The middle ages

Which period of the middle ages are your favorite, which do you find the most interesting, why?

general medieval thread

Probably the late middle ages, seeing the transcitioning period of a feudal system to a more capitalist one

12-13th century golden age of shia-sufi esoterism

lot of cewl occultism unlike exoteric weakest european race

maybe 14th century, i really want to see how was the bubonic plague and its consequences

The Mongols knocking the Middle East back into the Stone Age where it still is today.

Blue Banana region of Europe in the post plague era. So second half 14th & 15th century. Especially the city states of Northern Italy, Switzerland and the HRE.
I find the society most interesting with all the different guilds, occupations, political figures and full life. Like myriads of towns with own militias and foreign politics and trade and and and.

900-1100 is the most badass time

>Europe is in the state of total war and mayhem
>tribes and ethnicities slaughtering each other and running all throughout the continent
>from all this ash and chaos, there are first winners rising
>first strong nations and kingdom are formed through iron and blood

What about the carolingians?

From the fall of the western roman empire up to the 7th century because so much of it is a mistery and seems to be a time where legends were born.

14th and 15th century Western Europe + Italy.

Their empire already fell apart. And at this time it was the Saxon Ottonians who managed to project their power and form the HRE. Meanwhile France was torn apart between the strong dukes and counts and when last Carolinian king died, the Capet dynasty took over and started their centuries long struggle to unite it.
It was truly the time where all of the Europe as we know it was formed.

Because this is the time when technology went from 0 to 100 real quick.

Not to neglect earlier developments but I just feel the Late Medieval Period is so vibrant.

>my negro

And the 16th century of course which gets browny points for having awesome ships.

Late Medieval -Early Modern period always seemed so strange.
Technology somehow started developing quickly, almost each decade brought changes. 1470 wasn't anything like 1500.

Well it did.

The difference between an 11th century Norman Knight and one who was present at the fall of Acre was there but it wasn't anything too stellar.

Probably the High Middle Ages, lots of religious, demographic and political upheaval

That's not saying much though, the Middle Ages as a whole bores me. My interests are in the 18th-early 20th century.

>Knight
Sorry, but are not only wrong, the face of warfare changed dramatically, but also you are focused on the wrong points of history. The technological and social advances of the late 15th are spectacular, at least in Western Europe.

Early Middle Ages, like all patricians

The Viking era, I'm a huge Nordicboo.
>Inb4 WE WUZ VIKANGZ AND SHEEEEEIT.

What?
Thats a gap of 200 years. Theres a good amount of difference between a pre and post crusades (if you will) knight.
Simply because they both wear heavy armor doesnt make them the same.

this
The War of the Roses to me, was the beginning of Napoleonic era battlefield fighting.

hhhhnnnnnnnnnngggggggg

England pre-1066

This.

Ah, the famous "Blue Boomerang".

Should stretch into Ireland, they were heavily involved in the intrigues and politics of the Wars of the Roses.

Europeans were literally living in the dark ages during the middle ages

no contributions, no knowledge

Yet you live in their world, something out of nothing huh? You must be an atheist.

Poor b8

that club never fail to amuse me

we have odo's club on the bayeux tapestry to thank for DnD clerics being restricted to blunt weapons

Early middle ages, invasion of britannia and resettlement is really cool.

I like medieval Ireland because they had a lot of weird customs and stuff that make them seem pretty alien as far as Europeans go

When could one say the renaissance started? There seems to be so much disagreement on that