of evidence anyone did

>Where did Jesus said he came to die for our sins?
John 10:11

>10 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

>7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Context and metaphor are concepts that Christians will never understand.

>Jesus says He dies for the sheep
>this somehow doesn't mean He dies for the sheep

>Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.

The beautiful irony.

Yes, you are apparently the pharisee.

>Lay his life for his sheep
The verse before that is talking about a thief came to steal and kill.

What thief? The sins? No, Satan, anti-Christ, false prophets, savage Jews, ect. From what? From leading the sheep to the wrong path.

If you read the whole context, NOWHERE did Jesus said that he died for our sins, only will die from protecting the sheep from straying from the right path. He would put his life on the line to make sure the sheep are safe.

John 8:37
I know you are Abraham's descendants(Jews). Yet you are ready to kill me, because you have no room for my word.

Look, he put his life on the line to deliver the Father's message. For that, I respect the man.

I maybe completely wrong, but wasn't Paul never meet Jesus? He only have a vision. Vision don't count. Anyone can have a vision. I once have a vision about anime girls.

>OWHERE did Jesus said that he died for our sins, only will die from protecting the sheep from straying from the right path
LAYS DOWN HIS LIFE FOR THE SHEEP
Y-yeah, this has nothing to do with dying for sins
>He only have a vision
He didn't simply have a vision, he met with the resurrected Christ in bodily form

>Figure of speach

Like I said, metaphor and context are something Christians (phrisees) are incapable of comprehending.

>dying for our sins

>I WOULD PUT MY LIFE ON THE LINE FOR MY FAMILY.
Does that mean I'm going to die for my family sins? No.

Same can be said with Jesus. He would put his life on the line in guiding the sheep to the straight path.

Also, in the context. Who is that thief?

>vision
Did he touch Jesus? A vision cannot be differentiated from the true unless we feel it. Again, I maybe completely wrong.

I'm gonna make a few points of why Jesus DIDN'T die for our sins in the next few posts.

>>I WOULD
This isn't a hypothetical, Christ said He DOES lay His life down for the sheep
>Same can be said with Jesus. He would put his life on the line in guiding the sheep to the straight path.
That's not why He lays down His life, He lays down His life to save the sheep
>Who is that thief?
False teachers, but that's a different metaphor.
>A vision cannot be differentiated from the true unless we feel it
Nope, Paul's companions saw Him too

FIRST POINT

Matthew 27:46
...Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").

Is this someone would say if he was going to die for our sins?

NO, this is the cry of someone who DOESN'T want to die.

And no, he is not quoting from Psalm 22 because that Psalm DOESNT even refer to Jesus.

patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2012/09/failed-prophecy-psalm-22/

>Figure
>Of
>Speech

I understand Jesus's struggle with trying to inform the Pharisees.

>And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

What did he mean by this?

>Matthew 27:46
He's quoting Psalm 22

>And no, he is not quoting from Psalm 22 because that Psalm DOESNT even refer to Jesus.
that doesn't mean it isn't quoting Psalm 22, because it absolutely is. It just means that taking Psalm 22 as a prophecy is literally retarded

Ok, why is he quoting Psalms 22? What did he mean by this?

It's literally just christian prophecy fulfillment. it has nothing to do with history. several details of Jesus's crucifixion were taken from Psalm 22, such as when they cast lots for his clothes

youtube.com/watch?v=Lk3tmXzDa7o

>youtube
fuck off

Ok... that's nice, but why did Jesus "quote" Psalms 22? What did he mean by this?

>didn't watch it

SECOND POINT

Jesus told his disciples to buy swords and keep guard:

Luke 22:36
...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Matthew 26:38
My soul is deeply grieved, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch with Me"

Sword? For what? To cut any throat that dare to harm Jesus. Because the Jews at that time were coming for Jesus's life.

Is this the man that is preparing to die for our sins? NO. This is the man who's TRYING TO STAY ALIVE. Not dying for our sins.

got to agree with this guy.

youtube is fucking cancer for anyone who wants to actually learn.

read it, its pretty obvious.

that's a pretty huge leap, user. It's certainly inconsistent with the pacifist passages, but it's a leap of logic to assume that it's for protecting Jesus

I did read. What did Jesus mean by "quoting" Psalms 22 in the 9th hour of his crucifixion?

>He that lives by the sword shall die by the sword

THIRD POINT

Jesus pray to God in the Garden of gethsemane:

Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

God(Jesus) praying to God(the Father)?

Look, Jesus PRAY to God for HELP. Is this someone would do if he came to die for our sins?

NO, this is the man that is asking God to save his life.

>please take this cup of suffering away from me
That's a prayer for His crucifixion, not for deliverance from it. The cup is a reference to Jeremiah 25:15-17. He is praying that God take away the cup of wrath, the wrath of God is taken away by the sacrifice of Christ.

You need to be born of the Spirit again. You need to be saved and be adopted to Gods family

FOURTH POINT

Before any Crucifixion event, Jesus said:

John 17:4
...I have """""""""""""""finished"""""""""""""" the work which thou gavest me to do.

Look, Jesus has FINISHED his work that the Father gave him. He said this before any crucifixion event even begin.

According to you Christians, he came to die for our sins, but Jesus said this verse before any crucifixion event even begin.

Which mean, he did NOT came to die for our sins, but came for keeping and fulfilling the Mosaic Law. NOT BRINGING A NEW RELIGION.

See

>John 17:4
Which in the context is clearly in reference to the crucifixion which would happen extremely soon
>but came for keeping and fulfilling the Mosaic Law
Do you know why He fulfilled the law? He had to do so because we can not.

>Which in the context is clearly in reference to the crucifixion which would happen extremely soon

According to whom?

>That's a prayer for His crucifixion, not for deliverance from it. The cup is a reference to Jeremiah 25:15-17. He is praying that God take away the cup of wrath, the wrath of God is taken away by the sacrifice of Christ.

According to whom?

FIFTH POINT

According to the documentary film, "Banned from the Bible", which can be watched on the History Channel, some of Saint Peter's apocalypse were banned from the current Bible, and these Epistles said that Jesus didn't get crucified on the cross and it only appeared that he was.

This banned part also says that Jesus was standing next to the cross laughing. These are the parts of the Bible that only few people in the world know about.

>history channel
>legitimate source

wew lad

I think this stands as it's own refutation

>kites and heretics believe this
Ov vey, gotta follow those jew rules :^3

>Historical documentary
>Not a legitimate source

>history channel
Jesus Christ user. do you not know how much non-canonical christian literature there is?

SIXTH POINT

NOWHERE in the Bible where Jesus himself straight-out UNAMBIGUOUSLY says that he is going to die for our sins.

Instead, he is saying THE EXACT OPPOSITE, """""""""in a clear cut unambiguous straight foward language even a child could understand""""""""""", that salvation only comes from keeping the Mosaic Law, not from someone elses blood.

>Ov vey, gotta follow those jew rules :^3

Just as my lord and savior did.

None of the Apocalypse of Peter is in the bible. It's a 3rd century Gnostic work of fiction. The reason it says Jesus merely appeared to be on the cross is because it denied Jesus was actually flesh, because in Gnosticism both creation and the creator are viewed as evil. You really, really don't want the Gnostics on your side.

>'Aliens, nazis and muh pawn stars' channel
>legitimate source

Pro tip, ignore shit produced for the masses. Documetaries a shit.

Pick up a fucking book instead. Preferably one that's properly peer reviewed

Yes I know. All the valid source become unvalid once it's appeared on History Channel. Just watch it if you got the tile to kill.

John 10:11
I would also like to point out all four gospels explicitly say Jesus died for sins

The source is invalid because everything you said about it is 100% wrong. What you described is laughable to literally anyone vaguely familiar with biblical history.

OP here. What exactly is "Salvation?" Salvation ≠ The Kingdom of Heaven. You guys are derailed af.

>documentaries made to attract people because 'oooooooh looook it's a seeecreeeet history!'
>valid source

You're the type of moron who trusts Procopius's secret history of Justinian because 'it must be true cuz it's secret :o!'

>how is an individual supposed to make it into Heaven?

RASEN KAIDAN

You miss the point. If it's on the History Channel it's probably not a good source. not to mention that it reveals how fucking uninformed you are. I don't know why you think that this specific apocrypha is trustworthy. this wasn't "banned" from the bible. It was probably written before there was even a consensus on a canonical list

>John 10:11
FIGURE
OF
SPEECH

Yes user, it is a figure of speech about Jesus dying for sins, we know.

The mentality of a Pharisee.

Yes, Islam is very Pharisaic

>according to the bible
Which?
The castrated one with 66 books?
The normal one with 73 books?
The bloated one with 88 books?

SEVENTH POINT

Why should God requires the blood of Jesus to forgive our sins? Since God HIMSELF can forgave sins.

Hebrews 8:12:
For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

God forgave sins for His own sake, not for the blood of Jesus.

Why should God need to sacrifice his own begotten Son in the first place?

Pharisees, when will they learn?

>20 And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?

>Jesus didn't die for our sins
>gotta follow all only jewish law to get into heaven
I wonder who could be behind this...?

This is seriously the only decent point that you raised. You are fucking cancer. I mean for YHWH's sake you made a post ANNOUNCING that you were going to post.

Because only those who keep the law perfectly will be saved, and Jesus alone was sinless. Thus my sins are imputed to Jesus and the righteousness of Christ is imputed to me.

Judith 1:1 is a blatant historical error

>don't gotta follow Jewish law to get into Jewish god's heaven

It's not a decent point though, if you read Hebrews the whole thing is all about how Jesus died for sins, from beginning to end.

Because God /IS/ the son you tard.
The son isn't seperate to god.
The Father who forgave sins? That's god.
The son, who forgave sins? That's god.

James 2:10
Perfection is the requirement. The only way into heaven is through the perfect righteousness of Christ.

>kikes actually believe this

yes yes, trust the Epistle of Hebrews, not the Torah itself

STOP ARGUING AND ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION FAGS

what was the question again?

Not an argument

>James 2:10
>For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Ummm..... what? That's kinda what the anime poster is saying.

>Perfection is the requirement. The only way into heaven is through the perfect righteousness of Christ.

According to whom?

>Deut. 4:40
>And thou shalt keep His statutes, and His commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the land, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.
actually it is, unless you're Marcion

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>That's kinda what the anime poster is saying.
No it's not, this verse says unless you are perfect and sinless you are damned
>According to whom?
The verse I quoted
Keeping the law =/= trusting in the law for salvation

Are you keeping the law, user?

Yup, that's all I got. I'm spent right now. I'll read all your replies, but I can't promise that I reply to you all. I'll be back in 8-9 hours or so.

And yes, "banned from the Bible" also feature elsewhere, like YouTube(lol). But please watch it if you have the time.

>Gnostic
According to Wikipedia, "It is unclear whether this text advocates an adoptionist (Jesus was Divine) or docetist (Jesus' body and crucifixion were an illusion) christology".

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_Apocalypse_of_Peter

If you don't agree with Wikipedia, please edit it.

Also, valid statement doesn't become unvalid if it's presented from a meme channel of website.

Thanks for reading, you're the MVP.

>James 2:10 states that the way into heaven is by keeping in line Mosaic law.

>Animeposter is saying that the way into heaven is keeping in line with Mosaic law.

....?

Just to add, all of my points are straight-foward, no need for desperate bending just to suit my case.

And to top it of, most of it are Jesus OWN words. Straight foward, unambiguous, easy to understand. Not need sugar coating everywhere. Just a hard solid evidence.